• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
We're all gonna eventually play Wolverine/Wesker/Phoenix so might as well skip the bull****...
Mags is better than all 3 of those characters, but he's also one of the hardest characters to use. However, why work when you can scrub it up with the three aforementioned characters in your post?

I agree with you on that, but that will only apply to scrub to mid level players because they are gonna take the easy way out.

The best players will always be the ones who actually delve deep into this game.

Oh, and btw.... I'll still use She-Hulk, Doom, Viper, Zero, and Iron Man.

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
Zero/Dante/Wesker

I pick my characters based on who I like AND how good they are ;] </shamelesstier*****>

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Mags is better than all 3 of those characters, but he's also one of the hardest characters to use. However, why work when you can scrub it up with the three aforementioned characters in your post?

I agree with you on that, but that will only apply to scrub to mid level players because they are gonna take the easy way out.

The best players will always be the ones who actually delve deep into this game.

I use wolvie because he's my favorite character in the fighting game series. I use mag to because I was a beast with him last game and to show off my tech skill from mvc2
Dtor got back into it

OverLade

Smash Hero

Imo practical skill is more important that skill at a saturation point in a game like Marvel. Same goes for Smash and it's something a lot of people don't take into consideration when choosing their characters.

Im buying the game next week after exams so hopefully then I'll stop dropping combos :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Zero/Spidey/Iron Man

Bcuz personally I dont give a ****

:sonic:

Although Spidey is terrible

and Iron Man is kinda gay

& I dont have the game so it Pisses me off that Zero is considered a character with an easy learning curve since he is my favorite

Leh Sigh

O & we wreck in MARVEL up here

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Ay yo GreenWesker, I didn't see you at Calm Before the Storm. Where were you?

I guess I play Marvel more than you do.

Also, if anyone says Iron Man is good in MvC3, yall need to just quit.

AfroQT

Smash Master

hes better then he was in MvC2 for sure lol.
Actually im not sure how i feel about that, so what i will say is that Iron Man definitely isn't bad.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Actually im not sure how i feel about that, so what i will say is that Iron Man definitely isn't bad.
Rofl are you serious? Iron man was being argued by j360, my bro, combofiend and a couple other mvc2 players to be god tier for the next mvc2 update. Iron man in mvc2 is cheap he's always been top tier in every game he was in he would have made good tier if mvc3 didn't come out
Mitsu japanese Mvc2 ironman player beat jwong. J360 was the first to perfect jwong in tourney because iron mans broke and he made a never give up come back on jwong in a mm. Iron man is good in mvc3 but he got nerfef hardcore in that game. In mvc2 if ironman catches you in the air your not hitting the ground

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl are you serious? Iron man was being argued by j360, my bro, combofiend and a couple other mvc2 players to be god tier for the next mvc2 update. Iron man in mvc2 is cheap he's always been top tier in every game he was in he would have made good tier if mvc3 didn't come out
Mitsu japanese Mvc2 ironman player beat jwong. J360 was the first to perfect jwong in tourney because iron mans broke and he made a never give up come back on jwong in a mm. Iron man is good in mvc3 but he got nerfef hardcore in that game. In mvc2 if ironman catches you in the air your not hitting the ground
So you're saying it took 10 years for him to get God Tier? And when did these events you speak of happen? 5 years ago? Hes definitely not God Tier, he isn't capable of what the other characters are capable of on a consistent basis. he's literally ONLY viable because of the infinite, and his assist is pretty good. Once you learn to respect that ***** in the air, hes not as good as you think. Hes definitely really good, im not saying hes bad, but hes definitely not one of the gods. Or maybe he is a god that isnt that good until he hits you then hes a god lol whatever you wanna think.

I know the J360 match is more recent, but the mitsu vs Jwong is old as hell.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
So you're saying it took 10 years for him to get God Tier? And when did these events you speak of happen? 5 years ago? Hes definitely not God Tier, he isn't capable of what the other characters are capable of on a consistent basis. he's literally ONLY viable because of the infinite, and his assist is pretty good. Once you learn to respect that ***** in the air, hes not as good as you think. Hes definitely really good, im not saying hes bad, but hes definitely not one of the gods.
No one used him or knew what he was capable of until josh 360 took his abilitys to the limit. Yea his infinite is good but obviously you havnt been looking at the metagame the past few years. He has the easiest guard break, his launcher can be used as a counter off block because its 1frame he can combo into his proton cannon (which is super powerful) with or without infinites it also can be use as a counter for over heads and you can use it as a unblockable just like sents low heavy. His crossup game is amazing. He beats magneto and slightly in his favor against sent. its slightly in storms favor against him because she can run but iron man shur downs her supers and he has a good chance to catching her in the air. He dose get ***** by cable though. he's better then you think trust me I used to play j360 all the time on xbl and my bro is a very good ironman player. Dony believe me ethier play him or ask any cfl ppl that seen us play
afro you play mvc2?
He's not going to get god because 1 not many play him because his tech skill an 2 there not going to update the list anymore

AfroQT

Smash Master
No one used him or knew what he was capable of until josh 360 took his abilitys to the limit. Yea his infinite is good but obviously you havnt been looking at the metagame the past few years. He has the easiest guard break, his launcher can be used as a counter off block because its 1frame he can combo into his proton cannon (which is super powerful) with or without infinites it also can be use as a counter for over heads and you can use it as a unblockable just like sents low heavy. His crossup game is amazing. He beats magneto and slightly in his favor against sent. its slightly in storms favor against him because she can run but iron man shur downs her supers and he has a good chance to catching her in the air. He dose get ***** by cable though. he's better then you think trust me I used to play j360 all the time on xbl and my bro is a very good ironman player. Dony believe me ethier play him or ask any cfl ppl that seen us play

Okay you win i don't really care that much all i know is Iron Man in MvC3 isnt bad. He's just not easy.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Okay you win i don't really care that much all i know is Iron Man in MvC3 isnt bad. He's just not easy.
I agree with you on that. I think he's really good even though he was nerfed but I know before d-torr didn't think so but idk what he thinks now.

Back in mvc2 though everyone thought dahlsim was bad like low tier bad until murmako (I think that's how you spell it) and magnetro started beating the **** outya ppl with him lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm thinking bout switching from Zero/Spidey/Iron 2 Zero/Wesker/Tron

But I dont have the game so I'm not sure :urg:

GreenAce

Smash Ace

I didn`t have any money.

And what makes iron man bad in mvc3? He has a great assist, amazing damage output, a stupid level 3, good health, an air dash, and it's ****ing tony starks. c'mon son he's amazing.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Iron Man is top seven in MvC2 iirc.

Regarding MvC2, do you think he's in the same class as Phoenix/Mags/Wesker/Dante/Tron/Wolverine/Taskmaster?

I certainly do not.

Mags is not easy either, but it's clear he's at least top 3.

I agree with you on that. I think he's really good even though he was nerfed but I know before d-torr didn't think so but idk what he thinks now.

Back in mvc2 though everyone thought dahlsim was bad like low tier bad until murmako (I think that's how you spell it) and magnetro started beating the **** outya ppl with him lol.

Iron Man isn't bad, but there's a lot of characters better than him, whether it be as point, assist, or just from an overall standpoint.

Also, Dhalsim has fly. I'm scared of anyone with fly in MvC2.

I'm thinking bout switching from Zero/Spidey/Iron 2 Zero/Wesker/Tron

But I dont have the game so I'm not sure :urg:

Smart man.

While I do pick characters based on if I actually like the character or not, I tell everyone to just pick good characters because if your not gonna "embrace the gay," you're gonna have a rough time with this game.

Ididn`t have any money.
Super :(

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
And what makes iron man bad in mvc3? He has a great assist, amazing damage output, a stupid level 3, good health, an air dash, and it's ****ing tony starks. c'mon son he's amazing.
Thor has a good assist, even better damage output, DHC Glitch, the best health, same 8-way airdash, and he's a ****ing god.

Mags, Phoenix, and Wesker still laugh at him when he's picked.

Iron Man's options are very limited. His unibeam is a poor beam projectile due to slow startup, even on light unibeam. He's very linear in terms of combos. His approach is predictable, either tri-jump medium or forward airdash/down heavy.

He's a great assist character, but is really limited on point. If the opponent knows how to block, then he's not getting in. How about using assists to get him in? Well you could say that about every aggro character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom