• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Haru trailer is out!
Haru's Showtime with Morgana is incredibly cute, and it seems that her wish is for her father to be a kinder man... interesting.

Also, Haru with a beret is going to blow up on Twitter, calling it now.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Joker's quickly become one of my favorite characters to play as, so another Phantom Thief is welcome in my book.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Show Times. I find it interesting that we’ve seen 2 for every character but none include Joker, Kasumi, or Crow. So I’m left to assume that each of those will have one with each of the others. And that’s all of the Show Times in the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In regards to Show Times. I find it interesting that we’ve seen 2 for every character but none include Joker, Kasumi, or Crow. So I’m left to assume that each of those will have one with each of the others. And that’s all of the Show Times in the game.
The thing is, characters can have multiple showtimes(Like how Ryuji has one with Yusuke and Makoto). Because of that, we can't reasonably assume how many are left.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
iirc the combo attacks in P4 golden also didn't include the protagonist

an akechi/kasumi one feels very likely though

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If we do get an Akechi showtime, I doubt he will be in many, considering that
he is in your party for a very short period of time, since he betrays you and dies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
iirc the combo attacks in P4 golden also didn't include the protagonist

an akechi/kasumi one feels very likely though
Makes sense that the protag would be excluded if the method of getting these are due to some separate character interaction thing. And I agree that Kasumi and Akechi will very likely get an attack.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, characters can have multiple showtimes(Like how Ryuji has one with Yusuke and Makoto). Because of that, we can't reasonably assume how many are left.
I know, but every character so far has had 2 that we have seen. So unless every character has a third or Futaba has 2 of her own, it means that Kasumi and Crow won’t have the same amount as the rest

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If we do get an Akechi showtime, I doubt he will be in many, considering that
he is in your party for a very short period of time, since he betrays you and dies.
Thing is
The first big trailer for P5R had a shot where we could see Akechi in a bus with Haru. This is important because the outfit he was wearing was his Black Mask suit, hinting that Akechi would live past his original death and join the Thieves.
I know, but every character so far has had 2 that we have seen. So unless every character has a third or Futaba has 2 of her own, it means that Kasumi and Crow won’t have the same amount as the rest
Interesting tidbit.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thing is
The first big trailer for P5R had a shot where we could see Akechi in a bus with Haru. This is important because the outfit he was wearing was his Black Mask suit, hinting that Akechi would live past his original death and join the Thieves.
Woah woah woah I never say that! Got an image?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Decided to take a look at the Haru trailer with Subs.
Not much to say. Her father is definitely being nicer, and I am wondering what it is she showed Joker and Morgana that related to her behavior, but not much else besides that. Interesting that her and Mishima interact though, as we haven't seen much party member and confidant interaction.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Decided to take a look at the Haru trailer with Subs.
Not much to say. Her father is definitely being nicer, and I am wondering what it is she showed Joker and Morgana that related to her behavior, but not much else besides that. Interesting that her and Mishima interact though, as we haven't seen much party member and confidant interaction.
Haru and Joker had winter clothes. So Okumura being there at all is probably related to her wish. I honestly expect that to be her and Morgana’s Show Time creation. Her riding on the bus to shoot shadows down doesn’t really sound like her at first glance.

amageish

Smash Master
Haru's trailer is good. I'm glad she's getting some more time in this game. I'll also be interested in seeing her and Kasumi interact, as they should have a decent amount in common. If Kasumi gets multiple showtimes, then I could see her and Haru doing some hardcore battle ballet together.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, I have been thinking about how Kasumi's moveset could differ again, and I have been wondering something. Would the grappling hook be worse or better if it brought you to your opponents rather than the other way around? I ask this because that is how it function in P5R, so I am thinking they may do that for Kasumi if she gets in.

Also, I am wondering how big the gameplay showcase on the 2nd is gonna be. I imagine that will be our next bit of Persona 5 R news. Could be wrong however, as the schedule for these trailers have been pretty close, so there may be something before then.

Edit:
Also...

A Kasumi figure was an eventuality, but it's still nice to know.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There’s gonna be a full livestream of P5R on August 2nd. Think something else may be hinted at there?

Wasn’t there another big P5R event in August too?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
There’s gonna be a full livestream of P5R on August 2nd. Think something else may be hinted at there?

Wasn’t there another big P5R event in August too?
Yes, there is going to be an important announcement for P5R on the 17th. No clue what it is though.

Also, found some great Kasumi art a bit ago.

Edit:
Well, it's about time. Morgana is coming.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just got around to looking at the trailer with subs. There are a few things that I am thinking about right now.
The first scene is clearly a different version of his return. Glad that there is more of a party for Joker's return, and I like the extra detail in his return.
It's very clear that Morgana confessed to Ann in that final scene. Glad to see that they will be using this, likely as a way to grow Morgana's character.
I am curious about the scene of Joker and Morgana talking. I am almost wondering if it is a hint at a team up attack with Morgana and Joker, but Joker has not gotten any yet.
I wonder if they’ll have one for Goro.
I am not sure. It's not too long until we get gameplay for the game, and they may not want to show character trailer afterwards.

Edit:
New P5R trailer is out, and a lot of s*** is happening. Don't have any subs yet though.

Edit 2:
Also Akechi trailer, which has some major implications.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Atlus dropped the latest trailer.
atlus in april: "royal will contain a few minor story adjustments"
atlus in august; "whoops, did we say minor?"

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
might be a double post but here's the most interesting line of the akechi trailer by far:

1564767505932.png

unlike the other thieves, akechi is 100% aware that the dream world reality isn't 'normal'

as this scene is in winter, it makes me believe even more strongly that akechi is only alive because of dream world shenanigans, and knows that he's meant to be dead in the real world

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The Weather Channel, Dropbox, and the National Hockey League are real things in the Persona-verse.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Palace creation? That would be amazing. Now Ryuji’s Burger King Palace can be a reality!
see we can hope this

but we all know it's actually just FE Fates' my castle mode making its terrible return

1564770901658.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
might be a double post but here's the most interesting line of the akechi trailer by far:

View attachment 233309

unlike the other thieves, akechi is 100% aware that the dream world reality isn't 'normal'

as this scene is in winter, it makes me believe even more strongly that akechi is only alive because of dream world shenanigans, and knows that he's meant to be dead in the real world
I have a bunch a thoughts I am cooking up for the trailers as a whole, but I just want to talk about this.
I agree with you on your interpretation.

He is separating himself from Jokers friends. Of course, that could be because he doesn't see himself as a friend of Joker(I imagine he would angst a lot about all of this), but the fact that we have not seen what he desires is a major red flag. Atlus has went as far as showing us Black Mask, whatever they are hiding here is big. The fact that is giving the decision exclusively to Joker(As well as one week to decide, as said in the previous text box) is also major.
there's also a new menu command called 'my palace'

View attachment 233316
From a lore perspective, this is ringing warning bells.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I wonder if Kasumi’s codename is hidden somewhere in the trailer.
unless kasumi's codename is something spoilerific like 'dreamer' (or to that effect) i'm not sure why they're hiding it at this point

maybe she doesn't even have a codename?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
unless kasumi's codename is something spoilerific like 'dreamer' (or to that effect) i'm not sure why they're hiding it at this point

maybe she doesn't even have a codename?
She had a magical girl transformation, I would be eternally shocked if she didn't have a codename.

D

Deleted member

She had a magical girl transformation, I would be eternally shocked if she didn't have a codename.
Yeah, she really had to have a codename at some point.

It isn’t pretty rare in the world of game development.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Say

you guys suppose that if they WERE to introduce a non-pass fighter at EVO, it would be Kasumi? She'd likely be a Joker echo (71ε) so it wouldn't interfere with numbering before Banjo and Pass Character 4 drop

also I need subs on both those new trailers STAT

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Say

you guys suppose that if they WERE to introduce a non-pass fighter at EVO, it would be Kasumi? She'd likely be a Joker echo (71ε) so it wouldn't interfere with numbering before Banjo and Pass Character 4 drop

i wouldn't count on it but i don't think it's impossible--we'd need a codename reveal first, however, which we probably won't get before the end of EVO

i'm more curious what that big P5R announcement in a week or two is

D

Deleted member

Say

An echo fighter pass would be totally awesome.

I even have decided on 5 characters for it already:

>Kasumi from Persona 5
>DQ Heroine (Female Erdrick with a Female Solo alt)
>Mach Rider/Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo)
>Blaze (Sonic echo)
>Funky Kong.

Top Bottom