• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
that doesnt even make sense

money on the line, means its competative, gives incent to win

we put money on PR matches because it adds INCENT to win

just because a few of you guys the INCENT wasn't worth the conditions u dealt with, doesnt mean EVERYONE agreed that same thing

gallax

Smash Hero
So then by your logic, PR mm's without money on the line count? (also it should be incentive, not incent) To me incentive to win a PR set is worth more than money. Its opinionated as to say that money is incentive to win.

And heres another point:

I host a free tourney. Winner gets 25 cents. Second place 10 cents. Third a penny. Results count then?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if everyone in the tourny is cool with such winnings, i suppose so

and the money on the line for the PR matches gives the PR members real incentive to PR match randoms they do not have a current losing record to, thus giving everyone a shot at some PR records.

this gives the PR members not only incentive to do the PR match in the first place, but also to take it seriously throughout the set

gallax

Smash Hero
if everyone in the tourny is cool with such winnings, i suppose so

and the money on the line for the PR matches gives the PR members real incentive to PR match randoms they do not have a current losing record to, thus giving everyone a shot at some PR records.

this gives the PR members not only incentive to do the PR match in the first place, but also to take it seriously throughout the set
This is totally opinionated. Another opinion: Winning the PR set should be incentive enough to take it as seriously as possible. Proving that you beat a random for proof is your goal. Not to win money.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ok

So I get where Gallax is coming from

Basically its not fair because originally the rules were that you have to spend money on the tourney for it to count to the PRs and then all the GOOD ppl decided to sandbag

BUT

RYO didnt aggree so its Gallax's OWN FAULT for not playing seriously

Gallax said that he will take the bullet for that then

So

2 get this **** over with how about we just take the results that matter from the players that CARED

RYO, Mero & GDX since they actually cared they can get credit for thier wins and losses

BTW anyone have the results thread for NLL last weekend?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
& BTW

Seibrik is correct... PERIOD

sorry Gallax but although I see where your coming from Seibriks Logic is just to overpowering lol

gallax

Smash Hero
Seibriks logic is not logic. Its opinion. Read my last couple posts more carefully and you will see that opinions given are not based in fact by brik. They are truly opinions about how people feel.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
gallax, i understand that for YOU money isn't nessasary incentive, but you cant promise me thats the same for every PR player. while i agree that the PR records SHOULD be enough incentive, that simply isn't the case for EVERY pr player.

when you add money to the equation tho, it ENSURES that every PR player would try 100% of the time, that's some incentive that you can't get as consistantly from simply wanting a winning record vs randoms.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Gallax you have to understand...

RYO thought it was a serious tourney but you didnt
So even tho both of you werent on the same terms its just like you sandbagging
I understand you didnt pay for the door fee but u just got lucky because you snuck in therefor money was technically on the line and was supposed to be paid but basically u just got into a tourney for free,,,

So in the end

THe tourney was worth money
u sandbagged
RYO won
Results should count for every1 that went to the tourney expecting a tournament

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Everyone is getting pretty upset over something so stupid.

The pr isn't even that important. Yet people are willing to insult each other to move up.

SF/MVC3 doesn't have a pr but we know were we stand.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Long story short... If its a tourney where the result is money then do your best to WIN for the fairness of every1 else

@GreenAce no1 has insulted any1 wtf r u talkin about?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
greenace u dont even play this game, ur opinion doesnt matter! :awesome:

but im willing to compromise and say the matches between mero, gdx, and ryo (including ryo vs gallax) will count, as long as everyone else is cool with not being counted.

i hope this is the last time this ever comes up for any tourny.

gallax

Smash Hero
No B AWAL, there was a con entry fee, not a singles entry fee. We got into the con for free out of a technicality. Not the entry for singles.

And im not willing to have my match counted anymore. This is still gonna be discussed.

gallax

Smash Hero
gallax, i understand that for YOU money isn't nessasary incentive, but you cant promise me thats the same for every PR player. while i agree that the PR records SHOULD be enough incentive, that simply isn't the case for EVERY pr player.

when you add money to the equation tho, it ENSURES that every PR player would try 100% of the time, that's some incentive that you can't get as consistantly from simply wanting a winning record vs randoms.
It ensures it because now they have paid to enter, and if they lose they will have lost their money.

I spent, as well as everyone who entered the otronicon tourney, nothing to enter the brawl tourney. $0. These matches were not acceptable for speculation for who was the better player.

Ryo spent money to enter the con itself.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
gallax, address my point bout the PR matches please, unless you finally agree money should be on the line for it.

discussing otronicon further is fine, like many have said theres no rush.

gallax

Smash Hero
gallax, address my point bout the PR matches please, unless you finally agree money should be on the line for it.

discussing otronicon further is fine, like many have said theres no rush.
Ok, could you re-ask for me please so that I can fully understand your question and leave nothing out por favor :) ?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
do you understand why it's important to put money on PR matches?

it's kinda like your argument for why money should be put down for tournies for them to count....

gallax

Smash Hero
Oh i totally understand why money should be put on line for PR mm's to count. I totally agree. It should be minimum $5 imo. The reason being that most tourneys have an entery fee of $5 or more. To be weighted the same as tourney the same amount of money needs to be spent to enter a mm. So its not just opinion theres reason behind it(just proving a point).

But you catch my drift brik, money should be spent to enter into an event, singles to be specific, for the results to be taken into consideration. The same goes for PR matches. Money needs to be spent by a player to enter. No exceptions.

And because no money was spent to enter singles, the results from otrinicon should not count.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Gallax... can you please stop being a ****?

Cuz right now your just ****ing the prs over...

More people than you have suffered because of MATCHES THAT DIDNT REALLY COUNT *COUGH* POOLS *COUGH* so get the hell over it and just take this 1 damn loss so we can be done with it...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well technically every single regular smashers aside from myself paid for the con. for the sole purpose of the tourney itself and not the con so it pretty much turned into an entry fee anyway. I was the only one who paid for the con that just happened to have a tourney at it and even I thought it was a counted tourney with laggy tvs

I went to the tourney that just happened to be there. I would've gone anyway. No other regular smasher there can say that at least for brawl

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
:laugh: I love florida. If no money was payed FOR singles and it can be proven without a doubt then the results should not count.
If money was spent FOR singles or TOWARDS A POT by ANY PLAYERS THERE it should count.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
OK....

first of all, who was the smart guy who didn't go to LOLtronicon?

That's right. Me.

I already saw stupid **** coming from this tourney miles and miles away (pun intended). Jeff could vouch for me on that one.

As a result, I didn't go to this fishy Anime Convention tourney and put myself at risk for shenanigans to happen.

However, Ryo did and not only did he enter, I believe he won (correct me if I'm wrong). Props to him on that. Regardless of whatever happened at LOLtronicon, he should be rewarded for his performance.

Now.... for those who went to LOLtronicon after my forewarnings....

I TOLD YOU SO....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
:laugh: I love florida. If no money was payed FOR singles and it can be proven without a doubt then the results should not count.
If money was spent FOR singles or TOWARDS A POT by ANY PLAYERS THERE it should count.
like i said earlier, that tourney definitely was not free. everyone paid for entry for the con just to enter the brawl tourney, and no care about the actual convention itself (at least everyone involved in his debate, aside from myself. i was gonna go to otronicon either way)

with that in mind, the entry fee for those people was pretty much the entry to the tourney and you get a free convention to go to if you wanted (which they didnt). the fact that the payouts didnt match the entry fee + attendance just means it was a tourney with a very large house cut.

people paid for the ability to enter this tourney, so it should count. It was not 100% free, like some sort of gamestop launch tourney, except for like 3-4 who snuck in without even paying for the convention, and they got booted out once the salty old lady found out cause she had a tree up her ***.

before people even start responding, i personally have nothing to gain/lose from this tourney counting. im just stating the most logical...if you sandbagged and lost to someone at this or any other tourney, its no fault but your own. and trust me, i know about this more than anyone but even Im not dumb enough to realize its true

Edit: lolomgdead@david

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
like i said earlier, that tourney definitely was not free. everyone paid for entry for the con just to enter the brawl tourney, and no care about the actual convention itself (at least everyone involved in his debate, aside from myself. i was gonna go to otronicon either way)

with that in mind, the entry fee for those people was pretty much the entry to the tourney and you get a free convention to go to if you wanted (which they didnt). the fact that the payouts didnt match the entry fee + attendance just means it was a tourney with a very large house cut.

people paid for the ability to enter this tourney, so it should count. It was not 100% free, like some sort of gamestop launch tourney, except for like 3-4 who snuck in without even paying for the convention, and they got booted out once the salty old lady found out cause she had a tree up her ***.

before people even start responding, i personally have nothing to gain/lose from this tourney counting. im just stating the most logical...if you sandbagged and lost to someone at this or any other tourney, its no fault but your own. and trust me, i know about this more than anyone but even Im not dumb enough to realize its true

Edit: lolomgdead@david
Sry but i don't agree. Unless the actual otronicon fee to enter the convention went towards the pot then it should not be counted. Cuz there was no tournament fee if that's the case. You could argue semantics about it but facts are facts and if that was the only fee our normal stipulations say the tourney shouldn't count. I stand by the fact that IF NO MONEY BY THE TO ORGANIZERS WAS REQUESTED AND THE NO MONEY FROM THE OTRONICON FEE TO GET IN TO THE CONVENTION WAS PUT TOWARDS THE POT IT SHOULDN'T COUNT ACCORDING TO PAST RULINGS. Personally idc im just stating my opinion.

Peace~

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sry but i don't agree. Unless the actual otronicon fee to enter the convention went towards the pot then it should not be counted. Cuz there was no tournament fee if that's the case. You could argue semantics about it but facts are facts and if that was the only fee our normal stipulations say the tourney shouldn't count. I stand by the fact that IF NO MONEY BY THE TO ORGANIZERS WAS REQUESTED AND THE NO MONEY FROM THE OTRONICON FEE TO GET IN TO THE CONVENTION WAS PUT TOWARDS THE POT IT SHOULDN'T COUNT ACCORDING TO PAST RULINGS. Personally idc im just stating my opinion.

Peace~
but you cant argue it was free

because you could not just legally walk into otronicon and play in the tourney

you HAD to pay SOMETHING in order to enter the building, thus the tourney. it doesnt matter that it wasnt fairly put towards the pot.

if it were a literally free tourney where you in no way had to put any money to enter then i could understand the logic alittle, but this is entirely different

gallax

Smash Hero
Hrnut shutup, your saying that only to troll me. This is not one of those times to troll. You seriously need to learn to ****ing shut the **** up or be ****ing serious about the situation. You're pissing me the **** off man.

Srry bout that paragraph to everyone else. Please disregard. Hrnut just has no respect and it frustrates me at times because he just refuses to leave a situation alone without using any sense.

What everyone needs to realize is that it costs money to enter the con and NOT the singles tourney itself. Regardless of the intent spent to enter the con, it cost money only to enter the con and not the tourney. NOT TO ENTER THE TOURNEY.

It should not count. NO money to enter the tourney. NONE. Results shouldnt count. Regardless of what you say there was no entry fee.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Sorry Gallax, Ontronicon should count. There was money on the line.

Every month or so we have local Play N Trade tournaments. I've gone jigglypuff, wario, falcon, and other characters I would never use at a tournament outside of Tampa. And at all these tournaments I've risked PR points, and done so knowingly. Does me not using my main invalidate the tournament? I'm the only PR player in attendance. But that doesn't mean any exception should be made for me, or anyone else who decided not to use their main that day. It just happens that multiple players sandbagged at Ontronicon, but unless 100% of everyone in attendance agrees (especially those who place) it's absolutely unfair to invalidate those winnings.

Trying to invalidate holy smash would take away wins from CO18, Ryo, Afro, Poltergust and Masky. We accepted the potential consequences of what we did when we did it, and you should too...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you had to pay money for the opportunity to play in the tourney, and it gave visa gift card payouts

sounds like it should count to me...but thats just black logic

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Okay so I'm gonna say this as seriously as possible. Gallax is right that tourney wasn't legit we even agreed at the tourney that it wouldn't be counted as about the sets we did banning 10 characters for the most part because of how bad the lag was and the tourney was ran.

We shouldn't count it due to the fact that the tourney was technically free and many players were disadvantaged by the circumstances of the tournament.

If you guys want to count it, it'd be dumb since we agreed otherwise but its w/e the tournament was for fun, no one really played seriously, idk if ryo played seriously or not but everyone else pretty much didn't care because the tourney was free and a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom