• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Reign; a Guide to BBrawl Ganon

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just pointing out the obvious, someone is going to have to learn to powershield more than ever to bring Ganondorf to the next level.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
I am very impressed with the direction that you guys are taking with BBrawl. For me, Ganon is a lot more fun than he used to be.

I think that a good way to get more people to play BBrawl would be to have a forum where they can exchange friend codes.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I found out a somewhat situation trick that gets you some free extra damage. If you hit someone with a meaty Dtilt (on frames 11 or 12) you can double trip them by using Dtilt again. It looks and feels so pro (kick em while they're down lol).

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I found out a somewhat situation trick that gets you some free extra damage. If you hit someone with a meaty Dtilt (on frames 11 or 12) you can double trip them by using Dtilt again. It looks and feels so pro (kick em while they're down lol).
Nice, I'm trying to figure out who get's hit with f-smash on back roll after trip. If you get them near the edge, they're screwed. They back roll, f-smash, get up attack, f-smash, out roll, f-smash >__<

TP

Smash Master
Very clever discovery, Big O. I'm impressed.

Good idea from you too, Swoops. Together, the three of us could create a whole new metagame for Ganon in BBrawl. :)

:034:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nice, I'm trying to figure out who get's hit with f-smash on back roll after trip. If you get them near the edge, they're screwed. They back roll, f-smash, get up attack, f-smash, out roll, f-smash >__<
Depends on how close to the edge they are. If you're too close, they can DI away and grab the ledge instead. It's also possible to grab the ledge out of trip. It's happened to me before when I played Big O (I was using Bowser).

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Very clever discovery, Big O. I'm impressed.

Good idea from you too, Swoops. Together, the three of us could create a whole new metagame for Ganon in BBrawl. :)

This is one of the reasons that I love the Ganon Boards. We are QUITE dedicated to improving Ganondorf, no matter if it's vBrawl, BBrawl or Brawl+.

Honestly, the Ganon Boards is the best board I have ever seen in my life !!!

I love you guys !

That's a great idea Twilight Prince.

Good Luck with that.;)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I think you can Fsmash MK, G&W, Olimar, and more after a flame choke > Dtilt no matter what they do. If they roll out Buffer a SS Fsmash. If they stand up you charge the Fsmash a little. If they attack you will hit them first. Rolling inwards means you can do pretty much anything you want.

Punishing away rolls with Fair for people like Marth and Falco can be done after flame chokes or Dtilt trips. Lucario is definitely the hardest person to punish though (I did get a glancing blow twice so I assume it is possible but the timing needed to hit him must be insane).

TP

Smash Master
Punishing away rolls with Fair for people like Marth and Falco can be done after flame chokes or Dtilt trips. Lucario is definitely the hardest person to punish though (I did get a glancing blow twice so I assume it is possible but the timing needed to hit him must be insane).
Earlier today, Thinkaman and I were talking about Dtilt>Fair. He likes the idea, but I don't think you should go for it for two reasons: you won't sweetspot the Fair because you are hitting with the very beginning of it, and hitting with DA (the weak part) is better, since it leads to a grab at low percents and a Bair at higher percents. Fair is only 15%, weak DA is 10% plus 23% for a grab or 15% for a Bair.

However, do not let me discourage you from trying it out on people and seeing how it works. We need to develop as much as we can.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I've actually gotten sweetspot Fairs on Marth and Falco. I wouldn't go for the Fair from a Dtilt unless they were pretty close though since it only gets harder with more distance between them and Ganon. I like it vs Marth after a flame choke the most since if he attacks you can empty jump instead of committing to the Fair and Fsmash him for free.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Wait wat. You shouldn't even be getting dtilts on Marth and Falco in the first place. (Something else that could stand to be changed, too)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wait wat. You shouldn't even be getting dtilts on Marth and Falco in the first place. (Something else that could stand to be changed, too)
Why not? If they couldn't get hit with Dtilt then how could they get hit by anything? I don't think I've ever been JV 4 stocked by either one (or ever).

Dtilt when close? Maybe I can see what your saying. I would still doubt it because plenty of moves that are slower still hit them. Being safe enough to spam is a different story.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Out of Flame Choke is what I mean. You still shouldn't be hitting them with Dtilt OoS, either, though. Considering that they should be either out of range or in the air and hitting you when you want to do it.

TP

Smash Master
It's a shame that your Ganon is always either shielding or choking, Salty. You should talk to him about it. When you do, tell him that I have no problem landing Dtilts on Falco and the matchup is fine now. (Haven't played Marth yet)

TP

Smash Master
It really is quite amazing. Trip rolls generally are shorter than rolls after a choke, which means tech chasing after a Dtilt is easier and more effective than doing so after a choke. Ganon is seriously completely viable in BBrawl, although certain matchups are still rather clearly not in his favor (Samus). I highly recommend you try it, Kalm.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Ganon is seriously completely viable in BBrawl
No offense TP, but I still have my doubts about it.
I may be wrong to be saying that cuz I never tried BBrawl, but I think BBrawl Ganondorf lacks a decent approach which is vital to him.

This isn't a criticism, is just my opinion.

TP

Smash Master
He still sucks at approaching, but the reward for reaching the opponent is now so huge that it makes up for it. Also, Wizkick now goes through most projectiles, which is a huge help. Trust me on this, he's fine.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
He still sucks at approaching, but the reward for reaching the opponent is now so huge that it makes up for it. Also, Wizkick now goes through most projectiles, which is a huge help. Trust me on this, he's fine.
Well, as you said, if you reach your opponent successfully, you can give a good ****.
This is very good indeed.

My question is: How can you reach successfully a truly skilled player, since Ganondorf still lacks a decent approach ? That's the hardest part.

I liked the fact that Wizkick got much more stronger. That's awesome and useful, but you have a little problem which is: if you constantly use the Wizkick, it will get stale and lose power. I think this problem isn't enough to make the Wizkick an awful move.;)

Another thing, since you're good at Chainchoking, you're able to refresh your moves, specially the Wizkick. So... It's ok TP.:laugh:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I liked the fact that Wizkick got much more stronger. That's awesome and useful, but you have a little problem which is: if you constantly use the Wizkick, it will get stale and lose power. I think this problem isn't enough to make the Wizkick an awful move.;)
This was definitely taken into consideration, and is a very good example of designing changes with stale moves in mind. Without stale moves, it would be slightly too large of a buff and make Ganon very focused on just that one move.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Sideb, dtilt to jab is my favorite combo... too good :x

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It does like 31%. Wow. And it's three consecutive hits.

Yeah, that's pretty **** good.

Oh and guys, save U-throw for KOs. It's better than B-throw as far as I can tell. And people are unlikely to DI it correctly if you grab them near the edge.

I did KO percent tests and well...Wizkick seriously doesn't KO early enough when FRESH. From the center of FD, at best you'll KO Mario with it at like 130% or so, which is alright...but not good enough for being a 16 frame move. And then the late hit doesn't kill until the 160s if I recall.

So yeah, it needs to KO at least 25% earlier imo. =/

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Its good to see Ganons coming together for the greater evil.

While I know Ganondorf is better I would like to see some new changes in the next update to help him with his main problems namely HighPriority Speedsters and Projectile Campers. Perhaps faster Jab or something of the sort.

Anyway back to the now, I love the new D-tilt. The followups and garantees are nearly endless (Certain Characters that we desparately needed Guerdo followups from are alot better, for me namely Marth). Also can anyone check if MurderChoke->D-tilt->D-Smash is garenteed on some characters. Right now I think this is good for Olimar.

The Dark Death AKA Dark Dive is a brutal recovery now. No more bad rewards for landing it and ESPECIALLY sometimes saving your foe. Now it either sends them to heaven or shoots them straight into the dank depair of the darkness where spiders bite their eyes and rats knaw at their bones. SWEET!

Uptilt while still used sparingly is pretty neat. The damage zooms up and makes opponents panic until the eruption just like it did at Pompei. i typically use it for edgegurading, seems to have a bigger range then I thought.

That's it For now While I understand Ganon still has some problems to address I think he'll do just fine for now. Also Wiztruck FTW

PS. Someone should Sticky this

TP

Smash Master
Lokee, welcome to the board. It's always good to see new Ganons and new BBrawl players.

Dsmash is NOT guaranteed after a Dtilt. Dtilt gives you a frame advantage of somewhere between 8 and 10 frames, almost always 8. Therefore, Dsmash is still too slow, but on the bright side, Jab is guaranteed after Dtilt on every character except one. I forget which, it's just that one character is too low to the ground at the time for Jab to hit.

Almost everyone underestimates Utilt's range, which is what makes it such a good surprise attack.

LOL @ Wiztruck. I'm using that name from now on. :)

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Takes TP good to know there is always a welcome wagon for new forum members.

Anyway about the downsmash, I guess it maybe just AI stupidity, but still the followups from the Gerudo now are pretty Bad-A. Well I should say more Bad-A.

Anyway im still afriad of some particular match-ups for Ganon.

Marth, Metaknight, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Game+Watch, Snake., Shiek. I feel these are his particular bad Matches. Also cause of her buffs Samus

Although I think the GnW battle is alot better. Still sux that he is fast ,powerful and cause of Bucket Breaking lives at a % he was not meant to venture.

Also I think Ganon became the 1# Heavyweight killer.

Top Bottom