• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
^I was going to say something related to stomach acid but I'll shut up instead. >_>;

platnum

Smash Lord

Or something like that. :D

(I'm starting to like this joke a little too much)
that makes ridley look cute how dare you
How DARE you call Ridley's son a pet! D<
indeed
ok guys ridley demands we go back on topic
yes lets
cute

EDIT: it seems you guys changed the subject while i drew this.
cute
pwnzorz
pwnzorz
Here you go, Siver!

winner of the artfest
that would be amazing, I realy hope they do something like that.(but I doubt it will happen).
that wont happen but hope it does

allright people lets get back on topic before kokoichi closes us

@ridley_prime BEAT THAT

Shuma

Smash Hero
Uuuuh... They're on-topic, back in the day we held art contests, before the dark times... before the chicken empire(kokichi).

platnum

Smash Lord
i beat it.................no....ridley beat it!
no you did not

on topic:ridley FS omega charge:ridley transforms into omega ridley and charges at a random character and if he hits them he slashes and chomps them repetedly then finishes with a phazon beam,if he misses however,then he then goes of screen and gets KO'd(i had to balance it somehow)also if he hits he stays omega the whole battle and his moves get stronger and have more knockback and his fire ball move(see main post)becomes a phazon ball

Reyairia

Smash Champion
no you did not

on topic:ridley FS omega charge:ridley transforms into omega ridley and charges at a random character and if he hits them he slashes and chomps them repetedly then finishes with a phazon beam,if he misses however,then he then goes of screen and gets KO'd(i had to balance it somehow)also if he hits he stays omega the whole battle and his moves get stronger and have more knockback and his fire ball move(see main post)becomes a phazon ball
That is the worst run-on sentence I have ever seen in my life.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think my favorite Ridley Final Smash idea suggested was a Space Pirate invasion. I don't remember who suggested it, but it would fit Ridley really well. His title is Space Pirate Commander, afterall.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I think my favorite Ridley Final Smash idea suggested was a Space Pirate invasion. I don't remember who suggested it, but it would fit Ridley really well. His title is Space Pirate Commander, afterall.
That is a neat idea. :3

Shuma

Smash Hero
How about you guys get MSN or something and stop spamming the Ridley thread, seriously, every single post in the last pages is Spam.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
How about you guys get MSN or something and stop spamming the Ridley thread, seriously, every single post in the last pages is Spam.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do but so far only Faust has given me his msn!!!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
ok fine....i'm guilty of that. someone pitch a new topic we can work with.
Okay, I pitched this in a while ago but only like two other people were around so I guess it's okay.
I was disappointed on how Ridley was interpreted as a quadruped in Corruption. I think that lowers him to the status of an animal instead of an intelligent being. How do you think him interchanging between quadruped and biped would work in Brawl.

I need to go to sleep now, dudes, be sure to Private Message me your IMs so we can have a spamfest instead of taking it out here! ^_^

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Of course, Ridley may not need a car, but we do!!! :(
Yep. :(

Also guys, what technically defines spam in this thread? Cause I'm looking over and not much really seems like spam.
Same here. I was kinda wondering that myself.

Ah yeah.
The only thing that upset me was how he was on all fours during most of the battle. IMO, that makes him look like some domesticated animal, if he were bipedal though that makes him more "human" and thus more intelligent.
Meh. While I agree with that last part, I though it was cool how he was on all 4 and jumped from side to side and what not. IMO, in Brawl, his jump, double jump, and triple jump (Up+B), should involve being on all 4 somehow. It would make his jumps look more unique, as opposed to just jumping on 2 like everyone else.

Edit: Can everybody see my sig, i'm having problems with it.
Nope. All I see is a red X...

A shiny ridley? I noticed he looked much shinier in prime 1 then he did in prime 3
Well, yeah. His wings were anyway.

The first Metroid Ridley wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?

Yeah. That's the first one alright.

Because Nintendo felt like making him purple.
Though I think he looks best in black. :p
Same here. Red's okay too, but not quite as cool as black (in Ridley's case).

You think when he fell in Phazon in Metroid Prime he would be blue now....
Eh, his Phazite armor sure was blue.

Oooh ooooh. What if, when his damage got high, he turned red and stuff? Wouldn't that be sweet and nostalgic at the same time?
Heh. Yep. :chuckle: He would turn red after 200% damage or so.

Whatever color Ridley is, it'll rock hard.
He could make hot pink look badass. :cool:
Well, his wings were pink in Metroid Fusion, so...

I guess that could work (the above is just Ridley-X though. An X-Parasite mimicing him).

The suddenly a large green monster with 3 spikes coming out of its belly rises from the ocean.
/Godzilla ripoff

you want a great Ridley fanart??

this is the best one i have seen:

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/064/d/4/Norfair_Depths_by_transfuse.jpg
Heh. I was wondering where the original version of that image was. Thanks for posting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gle33K5csFU

:p

I want to see ridley make a full flege attack on the GF
Then replay the Norion portion of Metroid Prime 3, right when you're heading back to your ship after restoring the 2nd generator. Samus and a fellow Federation PED Marine were only able to watch helplessly as Ridley single handedly wiped out an entire platoon of Marines on the other side of the base.

Yep. He killed an entire squad of GF Troopers in just one attack...

:laugh: Now that's a good one.

Hey guys, found this cool site...its wikitroid, a wiki for metroid.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley
Yeah. I believe I posted that link not too long ago (yesterday, I think) in one of my previous posts. :p

@ridley_prime BEAT THAT
Um, 'k.

lol'd to what?

BTW guys, how about to avoid this becoming a spamfest... What are all you guys' IMs? :D
Meh. Mine's Ridley_Prime@hotmail.com (very original. I know :p).
I use MSN by the way.

no you did not

Yeah... although it is a run-on sentence (@ Reyairia), it's still one of the best Ridley final smash ideas I've seen yet. :p

my im? check it out on my profile you silly goose.
Oh. Yeah. Should've mentioned that it's in my profile too...

on topic:ridley >throw:ridley toses his victem up a short distance then stabs them with his tail 4 times (on the 4th hit they go flyin)
Hmm... works for me. :p

seriously, every single post in the last pages is Spam.
And your post is helping with the problem, how? :p

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I think that if Ridley was in brawl he would probably be biped, or at least that's the way that he SHOULD be in my personal opinion.

The only way I could see him on all fours is if he was crawling or crouching. Maybe he would even be a quadruped when he is sprinting.

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Corneria, fourth panet of the Lylat System
while ridley is an intelligent creature, there is also no denying he is, indeed, an animal. So, if sakurai has taken this into account (or takes, depending on what you think about ridley being playable), i think that some of his moves, particularly his smashes, will be more animal in nature, maybe not necessarily on all fours though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it's unlikely we'll see Ridley on all-fours at all. The Prime series isn't well-received in Japan, so I doubt the Smash team will draw many influences from it. Although, I think it could work as his crouched stance. Maybe even crawling? o_0

I thought it was... oddly cute when Ridley started crawling around on all-fours. Only Samus could make Ridley get on his hands and knees...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I think it's unlikely we'll see Ridley on all-fours at all. The Prime series isn't well-received in Japan, so I doubt the Smash team will draw many influences from it. Although, I think it could work as his crouched stance. Maybe even crawling? o_0
Yes. It would definitely work well for those 2 (crouched and crawling).

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
guys i know im going off topic but i just want to give a quick thanks. I've been switching between this and writing a paper for my english class, and it would be really boring other wise XD, dont worry im doing well.
now, back on topic:
even though prime (or metroid) isnt exactly a hot item in japan, ridley seems to be, and the most recent games were the prime series, so sakurai will more than likely take influence from that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
i say he should hover like mewtwo
Hmm. That could work too I guess...

On a side note, Admiral Dane for Brawl!
Come on guys. You know he would be awesome. :rolleyes:

But really. Ridley for teh Brawlz!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
actually, wouldn't that make him kind of floaty? oh wait i have an interesting question...do you think his victory music will be the same as Samus'? It should be his theme song, which is the number one reason why I love Ridley.
Hmm. I think Ridley's victory music should probably be like a rock/metal version of Samus'.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
even though prime (or metroid) isnt exactly a hot item in japan, ridley seems to be, and the most recent games were the prime series, so sakurai will more than likely take influence from that.
Even so, Samus is sporting her Zero Mission suit, rather than her Prime suit, and her weapons now look more like they did in Super Metroid. I do hope that Ridley is given some moves from the Prime series. Such as that dash thing he does in Prime 1 and 3, and various standard moves.

Also, I think his victory music will probably stay the same as Samus'.

Faustus

Smash Apprentice
Even so, Samus is sporting her Zero Mission suit, rather than her Prime suit, and her weapons now look more like they did in Super Metroid. I do hope that Ridley is given some moves from the Prime series. Such as that dash thing he does in Prime 1 and 3, and various standard moves.

Also, I think his victory music will probably stay the same as Samus'.
he would have to be given his prime moveset because all he had in the older games was flying around shooting missles, with the exception of the pseudo 3-d dive he did in super metroid.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
he would have to be given his prime moveset because all he had in the older games was flying around shooting missles
Eh, those were fireballs that he was shooting in the 2-D games, not missiles :p (though he does fire missiles in Prime 1).

*looks at pictures*

hahahahahah those are great
Co-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom