• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
This game doesnt really require skill, just a brain. It isn't melee. Darksun I'll call you later today after I get my haircut so I can look fresh lewl.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Ummm...there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with saying my friend is good. He IS good. Also we don't have to win a tournament to validate ourselves. We're good. End of story. Also...yes, you do come off mean telling someone they can't claim to be good. It's all opinion. I didn't say "amazing" either, which you quoted too. Good is pretty vague...are you better than him? Maybe...that doesn't change the fact that he's good.

I could see your comments being valid if I was saying he was better than everyone or the best player ever but I said nothing of the sort. I wasn't even bragging or anything either. I would agree with you guys if I was talking **** but I wasn't. I was just stating my view of his skills, which, regardless of YOUR skills, doesn't change that he has some.

Can we just get along now?

Now for something that actually MATTERS....

How many people would come to Islip to play a tournament in my living room. I have only 1 TV for now but if people could bring 1-2 more setups, we could easily do a 20 person tourny with singles doubles and some casual cash games for a day.

Pretty much. I'm looking for a list of "would-comes" then I'll flesh out details if at least 15 people were down for it.

Im down for a tourny..espcially one i dont have to travel into thecity for :)

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Me and Al could probably do Islip, if we have at least a week's notice; and I bet Ryan can get out here too to represent the old crew.

Team DeDeDe/Lucario ftw.

GloWyrm

Smash Rookie
It would most likely me mid May, around 3 weeks from now...but it would be cool if a few more people could confirm if it was possible for them to make it before I think about anymore details.

Counting me and my friends I think we're up to like 8 people total. At least another 2-4 people would be cool.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
It would most likely me mid May, around 3 weeks from now...but it would be cool if a few more people could confirm if it was possible for them to make it before I think about anymore details.

Counting me and my friends I think we're up to like 8 people total. At least another 2-4 people would be cool.
I might be able to bring some peeps with me. Maybe 2-3

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Darkest, you can't come.

You freeze the game every time we play online. I can only assume you do the same in person (except when I win at Al's house =p)

BUM163

Smash Lord
ighttt new announcement as to wednesday and thursday. this is wat i'm goin for. instead of brawl being wendesday and thursday, i wanna cater to all. i want it to be afterschool/work special wit games as brawl, melee, street fighter 3rd strike, tekken 5 and ya get the picture.. thatz an example as to wat i wanna do. i wanna be able 2 attract all types of customers and show them the gaming community is big. the place is web2zone and i work from 6pm to 10pm, but i will go like at 3 cause i know people rather go earlier. if u need to know directions or train 2 get there, message me on aim which is oni163 or i can give u the number to the store.

BUM163

Smash Lord
the address is 54 cooper square newyork, newyork zipcode is 10003 usa. number to contact me in store is 1 212 614 7300.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'd play anywhere on LI. Infact, I plan on hosting my own tourney in my basement eventually. I live in suffolk, would anyone actually go to it?

Message me if you ever want to play.

Boxob

Smash Champion

Me and my friend would go to this. Message me when you get an official date?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I'd play anywhere on LI. Infact, I plan on hosting my own tourney in my basement eventually. I live in suffolk, would anyone actually go to it?

Message me if you ever want to play.
Depends where in suffolk, what town? The hamptons and **** count as suffolk too so it's a pretty wide range lol.

If you don't wanna say that then just say what town you're close to or what part of the island you are on geographically.

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, DMON returning to the smash scene
Hit me up on aim to play : Ssjmysticsaiyan

< - - brawl FC

**edit** i remember now, everyone complains about me and my away messages, so if im not there leave your brawl FC and i'll add you the next time i go online.

the_exSOLDIER87

Smash Rookie
hey hey imma play some brawl over teh summer so u guys better get some crap together cuz i havnt played smash in about....to long lulz hit me up on aim if u wanna play laggy online

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody it's been a while, haven't been paying much attention to the smash scene around. But I do know of a new place that's gonna be holding smash tournaments.. It's a place like parallax (if anybody remembers going there). They barely have that many TVs but the place is run more organized that plx. They don't really know much about posting smash tournaments and all but this is there site - http://www.thegametableonline.com/ - They have directions and everything.. There first tournament starts June 16th. So I'm hoping some of you will sign up it's only $5 lol. They only have 6 or 7 people signed up.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Well a few other veteran LI smashers and myself plan on checking this place out in the coming weeks so we can maybe negotiate something, maybe like a biweekly tourney or w/e. We will also have to look at space, time, costs, places to get food, contacting them, hours, flexibility, etc.

Don't worry though we'll keep you updated and if we figure something out you will be the first to know.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Well, it should be easy enough to get to if it's in Mineola like Parallax was.

Keep us posted...and Ryan...you, Al and myself need to set up a Brawl day soon.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163.

anonymous_joe

Smash Apprentice
Yo whats up, long time no post I've decided I missed smash, not the game as much as the people so i've decided to play brawl so uhh yeah, new lan center I say we check it out sometime and make LI the scene it once was

Top Bottom