• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mario Video Thread Achive

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Not bad Big-O, this is what I have to say:

at 3.00 when she missed her up-b, you could of flooded or cape for an early gimp :D

Work on your edge guarding and spacing.

Bout it :D

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I need to to get a capture card. :(

What kind should I get, guys? Dazzle seems like a popular choice. I just want something quick and relatively painless.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Added those myself, if that's okay with you Vato.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
I didnt really see anything wrong with ur mario in that video. Maybe you just need to work on spacing and what not.

Javon89

Smash Ace
I didnt really see anything wrong with ur mario in that video. Maybe you just need to work on spacing and what not.

Oh ok thanks.....

Oh yeah I saw that match between you and your sister, you guys have legit Mario Bros! I need to get better because you can easily see who is better between the two of us.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman

Veggi

Smash Champion
Big O, you're Mario is like a carbon copy of my Mario. o_O

Every time you charged FLUDD was in a situation I would and your approach game was almost identical to mine with the pivot fireballs and such.

@ Bo

Good job, I feel like I've seen that Kappy guy elsewhere. Also, Rhythm and Balance ftw.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Monk stumbled upon this while looking at winterfest matches.

Vs MVD (Winterfest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzIImCWsY

It's the second match. I honestly did better on the first, but at the same time, I did use Up-B at the edge of the blast zone that match. >_>

First Stock: I didn't see the mine planted.
Second Stock: I tripped.
Third Stock: Meh.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
Big O, you're Mario is like a carbon copy of my Mario. o_O

Every time you charged FLUDD was in a situation I would and your approach game was almost identical to mine with the pivot fireballs and such.
Lol wtf. Maybe I stalked you and copied your moves. ;D

Maybe its just a coincidence.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I don't see other Marios that play like that though. He was the first that played so much like I did, but I'm sure what you said is part of it.

Edit: After watching one of the videos again, Big-O edgecamps like Monk does, which I don't really do.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, pic is too good, had to make it into an avi...

Haha, I edgecamp a bit diferently...FF Uairs is too good

Matt07

Smash Master
I'd rather not risk camping on the stage, because I'll probably get punished for RCO lag.

Horribly.

And to add I suck at camping lol.

Thanks for the video references Bo, I realized I'm not so good against Snake's, and can learn quite a bit.

Hero: Uuh, I'd like to help you vs Snake, but...I suck vs him.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There's not really much to help with besides bettering my skills.

Hardest part for me against Snake is his stage control, which is why I favor FD when going against him (First match against MVD was pretty close. I lost because I SD'd). I pretty much have the knowledge, it's all about applying it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ignoring Wi-Fi Johns...

Match 1: Needs more zoning. Mario spent too much time spacing and thus not staying in Ike's range, where he has the advantage. Edgeguarding needs to be more aggressive too. Quick Draw is silly easy to gimp with the combination of FLUDD and Cape. Lastly, I only saw F-Smash being used as a kill move. U-Smash and D-Smash works too. Ike stayed alive for each stock quite long.

Match 2: This match is a better performance, but some problems in Match 1 carried over to here too. What I saw most is a lack of camping (then again, this Snake was more inyoface). Whenever you're ahead a stock but have a high amount of damage, you seriously have to camp to focus on racking as much damage as possible before you get KO'd. That way you still have a realistic advantage. I saw Mario get KO'd right as the opponent respawns too, which is bad. Ledgecamp if you have to.

Again, this is ignoring the uglyness of WiFi.

Matt07

Smash Master
Nevermind gotta convert the video just a second.

Uuuh, my internet sucks here, so it might take a while too process...:mad:!

Top Bottom