• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Counter Game: Read the **** Rules or the Thread Get's Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouW

Smash Lord
Staraptor @ Life Orb
Adamant/Intimidate
252Atk/208Spe/48HP
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Return
Quick Attack

If your 'lolz' does max damage, I can Return (ignoring the fact that you have 0.33% chance of surviving) with 1HP left.

WouW

Smash Lord
Sandslash @ Lum Berry
Adamant/Sand Veil
252Atk/252Spe/4Def
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash
Swords Dance

This thing is too much lol:
-If you Fire Blast twice and roll max damage, I can Swords Dance and Earthquake with 1HP left.
-That's while Sandslash has no HP or SpD EVs, and has base 55 SpD.
-I OHKO with Earthquake regardless of boosts
-Swagger = death
-Dig = Doom
-Punishment deals little damage, even when boosted.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Sandslash @ Lum Berry
Adamant/Sand Veil
252Atk/252Spe/4Def
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Adamant / Water Absorb
52 HP / 200 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Waterfall
Substitute
Focus Punch
Ice Punch

you fail to 2HKO.

c3gill

Smash Ace
As do you. You fail to OHKO, doing 97% maximum, and I have 91% chance of 2HKOing you.

Failure
its
FIXED.

I had to ask myself, "is making my font bigger and more colorful going to get my point across?" and I decided it was (but it also makes me look like a ****, always a downside to big colorful letters thrown randomly in threads:ohwell:)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Raticate @ Leftovers
Adamant/Guts
38hp/252attack/220speed
SwordDance
Facade
Crunch
Reversal

Just enough speed evs to outrun Gardevoir by 1 point. Nothing to Imprison. Will-o-Wisp makes Facade increase in power. You can't stall with Rest, Crunch and Facade are still 2 hit kills. And Shadowball does nothing.

Sword Dances while easily resisting your moves, and 1 hit kills with a statised Facade, or 2 hit kills with Crunch. Reversal is to stop any Steel/Rock counters, although Raticate isn't going to be living too long.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I wonder if I could have won if I had used Rock Smash instead of Reversal. Probably not, but still. :p

Claydol @ Leftovers
Timid/Levitate
252hp, 200def, 58specialattack
Calm Mind
Earth Power
Grass Knot
Shadowball

Naturally outspeeds, resistant to all moves, instant kills with Earth Power. Grass Knot deals with Water Types, Shadow Ball deals with Ghosts and Psychics, EarthPower is great Stab, and Calm Mind is good to strengthen it's moves and defend against a special sweeper. I'm suspecting a Grass type to ruin my fun though.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Claydol @ Leftovers
Timid/Levitate
252hp, 200def, 58specialattack
Calm Mind
Earth Power
Grass Knot
Shadowball

I'm suspecting a Grass type to ruin my fun though.
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Adamant, Super Luck

Night Slash
Superpower
Steel Wing
Drill Peck

EDIT- as i am really busy at work i cant run it, but im sure it will work just fine. :) especially because i resist the only move you can hit me with......... sorry about not being able to run it, ill do it when i get home just to be sure.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
'kay, Just curious.

Blastoise @ ExpertBelt
Adamant/Torrent
138hp,120attack,252defense
AquaJet
Avalanche
Earthquake
Waterfall

Since all of your attacks hit me, but not a single one can hope to 2 hit kill me, I can Avalanche to instantly kill. Stab Waterfall lets me fight still, Aquajet lets me speed after weakened enemies, and Earthquake deals with pesky Electric Types. Poor Blastoise... he's gonna go by fast.

WouW

Smash Lord
Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm/Water Absorb
252SpA/252HP/4SpD
Hidden Power Flying
Blizzard
Hydro Pump
Rest

Can take two (boosted) Avalanches, takes a nap, repeat.
Next thing is going to be Lanturn

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Nope. No Lanturn for you.

Registeel@Leftovers
Careful/Clearbody
252hp/4attack/252specialdefense
Curse
Thunderpunch
IcePunch
Counter

The Famous Bolt Beam Combo, physical style! Registeel LAUGHS at your Hidden Power Flying and Blizzard. He gets a slightly harsh washing by your Hydropump though, but on average, he'll have 5-6 turns to do something about it. Thunderpunch is capable of nearly instantly killing unboosted, and that's just on Average, so after 1 curse, even with full hp, Mantine dies.

Counters are going to find it slightlly more difficult than normal to beat Registeel, since he has an impressive special defense of around 400 and his defense hits around the 500 mark as they switch in. His attack reaches 280 after the first curse, but because of his defenses and left overs, it would take quite a bit of attack power to stop him from reaching the 700 mark after 6 curses. And against Physical Sweepers that try to tear him a new one with Earthquake, Counter will do solid damage in return against them. Heck, his defenses over time would let him recovery any lost damage through just his leftovers.

I'm suspecting another Trick set, or a highly defensive sweeper that would be able to strike back with powerful special attacks... heck, Regirock might be able to beat him! :p

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I feel like using a generic sweeper now, instead of someone strange.

Houndoom @ Leftovers
Timid/FlashFire
6hp/252specialattack/252speed
NastyPlot
FlameThrower
DarkPulse
HiddenPowerGrass

Yeah, I don't see Houndoom suffering from a Burn.... So much for Will-o-Whisp
Fireblast only helps it's attack power go up...
Sunnyday Benefits Houndoom as well...
And Houndoom laughs at Solarbeam's damage.

Free turns to Nastyplot, followed by uber Dark Pulse. Hidden Power Grass deals with most water-types that laugh at Houndoom. And Flamethrower just kicks ash. Still, Houndoom is going to see any fightingtype that resists all of it's moves (there are several), it will see a fist coming, and then it won't see anything anymore.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Flash fire makes Houndoom immune to fire attacks..... Hey, even Willowisp activates Flash Fire, so Houndoom can't be burned by it either. And Houndoom has base 80 special defense... Solar beam is only a 5 hit kill, so it doesn't quite cut it either, since Houndoom gets 2 hit kills with Dark Pulse, or 1 hit after a Nasty Plot.

Hey, since you use Sunnday the first turn, then use Solar Beam the next 4, would you have to charge up that 5th turn? It's moot since you'd die before then, but still, does the 5 turns of sun start counting for the first turn it's used, or does it start after then?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Tyranitar seems like he'd be very Intimidating. Houndoom would probably make great use of it as well. I also thought I read somewhere on some bogus source that Houndoom had the Chlorophil ability as well. I laughed when I saw that.

WouW

Smash Lord
Jumpluff @ Occa Berry
Adamant/Leaf Guard
252Spe/252Atk/4HP
Sleep Powder
Swords Dance
Bounce
Seed Bomb

Yeah, it's ridiculous to send in a grass-type without (much) defensive investment into a Houndoom with Flamethrower when Sunny Day is up with less than base 90 Special Defense (and no ridiculous HP base either), while attacking with base 55 attack and base power 85, even using one move for filler.
Survives a hit, outspeeds and sleeps you, Swords Dances and Bounces to OHKO.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Between the 75 percent chance of Sleep Powder hitting, and the fact that it could wake up at any given momment between the 4 turns (some sleeps are done the next turn), this counter feels shaky.

Would I be allowed to resubmit Houndoom with the ability Early-Bird, since that means he'd be able to definitely wake up early, hit you and kill you, and he'd still be a counter to Torkal, since he still kills with Darkpulse before Torkal kills with Fireblast? Am I to assume all Sleeps are for 4 turns now? Because I still think that, since it could still wake up on any of the 3 turns before hand, Houndoom would be able to attack and end it...

Sorry guys. I calculated the wrong stat for Jumpluff's offense. My bad! Darn my fading vision and altimers... I'm so old.. This is the newest counter though.

Regice @ Leftovers (HE'S BACK!)
Timid/Leftovers
6hp/252defense/252specialattack
Icebeam
Thunderbolt
Rest
Sleeptalk

If it gets either of it's offensive moves with Sleeptalk, it still kills. It can live through even boosted Bounces twice, and can rest away and sleep talk. Why do I like Ice-Lightning combos? Lanturn is going to completely wall me...

On a very random note, you know what I wish could happen? I wish Infernape could breed with Lucario and get a Chimchar that can fire Aura Spheres. That would be an awesome Special-Sweeper.... Timid, with max speed and special attack, with Flamethrower, AuraSphere, Hiddenpower Rock, and Nasty Plot. An Expertbelt for extra damage.... it'd be kick-butt!

WouW

Smash Lord
Between the 75 percent chance of Sleep Powder hitting, and the fact that it could wake up at any given momment between the 4 turns (some sleeps are done the next turn), this counter feels shaky.
Turn 1: You flame me, 95% max as I switch in
Turn 2: I use sleep Powder, you can't move
Turn 3: I SD, you're d@mn lucky if you wake up
Turn 4: I Bounce, you could wake up and miss
Turn 5: Bounce lands before you can hit me, I OHKO.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Wow... I'm phrasing words wrong, doing my calculations incorrectly, and in general not seeing right when it's late at night. Dang.

I guess from now on I definitely assume that Sleep lasts for a full 4 turns now? Or is it just there so that the next counter has to be a Sleep Talker, like the Regice?

3-4 hits to kill Regice with a Sword Danced Bounce, 3-4 hits to kill with Swor Danced Seed Bomb. Rests and Sleep Talks to get around Sleep Powder, and instantly kills with Ice-Beam. Granted, Thunderbolt is going to be a 3 hit kill, but Regice can still stall better, and the chance of the instant kill Ice-Beam is pretty good.

Mind if I make him Modest while I'm at it? Or do you guys wanna counter the Timid one? Modest is probably harder to defeat, with the higher attack. But then again, if I could fix my pokemon, then simply giving Houndoom Early-Bird would let him be able to wake up while you are Sword Dancing, and put the dance on Fire, while it's raw stats would have been enough to counter Torkal.

And Regice is still going to get walled by Lanturn. ;.;

WouW

Smash Lord
I was commenting about Jumpluff countering Houndoom. Sorry if that wasn't obvious.
Also, I think we should account for 2 turns of sleep - this is the average of 1 and 4 turns. (yeah, 3 could be as well, but that might be overpowering)

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Adamant/Guts
252Atk/60Spe/196HP
Close Combat
Payback
Facade
Stone Edge

You'd better have something extremely bulky that can outspeed and OHKO this b@stard.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I quite honestly have no idea which of my Pokemon can take that thing down.... those are incredibly powerful attacks, the combination of which are impossible to wall.... not to mention how staggeringly the attack power is that backs it. I guess I'll just have to improvise...

Slowbro @ Choicespecs
Bold/Own Tempo
252hp/252defence/6specialattack (God I hate this ev spreed, but I'm too dumb to figure anything else out).
Trick
Psychic
Surf
Slack-Off

This ev set sucks, but it still lets it live through 2 Facades (admitedly it's close as heck to a 2 hit kill) and 3 hits of everything else. So, it will definitely be able to survive switching in and taking both hits (darn you for being so slow, Slowbro... wait.. I GET IT NOW! HA!) and the Choice-Specs instantly kill with Psychic.

Trick is there so that any other physical sweeper that comes in finds themselves screwed if they try to set up, and once the Choice-Specs are gone (along with most of Slowbro's power), Slack-Off is a healing source. Sharpedo walls me. ;.;

WouW

Smash Lord
You have a very small chance of not being 2HKOd by Payback on the switch (does boosted damage) followed by a Facade.

D@mn, I made my thing too hard to counter.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
How does Payback do boosted damage during a switch? I thought it only does more damage if Hariyama was hit by an attack first. Ah. I see. It has to be moving second period. Aha.

I respectfully withdraw my first counter, and replace it with this one:

Slowbro @ Choicespecs
Bold/OwnTempo
252hp/34specialattack/224speed *CONDEM MY TYPING ERRORS! ;.;*
Surf
Psychic
Flamethrower
GrassKnot

This one resists the first hit of any of the moves and outlives with it's uber hp, and this time, outspeeds by 1 point to score an instant kill Psychic. It's going to get outspeed a lot, and it's special defense is lacking, but this is the best I can do at night.... Grass, Psychic, Water and Fire is a nifty little combination though, isn't it? It will take a heck of a Special Wall to defeat this set, since only Latios and Latias can resist all 4 moves.

Still ticked that I had to do EXACTLY as you said I would... the whole (survives the first hit, outspeeds, and 1 hit kills) thing. I was hoping I'd be able to simply atleast take multiple hits, and then kill him. Not a bad Pokemon though. Hariyama seems like he got a boost in the 4th Generation. I might import my Emerald one now.

Anyone else think that

Chimchar(Monferno)(Infernape) @ Wise Glass(LifeOrb)(Expertbelt)
Modest(Timid)/Blaze
6hp/252specialattack/252speed
Flamethrower
AuraSphere
HiddenPowerRock
NastyPlot

would have been one heck of a Special Sweeper? That would be TIGHT!

c3gill

Smash Ace
Slowbro @ Choicespecs
Bold/OwnTempo
252hp/34specialattack/124speed
Surf
Psychic
Flamethrower
GrassKnot
Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Modest / Volt Absorb
252 Spe / 252 Sp Atk / 4 HP
Tbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam(lolz)

Grass, Psychic, Water and Fire is a nifty little combination though, isn't it? It will take a heck of a Special Wall to defeat this set, since only Latios and Latias can resist all 4 moves.
using all possible EVs makes this easy..... (your missing 100.... so i assumed you wanted those 100 in Sp Atk, and this dude still counters) but the most damage youll be doing comes from a STAB unresisted Psychic(only unresisted move). doesnt near OHKO, and I outspeed and OHKO.

EDIT- Aura Sphere on Infernape? how did you get it on there? because i dont see a way to possibly do it......

WouW

Smash Lord
The Infernape was just an idea about how it would be epic to have a Chimchar/evos with Aura Sphere.

Da-D-Mon, your Slowbro hits 127 speed and Hariyama has 151. It fails to outspeed.
Mistype? With a full spread (224 EVs), you hit 152 speed.
Hariyama is still the current counter.

c3gill

Smash Ace
The Infernape was just an idea about how it would be epic to have a Chimchar/evos with Aura Sphere.

Da-D-Mon, your Slowbro hits 127 speed and Hariyama has 151. It fails to outspeed.
Mistype? With a full spread (224 EVs), you hit 152 speed.
Hariyama is still the current counter.
yea, considering he said that we sould assume his outspeeds you- obviously that was his intention, as he said it would outspeed by 1 point. as that would then be an acceptable counter, and lanturn counters that, then lanturn is current counter :)

my mistake on assuming Sp Atk, but Lanturn still handles it.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The rest of the speed evs were suppost to go to it's speed. I keep making these stupid as heck mistakes. I'm sorry. It was suppost to have 224, not 124. Stupid errors. Stupid miskey. I'm sick guys. I missed school for like 3 days now. I'm not fully thinking straight.

With that set, it does outspeed Hariyama just barely, and due to the specs and 34 evs in Special Attack, it does still get the instant kil.... with the rest of it's evs in hp (252), it still lives through the Payback. Dude, considering how had it was for me to find a way to Counter Hariyama, I definitely have to import him from my Emerald version now. Hariyama is awesome! I feel it was underpowered in the 3rd Generation, but he seems uber dominatrix in the 4th Generation!

As for the Infernape, I was speaking hypothetically, as if there was a chance that Lucario could breed with Infernape and produce said Chimchar with AuraSphere. But that would be awesomsauce to the max.

Hehehe, Lanturn owned meh. :p Oh well... IT'S TIME TO GET KUNG-FU FIGHTING!

Hitmonchan @ ExpertBelt
Adamant/Iron Fist
74hp/252attack/184speed (I'm sure of the evs this time).
CloseCombat
Earthquake
Icepunch
Agility

Can survive any of the boosted attacks, outspeeds by 1 point (I'm absolutely sure I didn't mistype anything this time, since Lanturn has a speed of 233 with max speed evs, and Hitmonchan has a speed of 234 with 184 evs), and instantly kills with Earthquake.

Since speed is it's true weakest area, I decided to throw in Agility. I'll speed up the first turn, then get down to business. With Ice-Punch to handle Ghosts and Flying Types, Earthquake to deal with Poison and frail Psychics, and Close-Combat to just straight up deal damage, I feel pretty good about Hitmonchan. I wonder about Mantine's involvement though... And it's weird to think that it's easier beating Hitmonchan down Physically than Specially....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom