• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new megaplex of samus videos!!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess so lol. Vanz won the first game with his Peach on FoD with one stock clutching the win after Chops was ahead. Chops got salty and brought it back to FoD and won. Then Vanz counterpicked to FD with his Jiggs. Chops won that with one stock. Then Vanz got salty and counterpicked back to FD but with his Icies. Chops proceeded to win that match by doing three times more inputs than his other matches because Icies is 2v1 LOL. It was hilarious to watch and it was recorded. You'll see lol.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
^^true

also i'm pretty sure there are plenty of videos that recently popped up (hugo videos)
like RoM 3 vids

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Im going to add a big update sometime next week. Im finishing finals this week. Feel free to send me videos in pm or on here Ill add them.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I just put up a great set a while ago

def worth watching, it's vs sheik

edit: err nvm lol i took it down because the quality is so bad. The set will go up again on silentwolf's channel in a couple of days

Slhoka

Smash Lord
No more Samus combo vids and tourney sets? :'(
You can watch a few european videos if you want.

It's a shame that the only european Samuses listed in the first post are Poilon (who isn't a Samus player) and porc (who stopped playing Samus a long time ago) while there are quite a few videos of Cyr and Eagle, who are arguably the two best Samus mains in Europe.

You can find videos of Eagle on the Danish smash community youtube channel.

As for videos of Cyr, the most recent are on the French Smash youtube channel, and a few more should arrive soon (first the grand finals of last week's tournament, then videos from the tournament next week).

On these channels, you can also find doubles videos of both of them, who are teaming with a Sheik main (Stelzig and me).

Some other European Samuses you may not know :
K-12 (Spain) : he was pretty good, but I haven't heard of him in a long time (the Spanish community is a bit secret).
Nemo (Spain) : apparently, he was a rising Samus player in 2009/2010. Haven't heard of him after that, but again, it might be because we don't hear much of the Spaniards.
Fauster Fayk (France) : he's not so good yet, and very inconsistent, but he can be really good sometimes, and he improving decently.
Also, Tilliboi/Till/Tea's Samus used to be well known in Germany, but quite a long time ago.

Other than those... I don't see many other notable Samus players in Europe... we never had many of them :(

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Woah, mind blown, I totally didn't see that porc called Samus an it as well.

A character in a video game that's represented as a female and is well known as a female. Although she is fictional, it makes more sense to refer to her as the gender role she plays. She's not a robot, so she's not an it.

Although I have no control over what you guys call her. Just voicing something that I considered strange and trying to make known that she's more of a she than an it.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying that it would make more sense if she was a robot and you were calling her an it instead of her being a human. I'm not saying that if she was a robot that you still shouldn't caller her a she, just that it would make more sense if you were calling her an it as a robot than as a female character.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
weird, I always thought metroid was a guy
A metroid is a parasitic lifeform and I don't think they are distinguished between male and female, but someone can correct me on that if they know their metroid lore.

Samus however is a female. But she wasn't always a female though:
"When we were almost done with the development of Metroid, one of our staffers casually suggested, ‘Why don't we make Samus Aran a female character to surprise the player?' Back then I thought it was a nice idea, but I couldn't foresee what a huge impact this would have on the future of the franchise." ~Yoshio Sakamoto

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell if that sarcasm went right over your head
but either way lol
Nah, I thought your post was a troll post, I guess I was right in that assumption? :p

Then I noticed that you said metroid instead of Samus. So I ran with it. :joyful:

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I didnt stop samus, i just dont play her in brackets, and i bet it would still kick eagle's samus *** ;)
MONEY MATCH?

I'm having a bit of a character crisis at the moment but I'm fairly sure I can still beat a dumb, generic Falco main's poor secondary.

DRGN

Technowizard
"When we were almost done with the development of Metroid, one of our staffers casually suggested, ‘Why don't we make Samus Aran a female character to surprise the player?' Back then I thought it was a nice idea, but I couldn't foresee what a huge impact this would have on the future of the franchise." ~Yoshio Sakamoto
Oh, that's interesting.

Turned into a big thing for female protagonists too. And of course did surprise a lot of people who played the game through. That guy had a good idea!

Top Bottom