• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Dunno. I've been working on it for hours now. I'm using only MSPaint.

And it is a good pose, but a few hours into it, I wanted to get a look at Omega Ridley, and while I didn't find a pic immediately, I recalled his pose and realize my drawing's pose is looking quite similar to that one. =/

But that's cool.

Oh...and when I was saying "Pretty sweet, huh?", I was being a little sarcastic. =P On its own it just looks like a big fat scribble

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Cant wait to see the finished product then ; )

I wonder what Ridley's role will be in the next Metroid when it (Eventually) comes out.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I prefer RPG maker 2003, but unfortunatly it doesn't allow me to use a ridley sprite as big as the one as I want, without programming all this crap to create the rest of his sprite next to him, which could take me as much as 5 or 6 hours, I don't have that kind of time

but in C# i've created a kick@$$ battle system that could easily implement a 96X96 sprite, so I guess I'll do that

R4B
Ridley RPG for win

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
could you pm me a link to the download site for rpg 2003 Falco@Victory?

i'm logging off now so i'll get it in the morning. (if you do it)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't you hear...Ridley is going to be a stage...He's SOOOO big everyone can fight on his back...

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Oh, btw. One Piece new dubbing. Oh my god. Its so win.

Anyways.. I have a cold.

-Ridley for Brawl

Whats the point of leaving Ridley? Just stick with it for gods sake. And also, we've pretty much mentioned everything known to man about Ridley, so we have no choice to spam.

Here, I'll try to make a discussion.

Which character would be most comparable to Ridley and why?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
axemangx said:
Which character would be most comparable to Ridley and why?
I'm thinking he'd be a mix of Bowser and Mewtwo (tail attacks) mostly, with a little bit of Charizard. (wing related stuff...)

Also, from what I can gather, Ridley is around 15' 4.9" in Super Metroid, and around 12' 6" in Zero Mission.

...Yeah. >>

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So, back to unrelated spam again, I see?

How long until we see the "New Ridley Thread 2.0"??...
Now I see why you shrugged this thread off from the start.

Not only has this become off-topic for the most part, but the intelligence has decreased dramatically, and has become a breeding ground for fanboys.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
they'd probably still keep him in his badguy role.

actually, i wonder how the will handle villains in SSE. its not like they can be discriminated cos they're evil, and hence unplayable until you just choose them in a melee (brawl, whatever). perhaps they will go with the cheesy, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sorta thing, but its just difficult to see link and ganondorf helping each other through a tight spot. ridley and samus as well.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Heres a storyline I kinda thought up.

You see, Ridley has been chained up by the Minister by a magical-force cage. The forces are currently low at the moment for being against the Minister. Samus, as much as she'd regret doing this, somehow talks Ridley into joining her and the others. She will be enemies with him again as soon as the madness is over. Ridley shows some powerful skills as he slashes through the Primids. They eventually knock him over from his back. But, Samus then Rockets them off his back. Then it goes to gameplay.

How is it?

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Wow. For fun and boredom today, I replayed Metroid Fusion. The Ridley boss battle was awesome and reminded me of why Ridley is the best. It was difficult (I barely got out fo the fight with 2 extra vars of HP), fun, and graphically and musically top-notch. It reaffirmed my hype for Ridley.

Ridley for Brawl.

You see, Ridley has been chained up by the Minister by a magical-force cage. The forces are currently low at the moment for being against the Minister. Samus, as much as she'd regret doing this, somehow talks Ridley into joining her and the others. She will be enemies with him again as soon as the madness is over. Ridley shows some powerful skills as he slashes through the Primids. They eventually knock him over from his back. But, Samus then Rockets them off his back. Then it goes to gameplay.

How is it?
I always expected Ridley to side with the Primid. You know, what with him being evil and all that. :p

But still, if he turned out to be a good guy, that would be a cool way for it to happen.

Ridley for Brawl.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

How is it?
hmm......well theres one major flaw..... samus doesn't talk! rofl

i see what you mean though, and its sort of the only plausible way to get him involved in the in the storyline as a 'good guy'. temporary allies ftw!

how cool would it be if they had separate bad-guy SSE stories though. ganon and ridley teaming up anyone? PWNAGE!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
mabye ridley and samus are duking it out until....the ancient minister and the primid attack! The two metroid warriors decide to join forces to defeat this new foe, so that they may get on with their never ending battle....and thats as much as ive got for now.
Samus and Ridley teaming up? Now that would pwn.

How is it?
Not too shabby.

Pretty nice actually.

hmm......well theres one major flaw..... samus doesn't talk! rofl
She does. Just not in most of the games (she does in Fusion though). Ridley's capable of human speech too, but like Samus, isn't really shown in the games.

They both talk in the Super Metroid manga, as well as the Metroid e-manga (made by Yoshio Sakamoto, which is in fact canon to the series like the games are).

For those who haven't seen either of the manga, I guess I'll post the Super Metroid one with the parts of Ridley talking (and maybe the others later if I feel like it, but I think pretty much everyone knows about that).

Regardless though, I guess it's safe to say that neither of them will really be talking in Brawl, but if they did by some miracle, Ridley should have one of those deep, demon-like voices IMO.

how cool would it be if they had separate bad-guy SSE stories though. ganon and ridley teaming up anyone? PWNAGE!
So true. :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That comic was neat Ridley_Prime. I like how Ridley greets everyone with 'It's been a long time [insert name]'. :laugh:

For whatever reason, the panel where Ridley says "I'm going to make a tactical retreat!" makes me laugh.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Whoah! The bad guys being in their own party? Why didn't I think of that? Of course, Nintendo's made Bowser so stupid lately he'd probably be forced to join the good guys (AGAIN!).

Shuma

Smash Hero
"it's been a long time Samus"

"Yeah, 23 hours"

"..... It's been a long time Samus"

"*sigh*"

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley and Ganon would be... the best choice.

Ridley and Bowser would be funny due to a certain reptiles incompetence.

Ridley and Mew two?... would be over to quickly... he is the... ANTI POKEMON!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow. Now that is an acceptable post. Bravo.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Or his frigate (Still in construction... because the lead designers computer is broken) drifts into Sub space and either.

1. Gets swarmed by Primids and everyone on board is killed (Bar Ridley) he then proceeds to blow up the ship and fly away.

2. Same as above except Ridley gets taken as a prisoner of war.

3. The Subspace Army shoots Ridley's ship causing it to crash onto a planet (likely the one where everyone else is).

4. The SM comes to the ship and offers an to become allies with Ridley and / or the space pirates.

Which one? YOU DECIDE!

Hejiru

Smash Ace
That comic was neat Ridley_Prime. I like how Ridley greets everyone with 'It's been a long time [insert name]'. :laugh:

For whatever reason, the panel where Ridley says "I'm going to make a tactical retreat!" makes me laugh.
Ridley can talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom