• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Phantom Thief of Persona 5 The Royal - Kasumi Yoshizawa/"Jane"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
An echo fighter pass would be totally awesome.

I even have decided on 5 characters for it already:

>Kasumi from Persona 5
>DQ Heroine (Female Erdrick with a Female Solo alt)
>Mach Rider/Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo)
>Blaze (Sonic echo)
>Funky Kong.
I love Mach Rider, but I would not want hr to be a Falcon echo. I also feel the DQ Heroine would be harder to implement(Though Heroine is a pretty sick name). Not what I expected in regards to a Sonic echo, but it's a cool idea

For some reason, when it comes to possible echo's of future DLC characters, I always end up thinking about how the Marauder enemy from the new Doom game could totally be a Doomguy echo. They are specifically noted to have a conection to Doomguy, and it's not hard to see.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
can i also give a shoutout to how they subtly distinguish akechi's portraits pre- and post-shido in royal

1564774865126.png

it's only a subtle expression change but you can really see the difference between his detective persona (ha) and real personality

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Say

you guys suppose that if they WERE to introduce a non-pass fighter at EVO, it would be Kasumi? She'd likely be a Joker echo (71ε) so it wouldn't interfere with numbering before Banjo and Pass Character 4 drop

also I need subs on both those new trailers STAT
I’m not counting on it, but it isn’t out of the question.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, I can't make heads or tails of this trailer, even with subs. I just get way too overwhelmed. Doesn't help that events of today are currently posing a mighty distraction.

Anyone have something in the trailer that caught your eye? Perhaps something to talk about?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I can't make heads or tails of this trailer, even with subs. I just get way too overwhelmed. Doesn't help that events of today are currently posing a mighty distraction.

Anyone have something in the trailer that caught your eye? Perhaps something to talk about?
Well, first off let’s discuss that funky looking Sailor Moon transformation sequence, because chief, that ain’t normal.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
this looks like either a significant expansion to shido's palace or an all-new dungeon

1564776711530.png

the clean white ballroom aesthetic is honestly giving me cendrillon vibes

D

Deleted member

this looks like either a significant expansion to shido's palace or an all-new dungeon

It looks like a sweet and peaceful place to have reunions or meetings in.

I dig the decoration it has.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, first off let’s discuss that funky looking Sailor Moon transformation sequence, because chief, that ain’t normal.
I mean, was Futaba getting abducted by her Persona normal? I get what you mean, but aesthetics are aesthetics.

View attachment 233353

Thing is, the palace from the outside is certainly not a boat. What if it's the best hits of all the Palaces that have come before? A "pure" version of all the sins, so to speak.

D

Deleted member

I mean, was Futaba getting abducted by her Persona normal? I get what you mean, but aesthetics are aesthetics.

Thing is, the palace from the outside is certainly not a boat. What if it's the best hits of all the Palaces that have come before? A "pure" version of all the sins, so to speak.
I think that the palace is some kind of botanic garden rather than a boat.

And I like your idea of a Palace that could mix the biggest moments of past ones with some tweaks. It’s a pretty classic trope on RPGs that still feels cool to have.

D

Deleted member

Well then... that’s... shocking...
Hopefully this means that if they keep the release date they will take this time for some minor polish or even cool promotional stuff...

...Maybe Kasumi in Smash if we get lucky or even a release date of the game pushed for later this year?

D

Deleted member

What’s happening?
Either Rie refers to Kasumi in Smash or a release of P5R pushed to later this year instead of earlier next year.

I won’t get too excited yet doh, but let’s hope for the best.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
remember that she still needs a thief codename before a smash reveal is viable

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
maybe the 17th will be her codename reveal, it explains why she's gone without a codename until now

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Greninja wasn’t even revealed before his reveal in Smash I wouldn’t exactly say that she is out of the question until we get a name. I’m not counting on it, though.

D

Deleted member

maybe the 17th will be her codename reveal, it explains why she's gone without a codename until now
That... may actually be plausible if luck is in our side.

Right now, only time has a definitive word on this... and we can only wait for it to make the choice.

So for the moment we should just keep calm and don’t give up yet, because we may be at the endgame now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They could just reveal her name with the Smash reveal. I mean, that would definitely be a grand first impression.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Greninja wasn’t even revealed before his reveal in Smash I wouldn’t exactly say that she is out of the question until we get a name. I’m not counting on it, though.
X/Y released in october 2013, greninja was revealed in april 2014

D

Deleted member

They could just reveal her name with the Smash reveal. I mean, that would definitely be a grand first impression.
Honestly, I also hope that this could also lead to P5R getting released later this year instead of earlier in the next one.

I want to get into P5 already.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, I also hope that this could also lead to P5R getting released later this year instead of earlier in the next one.

I want to get into P5 already.
Not to be pessimistic or anything, but when has a game ever been given a closer release?

D

Deleted member

Not to be pessimistic or anything, but when has a game ever been given a closer release?
I remember it happening with either a Marvel or Crash Bandicoot game if I’m not mistaken.

But it definitely happened since I remember seeing something like that happening years ago.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I imagine Lavenza at the end is giving Joker his final Persona. It also alarms me that her gift apparently comes after he has said farewell to everyone. Is... Joker going to pull a Great Seal on everyone? Because I am getting that vibe.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I imagine Lavenza at the end is giving Joker his final Persona. It also alarms me that her gift apparently comes after he has said farewell to everyone. Is... Joker going to pull a Great Seal on everyone? Because I am getting that vibe.
oh God nooooooo ;A; I liked P4's less somber ending, and even the Golden epilogue was straight up a happy ending... I really hate the stigma against happy endings, and for Joker to die after THREE years with his friends, even if the third is supposedly a dream

Atlus

do you WANT to rip my heart out and stomp on it again like you did with P3??

alternatively Lavenza could be giving Goro his final Persona seeing as how he's really dead and can only exist in the dream world and once it goes, he goes too...maybe?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
oh God nooooooo ;A; I liked P4's less somber ending, and even the Golden epilogue was straight up a happy ending... I really hate the stigma against happy endings, and for Joker to die after THREE years with his friends, even if the third is supposedly a dream

Atlus

do you WANT to rip my heart out and stomp on it again like you did with P3??

alternatively Lavenza could be giving Goro his final Persona seeing as how he's really dead and can only exist in the dream world and once it goes, he goes too...maybe?
Maybe it's the Three Houses talking, but I wouldn't mind an ending that is a bit more bittersweet. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's fine taste if well handled.

Doubtful, as Akechi has never really gotten that sort of assistance.

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's the Three Houses talking, but I wouldn't mind an ending that is a bit more bittersweet. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's fine taste if well handled.

Doubtful, as Akechi has never really gotten that sort of assistance.
My idea would be to have both a good and bad ending.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Understandable as P3 has the bad ending where you kill Ryoji and everyone lives in ignorance of their impending doom, and P4 (specifically Golden) added a bad ending where you cooperate with the true killer to hide evidence and it's understood your friends are his next victims...

what would a P5 bad ending entail though?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's the beauty of the bittersweet ending, you get both at the same time. I don't doubt that there will be a purely bad endings(P5 had several), but I am starting to suspect that Joker may pull something dangerous.

Now that I think about it, Joker pulling a sacrifice would give a context of Kasumi screaming at someone to stop. Considering those lines were played when Joker was doing some risky moves(As well as Morgana yelling his name), I think it's safe to assume who she is yelling at.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's the beauty of the bittersweet ending, you get both at the same time. I don't doubt that there will be a purely bad endings(P5 had several), but I am starting to suspect that Joker may pull something dangerous.

Now that I think about it, Joker pulling a sacrifice would give a context of Kasumi screaming at someone to stop. Considering those lines were played when Joker was doing some risky moves(As well as Morgana yelling his name), I think it's safe to assume who she is yelling at.
...oh dang

OH DANG

SHE SOUNDED HEARTBROKEN TOO

I'm probably gonna be crying buckets at the new ending aren't I

D

Deleted member

...oh dang

OH DANG

SHE SOUNDED HEARTBROKEN TOO

I'm probably gonna be crying buckets at the new ending aren't I
I may cry even more since this will be the first time I play P5, XD.

Or at least I would cry if I was able to...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized.

Go to the 2:00 mark of the video under the assumption that Joker pulls a big sacrifice play. The lines said gain a frightening amount of context.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just realized.

Go to the 2:00 mark of the video under the assumption that Joker pulls a big sacrifice play. The lines said gain a frightening amount of context.
"You will do something that has never been done before, you will fix this world right?"

...no

nooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:crying:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
joker making the sacrifice play would mean leaving all the money for spinoff stories like arena on the table, unless they were to take the Q route of splicing it into the school year or just neutering the story entirely like P5D

so i'm not sure how likely it is

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
joker making the sacrifice play would mean leaving all the money for spinoff stories like arena at the table, unless they were to take the Q route of splicing it into the school year or just neutering the story entirely like P5D

so i'm not sure how likely it is
I mean, I think only P4 has really done spinoff's that take place after the game. I could easily see them sticking many of the spinoff's within the timeframe of the school year(Especially since we are getting more of it).

Top Bottom