• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Counter Game: Read the **** Rules or the Thread Get's Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Vs. Steelix:

Clamperl @ Deepseatooth
Quiet/Shell Armor
252HP/252SpA/4Def
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric
Double-Edge

I tried to make it as slow as possible.
Lanturn @ Expert Belt
Modest/ Volt Absorb
252 Speed / 252 Sp Atk / 4 HP
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
HP Grass

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
@ steelix

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold/Levitate
252Hp/252Def/4SDef
Toxic
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Rest

Taunts so you can't heal/curse, then Will-o-Wisp and rest until you die.
Oh crap, nvm

c3gill

Smash Ace
You just had to be lame and put down Lanturn, didn't you.
lol Lanturn is AWESOME in a UU environment.... and it resists 3 of clamps moves. Im just waiting to see what counters it.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I wish there was a rule about NOT USING THE SAME COUNTER OVER AND OVER AGAIN! -.- Seriously, you have access to 206 Pokemon to use.... Kenji, thank's for using Empoleon and breaking that cycle, and Wouw, you're not really one to do that... C3gill, I'm looking right at you.

Like my Avatar change, by the way? I thought he was cool. :p

WouW

Smash Lord
I wish there was a rule about NOT USING THE SAME COUNTER OVER AND OVER AGAIN! -.- Seriously, you have access to 206 Pokemon to use.... Kenji, thank's for using Empoleon and breaking that cycle, and Wouw, you're not really one to do that... C3gill, I'm looking right at you.
I think not everyone likes posting NU pokés or other hard tactics. Hell, I once countered something with a Rock move with Mothim, and a few pages ago I countered a Houndoom with Jumpluff while the sun was up.

Like my Avatar change, by the way? I thought he was cool. :p
Looks cool. Barely different, but cool.

vs. Empoleon Lanturn:

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Adamant/Limber
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Blaze Kick

If somebody posts Slowbro, I'm gonna kill stuff >.<

c3gill

Smash Ace
I typically use pokemon that are on my teams. I dont understand why you bring this up, just like in OU there are certain pokemon that are good general counters. Lanturn is a Great Special Sponge in UU, and also has a decent moveset to work with.

there is a rule like that, no same pokemon on one page. basically does the same thing your rule does, but you cant expect to not see certain pokemon used often in this game.

and for the record, Empoleon is OU. lanturn is still up, just waiting for an EQ.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Well, yeah.... NU pokemon are hard to counter with, I will say that. But not impossible to use weird tactics to counter.... I'm just tired of the *LANTURN* next page next page *LANTURN* next page next page *LANTURN* ....

And as a matter of fact, it was my Houndoom you countered with Jumpluff. :p

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Darn You! I Wanted To Use My Uber Sceptile! ;.; Condem You For Modifying Your Post!

Actually, "Battosai the Mon Slayer" still as a high chance of countering HitmonLee as well.

Sceptile @ Muscle Band
Adamant/Overgrow
136hp/158attack/100def/116speed
SwordDance
LeafBlade
Earthquake
DragonClaw

He can survive even Close Combat or Blaze-Kick with the Life-Orb boost with the defensive evs. And after any attack, using the Muscle Band, his Leaf-Blade is a 1 hit kill. Aint Life-Orb a stinker? Outspeeds by 1 point. :p

Sword Dance boosts his attack power greatly, while Earthquake and Dragon Claw provide coverage.

I wish I could fix this, since I calcualted it with an Iv of 0 (which is why I should always be using my hand-drawn calcluations), and given it Stone Edge instead of Earthquake... it hits those that it's weak against harder... c3gill's Vespiquen would have never stoped him... few Pokemon would have... ;.; 116 evs wasted... ;.; I have failed you. *suicides*

c3gill

Smash Ace
Sceptile @ Muscle Band
Adamant/Overgrow
136hp/158attack/100def/116speed
SwordDance
LeafBlade
Earthquake
DragonClaw

Vespiquen @ Leftovers
Impish / Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Toxic
Heal Order
Attack Order
Protect

is this a common enough counter to make you happy?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Um... Karthik... that counter doesn't work.... it needs 4 moves, not one.... and all 4 have to be able to take out Vespiqueen...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
is this a common enough counter to make you happy?
Just the fact that we aren't seeing yet another LANTURN makes me well up with happiness.

Crap... didn't mean to double post...

You know what I just realised? I checked my stats, and Sceptile's Speed IV was set to 0, from the Steelix and Shuckle sets! I could have been pumping all that extra evs into it's other stats! That's hilarious! I should be doing this by hand instead of using a calculator, even when everyone's posting at once. Nothing beats your own knowledge. I'll start doing that more instead of worrying about getting my counter in.

Aww heck, since I'm here, I may as well.....

Aggron @ LifeOrb
Adamant/Sturdy
252hp/252attack/6defense
StoneEdge
Gyroball
Aquatail
Thunderpunch

Uneved, it can still instantly kill with Stone Edge, and it still takes so little damage that Leftovers could probably keep it with full hp, assuming it just felt like waiting around. Toxic won't effect steels. You won't be able to heal yourself once you're dead. And you can only protect for so long.

Thunderpunch and Aquatail help it try to handle it's counters, but this thing is still going to be destroyed by a heck of a lot of special sweepers... I even see a few Physical Sweepers with Earthquake or Closecombat (or something else like that) doing this bad boy in pretty quickly. But still, they'll just barely survive any of it's attacks in order to do him in. :p

c3gill

Smash Ace
Aggron @ LifeOrb
Adamant/Sturdy
252hp/252attack/6defense
StoneEdge
Gyroball
Aquatail
Thunderpunch
Just the fact that we aren't seeing yet another LANTURN makes me well up with happiness.
I could totally counter that set with a Lanturn. he resists 2/4, immune to another 1/4..... leftovers if its needed, but id rather use Expert Belt. But im not going to run the numbers. Im NOT going to use lanturn, im just using this example to say its a really easy counter to...... most UU pokes and sets, lol.

EDIT- ok Reaper, a leftovers work better?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Um... Karthik... that counter doesn't work.... it needs 4 moves, not one.... and all 4 have to be able to take out Vespiqueen...
No, technically it doesn't need 4 moves. If it were to have 4 moves it would need to have 4 that could beat the current counter, but if the current poster wishes to only use 1 move(i.e, there are no other usable moves that would work for the counter) they can choose to do so.

Edit: c3gill, a rock resist berry would do nothing on lanturn as it doesn't take SE rock damage.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
@ Dustox:

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Adamant/Blaze
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 def
-sub
-belly drum
-flare blitz
-dragon claw

omg! i dint ttly c dis comng!!1!eleven!@

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Registeel
Modest(lol)never seen one of these Registeels.
252 SpATK 252 DEF 4 HP
Choice SPecs
FlashCannon
Since evryone ignored mine i will counter pink

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
So, you can use Choice-Specs if the moves are guaranteed to counter, but you can't have absolutely any other move period? Dude, that's ganked... :p I wonder what counters this set?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I want to use Altaria against this, because it would resist Eruption and float over Hidden-Power-Ground.... but I'm not sure if it can withstand 2 Choice-Spec'ed Eruptions and still win.

Dang. I checked the stats and Moltres wouldn't survive either. I see both the handicap and the power of Choice-Sets here.

I hate trying to see how much damage the second hit does, assuming I outspeed Typhlosion. Anyone know a good damage-calculator? :p

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I wonder if this one will work...

Hariyama @ Rowap Berry
Adamant/ThickFat
140hp/120attack/250specialdefense (sucky spread, I know)
CloseCombat
Earthquake
StoneEdge
Toxic

With this spread, he should be able to live through 2 Eruptions (especially with the Berry's help), and get an instant-kill Earthquake off. Hopefully... anyone want to do more accurate calculations on this? If not, I'm honestly out of ideas. I'd need sleep to think of a new one. :p If I wasn't so tired, I'd have calculated it right already.

WouW

Smash Lord
After Rowap Berry's damage, Typhlosion has 42% chance of surviving the incoming Quake.

Charizard @ Liechi Berry
Naive/Blaze
252Atk/252Spe/4Def
30 HP IV
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Substitute
Overheat

Comes in on either totally nothing (HP Ground) or an Eruption activating Liechi boost, and as I outspeed you you're killed. Sub in case I don't get the boost.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Solrock @ Leftovers
Impish/Levitate
252 HP/80 Atk/176 Def
Will-o-Wisp
Light Screen
Substitute
Stone Edge

Lols at Fire Punch, and Overheat only does like 40% before the special attack drop. Earthquake misses. I can take as many hits as I need to and kill with Stone Edge.
At least it isn't Slowbro...

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
@ Solrok:

Sceptile @ Petaya Berry
Overgrow: Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Frenzy Plant
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Focus Blast

I had Brick Break over Focus Blast, but that just seemed silly. I try too hard.

EDIT: Now this uneditted set is aiming at Claydol. If he Tricks, he still dies to Frenzy Plant. If he Trick Rooms, he loses due to his scarf, and I'm pretty sure I can survive a hit from Claydol, especially since he doesn't have STAB on either of his offensive moves.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Just to let you know, Hariyama WOULD have countered Typhlosion.

Turn 1:Typhlosion uses Eruption as Hariyama switches in. The Berry activates, and Typhlosion is droped to 88% hp = 261 hp. Hariyama at max takes 228 damage, which leaves him with 236 hp.

Turn 2:Typhlosion uses Erutpion. Due to the droped hp, Erutpion now has a base power of 131. Hariyama takes at most 198 damage, which leaves him at 38 hp. Hariyama retaliates with Earthquake, which more than half the time is an instant kill, but we will say it did minimum damage, 253, leaving Typhlosion at 8 hp. Eruption now has a base power of 4. Blaze activates.

Turn 3:Typhlosion uses it's 4 base power Eruption, doing .... 12 damage max to Hariyama. Hariyama uses Earthquake. Typhlosion dies.

This is assuming each time, Typlosion did the max damage that Eruption can do. But because of the berry, Hariyama is saved! :p Hidden Power Ground is a 3 hit kill assuming all 3 hits do max damage. But if they did, then it would be fair to grant Hariyama atleast average damage on his one Earthquake, which would be all he needed to kill Typhlosion if he used Hidden Power. :p

@ Sceptile,

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Modest/Poison Point
110hp/200specialattack/200speed
Energyball
Sludgebomb
HiddenPowerFire
ShadowBall

Unevied, it can take even the Petaya Berry Boosted Frenzy Plant and Focus Blast with no problem. And uneved, SludgeBomb is an instant kill. Being a Grass-Type makes it immune to Leech Seed as well. You can only Substitute for so long before you die. EnergyBall is a very nice Stab, Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fire are type coverage.

Roserade isn't going to last long though... although I can't truly predict who's gonna counter it, since you guys are starting to step up your games. I'm expecting Super-Effective damage though... probably something that doesn't take super effective damage and can strike back physically. That's my best guess. The only Pokemon that takes reduced damage from this set is Heatran. And most special walls in UU will typically be outspeed, and will require much power into their defenses and hp in order to have a chance of surviving the 2 hits, which means it might be hard to have enough power to insure an instant kill (Lanturn, 3 Energyballs have your name ALL OVER THEM, and it would take you a Calm nature with maxed out Special Defense and Hp to live through 2 of them, while your Ice-Beam would be lucky to get a 3 hit kill!).

It's either going to be a counter with Item involvement or a very obscure plan, again most likely using a Physical move.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
@ Roserade:

Muk @ Black Sludge
Brave/Sticky Hold
252 HP/68 Atk/188 SDef
Poison Jab
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Giga Drain

Resists both of your STAB moves. Shadow Ball deals max 21.5% and Elemental Punches do min 74%.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Against Muk:

Magcargo w/Petaya Berry
Modest/Flame Body
100 Def./ 240 Sp. Atk./ 170 Sp. Def.
+ Yawn
+ Endure
+ Fire Blast
+ HP Flying
This calls for a Rock-type, I assume. However, could it be that a person who posts a counter to this that wields a doubly-super-effective move is a young kid who knows no better? The idea is odd...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
@ Magcargo:

Camerupt@Focus Sash
Modest/Solid Rock
252 HP/252 SATK/4 SPE
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower
-Flash Cannon
-HP Grass

You were half right, half wrong. I did post double-effectiveness, but I'm 18. ^.^
If my calculation is correct, a simple Earth Power does the trick. It 1HKOs at min, and thanks to your lack of speed EVs, I didn't even have to bother with worrying about moving faster than you. So then all I have to do is spam earth power until you die, which should only be to the second turn if you endure on the first.

I predict the next to be something that I can't kill in one hit, but doesn't 1HKO me, either. So probably some really bulky, weak water type? If it exists?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
A weak watertype? Yeah, right...

Feraligatyr @ Rowap Berry
Adamant/Torrent
124hp/252attack/124speed
DragonDance
Waterfall
IcePunch
Earthquake

Can live through a Hidden Power Grass without being killed, Outspeeds and instantly kills with WaterFall. AND BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT THE FOCUS-SASH, it doesn't work if you aren't at full hp. And the berry makes you take damage if you perform a special attack. And lets see.. Earth Power, Flame Thrower, Hidden Power, Flash Cannon. All Special. You attack me as I switch in, then I demolish you in 1 hit, even with your little Solid-Rock ability.

Ice-Punch and Earthquake provide coverage. Dragon Dance brings Feraligatyr's speed up to 335, and attack up to 509. I suspect a defensive creature that can take multiple hits and retaliate with an Electric or Grass attack, although if it's special, they'll run the risk of being killed by their own moves' recoil if they have to counter attack. You can't counter if you kill yourself. Sorry Suicide-Bombers, you're still losing.

c3gill

Smash Ace
@ Magcargo:

Camerupt@Focus Sash
Modest/Solid Rock
252 HP/252 SATK/4 SPE
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower
-Flash Cannon
-HP Grass
Focus sash is supposed to be banned (i dunno if its been changed), for future reference.

A weak watertype? Yeah, right...

Feraligatyr @ Rowap Berry
Adamant/Torrent
124hp/252attack/124speed
DragonDance
Waterfall
IcePunch
Earthquake
Lapras @ Leftovers
Modest / Water Absorb
172 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 84 HP
Thunderbolt