• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Counter Game: Read the **** Rules or the Thread Get's Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouW

Smash Lord
-GALLADE
-REGICE
-CLAYDOL
-MR. MIME
-JYNX
-YANMEGA
-PERSIAN
-BLAZIKEN
-MEDICHAM
-SLAKING
-UMBREON
-MILOTIC
-LUDICOLO
-SCEPTILE
-PORYGON2
-STEELIX
-EXEGGUTOR
-CLOYSTER
-CHARIZARD
-MAROWAK
-MILTANK
-LAPRAS
-TAUROS
-WEEZING
-GOLEM
-JUMPLUFF

all of these pokemon were once OU in a specific Time. In fact, some pokemon even today were once BL and then moved to OU (Rhyperior, Empoleon, Smeargle) and Vise versa (Gallade, Yanmega[UU though], Raikou).
So what? We counter using the (at the point of countering) current tier list. I don't care if a poké was OU, and I don't care if a poké I use could be OU in the next list.

Also, I doubt pokés like Golem, Jumpluff, Miltank, Marowak, Charizard, Cloyster, Steelix, Jynx and quite a few others were ever OU. (Unless you take into account previous games, but then you're a ****ing ******.)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why on earth would someone come running to a newb who posts in red font because two Pokemon were moved into UU?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Vs. Ludicolo:

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Modest/Overgrow
Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder
Hidden Power Ice
Sludge Bomb
:flame:
Sorry.... You seem to be lacking some EVs....

Noctowl @ LifeOrb
Modest/Insomnia
6hp/252specialattack/252speed
Air Slash
Hidden Power Ground
Roost
Hypnosis

Noctowl can live through 2 Hidden Power Ices and the LifeOrb recoil, then Roost, and then finish with another AirSlash. Hidden Power Ground is their for coverage, and Hypnosis is good at stoping possible counters.

I wonder what's gonna happen next?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
True, and you probably were expecting this.

Torkal @ Leftovers
Relaxed/WhiteSmoke
252hp/124attack/124specialattack
FlameThrower
Curse
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Can take 2 of any of your attacks, and instantly kills with either FlameThrower or StoneEdge. Poor Santa-Claus. I had a dream he fell on the little fire-place pointy log moving sharp stick thing... now I'm the one commanding a Pokemon to do it. I also seem to be very fond of Curse.

Is Blizzard considered a good move to use, outside of Hail Teams? People seem to like FireBlast and Thunder, so just saying...

WouW

Smash Lord
Thunder is only used on Rain Dance Teams (and Ubers), and Fire Blast has 85 accuracy which is a lot better than 70. Having nearly 1/3 chance of missing is risky, so most people just use Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

IC3R

Smash Lord
There's actually a Clause I recall from the other Counter Games that stated if a move has at least 50% Acc, then it is guaranteed to hit on the switch-in. So, Thunder and Blizzard are guaranteed to hit...

"Eye of the Tiger", I believe...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
There's actually a Clause I recall from the other Counter Games that stated if a move has at least 50% Acc, then it is guaranteed to hit on the switch-in. So, Thunder and Blizzard are guaranteed to hit...

"Eye of the Tiger", I believe...
I'm not sure about that, or else Machamp wouldn't be the only user of Dynamic Punch, and Zap-Cannon would recieve much more use. 70% I'd understand, since that's a passing grade, but not 50%.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Actually IC3R is right, it's the hit once, miss once thing for dynamic punch and zap-cannon, though I don't see why you'd use them when there's moves like Focus Punch and Thunder out there >_>
Well I would use Zap Cannon and Dynamic Punch because they both induce a status. It can be somewhat tough to make a counter when you know your taking damage and getting confused / paralyzed on the switch.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also, regarding Ninterror's discussion.
It's called a Troll people, don't feed them.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Why? Trolls need food too.. they just eat bigger portions...

But if ZapCannon and Dynamic Punch both hit once every two turns, what is the fate of Blizzard and Thunder?

COUNTER TORKAL, NEXT POSTER, DARN IT!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Kingler @ Leftovers
Jolly/HyperCutter
4hp/252attack/252speed
Sword Dance
Crab Hammer
Return
Brick Break

What kind of Rhyno gets overpowered by a Crab?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Fair enough...

I've always wanted to do this.
PIKACHU! I CHOOSE YOU!

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Timid/Static
4hp/134specialattack/120specialdefense/252speed
NastyPlot
Thunderbolt
GrassKnot
HiddenPowerIce

Just enough "bulk" to live through Surf (which is your strongest move), then defeats with Thunderbolt.

This should be quick, but still, I am the first person to submit a Pikachu, aren't I?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How do you beat a clam?
With a fricking bird.
Pelipper@Leftovers
Calm/Keen Eye
236HP/100Def/120Sp.Def/52Sp.Atk
Toxic
Air Slash
Surf
Roost

Inb4 Lanturn

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Dude, I even decided to go google a damage calculator when you first questioned this. A Modest Clamperl with 172 Special Attack Evs and the DeepSeaTooth will do the following damage to a Timid Pikachu with 146 Special Defense stats and the Light Ball:

STAB-Surf:At best, 98%, at worst, 83%.
Blizzard:At best, 82%, at worst, 69%.
HiddenPower(Grass):At best, 48%, at wost, 41%.
Iron Defense:As far as I know, this can't do damage...

Unless there is something wrong with both the calculations based on the Pokemon Damge Formula, and the Libelldra Forge Damage Calculator (which I might use from now on, since it's so easy), or unless I'm making an obvious error, I don't see how you can kill Pikachu on the switch. Surf gets close, but still doesn't do it. Pikachu has no problem doing so, however.

We are still talking about a 252hp/84defense/172specialattack ev'ed Modest Clamperl holding the DeepSeaTooth, who would have the stats of 274hp, 249specialattack, 146specialdefense, and 100speed,

verses a 4hp/134specialattack/120specialdefense/252speed ev'ed Timid Pikachu holding the LightBall, who would have the stats of 212hp, 169specialattack, 146specialdefense, and 306speed, correct?

If I'm wrong, or oversiting something very obvious in the stats and damage calculation, I'm going to cut myself before reposting another counter.

WouW

Smash Lord
Dude, I even decided to go google a damage calculator when you first questioned this. A Modest Clamperl with 172 Special Attack Evs and the DeepSeaTooth will do the following damage to a Timid Pikachu with 146 Special Defense Evs and the Light Ball:

STAB-Surf:At best, 98%, at worst, 83%.
Blizzard:At best, 82%, at worst, 69%.
HiddenPower(Grass):At best, 48%, at wost, 41%.
Iron Defense:As far as I know, this can't do damage...

Unless there is something wrong with both the calculations based on the Pokemon Damge Formula, and the Libelldra Forge Damage Calculator (which I might use from now on, since it's so easy), or unless I'm making an obvious error, I don't see how you can kill Pikachu on the switch. Surf gets close, but still doesn't do it. Pikachu has no problem doing so, however.

We are still talking about a 252hp/84defense/172specialattack ev'ed Modest Clamperl holding the DeepSeaTooth, who would have the stats of 274hp, 249specialattack, 146specialdefense, and 100speed,

verses a 4hp/134specialattack/120specialdefense/252speed ev'ed Timid Pikachu holding the LightBall, who would have the stats of 212hp, 169specialattack, 146specialdefense, and 306speed, correct?

If I'm wrong, or oversiting something very obvious in the stats and damage calculation, I'm going to cutmyself before reposting another counter.

Recently I noticed that Libelldra doesn't calc in the double damage bonus from DeepSeaTooth (which is weird since Light Ball does work).

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Recently I noticed that Libelldra doesn't calc in the double damage bonus from DeepSeaTooth (which is weird since Light Ball does work).
That's something I should have checked then. I'll go cut myself now, and be back with a counter.

Edit:I'll cut myself later. Counter now. PIKACHU, TAKE THESE NEW EVS AND A THUNDERSTONE!

Raichu @ Wise Glasses
Timid/Static
114specialattack/144specialdefense/252speed
NastyPlot
Thunderbolt
GrassKnot
HiddenPowerIce

This one should work. I decided to calculate it with a 2x typing, to account for the DeepSeaTooth.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
@Raichu

Aggron@Focus Sash
Relaxed/Rock Head
252 Atk/252 Hp/4 Def/0 Speed IV
-Metal Burst
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Focus Punch

Can OHKO with Earthquake, or take any of your attacks and counter with Metal Burst.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You still have a very high chance of getting OHKO'd by surf.

For the ****ing clam

Milotic@Leftovers
Calm/Marvel Scale
252Hp/252SpDef/SpAtk
-Recover
-HP Electric
-Surf
-Ice Beam

There, something NOT 2HKO'd by your stupid little clam.

Just kidding clamperl, you know I love you

Edit: Counter above me fails, gets 2HKO'd by Thunderbolt on the switch.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
You still have a very high chance of getting OHKO'd by surf.

For the ****ing clam

Milotic@Leftovers
Calm/Marvel Scale
252Hp/252SpDef/SpAtk
-Recover
-HP Electric
-Surf
-Ice Beam

There, something NOT 2HKO'd by your stupid little clam.

Just kidding clamperl, you know I love you

I plugged this one in again, this time again using a 2x Weakness as well as Stab, and Clamperl only gets to like 260 damage. I would have exactly 1 point of health left, which is more than enough to easily outspeed, and instantly kill with Thunderbolt. Does Clamperl have a close chance of killing me in 1 hit? Yes. Is there a FULL chance of him killing me? Not as far as I know. And I'm pretty sure I didn't make the mistake this time. If I am still missing something obvious, let me know, so I can cut myself more, but this time, it should have worked. Again, it would be by the skin of his teeth, but it should have worked. Raichu should be the current counter still, except that Aggron could counter it. Although when you think about it, Milotic probably works against Aggron too, for that matter. I just want it known that Raichu should not have been oversited so easily.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
My mistake, I used 114 EV's for SpDef not 144, but 108% is still the max.

This is clamperl, with a special attack stat of 542 hitting a Raichu with 261 HP and 232 SpDef with surf.
Isn't double 249 = 498, which wouldn't be enough hitting Raichu to ensure the win?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
T'is okay. Even people as smart as you guys miss things 1 or 2 times in your careers.

You didn't miss the Aggron part though. A NastyPlot Thunderbolt (or 2 Thunderbolts) does indeed take out Aggron, and he has no hope of moving faster than me to outspeed with Earthquake. So, is Raichu still standing (not for long though, I'll bet)?

I'm just glad that people know that this counter works, and didn't ignore it, the way you guys ignored the Hariyama set that countered the first Choice Eruption Typhlosion (the one that ONLY knew Eruption).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@Raichu: (Right?)

Abomasnow@Choice Scarf
Hasty/Snow Warning
252Atk/4Sp.A/252Spe
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Focus Punch

Took me a whole 10 seconds to get that. Pretty much a resist party.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
14) For Choiced movesets, make sure that ALL moves work against what it's supposed to counter. For example, don't post a Choiced Slaking with Shadow Claw on something like Lopunny, as Shadow Claw would not be able to beat the previous counter.
Is this rule suppost to be permanently ignored now? If not, then that counter can't work, since (as a slower Pokemon), Choiced-Focus Punch is Epic Fail...

I think the rule should be reworked that only the moves that actually counter the enemy Pokemon can be included on a choice set, since this counter does work with Blizzard, Earthquake and WoodHammer...

I'll counter those moves, since again, Focus Punch does not defeat Raichu.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Modest/Levitate
252hp/80specialattack/178specialdefense
FlameThrower
Thunderbolt
HiddenPowerIce
SludgeBomb

Floats over Earthquake, ev'ed to take Blizzard, naturally takes WoodHammer easily, Leftovers make the Snow useless to him (although it hurts other counters), and Flamethrower is an instant kill.

Moves are to deter counters, with absolutely nothing being able to completely wall this spread (although something will have enough bulk to come in on one move and then counter).

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Lol, I like how you say "I'll ignore focus punch" then pick a pokemon that perfectly beats Focus Punch.
Even Caterpie beats Focus Punch... but still, should that rule be altered that only the moves that counter the pokemon before hand effect the new counter? Or something like that?

When will someone counter this? They will need either Leftovers or BlackSludgde, or else they will have only 7/8ths of their hp by the second turn, not counting the possiility of one of my attacks damaging them.

NEXT POSTER MUST COUNTER WEEZING, DARN IT! LETS GET THIS GAME MOVING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom