• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
YO WTF GET HYPED

Anyway I decided I want to start playing this game for serious. So I picked up Ike, Peach, and ZSS. I'm open to play anytime and I will gladly steal money from you people. Do it up and drop me a line on AIM. Don't be scurred I suck.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
YO WTF GET HYPED

Anyway I decided I want to start playing this game for serious. So I picked up Ike, Peach, and ZSS. I'm open to play anytime and I will gladly steal money from you people. Do it up and drop me a line on AIM. Don't be scurred I suck.
Wow, a good Peach player who picked up Peach in Brawl? I'm shocked! lol Unless you're kidding? XD I hardly see any good Peach main's pick her up that's why, cause they all hate her in this game.

BUM163

Smash Lord
hey wassup this is bum. we are throwin weeklys fridays in case if any of you guys didn't know. be there by 5 if possible. i'm also doing crew battles soon and if you have any info to ask, message me on aim which is oni163 or pm me here.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
YO WTF GET HYPED

It's true, folks...he sucks.

We gotta bring back team RASH for some crew battles.

Ereki

Smash Cadet
Whoa, were any of you guys at I-Con? I was part of the staff there; I should've discovered this thread before then.

If anyone cares, if you were at the Smash tourney for I-Con, I was the dude who had troubles setting up Station 4 on Saturday..and the dude who owned that Ice Climbers before dying to some scrub Ike. xP [Mon]

At Any rate.

Main: Sonic
AIM: Aerieyn

Ereki

Smash Cadet
I know a couple people that went.

WTF is wrong with you guys and forcing wiimote controls on the players?
Hey, don't look at me. I was actually against the WiiMote rule only as well, I tried asking the committee if there was any exception, but there was only one for the guy who only had one finger on his right hand.

Ereki

Smash Cadet
To fantomkitsune: Well, I'm not exactly sure as to which it was, but he was the only one permitted. He went by the tag Mr. F [I think] in Station 4, so if I'm wrong, I apologize.

to superryan: I never said I was into I-Con. It was a free entry just to play games and get away from the parental unit, so, I figured I may as well do it.

GloWyrm

Smash Rookie
Name; Location; Main Character(s); How to contact

GloWyrm(Johnathan); Islip Terrace / South Shore / Suffolk County; Samus/Wario; AIM: ineffigyofyou / email: deadbluesky@gmail.com

I'm lookin for tournies on the island lets get some going! I have a very good friend of mine that would come also who is also a very good brawl player (Pit).

WOW I never heard of forcing people to use wiimotes....that is extremely lame!

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
To fantomkitsune: Well, I'm not exactly sure as to which it was, but he was the only one permitted. He went by the tag Mr. F [I think] in Station 4, so if I'm wrong, I apologize.

to superryan: I never said I was into I-Con. It was a free entry just to play games and get away from the parental unit, so, I figured I may as well do it.
His friends call him Ferg (It's short for his last name), and tbqh, I really doubt there were multiple players with one hand.

"I have a very good friend of mine that would come also who is also a very good brawl player (Pit)."

You might want to watch claims like that on this website...everyone thinks they're good when they're the best in their group of friends...claim that once you win a tournament in the area or something.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Snakes utilt spiked me on battlefield once. I was recovering with wario and it hit me below the edge and stage spiked me it was mad dumb.

Also not to be mean, but people generally get bad impressions of you when you say "I/ a friend of mine is amazing" and you are new. Just a word of thumb for newbies here.

BUM163

Smash Lord
hey wasssup people this is bum. there are ny weeklys every friday and if u wanna come and don't know directions, pm or message me on aim/oni163.

GloWyrm

Smash Rookie
Ummm...there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with saying my friend is good. He IS good. Also we don't have to win a tournament to validate ourselves. We're good. End of story. Also...yes, you do come off mean telling someone they can't claim to be good. It's all opinion. I didn't say "amazing" either, which you quoted too. Good is pretty vague...are you better than him? Maybe...that doesn't change the fact that he's good.

I could see your comments being valid if I was saying he was better than everyone or the best player ever but I said nothing of the sort. I wasn't even bragging or anything either. I would agree with you guys if I was talking **** but I wasn't. I was just stating my view of his skills, which, regardless of YOUR skills, doesn't change that he has some.

Can we just get along now?

Now for something that actually MATTERS....

How many people would come to Islip to play a tournament in my living room. I have only 1 TV for now but if people could bring 1-2 more setups, we could easily do a 20 person tourny with singles doubles and some casual cash games for a day.

Pretty much. I'm looking for a list of "would-comes" then I'll flesh out details if at least 15 people were down for it.

Top Bottom