• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Console Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Why do people hate Wii Fit? Watch these trailers and try telling me it isn't pretty neat.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28886.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28373.html
I'm rather self conscious about working out around other people, other than running, just because my upper body strength is rather lacking and I find it embarassing, so if wii fit can properly monitor my pushups, I'm all for it.

Also, it's neat to have interactive Yoga.

Of course, I still have my own free weights and a pullup bar to work with, so wii fit would only be a supplement to those.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
This entire thread is going nowhere. The best video game platform is the PC: The most games, the most gamers, the most well established and varied online configuration, a platform that stays on the bleeding edge of technology, or lags behind at a fraction of the cost based on the whims and wallets of the players, the most portable platform (laptops), the best modding communities constantly providing new content, the most and best methods for voice communication and other clan/guild/team functions, the most accurate and customizable method of control in the form of mouse and keyboard, an infinite number of peripherals for those looking for a change (but not looking to be forced into one), and free games liken to those sold on Xbox Live Arcade.

Sure, it's a bit more expensive, but when you weigh the benefits against the costs, a capable PC comes out similar to an Xbox or PS3 and a 720p TV (or less), and you get all the other functions that come with computers. (Can't photoshop Brawl hoaxes on an Xbox, can you?)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's no doubt that PC reigns supreme if you can afford to go all out, but as Cashed said this is about consoles.

If it makes you feel any better I plan to spend a couple thousand on my custom built when I get a job

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Alright sweet thanks...

Looks like my predictions (That I posted in another forum) came out true in the end.

Wii > 360 > PS3 (In terms of sales anyway)

-Onyx

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm rather self conscious about working out around other people, other than running, just because my upper body strength is rather lacking and I find it embarassing, so if wii fit can properly monitor my pushups, I'm all for it.

Also, it's neat to have interactive Yoga.

Of course, I still have my own free weights and a pullup bar to work with, so wii fit would only be a supplement to those.
I'm sure lots of people will buy it as an exercise tool, but I'm personally more interested in things like the skiing and tightrope walking games. They look pretty fun to me. But if I were going to get an yoga/exercise tool, this would definitely be it.

I still don't get why people hate it so.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Didn't say it was over, just I said something a few months ago in a different forum where the sales would be around now.

But if you all want to take it that way sure.

-Onyx

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
Do you want a fundament? OK

- In this era, the video games companies, are trying to fool us, specifically Sony and Microsoft. Basically they are trying to say: good graphics = good games. The Xbox 360 and the Ps3, have the ultimate technology and all the stuff, they have hard disk, some have blue-ray, some have excellent graphics, etc...
But these both companies have lost something very important: the fun factor. Nintendo has always cared for their public, and they don't launch games for selling only, and one fine example of this are the 'actualizations' of some games that I will not mention, but you may imagine them. For me, and for most the people, video-games consoles are used for video-game playing, but some people want the last technology in they console. If I want to see a DVD movie, I see it in a DVD player, not in a Xbox, If I want to listen to the music, I listen it in a MP3 player, not in a Ps3...
The Wii knows the true video-gamers needs...have you all thought this? What is the main purpose of video-games? To entertain. So Nintendo Wii does fulfill this. One big example is SSBM - its factor fun, its awesome.
I will mention a game: GTA. That game does not entertain me at all. You can ride a car, you can run everywhere, use weapons, have simulated sex, etc...ok. Some people say: 'This game is great because its so real'...but where is the fun? If its that real, its boring then...supposedly one of the reasons we all play games is because its something we cant do in real life. Its boring to see how I do things in a game I can do any time, because I mean, its stupid.
By the way, I never laughed with a GTA game, which it means it does not entertain...Not like a Mario Party game, or Mario Kart.
To finish, all the other consoles have always copied Nintendo...
Nintendo was the first to use Vibrating controls, Wireless Controls, etc.
Not to mention all the biggest projects have been copied or ripped off Nintendo:
MGS started in Nintendo, FF started in Nintendo, Street Fighter started in Nintendo...
AH! I remember Microsoft buying Rare...was the intent of them being like Nintendo?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So, you're saying that there are no fun games besides the ones on the Wii, and every other console ever is useless?

Also, Nintendo SOLD Rare to Microsoft, and it seemse to me that you've never played a GTA game like GTA III.

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
So, you're saying that there are no fun games besides the ones on the Wii, and every other console ever is useless?

Also, Nintendo SOLD Rare to Microsoft, and it seemse to me that you've never played a GTA game like GTA III.
Basically yes, thats what I said, but there are some exceptions obviously...
I remember there were very good games to PlayStation, like Chrono Cross, and Xenosaga...
But I don't remember me playing a good Xbox game...
Well, not a good enough like a Zelda game at least.

By the way, I have played that GTA game.

(I expected a better argument)

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
Do you want a fundament? OK

- In this era, the video games companies, are trying to fool us, specifically Sony and Microsoft. Basically they are trying to say: good graphics = good games. The Xbox 360 and the Ps3, have the ultimate technology and all the stuff, they have hard disk, some have blue-ray, some have excellent graphics, etc...
But these both companies have lost something very important: the fun factor. Nintendo has always cared for their public, and they don't launch games for selling only, and one fine example of this are the 'actualizations' of some games that I will not mention, but you may imagine them. For me, and for most the people, video-games consoles are used for video-game playing, but some people want the last technology in they console. If I want to see a DVD movie, I see it in a DVD player, not in a Xbox, If I want to listen to the music, I listen it in a MP3 player, not in a Ps3...
The Wii knows the true video-gamers needs...have you all thought this? What is the main purpose of video-games? To entertain. So Nintendo Wii does fulfill this. One big example is SSBM - its factor fun, its awesome.
I will mention a game: GTA. That game does not entertain me at all. You can ride a car, you can run everywhere, use weapons, have simulated sex, etc...ok. Some people say: 'This game is great because its so real'...but where is the fun? If its that real, its boring then...supposedly one of the reasons we all play games is because its something we cant do in real life. Its boring to see how I do things in a game I can do any time, because I mean, its stupid.
By the way, I never laughed with a GTA game, which it means it does not entertain...Not like a Mario Party game, or Mario Kart.
To finish, all the other consoles have always copied Nintendo...
Nintendo was the first to use Vibrating controls, Wireless Controls, etc.
Not to mention all the biggest projects have been copied or ripped off Nintendo:
MGS started in Nintendo, FF started in Nintendo, Street Fighter started in Nintendo...
AH! I remember Microsoft buying Rare...was the intent of them being like Nintendo?
Well said and i agree, though i'm not a fan-boy i played the ps2 only (odd time gamecube) last generation but really last gen i played footy games and MGS3 and thats it lol GTA are good untill the story becomes so far fetched i just give up (i have completed all GTA's though, 3 being the best) and see how long i can last on full stars, yes sometimes the game is fun, usually when you find a glitch or something though. Also there is no racing game to rival Mario Kart -Fact- (in my opinion lol).

The "wii is babyish" argument is what really annoys me though it's not, some games are abusing the motion sensor but shooting games on wii are closest to rivaling the great pc FPS, MP3 shows how shooting games can be done. Online may be bad on wii but if i want other humans to play with i'll get my bro or friends over, and online is welcomed aswell anyway, i use it on MSC lots.

Aswell, on the wii i can avtually play with my little brother, older, mum, dad heck on christmas and stuff my granny and aunts were playing, where as on the PS3 or 36, only my older brother would be playing with me.

Oh and by the way on the other consoles there are some fun games obiously, but i am yet to play one on the PS3 but 360 does have some good games, i'll admit but unlike most people i don't need another console with my wii for 2 reasons:
1. Wii is fun enough
2. My mum wouldn't let me lol

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
Online may be bad on wii but if i want other humans to play with i'll get my bro or friends over, and online is welcomed aswell anyway, i use it on MSC lots.
Aswell, on the wii i can avtually play with my little brother, older, mum, dad heck on christmas and stuff my granny and aunts were playing, where as on the PS3 or 36, only my older brother would be playing with me.l
I don't think online playing is bad in Wii: If a friend cant come to me house, for a quick battle in Pokemon Battle Revolution, for example, we can still battle using wi-fi.
What's the problem with Friend Codes?

And obviously Wii is not limited to young gamers, because its designed for all the people who wants to people. Nintendo thought in all the people.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
if any thing your the reason not a single person should buy a wii. never thought i would say this, but your worse than spicy the ninja at Gamefaqs. let me tell you something, almost all of the people i know say the wii is a pile of ****. fun, what nintendo game was fun, when did they tke care of anyone but themselves? and copied, nintendo is more guilty of that than anyone, company or not. there is a reason FF isn't released for nintendo, nintendo can't keep there eyes of the ****ing past.
fanboys like you deserve to be removed from gaming. regardless of what they are a fanboy of. unfortunatly there almost all nintendo kiddi dambasses

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Blazer, Square-enix, why do people feel the need to put down other consoles? People have different likes and dislikes, so just because you prefer what one console has to offer over another doesn't mean everyone has to feel the same way.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It depends on the game, to be honest. I love some really simplistic games that are pretty kiddy as long as they are fun, but sometimes I like a touch of authenticity and plausibility to games, even if it's just in their own universe.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't mind kiddy, but when kiddy is the only thing available it becomes annoying and overbearing. Right now I honestly have to say I wish I had a 360 instead of the Wii. No disrespect to the other consoles own, but 360 has the between price, best online and most quality games right now.

I'm really sick of Nintendo and when I got my Wii I remembered why. Almost every first party they bring sees delay after delay like LoZ: TP, I was so happy that I would get it for my birthday [or dam near enough to warrant it as a gift] then a few week before, BOOM, delayed for a year onto their next console. Right now I can't even think of 20 games I'd buy for Wii, after the first party stuff there's nothing much for me. Please don't Zack and Wii or Mushroom men or any obscure titles like that because I have hardly seen anything regarding those games.

Also, don't reply to this as an argument, because it isn't. It's just how I feel about this whole thing right now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I love posts like Square-enix's, where it comes down to "My opinion is fact."

I don't understand why Volrec brought up the "kiddie =/= good" thing, but some kiddie games are fantastic. Viva Pinata on the 360 was the game I had the most fun with in 2006. Viva Pinata.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I have an analogy I'm very proud of. It's about console wars and i thought of this thread, regardless of how well the participants are getting along or how rational the discussion is.

Console wars are like taking the jehovah's witnesses and splitting them into three sects and having them knock on each other's doors. You are preaching to people who won't be converted.

So flame me all you want, i just thought it was funny and accurate. Carry on.

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
Nintendo is not for kids, and if you don't like them, don't use a Nintendo pictures there....
Dunno why people that say Nintendo is this and that are in a Smash forum....

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Nintendo is not for kids, and if you don't like them, don't use a Nintendo pictures there....
Dunno why people that say Nintendo is this and that are in a Smash forum....
A lot of us were Nintendo fanboys at one point, but have since moved on to other areas of gaming.

And yes, the Wii is outselling everything. They sold an estimated 16 million units in 2007, the 360 8 million, and the PS3 7.5 million. Once again to be clear, those are sales in 2007, not lifetime sales.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Consoles sales don't mean jack when you have hardly anything to play. With PS3 and Xbox 360, you have the best 3rd parties and solid first parties to back it up but with Wii it's pretty much only first party doing anything good.

Inb4listof3rdpartygames:

I want the 3rd party games the other consoles are getting, not some minigame compilation or port with motion sensing tacked on.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Consoles sales don't mean jack when you have hardly anything to play. With PS3 and Xbox 360, you have the best 3rd parties and solid first parties to back it up but with Wii it's pretty much only first party doing anything good.

Inb4listof3rdpartygames:

I want the 3rd party games the other consoles are getting, not some minigame compilation or port with motion sensing tacked on.
No More Heroes agree: http://kotaku.com/345855/third-party-wii-games-arent-selling

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Inb4listof3rdpartygames:

1) Super Mario Galaxy
2) The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
4) Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
5) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
6) Super Paper Mario
7) Super Mario Strikers: Charged
8) Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
9) Battaleon War 2
10) Metal of Honor Heroes 2
11) Guitar Hero 3
12) Geometry Wars Galaxies
13) Zack and Wiki
14) No More Heroes (Just released)
15) Trauma Center
16) Trauma Center: Second Opinion
17) Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
18) Wii Sports (Bowling is fun)
19) Endless Ocean
20) The Wii Virtual Console (ie: 200+ downloadable retro games)

Not bad for a one year old console. There are a ton of quality games to play on Wii. However, they don't appeal to everyone. If don't like what the Wii has to offer, then it is not the console for you: plain and simple. But the reason you dislike it is not because it is a bad system, but because you want it to be something that it is not.

Speaking personally, I wish I had enough free time and money to play all the awesome games the Wii has to offer. As it stands, I hope to get through my Christmas games before Brawl comes out.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
With the average Wii owner having 3 games, not really. People are buying the console, not so much the games.
Not everyone has the time (or money) to buy one or two games per month. Props to the 360 for attracting those people who can, but you don't have to play your system every day to enjoy videogames or for your opinion to be valid.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
In the end Wii is only a side console, kinda like Gamecube was. If devs realize their games aren't selling no matter what they do they'll just focus on other consoles and leave Wii to the lazy devs that make the minigame compilations, so Wii owners end up losing out.

Wii has potential but Nintendo's marketing strategy turned the console into a spur of the moment buy for kids and adults. When games like Zelda and Mario aren't selling well [4 million out of 20 million consoles is decent, but these are 1st parties here] it's a clear indication that something is wrong. Those people who were targeted by the ads bought the console and bought one or two games and that was it, they probably forgot they even had a Wii.

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
1) Super Mario Galaxy
2) The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
4) Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
5) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
6) Super Paper Mario
7) Super Mario Strikers: Charged
8) Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
9) Battaleon War 2
10) Metal of Honor Heroes 2
11) Guitar Hero 3
12) Geometry Wars Galaxies
13) Zack and Wiki
14) No More Heroes (Just released)
15) Trauma Center
16) Trauma Center: Second Opinion
17) Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
18) Wii Sports (Bowling is fun)
19) Endless Ocean
20) The Wii Virtual Console (ie: 200+ downloadable retro games)

Not bad for a one year old console. There are a ton of quality games to play on Wii. However, they don't appeal to everyone. If don't like what the Wii has to offer, then it is not the console for you: plain and simple. But the reason you dislike it is not because it is a bad system, but because you want it to be something that it is not.

Speaking personally, I wish I had enough free time and money to play all the awesome games the Wii has to offer. As it stands, I hope to get through my Christmas games before Brawl comes out.

Well said! That's an awesome list of games.
I have nothing more to tell you now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom