• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Parent johns. They say I can't go cuz I just went to TO4, and that Boone is 2.5 hours from me. They dislike me travelling that close together (time-wise), and dislike me goin that far away as it is.

At least with the possible date change I can clear my schedule beforehand.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Parent johns. They say I can't go cuz I just went to TO4, and that Boone is 2.5 hours from me. They dislike me travelling that close together (time-wise), and dislike me goin that far away as it is.

At least with the possible date change I can clear my schedule beforehand.
Man, your parents remind me of what my parents were like...you have your own car, yes? They don't have to be in the car with you, right? Then it shouldn't be an issue. You're a freaking senior in high school who is obviously reliable since you are taking AP classes (which is awesome, by the way, I took them my junior and senior year, which ones are you taking?). They are being a) over protective, b) controlling, or c) both (not that I know your parents, but from what I hear, they are acting like mine did). You should tell them that you need them to let you grow up and be your own person. They might be trying to wrestle all the control out of you that they can before you go away to college. I mean, you are more mature than a lot of people on here...

Anyway, excess wrath because of relatedness with my parents. But my suggestion still stands.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Firstly, lol Mask. How's your mom btw? Tell her I miss her.

Craaap, I just got called mature...my previous statement makes me look good huh =p?

Those preceding facts in your wall are true.

Err, took AP English last year (made a 4 on the exam), and AP Biology (made a 5. Woo hoo!). Would've taken AP US History except I hate history lol.
This year I'm taking only AP classes. AP English 12(woman teaching is crazy btw. Can elaborate if you want lol), AP Chemistry, AP Psychology (loooooool so easy), and AP Calculus AB (definately my biggest problem. Math is my weak point).

They're not so much controlling as they are worried about me. They want me to focus on school, and are worried that my involvement in smash will decrease my academic performance (not really, as my report cards have shown. Also, logical arguements here have made me think situations through better).

My mom is nice, but she probably wouldn't listen if I told her that. That's just one of those things she will NOT listen to me about. I've tried to get more leniency, but it comes down to them being worried. Money isn't the real problem as I used to think.

I haven't phrased it like that before, but I'm afraid they'd take it in the way suggesting that I'd be trying to go to tournies instead of study in college then. They've already hinted at their concern on that issue.

After this post, CJ made me sad...

LOZR!!!! Teams is all us bro!

Sengin

Smash Ace
Dr.PP: I don't doubt that they are nice, and while it may be true that they are worried about you, it could be that they are using that as an excuse (I know my parents have done that, ugh). You could always use the line: "C'mon, just this once..." or "I'll do <blank> for a week" or something :p

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Good boy BEHR.

Sengin: I'll see what I can do. Remind me of this page closer in the thread closer to tourney time, and I'll at least give it a good shot.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Karn, I've already plotted the weekends (work schedule and all), and it looks like the 24th will be on your weekend. So we could just do that. This also means I probably won't be able to go to TO4 :(. As far as that vacation goes, Adam, we'll see what happens with corresponding tourneys and stuff.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I won't be able to go either.

You're goin to TO4 Lucas bro?
most likely ^^

That half the sentence confuses me. Why can't you go since it's the week after? Would you be all smashed-out or something?
Parent johns like PP. Sorry bro.

whos ready for to4? I think nc will perform very well. Very well indeed
qft

LOZR!!!! Teams is all us bro!
Hey Ali, wanna team? :laugh: but seriously, wanna?

Im seconding D3
Hi BEHR.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ali is teamin with Chaddd.

I can't wait to tear shiz up with LoZR though. Sooo excited cuz I feel like I'll actually do well this time!

Lol @ parent johns. You're gonna make Sengin explode.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
I humbly request some gboro love by someone letting me come down there to smash for a night. Really need to play someone other than the guyz from Texas right now.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What break might you be speaking of, Pp? Cause I don't want to be doing it during this break. Maybe next month??????

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ZIO: I'll get my stuff together this break, and send it to you whenever you want it I guess. It's your project after all, I'm just a helper.

@ CJ: ..............................................................................................................................................................wow.

That's the most you've ever posted on anything that I've seen.

I'm guessing you're completely serious.

Maybe.

If you are, then I have no choice now but to do my absolute best to get shiz worked out with my parents.

Maybe if I can bump up my low calculus grade...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Peepee what do you have in calculus. I **** calculus, but I never do homework so my grades aren't great. I merc tests though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm makin a 91.4 or somethin like that in Calculus. I understand the stuff, but I do dumb things on tests. It's really frustrating...like playing Snake.

Dude Lucas, I know too lol.

Top Bottom