• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Counter Game: Read the **** Rules or the Thread Get's Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
@ Entei

Feraligatr @ Liechi Berry
Jolly/Torrent
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Substitute
Flail

Outspeeds. Fire Blast does max 37.5%. I 2HKO with Waterfall.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Parasect@Leftovers
Adamant/Dry Skin
252Atk/164 Spe/94 HP
-Spore
-Substitute
-Seed Bomb
-Screech

This is such a terrible pokemon. Outspeeds you by 1 point and puts you to sleep. Guaranteed sleep on it's counter + Substitute protecting it once it's foe awakens meeans you might actually have some trouble countering it(Not likely though)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
This is a bad set...I wish I could have put on five moves or something. Would have been better then. Oh well, it gets the job done.

vs. Marowak

Mantine@Leftovers
Bold/Water Absorb
252 HP/252 DEF/4 SATK
Surf
Hidden Power - Ground
Aqua Ring
Substitute

Like I said...bad set. You can 4HKO me at best; 3HKO at best with swords dance. I outspeed and 2HKO you with surf.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Vs.- Oh, come on. Pelipper would have done that much better. Versus Mantine:

Tropius w/Focus Sash
Adamant/Chlorophyll
200 Atk./ 150 Def./160 Sp. Def.
+ Sunny Day
+ Outrage
+ Earthquake
+ Leech Seed
Assuming that you start with Substitute, the Focus Sash should remain unbroken for the next counter. OutCARUDAKARUDAKARUDAKARUDARage!

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
V. Tropius:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Timid/Snow Warning
4 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Substitute
Leech Seed
Ice Beam
Focus punch

If I switch into Sunny Day, I survive 2 Outrages and 2HKO with Ice Beam (because of sash). If I switch into anything else, Hail breaks your sash and I 1HKO with Ice beam. Immune to leech seed.

Ice beam is for the accuracy in the sun.

WouW

Smash Lord
Vs. Armaldo:

Gorebyss @ Expert Belt
Modest/Swift Swim
252SpA/52HP/204Spe
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power Grass
Ice Beam

EV'd to take a 5-hit Rock Blast with max damage factoring in hail, and OHKOs.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Hail is no longer active.

EDIT:

Vs. Gorebyss:
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Timid/Natural Cure
252 Hp/4 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Seed Flare
HP Fire
Substitute
Leech Seed

Survives an ice beam and 1HKOs with Seed Flare.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:evil:
I'M BACK! MUHAHAHAHA!

Thank you for making the counter to Phoenix as quick as possible. I hoped no one would go about some long poison or burn strategy or anything. Just quick and to the point with Hitmonlee. I thank you.

Also, I might start having a Yellow Font with :flame: at the beginning and end. What do you think?

As for this counter, I feel that you should have been expecting this.

Lunatone@LifeOrb
Timid/Levitate
6hp/252specialattack/252speed
Calm-Mind
Hidden-Power-Rock
Earth-Power
Signal-Beam

I'm not expecting to outspeed you. Then again, I don't need to. Uneved, Lunatone counters.
FireBlast won't be a 2 hit kill, even if Lunatone suffers Life-Orb Damage.
AirSlash has even less chances of killing.
Hidden-Power-Ground does nothing.
And Willo-Wisp doesn't reduce Lunatone's special attack. The damage is unremarked.

Calm-Mind is to let Lunatone power-up for the next counter.
Un-Eved Hidden-Power-Rock is a guaranted instant kill, even without the Life-Orb.
Earth-Power keeps steel types and rock types at bay.
Signal-Beam keeps Psychic, Grass, and Ghost types at bay.

There isn't a single Pokemon that is capable of resisting this combination of attacks, but I'm sure something that will be either using an item to get past a super effective hit then outspeeding and instantly killing, or something that takes just neutral damage and then kills will do the job just fine.

A Random Question about the rules for Pokemon to be eligable for the Counter-Game. Would Non-Fully-Evolved Pokemon still be alowed. I was tempted to give Dusclops or Electabuzz a try, but didn't know if Non-Fully-Evolved Pokemon were allowed.

I hate Slow-Songs. They make you say the corniest, cheesiest things when you're dancing with your best friend, and they make you do the most cliche things that leave you unable to sleep for 5 hours wondering (WHY THE HECK DID I JUST DO THAT TO HER!?! THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!). Other than that, my senior prom was perfect. I liked the Egyptian Theme.

:evil:

WouW

Smash Lord
Do that yellow font. PLEASE.

Vs. Lunatone:

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Adamant/Swift Swim
252Atk/80HP/176Spe
Aqua Tail
Crunch
Iron Tail
Waterfall

Survives and OHKOs.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Man, everyone hated the Black text that much? Racists. :p But seriously, what do you think of this style? Does it still match me?

Back to the game, YOU HAD THAT COPIED AND READY TO PASTE! YOU KNEW WHAT WAS COMING, AND HAD IT PREPARED! ADMIT IT!

And Holy SHIZ IT'S A 4 MOVE CHOICE-BAND SET! SHAZAM! You were just waiting to pull that out of your ash, weren't you?

Electrode@LifeOrb
Modest/Soundproof
252hp/124defense/124specialattack
Thunderbolt
Charge
HiddenPowerGrass
HyperBeam

Crapy set, but I had to improvise.... Thankfully, it still works, since Floatzel's strongest move (Stab-Aqua Tail) will never 1 hit kill Electrode, and Electrode naturally outspeeds it to perform an instant kill.

Still, this set just plain sucks. Electrode's moves are so shallow... if it could learn Ice-Beam, it might risk being placed in the S-Rank, being so fast and strong... but with mainly Electric and Normal moves, poor Electrode is best being a suicide bomber...

And again, would Non-Fully-Evolved Pokemon be allowed to join in? Or do they have to specifically be in the B-Rank and Limbo-Rank?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Man, everyone hated the Black text that much? Racists. :p But seriously, what do you think of this style? Does it still match me?

Back to the game, YOU HAD THAT COPIED AND READY TO PASTE! YOU KNEW WHAT WAS COMING, AND HAD IT PREPARED! ADMIT IT!

And Holy SHIZ IT'S A 4 MOVE CHOICE-BAND SET! SHAZAM! You were just waiting to pull that out of your ash, weren't you?

Electrode@LifeOrb
Modest/Soundproof
252hp/124defense/124specialattack
Thunderbolt
Charge
HiddenPowerGrass
HyperBeam

Crapy set, but I had to improvise.... Thankfully, it still works, since Floatzel's strongest move (Stab-Aqua Tail) will never 1 hit kill Electrode, and Electrode naturally outspeeds it to perform an instant kill.

Still, this set just plain sucks. Electrode's moves are so shallow... if it could learn Ice-Beam, it might risk being placed in the S-Rank, being so fast and strong... but with mainly Electric and Normal moves, poor Electrode is best being a suicide bomber...

And again, would Non-Fully-Evolved Pokemon be allowed to join in? Or do they have to specifically be in the B-Rank and Limbo-Rank?

Yes, you can use non-evolved pokemon. I do believe someone used Gastly somewhere in the first few pages.

vs. Electrode

Camerupt@Life Orb
Brave/Solid Rock
180 ATK/252 SATK/76 SDEF
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Hidden Power - Grass
Stone Edge

I'm pretty sure I've used a set like this before, but it works so well in this spot that I figured hey why not? Only hyper beam 2HKOs me, but due to recharge I'd live and 1HKO you.

WouW

Smash Lord
Vs. Camerupt:

Wailord @ Life Orb
Modest/Water Veil
252HP/252SpA/4Spe
Water Spout
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric

I have way too much HP to be KOed.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
zapdos@life orb
mild/pressure
200HP/252SpAtk/58Spe
-thunder
-charge
-sub
-HP grass

Im pretty sure this works, but don't kill me if it doesn't

WouW

Smash Lord
Reaps, Da-D-Mon recently changed his color from black to yellow.

Also, is that you or Umbreon referencing Air Man Cannot Be Defeated everywhere in the stickies?

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Vs Mini-Kyogre:
Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Careful/Swift Swim
252 HP/76 Atk/216 Sp.Def
Leech Seed
Protect
Toxic
Fire Punch

You can only hit me for max 28.85%. With Leech Seed + leftovers I heal almost 25% a turn. Add in Toxic, Protect, and life orb recoil, and you go down pretty quickly.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Hey Reaper, before I post a counter to WouW's Ninetails, what is the rule on hypnosis/sleep? I really wanna use a Dream Eater set, but I dont know if you want hypnosis banned or limited....

I think WouW had a good idea- assume sleep for 2 turns or wake up on second or 3rd turn or something like that, but I would like to know before I throw up the set.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Hey Reaper, before I post a counter to WouW's Ninetails, what is the rule on hypnosis/sleep? I really wanna use a Dream Eater set, but I dont know if you want hypnosis banned or limited....

I think WouW had a good idea- assume sleep for 2 turns or wake up on second or 3rd turn or something like that, but I would like to know before I throw up the set.
Because it was never disputed or clarified after he posted that as an option, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that WouW's idea is the ruling on that. It's not like anyone will dispute you otherwise. :)

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
I feel like it's too much to force yet another video game meme. Against Ninetales:

Dewgong w/Ganlon Berry
Careful/Thick Fat
190 Atk./ 160 Def./100 Sp. Def./ 60 Speed
+ Natural Gift
+ Double-Edge
+ Aqua Jet
+ Encore
Interestingly enough, Natural Gift is Dewgong's strongest Ice-type STAB move. As for Shashin...I steal your counter.

WouW

Smash Lord
Walrein @ Leftovers
Careful/Thick Fat
252HP/252SpD/4Atk
Curse
Rest
Avalanche
Earthquake

Interestingly enough, Natural Gift, Dewgong's strongest Ice-type STAB move (Blizzard much?) does 2% damage at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom