• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Ryan-K

Smash Master
2000th post, braces are out, will make a brawl listing!!!

"Where would Christianity be if Jesus got eight to fifteen years, with time off for good behavior?" - Senator James George Donovan, New York

Ryan-K

Smash Master
BRAWL:
Patsie
Cold Spring Harbor
1) Game and Watch
2) Wario
3) DK
AIM: CreatedLegend
I assume you go to school in Nashville, and come home to LI for the summer?

Just wondering so I can put that in the player finder because the last thing you need is people asking you to go to an LI tourney when you're in nashville lol

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Which/what table tourney -.-

Also, Ryan, I go to school upstate, but im here for the summer. (Not sure if you want to add that or something, just felt it was some useful information)

Anyway, has anyone ever gone to the weekly friday tournament @ web2zone in NYC? Im planning on going this upcoming Friday, maybe I can see some fellow LI'ers there.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
snake isn't even that good lewl. People need to stop *****ing. There are worse things then large hit boxes. He can be chaingrabbed by quite a few characters plus he is easily spammed with projectiles.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
snake isn't even that good lewl. People need to stop *****ing. There are worse things then large hit boxes. He can be chaingrabbed by quite a few characters plus he is easily spammed with projectiles.
How is he not good lol.

He can kill from any distance, he is retardedly strong, his sliding usmash is ******** and makes him mobile, if he drops a grenade he cant be approached, he can grenade camp, he can control the stage, he doesnt die like ever, and most of his moves are fast as ****. He can still crawl under projectiles especially since he has the lowest and fastest crawl in the game. His ground game is so stupidly good that he doesnt even need his air game which is still good because his hitboxes and strength are still there. Getting chaingrabbed across smashville by ddd does less damage than 2 ftilt chains and his tilts are all pretty safe on block.

He can get chaingrabbed by pikachu, ddd, falco, and lucario kind of. He still ***** them relentlessly.

Stages were already set where have you been lol

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I saved a replay, played it, and took snapshots. I put them on my SD Card so i uploaded them on my computer and converted them to jpegs, put on photobucket, and walla.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I guess thats why snake is like always winning tournaments in like every state in the U.S. oh. wait.

You guys are like the biggest bunch of crybabies ever. In existance.

It's like, everyone still makes johns about the stupidest ****. It's a videogame folks, if you wanna be good be a good character(These characters are, TL, MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy, DK, Marth, Rob, GW, even lucario), but don't ***** about the good characters. If winning tournaments is all you really care about, go get a job, I promise you will get more out of life from the social work environment and being around woman.

The point I'm trying to say is, 3/4 of everyone who complains sucks at brawl and sucked at melee because they couldn't take the loses correctly(which will all remain Anon because I know most of you will have **** fits).

So here is a pro tip, when you lose, look at it as what I could have done differently or maybe there was a character better suited for the situation. Instead of oh such and such is broken/whatever. You don't even have to pay me for that hot tip, that one is free folks.

Also Hazz, Me and Reno wanna money match you and hbk lewllll you guyz are gonna get ***** in meleee

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Wow lol.

People are simply saying that Snake is top tier material, easily one of the best characters in the game. Therefore it would take much less skill on a player's part to win using Snake than it would with other characters as you go down the list.

As opposed to saying "WAAHH! My life is over now that Snake is too good."

lol

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I guess thats why snake is like always winning tournaments in like every state in the U.S. oh. wait.

You guys are like the biggest bunch of crybabies ever. In existance.

It's like, everyone still makes johns about the stupidest ****. It's a videogame folks, if you wanna be good be a good character(These characters are, TL, MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy, DK, Marth, Rob, GW, even lucario), but don't ***** about the good characters. If winning tournaments is all you really care about, go get a job, I promise you will get more out of life from the social work environment and being around woman.

The point I'm trying to say is, 3/4 of everyone who complains sucks at brawl and sucked at melee because they couldn't take the loses correctly(which will all remain Anon because I know most of you will have **** fits).

So here is a pro tip, when you lose, look at it as what I could have done differently or maybe there was a character better suited for the situation. Instead of oh such and such is broken/whatever. You don't even have to pay me for that hot tip, that one is free folks.

Also Hazz, Me and Reno wanna money match you and hbk lewllll you guyz are gonna get ***** in meleee
Where the hell did this come from? I just posted a bunch of pictures showing some stupid **** and you flip the **** out. How can you possibly compare lucario dk wario or rob to those other characters lol. I didn't say I lost to a snake. I was the snake, and I've beaten your snake before irl with wario. I didn't even imply snake was that good in my post, and you even said more than hitboxes makes a character. Now posting some screenshots from my sd card makes me a loser? wtf?

I guess jiggs is the best because mango wins all the time in melee. Just because there's 26 characters in melee doesn't make fox any easier to fight. I've learned to deal with fox in melee, that still doesn't make him any less gay, he doesn't magically become less broken when you get better.

OH WAIT. I don't care if you say I ***** when I lose because I do and I do alot but don't pretend you don't do that **** because you do it too and I'm pretty pissed how you can turn some dumb screenshots into a personal attack. I really hope this post isn't aimed towards me but it's really ****ed up IMO and I really don't wanna fight with you over some dumb **** :/.

MADHEX

Smash Apprentice
Wow lol.

People are simply saying that Snake is top tier material, easily one of the best characters in the game. Therefore it would take much less skill on a player's part to win using Snake than it would with other characters as you go down the list.

As opposed to saying "WAAHH! My life is over now that Snake is too good."

lol
that's not what i meant to say for every character you have to have some amount of skill to even though in brawl some characters are much easier than others.
whats all this about why is alex having a nervous break down over such a small comment about snake's hit box.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
that's not what i meant to say for every character you have to have some amount of skill to even though in brawl some characters are much easier than others.
whats all this about why is alex having a nervous break down over such a small comment about snake's hit box.
Quit life you just agreed with what I said while trying to correct me.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
50 per teammate cash only. Reno is gna choke so that makes us automatically win...our friend cnt handle pressure.

alex I might stop by...not sure

And as for brawl...i kinda like fighting snake. But then i used to love fighting fox in melee. The best characters are always fun to fight against

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I'm going :). I just hope the rule set is good... Stages are to be determined right now :(
And hopefully I'll be dealing with that so everybody can agree with how the tournament is run. I already have down which stages are allowed AND banned. So there should be no whining about stages or characters.

REMINDER: NOBODY BRING THERE WIIS OR BRAWL DISCS THEY WONT ALLOW YOU TO USE THEM BECAUSE OF THERE POLICY. - Just wanted everybody to know. So, yet again, nobody complains about something they shouldn't have done lol.

Top Bottom