• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mario Video Thread Achive

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Appy for a Scholarship or stay and play brawl at a tourney with only 3 set ups and bad venue. hmmmm

also it's not my fault idiots don't like to bring there own set ups :p

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
XD it's cool. I would've left too but we drove 3 hours to get there.

But there could've been a setups list on the tourney page, but oh well.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
My Mario needs a lot of improvement. I'm going to a tourney tomorrow though. Hopefully I'll get some solid experience.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I felt Pierce was kinda sloppy against those Ikes, but he came through with good use of gimping at least.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I use F-smash for situational damage dealing against G&W. Sometimes when he's not at a KO percent, he forgets about Mario's F-smash, and I can land it, but if he's playing really conservatively and trying to avoid getting killed, it's not worth the risk or difficulty of application at all. I find it much more important to save U-smash until 110% against G&W due to how hard it is to hit him with F-smash in general.

Personally me, I don't think actively saving F-smash for kills is a good idea, since generally speaking, you have to mindgame in this attack either through clutch spacing with the deceptive range of the attack. It's Mario's most damaging attack at 18% up angled uncharged, so landing it whenever the opportunity presents itself is ALWAYS worth it. If your opponent survives it, just wait until they are in Up-smash KO range, and landing that hit from F-smash really can get your opponent to that kill percent much faster than any of Mario's other moves.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I never use Fsmash unless believe it'll kill them. Mario can't kill all that well in the first place, so staling his most powerful KO move only exacerbates that weakness.

The damage is nice, sure. I'd just rather not take the risk of them shielding or actually needing that fresh Fsmash later. If I have that much of a frame advantage that Fsmash is completely safe, then I'd just grab instead. Pummel + Bthrow is only 3% less dmg.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I sometimes use Fsmash at low percents, when I know it'll be fresh by the time it's in KO percents... but that's the use outside of killing.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_PbzDPQVio oct 09 Hippiedude (Mario) vs Rukkiko (Marth) 1/3 MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPquqy9b8I&feature=related Same, 3/3 MM (Went Luigi in Game 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bclsPf1IAuM&feature=related Hippiedude (Mario) vd Rukkiko (D3) Serious friendly (no i did not lose $10 LMFAO, mostly cuz gordos are dumb in this game also, l wanted this video to be put up because the use of Mario's upb in this game)

all from oct 09 i played so terrible lol.

oh and vato made me post this <3

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Wzzap dudz....ohhh, looks like i need to upload moar videos haha...well, i'll try to do that in a few days...ggs for everyone x9-

Top Bottom