• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
'Not to mention he did do an obvious form of betrayal after defending me through Day 1, at the very beginning of Day 2, he decided that I should be lynched.'
Guus, that's a fair reason? I adressed this point in my big post, so he just admitted to skimming.

Yo mama so dark she spits chocolate milk!

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
However, we need to look at soaring-raptor-blast more. Now he isn't the worst player of the bunch, but I have noticed him being fairly scummy lately. I'll explain:

1. He's basically voting for people just because other people did so. Now he has made some good points, but for the most part, he's just been following the bandwagons, not really providing much to say, which is especially prevailent in earlier posts.

2. Wanting attention. There was one post where he said that he wanted attention. Seriously, trying to get attention is not always a good thing and especially dangerous in Mafia game, where it usually means people think you could be scum. Better to make good posts and be ignored then ask for attention and then not impress people around you.

3. He's been almost useless in Day 2. He was doing okay in Day 1, but not really too good, so I considered him neutral. However, he's gone downhill on Day 2 because none of his post really say anything that contributes to the discussion much. I'd also like to add that he was skimming at the very beginning of Day 2 when he thought Xonar lynched me, when he actually lynched McMaymays.

@soaring-raptor-blast: I want you to successfully challenge my three reasons for me saying you could be scum.
1. show me where I did this. I was one of the first people to suspect you, and the second to suspect xonar (second to mcmaymays.)

2. you're perceptive. it has nothing to do with being scum or not being scum. it's my yo momma joke. and scum don't want attention so using that as a scum tell is really reaching.

3. I'll agree that I haven't presented anything new. I have my people I want lynched and I'm fine with them. I really don't have anything else to say at the moment

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
SSBF said:
That's an fantastic post from Xonar there. You're way down on my scum list.
You say not scum here. You seem say he town. Then you post...

SSBF said:
Still find him scummy despite his excellent massive post.
Contradiction much? You say he scum down here.

D

Deleted member

You say not scum here. You seem say he town. Then you post...

Contradiction much? You say he scum down here.
Just because a person goes way down on my scum list does not mean he is still scummy. Xonar will need to further prove himself to me if he expects a vote removed from me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sorry for not posting in (almost) 48 hours. Usually check everyone's posts individually but since Search is disabled I have to review the thread manually which just doesn't work as well for me. I haven't really found a really solid case on anyone.

D

Deleted member

1. show me where I did this. I was one of the first people to suspect you, and the second to suspect xonar (second to mcmaymays.)
Very early in Day 1. You were not the first person to suspect me. Just because you were the 2nd person to vote me doesn't mean you were the 2nd person to suspect me. The Paprika Killer, SwordRbroken, and Blue Yoshi all suspected me befroe you even gave reasons for voting me.

soaring-raptor-blast said:
2. you're perceptive. it has nothing to do with being scum or not being scum. it's my yo momma joke. and scum don't want attention so using that as a scum tell is really reaching.
no. i just like the attention and no one else will give it to me. if it makes you dead in the face I'd ask ssbf to do it.

besides. you insult people and they dont get dead in the face :bee:

help a brotha out. ****. i aint asking that much
This post made very little sense and confuse me. You don't need attention to be a good player in Mafia games, you just need to try to be a good player in general. Good player comes before attention in Mafia games. And beside, attention is usually not a good thing in Mafia games, especially when it's directed towards you.

3. I'll agree that I haven't presented anything new. I have my people I want lynched and I'm fine with them. I really don't have anything else to say at the moment
Okay. BTW, you might want to post soon. You just got prodded and could get replaced.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Very early in Day 1. You were not the first person to suspect me. Just because you were the 2nd person to vote me doesn't mean you were the 2nd person to suspect me. The Paprika Killer, SwordRbroken, and Blue Yoshi all suspected me befroe you even gave reasons for voting me.
if I was the second to vote for you, I was the second person to suspect you enough TO vote for you.

This post made very little sense and confuse me. You don't need attention to be a good player in Mafia games, you just need to try to be a good player in general. Good player comes before attention in Mafia games. And beside, attention is usually not a good thing in Mafia games, especially when it's directed towards you.
err... you don't get it. I'm not trying to be a good player when I try to get people to quote me. there is a reason that I can't say. wink wink nudge nudge wink nudge wink

Okay. BTW, you might want to post soon. You just got prodded and could get replaced.
oh hey thanks

D

Deleted member

if I was the second to vote for you, I was the second person to suspect you enough TO vote for you.
You do have a point there, but that wasn't the response I was looking for.

Just because you suspect me does not equal placing a vote on a person. You could find another person very scummy, but you would vote for a person who you think is scummier, right?

Take this as an example. I find a person very scummy and doesn't like the way he's playing. However, I find another person who sounds even scummier. Normally, I would vote for my top suspicion.

err... you don't get it. I'm not trying to be a good player when I try to get people to quote me. there is a reason that I can't say. wink wink nudge nudge wink nudge wink
Please do explain. Gathering information is townie's best friend and can lead to less mislynches.

oh hey thanks
You're welcome.

@Guus: You asked why I didn't want to vote yet, even thought I could unvote in the future.

The reason is because I haven't really found anyone too suspicious worth of a vote. However, I am leaning toward voting soaring-raptor-blast.

And well, here's your votecount:

Day 2 Votecount:
Xonar(3): SwordRbroken, Blue Yoshi, soaring-raptor-blast

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Vote: SRB for being useless and only taking stances in the form of parotting.

Yo Moma...
has 10 fingers -- all on the same hand.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
You do have a point there, but that wasn't the response I was looking for.

Just because you suspect me does not equal placing a vote on a person. You could find another person very scummy, but you would vote for a person who you think is scummier, right?

Take this as an example. I find a person very scummy and doesn't like the way he's playing. However, I find another person who sounds even scummier. Normally, I would vote for my top suspicion.
umm... thats kind of the point I was trying to make. I was second to vote for you = i found you scummier than the other people did. I also provided my own thoughts on why I believed you were scum, AND I was the first to suspect swords. I also defended mcmaymays before anyone else. I'm not just parroting.

@xonar: ^thats for you too sweetheart

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
umm... thats kind of the point I was trying to make. I was second to vote for you = i found you scummier than the other people did. I also provided my own thoughts on why I believed you were scum, AND I was the first to suspect swords. I also defended mcmaymays before anyone else. I'm not just parroting.
You're not supposed to defend others, it's up to them to do it. Now I think you could be scum that liked to defend a townie (I've done it in other games where I was scum as well).

Really, don't defend other people please? Not even if they are Kermit.

@ SSBF, why is voting someone when they have no votes yet at this time in the game a bad thing.
If you find them suspicious, even only a bit, express it and don't keep it to yourself.

I'm having a hard time deciding the lynch, I'm tossed up between the first two.

1/2- SRB/SSBF
3- Xonar

Xonars post was adequate.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kirbyoshi has not yet responded to my PM and I've seen Clownbot replacing into another game. If Clownbot doesn't post again or Kirbyoshi doesn't respondd to my PM soon Clownbot will be modkilled.

:059:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
swords is an idiot and skims
No. Seen nothing good yet. Your rants + SSBF's raptor case. Right now, suspicious of you. YesterDay you say raptor scum. Yet you shoot mcmaymays. He obv town. Why guus scum? Just curious why think that. Why guus scum?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
1/2- SRB/SSBF
3- Xonar
****ing. 3. posts. above. yours. 3

besides, I didn't say that only raptor was scummy, jesus, you're taking this way out of context. Also, guus is scummy because he hasn't done a lot yet (though I forgive him for this day)
mcmaymays obv town? ***** please, read what i had to say about him

You've pretty much skimmed everything I posted didn't you swords?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
****ing. 3. posts. above. yours. 3

besides, I didn't say that only raptor was scummy, jesus, you're taking this way out of context. Also, guus is scummy because he hasn't done a lot yet (though I forgive him for this day)
mcmaymays obv town? ***** please, read what i had to say about him

You've pretty much skimmed everything I posted didn't you swords?
No, your case is fluff. No, your case is fluff.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm here. Gotta read etc. all that junk.

In the meantime, your mom is a soaring raptor blast, if you know what I mean.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
You're not supposed to defend others, it's up to them to do it. Now I think you could be scum that liked to defend a townie (I've done it in other games where I was scum as well).

Really, don't defend other people please? Not even if they are Kermit.

I see your point but I thought the decision of lynching mcmaymays was a stupid one, and I was trying to persuade Xonar to not lynch him/her. I think in this type of game where the lynch is decided by ONE person, defending someone (or at least make it known that you think they are town, which is what I did) is more necessary. if you said you wanted to lynch someone I didn't agree with, I'd think it my pro-town duty to try and get you to go for someone else. right?

and herro S2. :3

D

Deleted member

@SSBF, why is voting someone when they have no votes yet at this time in the game a bad thing.

If you find them suspicious, even only a bit, express it and don't keep it to yourself.
Okay, I'm not sure what your question is trying to ask. May you please explain this in more detail? Maybe then I'll be able to understand what you are saying.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm not sure what your question is trying to ask. May you please explain this in more detail? Maybe then I'll be able to understand what you are saying.
not to answer for him but i think he means you should vote for who you think is suspiscious instead of saying things like "I am thinking about voting for ____" because it's hard to take that seriously. I used to have the same problem.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
SRB, I believe you'd try to defend McMaymays no matter what your and their alignment was. You kinda always defend May, just sayin. Although your point is completely right.

Wocka Wocka Wocka.

D

Deleted member

@soaring-raptor-blast: Thanks for helping clearing things up!

@Guus: Now I'm ready to answer the question. You're probably asking why I withold my vote. I'm trying to avoid jumping around the game making votes, which can cause negative attention to be focused on me and give me a greater chance of being lynched. I'll try to avoid doing that for now on if I think someone is the most suspicious.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
SRB, I believe you'd try to defend McMaymays no matter what your and their alignment was. You kinda always defend May, just sayin. Although your point is completely right.

Wocka Wocka Wocka.
haha. you caught me. i hope I'm never in a game where she's scum :p

but thanks

@ssbf: no problem ^___^

@S2 again: I'm dying to see your top suspects. read read read!!!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I honestly don't know who to call my top suspects anymore. Realizing I've been tunnelling to some extent on SSBF and Xonar, I've re-read some people's posts... and... well... now, I'm going to have to re-read everything to get a better opinion on who I think is scum.

For the moment, my top suspects are still Xonar and SSBF, but... well, that may change after a re-read. The problem is finding a large enough block of time to read all the posts lol (I'll do it either this day or day 3... busy with work / out-of-town family birthday/etc., so may not be able to do it in the next week... though none of this should affect my activity in this game).

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll admit to not reading, nor do I plan to, if you want, SRB. I skimmed over Day 1 but didn't go through the details. I'm replacing to make the game not become inactive and out of respect for the mod moreso than my own enjoyment. I'm playing 1 game more than I'm generally happy with, but I'll see what happens.

I will however, pay attention to what's going down now.

My "top" subjects are Blue Yoshi and SSBF. You two post so much, I'm spinning!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
But seriously guys, since my last post, there was only one post in 24 hours... and that's by the new guy (no offense). Either everyone's lurking... or no one seems to care enough to post... or smashboards may have been down for a while (I was working, so if this was the case, then I wouldn't know about it). Anyways... lets try to keep activity up. There's nothing for me to talk about since no one made any posts... except for the new guy...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
As for the new guy's post, saying you're not reading anything makes you scummy (though you saying that you're playing more games than you like I guess could be considered a decent enough reason). But... well... if you're not going to read, you're either scum listening to his scum buddy, or useless town (more in the "I don't care about this game" useless town). Seeing as there are very few posts being made each day (one in this last day by you minus my post spam here... done in response to you saying I post too much lol (I do stuff like that all the time ;) ) ), reading all the posts shouldn't be too hard... unless your other games / real life is preventing you from getting enough time to do so.

I honestly don't know at all where I'm going with this anymore... lol long day at work today, my brain is baked, so... although this post makes no sense anymore (probably, and I'm too lazy to re-read it and fix it), just because you said I post too much, I'll post this anyways.

Top Bottom