• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New and Twice Improved NC Brocator Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wait...

What I'm saying is that the stickies won't be helping newcomers find anything since they generally don't learn to read the stickies right away (when we need them to).

As long as we keep our thread bumped though, they can see that and go right to it if they stumble across the appropriate regional zone.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Or....if they stumble upon the NC chat thread everyone can say "Hey, sign up in this thread so we know where you are" and then we don't have the spam problem ;)

Also, people need to read stickies :mad:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
It's bad because allowing one thread to spam to keep it up at the top of the forum means other threads can do the same...which replaces yours at the top and then nothing is solved.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No one else really spams like we do though.

And just kick out old tournament threads or whatever and I'm sure there'll be enough room on the first page.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think it's kind of foolish and senseless to argue with you, Virgilijus, but there are other locator threads that "chat" the same way we do. For example, take a look at the Connecticut thread and tell me if they stay on topic.

It's inhumane to strictly talk about smash related things in here all the time, and if you're going to enforce it as such then there's going to be such an imbalance of active social rooms than there are in the actual regional boards. Not that I think that's wrong, but I don't think it's worth it.

Malk

Smash Champion
where do you draw the line between spam and trash talk? if I end every match with

"virgilijus $10 mm at genesis?" will you leave us the **** alone?
Because that's the only discussion that takes place in 'power rankings threads' and 'locator threads' anyway.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bro, this does not stop a mod, who has powers above our own, from coming in and ending the topic if it violates the Terms of Service.

What they say goes. You wanna play rebel? You can get suspended. Just respect his wishes, because they haven't gotten so stern that we can't post anything that can be even remotely off the board description.

:dizzy:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ZIO, I've agreed with most, if not all, of what you've posted in the past, but this is silly.

The mods are here to make sure we get what should get done, right? As long as we get done what we need to get done, why does it matter if we have some fun? Isn't that how it's been for YEARS? What suddenly changed things?

It is getting at least a little tough to breather around here, you must admit.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, things are changing, and it seems the boards rules here are changing too. I think the number of boards users, daily, has been higher than it's ever been. I mean, you have a mod here asking you to stop whatever it is that's going on here. Maybe it's a forewarning before the administrators decide to step in.

I unno :confused:

I mean, I sorta have tried to get marked here, lately. So apparently my method of posting doesn't warrant infractions. Meaning I have room to breath. :laugh:

I'm not saying STOP, just saying respect, bro.

You know?

*edit* virginjilius, $10 mm at genesis? *edit*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh, I respect the mods just fine. I have toned my spamming now when I've been asked to, and I've followed all of the other rules.

I like having fun in this room/thread, but the way it was presented made it seem like we weren't allowed to really enjoy this thread at all anymore, which will hurt our community. How? People that enjoy coming here and talking to just NC will leave. They won't go to the social room, they will think that their rights as posters have been violated and, quite frankly, I can't blame them.

This is not an attack at you at all, ZIO. I understand what you're saying and I respect your judgments on the situation, but I hope a little more thought will be given to how locator threads will be treated before more infraction points are given.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Maybe we can reach a compromise with the mods? But we do have, like, 4 topics that we socialize in this board which they are trying to control.

You know what? I don't care. I don't post here often enough to be worried about CHANGE!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
where do you draw the line between spam and trash talk? if I end every match with

"virgilijus $10 mm at genesis?" will you leave us the **** alone?
Because that's the only discussion that takes place in 'power rankings threads' and 'locator threads' anyway.
MMs and trash talk about when you're going to beat people at a tournament belong in the thread about the tournament. Power Rankings and Locator threads aren't the place for them.

Seriously, Virginjilius, this is how we do things in NC.
And this isn't NC: it's SWF. And when you signed up you agreed to the rules and these are what the rules are now.

The mods are here to make sure we get what should get done, right? As long as we get done what we need to get done, why does it matter if we have some fun? Isn't that how it's been for YEARS? What suddenly changed things?
The mods and admins are here to make an easily acceptable and hospitable place for smashers to find each other, tournaments, and chat. However, we are also responsible for organizing that and making specific places where each of them can be talked about. We created an entire room for exactly this but people don't want to post in it because there is no post count in the room (for very obvious reasons). Why the change? Well, we are under completely new ownership and have had a lot of spam in particular regions which clutters the board. The boards have changed several times over the years and everyone always gets mad at the uprooting of several traditions until those little swells of nostalgia recede. We aren't saying "You can't have fun". We are saying "Here is a special place we made where you can do the exact same thing to a greater degree" and yet people get upset. We aren't being callous with this and are looking after the community despite what you may feel.

Oh, I respect the mods just fine. I have toned my spamming now when I've been asked to, and I've followed all of the other rules.

I like having fun in this room/thread, but the way it was presented made it seem like we weren't allowed to really enjoy this thread at all anymore, which will hurt our community. How? People that enjoy coming here and talking to just NC will leave. They won't go to the social room, they will think that their rights as posters have been violated and, quite frankly, I can't blame them.
I let you guys have a choice to have this thread moved (in whole: all posts exactly the same) to the other room but no one wanted it. Apparently people take post count as something wholly representative of your status on the boards. You can still post in it exactly the same way. Everyone can post in it. It will always be at the top of the social room. If anything, your rights have been improved because now you are allowed to post that way (whereas before for the most part you were just not infracted). The other locator and regional threads are going through the same thing (some all ready have) but it's a staggered process and it reached NC's turn. And as ZIO said, you guys were doing the same thing in the other NC threads as well as other places: it's really not that big of a deal. SoCal handled it well once they realized the social room was what we said it was.

So with that, you guys still have a choice: have this thread moved to the social room and a new locator thread stickied or have this stickied and more heavily moderated for spam. Your guys' choice.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I actually never understood why the locator threads were never moved to the Social room anyway. I don't care either way, but it seemed to make the most sense, given their purpose.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know how to work it, but I'd like to see the same topic in both areas. So that they don't get over looked. BUT, for it to be in a place like this, it'd have to be closed, but the 1st post be editable so that anyone . . . wait . . . that doesn't makes sense. What if new comers want to post in that topic?

We post a link to the social topic. THAT'S IT! Well. That's just my idea.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
A few things:

Malk got himself banned. I feel really bad. I'm not joking about either thing.

I have respect for you, Virgilijus. Please don't get the wrong impression from me. I was merely defending what I believe(d) to be NC's POV concerning the situation.

NC needs to post their thoughts on this issue soon.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I guess I'll just keep getting infractions.

This thread has been to talk to eachother and "locate" and see what everyone is doing.

The spam room is just dumb. Sorry.
And why would posting the same thing and talking to each other and seeing what everyone is doing all of a sudden be dumb because it is in an adjoining room that is still only part of the Atlantic South?

SK919

Deal with it
Yo to the people of Raleigh/Durham. I'll be in that area next weekend and the following week.. I want to get some melee in. Get at me. PM me for more info or talk to me here whatever.

Trying to get good.

Top Bottom