• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The New" R.O.B. Player interview thread

TheMike

Smash Lord
N.A.G.A.C.E said:
TheMike is only 14 he is making me feel old.
Hahahaha. 1,91 meters guy that is only 14 years old. xD

ChiboSempai said:
so you came to evo i take it from the answers? any other time ul be comin back to the us?
No. It was Evo South America, held in São Paulo, Brazil. And I'm trying to go to Pound 4, not sure if I'll or not, but at least I'm trying. =D

Edit1: My vote goes to Eric.

Edit2: I put the wrong url of the Brazilian Board. Now it's corrected, and it's www.1upsmash.zip.net

tocador

Smash Lord

No. It was Evo South America, held in São Paulo, Brazil. And I'm trying to go to Pound 4, not sure if I'll or not, but at least I'm trying. =D

Edit2: I put the wrong url of the Brazilian Board. Now it's corrected, and it's www.1upsmash.zip.net
Ive seen this guy on person, and man he is huge.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion

wait are u saying you are 1.91 meters tall (6 foot 2)

Now u are making me feel short and old (5 foot 8/9 and 21 years old)

(since i am still new to these boards idk who to vote for but Eric sounds good to me)

Edit: i just challenged cable to a mm at a tourney i am going to this weekend if i beat him i shot next interview (it will be the start of my rise to fame :))

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
wait are u saying you are 1.91 meters tall (6 foot 2)

Now u are making me feel short and old (5 foot 8/9 and 21 years old)

(since i am still new to these boards idk who to vote for but Eric sounds good to me)

Edit: i just challenged cable to a mm at a tourney i am going to this weekend if i beat him i shot next interview (it will be the start of my rise to fame :))
Do you still practice with Will a lot?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've still yet to play Cable
Though I play Africa a lot, have tourney'd Will, and MM'd Bum.
The only set I lost was with Bum, though I think I played a tad too aggressive. Bum was a lot smarter than the rest in actually reading me to get kills. I mean sure Cable and Will might be advancing in terms of DK's metagame but Bum just feels like such a smarter player.
And ROB v DK is a really easy matchup btw.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I've still yet to play Cable
Though I play Africa a lot, have tourney'd Will, and MM'd Bum.
The only set I lost was with Bum, though I think I played a tad too aggressive. Bum was a lot smarter than the rest in actually reading me to get kills. I mean sure Cable and Will might be advancing in terms of DK's metagame but Bum just feels like such a smarter player.
And ROB v DK is a really easy matchup btw.
i go to school with Will so i know the MU like the back of my hand. Also i got Will to say its worst then fighting DDD which i am proud of. I think ROB has a small advantage in the MU 55-45.

Also a long time ago i played Bum in tourney and lost but i am so much better now plus as i said now i know the MU

edit: sorry cj did not see your post but the 1st part answers it. yes i play Will a lot

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
TheMike is only 14 he is making me feel old. anyway are we still asking TheMike more questions or are we moving on?
That's it, time to move on.
Yea...every time there is a post like what TheMIKE did earlier that means that persons turn is over. :)

Also...instead of voting can I just chose @ random the voting idea....will take for ever + it about time we moved on. :)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yo Chibo i was talking to Will and he says he wants to MM so here i am passing on the message.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so 6mizu says your very irish just how irish are you.
who is your worst MU and if its MK who is your 2nd worst.
were are you from
how often do u go to tourneys

edit: also don't forget if i get to play and then beat cable i am calling next interview.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
who is your worst MU and if its MK who is your 2nd worst.
My worst matchup is Olimar and my second worst is Sonic. the weirdos just get inside my head yo.

were are you from
I'm from Allentown, but I grew up in mid-jersey

how often do u go to tourneys
every couple of months on average. I want to get out to more, but I have things that take priority over smash unfortunately.

When are you gonna go to a PA tourney!? :mad:
When I stop having a life.

From where your nickname comes from?
Well Jumpman is mario. Gw is a prefix people from http://www.gamewinners.com/forums would put in their name back in their day to show they were originals.

If you live in PA, why don't you come to OHIO tournies XD
Because allentown is all the way on the other side and it's a loooooooooong way away.

How often do you play brawl? and
Almost every day but less so now.

How often do you go to tournaments?
See above answer somewhere

What do you do alone @ home to practice? (and I mean like watch vids or like jump into training to try stuff out)
Well, to practice, I just play against CPUs. I don't do it for the matchups, I just do it to 'stay in shape' so I don't lose my touch. Of course, I play against people when I get the time.

When you first started going to tourneys did you get very tense..which caused you not to be able to think straight or not play correctly?

My first tourney was M@v's Final Smash 2008 tourney in Pittsburgh and I got 4th place. When I was there, I completely learned the Fox matchup (Ftilt camping yo). I wasn't too tense because I spent almost the whole days friendlying wih other people and I was dominating pretty well. In fact the only challenges there were really Cam, Lawz, some random Lucario player, and M@v.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Questions for Chibo.

What do you prefer to play, brawl, brawl+, or melee? Why?

Would you come to another one of my tournaments possibly in a different venue? :)

Thinking of hosting another national tournament? I know Alex's and Inui's get national like turnout, in competition but last real one was Apex :)

TheMike

Smash Lord
Why do I love you so much?(<3)

Seriously,

Why did you chose Samus(Melee) and ROB(Brawl)?
Have you already heard about another Brazilian smasher besides Kizzu, Walk/Ryota and I?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I thought I read somewhere that Chibo chose Samus and ROB b/c they were the most robotic chars...

Anyway, my question!

What's your greatest fear when MM'ing or Tourney matching someone better than you?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
My questions are the same as before....w/ 1 more question. (My questions are usually the same because I always wonder these things about other players.

How often do you play brawl? and
How often do you go to tournaments?
What do you do alone @ home to practice? (and I mean like watch vids or like jump into training to try stuff out)

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Whats 'Chibo Sempai'?

What is ROBs job in doubles?

Why do you like 'dunking' so much?
And did you like it when I dunked you in dittos? :p Just messin with ya.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Small suggestion: Why not put the links to where the interviewee answers his questions in the OP instead of just where...? Once this thread gets longer (if it does), searching through pages for answers would be a pain. Not that I think anyone would care enough to look, but just a thought.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I agree, thats what they do for other interviews, and Chibo, I assume Mizu just tells you after a certain number of questions have been asked

@Chibo: How many interviews on smashboards like this have you done?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Small suggestion: Why not put the links to where the interviewee answers his questions in the OP instead of just where...? Once this thread gets longer (if it does), searching through pages for answers would be a pain. Not that I think anyone would care enough to look, but just a thought.
I agree, thats what they do for other interviews, and Chibo, I assume Mizu just tells you after a certain number of questions have been asked

@Chibo: How many interviews on smashboards like this have you done?
Done!
Thank you, for suggesting that.

Come people couple of mo' questions. :)

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Name at least three different Halloween costumes you have worn.
Boxers or briefs?
What makes you different from other ROB mains (other than winning money *snap!*)
(a) What is your favorite flavor of Kellogg's Pop-Tarts and (b) do you toast/freeze them or just eat them as sold?
At Drexel, which other smashers do you play the most in Brawl? Melee?
JCaesar is to Brawl+ as Chibosempai is to ________________ <----does not have to be Smash-related
What would you do if you stepped out of the shower with a towel on, walked out of the back area of the bathroom, and saw a wild Chibomon, casually (and impossibly) brushing its teeth with your toothbrush and toothpaste, not even noticing that you were there?
What is your favorite type of poisonous plant or vegetation?
Suppose that you are a bus driver. At the first stop on your route, seven people get on. At the second stop, four additional people get on, and two get off. At the next stop, five people get on and three people get off. At the stop after that, thirteen people get on but four people get off. Between this stop and the next stop, instant asexual reproduction leads to an increase of six people on the bus. Eight people decide that the bus is too cramped and get off at the next stop, but two people change their minds and reenter the bus at the last minute. As you pull up to the next stop, you watch as six people squeeze onto the bus. Following this, one person gets off the bus and two people get on the bus. Question: How many people are now on the bus?
How fast can you bake thirty-minute brownies?
Do you prefer eggs scrambled, over-easy, or sunny-side-up?
Why did you decide to go to Drexel over other schools?
If twenty people got on the bus at the last stop in addition to the two people that were already going on the bus, how many people would be on the bus now?
Favorite part about college and college life? Least favorite part?
If I were to throw you a surprise birthday party, (a)what date would I have to throw it on and (b) If this surprise party were to celebrate your birthday five years from now, on what day of the week would it fall?
What is your favorite key on a standard PC keyboard? Does this answer change if you are using a Mac? If so, what is your new favorite key?
What is your favorite board game?
Have you ever collected marbles, stones, rare coins, or other small and shiny objects?
Favorite (unhacked) music track in SSBB? SSBM? SSB64?
If, at the third bus stop, only three people got on and five people decided to get off, how many people would be on the bus stop at the end of the first scenario? Second scenario?
Do you find that your personality, thoughts, and actions accurately reflect the prediction and horoscope given using a Chinese Zodiac calendar?
Do you wear contacts? If so, has this ever affected a serious Smash set?
Have you ever traveled outside of the United States? Outside of North America?
Please rank in order of most to least preferred: Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Wendy's, Arby's, and Sonic.
Have you ever had to explain to someone not from Pennsylvania what a perogie is? What a philly cheesesteak entails?
What happened to BR:II videos? What about your combo video?
Do you have a favorite/least favorite prime number? If so, what is it?
Which would you rather live on, the North Pole or the South Pole?
Name your three favorite carbonated beverages in the order in which they were first manufactured

I think that's it for now.

Top Bottom