• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i played seriously for the record...im not sure if it will help him at all but ryo's win against me should count

gallax

Smash Hero
Thanks jeff and nick, means a lot that you back me up.

I cant believe that people are really able to sit there and believe that this tourney should count even without an entry fee. How can you guys knowingly sit there and be fine with that? No entry fee should mean there should be no weight on the tourney results! Everyone knowingly entered the tourney knowing it wouldnt count(even ryo, yes he did) and that players were at a disadvantage, and everyone knew that the results wouldnt count. I feel so taken advantage of right now its upsetting.

@ halberd-Every tourney that you are referring to that you enter has a common factor, which is that you paid money to enter. Every single one had an entry fee. It counts becuase of that sole reason. You had money on the line to lose.

OURS DID NOT HAVE AN ENTRY FEE AND THEREFORE DID NOT HAVE MONEY TO LOSE. Results are void.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol you had to pay money to enter otronicon to enter the tourney. unless you snuck in, you could not literally walk into the science center and enter this tourney. i dont understand how anyone else doesnt see this logic. you can say that the tourney shouldnt count, but if your main logic reason is because it was free, you gonna have to get that weak **** outta here brah

2nLio

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure Ryo traveled 2 hours with the sole purpose of entering/not sandbagging/paying for that tourney. Doubt he wouldve traveled that far to go play for "fun"

gallax

Smash Hero
No gdx, it was free to enter the tourney and it cost money to enter the con. Two totally different things. It actually was free to enter the con if you brought setups. You good sir need to realize that. The money you paid to get into the con went into the entire con convention, which included costs of renting the place as well as food, hosting more than one tournament(more like 8ish tournaments) as well as paying for employees and etc... if you you want to get specific gdx. Money spent was solely for the con. No matter what, the payouts were independent(meaning does not depend on just in case you dont know) of the amount of people who entered. No money was spent directly towards entering the singles tourney. And it frustrates me that you even imply anything but that keith kelly(gdx) because countless times you have told me, in person, that the money spent was meant for the con and not for the tournament. I should have enjoyed the con because i paid for it. Do you retract your statement that i paid for the con and not for the tourney now? You've said to me, and many others, that my horrible experience at the con tourney should not be extended to the con because i paid for the con and the paid to be at the entire con convention. Now you are saying that i paid for the the tournament. Which one is it gdx. Did i pay for the convention or for the con?

@lio= i picked up 4 different people, spending 2 hours also driving for the intention of entering and paying to enter a legit tourney. my opinion counts as much as ryos. I picked up radix, caps, mink and hrnut. All living aways from each other that i spent 2 hours driving to get them.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This is totally opinionated. Another opinion: Winning the PR set should be incentive enough to take it as seriously as possible. Proving that you beat a random for proof is your goal. Not to win money.
Another opinion: PRs

gallax

Smash Hero
Another opinion: PRs
False. People get on the Pr's by beating pr's, which is based on fact of people beating people)who are on the prs at that time). There is evidence which proves that people are better than others who are on the pr's. PR's are not opinionated due to this fact.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
False. People get on the Pr's by beating pr's, which is based on fact of people beating people)who are on the prs at that time). There is evidence which proves that people are better than others who are on the pr's. PR's are not opinionated due to this fact.
The basis in the evidence is opinionated. The weight someone gets from beating certain people is opinionated, therefore the result is opinionated.

gallax

Smash Hero
As far as i can see no one can refute the fact that otronicon's results shouldnt matter due to the simple fact that there was no entry fee. I did not pay cecil to enter. Simple as that. If anyone can refute why these results should count with evidence as to why tournaments without an entry fee should matter then please do. As of now, no one has given considerable evidence and logic as to why this tournament without an entry fee should matter.

Something to remember: I can play a 100% serious friendly with someone without money on the line.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
As far as i can see no one can refute the fact that otronicon's results shouldnt matter due to the simple fact that there was no entry fee. I did not pay cecil to enter. Simple as that. If anyone can refute why these results should count with evidence as to why tournaments without an entry fee should matter then please do. As of now, no one has given considerable evidence and logic as to why this tournament without an entry fee should matter.

Something to remember: I can play a 100% serious friendly with someone without money on the line.
Pound 5 and Winterfest didn't have payouts. It's like the same thing.

You shouldn't switch around your argument if you're trying to seriously prove a point.

gallax

Smash Hero
Im not switching arguments at all. You are refusing to accept that the results shouldnt count based on what ive said. What ive said is two things.

1) We agree to play by different rules after agreeing the results wouldnt matter just in case there was confusion.

2) No entry fee for the con automatically meant no importance of the results.

If you are accepting the results because there is a prize for winning and that is the only thing that matters for results, regardless of entry fees, then it now sets the precedent that anything could be used for the PRS.

Example: I play hrnut for a plaate of $10 spaghetti. I win. Now i get Pr points because i wona plate of spaghetti? You may say this is different than winning money, but i say thats opinion. I would have spent the money on spaghetti no matter what and money is that same as food for me. SHould these results count? I would think not.

SO lets say i host a free tourney where the winner gets a loaf of bread. Fo the results count now?

What if i host a free toureny where the winner gets a pice of thread that costs 50 cents, does that count too?

By your logic all results of the above count. Are you really wanting to accpept that? Do you really think that results without an entry fee should count?

gallax

Smash Hero
Also now lets say i host a free tournament where the winner of the singles event only gets 25 cents but no entry fee to enter anything, should that count?

Also, there is a $2 door fee(to pay for electricity) to enter my place and play smash. Same as otronicon. Does that change anything?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I think that tourneys with no entry fee should count if money is on the line as a prise. There are tourneys that get sponsors to pay for the venue and prises the only reason to post a fee to a tourney like that would be for personal reasons or gain.

If there is a monetary prise people are playing for cash.
you dont need a entry fee to have a cash prise.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You paid for the convention which gave you the opportunity to enter the free tournament

If you hadn't paid for the convention, theoritically you could not enter the tourney as well. getting in free because you brought a setup doesnt change that general fact for the other 98% of the attendees. (and really that didnt work out cause the ones who got in "free" ended up getting kicked out cause they got snuck in under false pretenses anyway)

point being is that in order to participate in this tourney, it was not free. people had to pay money to someone in order to enter. Every smasher there, who paid for the convention for the SOLE PURPOSE of going to the tournament, can treat it as a door fee to enter the tourney without an actual fee to enter singles. Just because a group of regular smashers decided to sandbag does not mean the entire tournament shouldnt count (ie, holy smash where like 20 people decided to get drunk). Unless every singles smasher agreed to it, then its pointless to argue honestly. Mero wouldnt care, ryo thinks it shouldve counted, and i also think it shouldve counted

In that case, from now on, every tourney where a group of regular smashers decide to sandbag and not count a tourney...it shouldnt count. just that simple right? it doesnt matter if money was paid in order to have access to the tourney, apparently. I say me and 3 other people sandbag at WATO and it wont count for any PRs, while even 1-2 others are trying and they win? too bad we decided it didnt count. Im not gonna go to a tourney pay a door fee for a tourney that doesnt ****ING count, are you kidding me?

as far as this being free thing, im pretty sure i gave someone 5 dollars for entry to the tourney for singles, aside from my convention door fee. otherwise i got jipped and someone owes me 5 dollars.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
and if every smasher agrees that it doesnt count for PRs mike, then it doesnt count. otherwise, your little miniscule examples of really small payouts like bread or a quarter should count if not every smasher is in agreement of wins/losses counting

every smasher did not agree that it didnt count, so that squashes the entire argument. not sure what else you can even say to that. pretty much saying majority rules in regards to when tourneys count if EVERYONE doesnt agree.

gallax

Smash Hero
From now on im hosting tourneys with a 2$ door fee and a prize money for first plcae of $10 every weekend. Results counts. Free to enter the tourney. Btw if im on the PR im letting everyone in CFL have a win over me. Lets see how this goes.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I said 25 cents is the incentive to wni now. Its money. It shouldnt count? It shoudl by ur logic. Im sponsoring the prize.
if even 1 smasher believes it should count, then damn straight it should count

if every single smasher in the tournament says it shouldnt count, then it shouldnt count

just.that.simple.

gallax

Smash Hero
Everyone thought the results wouldnt matter. Even hrnut agreed that he thought everyone was in agreement. SO did jeff and mink. Caps also agree when i talked to him on the phone as wel as sax and kuro. If you had an alterior motive or just plain didnt speak up well then thats ur fault.

And yes viper, without an entry fee the results should not count.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Everyone thought the results wouldnt matter. Even hrnut agreed that he thought everyone was in agreement. SO did jeff and mink. Caps also agree when i talked to him on the phone as wel as sax and kuro. If you had an alterior motive or just plain didnt speak up well then thats ur fault.

Did RYO AGREE THO? If he didn't THIS TOURNEY NEEDS TO COUNT END OF DISCUSSION LIKE HOLY CRAP.

gallax

Smash Hero
Ryo did not say otherwise while we all said it out load and to everyone results didnt matter. He should have said something then. He didnt. His fault for now speaking up instead of then.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the problem is that mike doesnt want to take his loss to ryo for whatever reasons because he sandbagged and now it may end up costing him a PR spot. I dont understand how anyone can argue about a tournament counting when people in the tourney believed it did, and acted accordingly. just because a group of 5 believed it shouldnt, doesnt mean the other 36 entrants didnt think it should.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR

i dont agree with you in the least bit. and i read your posts and i dont agree with you. thats the way it is and for the players that tried and came out to compete for the sake of competition and pride. I hope the results count.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
the problem is that mike doesnt want to take his loss to ryo for whatever reasons because he sandbagged and now it may end up costing him a PR spot. I dont understand how anyone can argue about a tournament counting when people in the tourney believed it did, and acted accordingly. just because a group of 5 believed it shouldnt, doesnt mean the other 36 entrants didnt think it should.

Exactly, you messed around Gallax and you may not be on the PR because of it. Tuff ****. Don't **** around next time.

gallax

Smash Hero
Im upset that a player is tryiing to take advantage of me as well as others. He beat everyone there knowing that they didnt take it seriously and all were under the assumption that results didnt counta and now expects to use those results for the PR's and fully taking advantage of EVERYONE. Maybe you were the exception gdx cuz you hate me and are trying to argue against me.

But i gues it dosent matter since now everyone agrees that tournaments without entry fees count now. So now im gonna aruge that Pr mm's should count without money on the line.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I CAN PERSONALLY SAY I NEVER AGREED TO THIS TOURNAMENT NOT COUNTING WHILE I WAS THERE. I PLAYED DIDDY THE ENTIRE TIME, AND IF YOU WERE GOING TO SANDBAG AGAINST ME THEN O WELL YOU WOULD'VE TAKEN YOUR LOSS

the fact that 1 single solitary smasher thought it counted while a small group of people didnt think it should (mind you this small group wasnt even close to half of a majority. tourney had 41 entrants), is reason enough that it should count. CPR had literally 12 people? i could say me gary and jazz sandbagged the entire tourney so it shouldnt count. and because we decided this, it shouldn't? when the others in the tourney thought it did? and wins against anyone didnt count? that would be very unfair to dtorr and sax because they were under the assumption that the point of a tournament is to compete, and if someone wants to travel just to sandbag you that isnt your problem and they should take their loss

gallax

Smash Hero

Exactly, you messed around Gallax and you may not be on the PR because of it. Tuff ****. Don't **** around next time.
Im not the only one who lost btw. Others lost and im just not gonna say who. But rest assured that im not loking out for myself. Im lookinf out for all of cfl excluding gdx and those who didnt come.. He just plain doesnt like me and wants to bring me down so he can get whatever he wants with wins and losses.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Im not the only one who lost btw. Others lost and im just not gonna say who. But rest assured that im not loking out for myself. Im lookinf out for all of cfl excluding gdx and those who didnt come.. He just plain doesnt like me and wants to bring me down so he can get whatever he wants with wins and losses.

Whatever its they're fault for messing around too and they need to accept their losses. This tourney has to count for. We even have GDX saying he didnt agree with you guys.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
and i got nothing against you as a person, mike, just as a smasher. As a smasher, your logic is skewed on this one. you can argue all you want about PR matches should be free, but thats slightly different only in the aspect that theres no prize at all. Non entry fee tourneys still at least had a payout.

i personally dont care about arguing over that point, but im just letting you know what type of counter points youre going to run into

Any tourney with a payout to placing that even 1 smasher in the tourney believes it should count for rankings HAS to count towards rankings. only if every single entrant decides it doesnt count will it then not count. Deal with it

LOL MIKE YOU SCRUB! There is absolutely positively 0% chance i will be on the PR with the inclusion of the wins/losses of the otronicon tournament. Even if i beat everyone there with my hands behind my back, i wouldnt be on the PR because of the same issue you seem to have...sandbagging in tourney and hoping it doesnt count against you. I have personally nothing to gain/lose in regards to rankings, i said that in my very first post

gallax

Smash Hero
the fact that 1 single solitary smasher thought it counted while a small group of people didnt think it should (
Wrong. Everyone but ryo, and now you it seems, agreed for it not to count that actually won an "important" match. Not just one person. Stop exaggerating by saying onyl 1 person agreed. It was literally all of us, sace you and ryo it seems who are trying to take advantage simply because you dont like me and ryo wants to gain an advantage now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i actually only have more to lose cause i lost to ryo at otronicon in losers finals when i was trying my *** off. mainly cause i didnt want to get 3rd and get stuck with play n trade gift card, but i was still trying

you and a small other group of CFL decided it didnt count

what if some new smasher came to this tourney and ***** everyone? literally everyone? he thought it counted. He should get credit for every win he got even if you guys decided to sandbag against him

From now on, i hereby declare that if mike's logic is correct, every person that has ever beaten me when i was sandbagging, that it did not count. Dont care what everyone else in the tourney thought, dont care about payouts. If you are considered not as good as i am, i was automatically sandbagging you, and if you beat me it shouldnt count. Sorry to waste your time.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Gallax, I dont understand even IF Ryo agreed which he didn't we have GDX RIGHT HERE saying he didn't so this tourney WILL BE COUNTED FOR.

gallax

Smash Hero
Well then you guys now just allowed tourney's without an entry fee to count for PR's as well as PR mm's without an entry fee to be paid to play the PR and for it to actually count.

Im hosting a tourney every single day that someone comes over for free. Every time someone wins the tourney they win $0.25 cents.

Im also gonna host PR mm's for free. Since the entry fee does not matter then the incentive to win only matters. Free PR mm's!!!!

Everything counts for the PR. Lets see how this goes when everyone in CFL has a PR win and then lets see what happens when hrnut gets in on this. I know he doesnt does care about the PRs and would probably get in on this to troll.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
free PR mms are a different argument, mike. As i said earlier, im not gonna argue with you on that point because i dont care as much about those as tourneys counting, but because theres no payout at all then youre gonna get alot more backlash than just me.

Revisit what i said earlier:

Any tourney with a payout to placing that even 1 smasher in the tourney believes it should count for rankings HAS to count towards rankings. only if every single entrant decides it doesnt count will it then not count. Deal with it
note the main stipulation is that there has to be a payout. im pretty sure there was a payout to top 3 for singles and dubs for both melee and brawl. No payout for pr mms, so i doubt that will work. Now, arguing the AMOUNT of a PR MM. THATS a different story and theres something i could probably get behind you on. I think it should be any amount at least $5 but more if they agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom