• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not allowed to go that far Mr Sopo.

I'm thinking that, with all of the 0-deaths that you've done to me it would only be fair if I returned a few this time around. Can't wait man!

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
Well, tournaments are over officially. Had 22 people signed up for the singles so we did the usual $100 store credit 1st, $50 store credit 2nd, and $25 store credit third we normally did.

Doubles only had 6 teams (12 players ) so we simply did $40 store credit to 1st, $20 store credit 2nd.

All in all it was a fun day, not our largest turnout for a tournament, but not the smallest either. With what I've got planned the next time I do a Smash tournament (or tournaments) I'm sure a lot more folks will want to travel out. Can you say $500 or more 1st place grand prize? Yeah I'm cooking up something pretty special in my head, =P.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Let's not forget, you out-of-staters, the grand prize is all store credit. Unless I'm mistaken.

Also, let me guess as to who won that one ~ Gerod singles, and the Triforce doubles?

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
If the store credit prize is that much you will get a big turnout for sure. And yes tc got 1st and triforce in teams, i got there to late =(

mickpalmer

Smash Rookie
We might be able to square around cash, the owners are sketchy on it mainly because of how strict the NC law is on cash in gaming tournaments. What constitutes gambling and what doesn't in a 19th century archaic law is up for debate and in many cases tournaments that do offer cash prizes could be considered by local law enforcement as in direct violation of the law and recieve stiff fines and pentalties.

Don't you love living in NC now?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
We might be able to square around cash, the owners are sketchy on it mainly because of how strict the NC law is on cash in gaming tournaments. What constitutes gambling and what doesn't in a 19th century archaic law is up for debate and in many cases tournaments that do offer cash prizes could be considered by local law enforcement as in direct violation of the law and recieve stiff fines and pentalties.

Don't you love living in NC now?
Someone make a motivational poster

NC Smash: High stakes gamblers. >:3

null55

Smash Master
BEHR, when was the last time you played Brawl...

Does anyone in Greensboro prefer Brawl over Melee besides me? This is so horribly ironic...

BEHR

Smash Hero
BEHR, when was the last time you played Brawl...

Does anyone in Greensboro prefer Brawl over Melee besides me? This is so horribly ironic...
umm I think this past Tuesday at a friends house.

I play Both but I like Melee better. ;D

lord karn

Smash Master
i got the vision of a film about what video game characters have been doing since their games and I just thought of king k rool stuck in a drug rehabilitation clinic sliding down the halls on some crazy scooter

make it happen

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Karn, you are truly a visionary. Philosophy class is doing it's job I see.

It's not that I hate Brawl, but I just like Melee more. Much love Brawlers.

Good job on your mini-tourney DH, does this mean you can whup me now?

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I like brawl as much as melee. I'm free random times this week, but the only day I have completely free is wednesday. too bad u have to work behr :(. Anybody who can get to my apt. (near UNCG) I can give a ride home as long as you live within 10 minutes.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I like brawl as much as melee. I'm free random times this week, but the only day I have completely free is wednesday. too bad u have to work behr :(. Anybody who can get to my apt. (near UNCG) I can give a ride home as long as you live within 10 minutes.
Today Maybe? D:

null55

Smash Master
Mexicans, black people, and white people who act like black people... Sounds more like the Lower East Side...

Kidding... Let's just say I'm Hawaiian...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Mexicans, black people, and white people who act like black people... Sounds more like the Lower East Side...

Kidding... Let's just say I'm Hawaiian...
If your Black how do you act Black? D:

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
Attention Smashers Coming To My Place . I Have Bad News , I Came Back And I Got No Electricity Until Tuesday , Now If Peter Allows It We Can Play Smash At His Place And Then Tuesday You Guys Can Come Over And I'd Have Electricity

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
adam , dr.peepee come over monday ... and if we can play smash at peters place we can play there and if its night just sleep over my place or somethin then i'd have elec on tuesday ... then leave wednesday or whenever you intended to leave ... I STILL HOPE YOU GUYS COME !!!!!

Top Bottom