• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
This game looks a lot smaller every time I look at it. Who's still alive even? Me, Blue Yoshi, Guus, SSBF, and SRB? IMO SRB looking most suspicious out of everyone. He's been pretty useless.

Is it really a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?
what do you know skimmer :p

I definitely don't think I'm the most useless. my posts are just straightforward and to the point, which must look puny compared to all the fluff a certain couple of people are posting...

anyhoo, SSBF is still suspicious. there has been an OBVOIUS connection between xonar and ssbf. xonar has spent almost the entire game defending him, and would not lynch him even though the town was in almost unanimous agreement. I can see a scumteam of only two people really wanting to keep each other alive. SSBF has also been the scummiest player since his very first post and i think it's kinda ridiculous that we haven't lynched him yet.

VOTE: SSBF

look at how useful I is bein' :bee:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
wocka wocka wocka inactivity.

What up SRB. I'd dismiss all links between Xonar and SSBF if I were you. Xonar clearly intended to buddy with SSBF. Whether he's trying to trick us into thinking a townie is his team mate, or defending his scum partner is too hard to tell. It's WIFOM really. You'll go no where trying to analyze the relationship between them.

I love how you discredit me before I say anything by calling me a skimmer. Perhaps I went back and read in-depth, it is the weekend afterall. Poisoning the well, is what I think that's called. And i don't like it.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
wocka wocka wocka inactivity.

What up SRB. I'd dismiss all links between Xonar and SSBF if I were you. Xonar clearly intended to buddy with SSBF. Whether he's trying to trick us into thinking a townie is his team mate, or defending his scum partner is too hard to tell. It's WIFOM really. You'll go no where trying to analyze the relationship between them.

I love how you discredit me before I say anything by calling me a skimmer. Perhaps I went back and read in-depth, it is the weekend afterall. Poisoning the well, is what I think that's called. And i don't like it.
oh you caught me. I completely made up the part about you skimming. :bee:

well did you read through? I'd hope you have more than "SRB is useless".

yeah, it's WIFOM but there is more than meets the eye. it looks like he was intentionally trying to make it look like he was scum buddying a townie. why else would he buddy SSBF AFTER he was lynched? his lie was about to be confirmed, and he knew that, but for some reason he was still defending SSBF. what reason would a scum have to make a player look more pro-town by buddying them right before their allignment flipped? Oh wait, it would make us say "ahur, SSBF is town". but that's far from the only reason I voted him. I just genuinely think he has been the most scummy so far.

and were you implying that i've been inactive? or like... are you going to be inactive or something? I don't get it.

I'm gonna be useful and make a suspect list in descending order from most to least scummy.

1. SSBF (nuff said)

2. BY - it's like he is trying too hard to look pro-town. posts a LOT of fluff and irrelevant stuff which seems like it would be a good scum tactic

3.Guus - not much of an opinion mostly neutral, but I wouldn't give him a pass just for lynching a scum. since Xonar was outed by the seer there really wasn't much choice.

4.S2- pro-town vibes... kinda... I may be biased. I tend to not suspect people I'm more familliar with. he hasn't done anything staunchly anti-town though.

At this point I'm fine with a lynch of the first two.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I will re-read everything eventually, but for now, this is what I remember from every person, reasons why they would be scummy and town (me included, from what you guys said about what I've done). I can't guarantee that everything is 100% true (going with what I can remember... I'll make a more accurate post after I re-read), but I thought I'd post my opinions for the moment.

SSBF: Major buddying with Xonar from the start of the game, though he did try to break it day 2 (when Xonar turned on him). He's been 100% scummy day 1, but... well, lets be honest, everyone's tunnelling a little too much on him. If I remember right, he was one of the later guys day 2 going for a Xonar lynch (before he was copped).

Guus: I really don't know what to think of Guus... on one hand, he's instant town for lynching Xonar (scum)... but on the other hand, he didn't really have a choice (he wasn't going to lynch him at first until Swords claimed cop and brought Xonar forward). I can't remember much else that he has done this game... so that's where I stand right now.

Sold2 (formerly clownbot) has been completely inactive day 1, but... well, that's clownbot's fault. To be honest, I don't remember the few posts Sold2 has done since he started playing (few as in just recently joined us, not as in inactive). So... I'll have to re-read and hope that one of the two gave something away.

SRB... I'll be honest, of everyone who played, he was one of the few people I could not keep track of his posts at all... even though he posted quite a bit. I'll need to re-read to have any type of a useful conversation about him.

As for me, well... people didn't like my search for who did not have a posting restriction, while others didn't like my "random" posts. Otherwise, I've been for a Xonar lynch basically since nearly the start of the game (though him being king, I didn't want to reveal my thoughts... well, just look at McMaymay). But I've been one of the first guys that was in full support of a Xonar lynch.

Anyways, when I do a re-read, I'll make a much more useful post, including good and bad stuff about everyone (including me).

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
SRB... I'll be honest, of everyone who played, he was one of the few people I could not keep track of his posts at all... even though he posted quite a bit. I'll need to re-read to have any type of a useful conversation about him.
Haha this is what I had on my mind. Maybe it's because SRB's activity dropped as soon as I came into the game, but he just doesn't stand out in my mind at all. I've forgotten he's in this game on multiple occasions. And as far as real reasons go, SRB, I'm looking through what goes on now for them. I don't know how I felt about D1, so I can't compare it to how you felt D1, ya know? I know the results of what happened so I'm too biased.

What did the mermaid do last weekend? She went to "sea" a movie!

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: Sounds pretty useful from what I see. But yeah, looking forward to your re-read post.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
oookay... well

@SSBF, Blue, and Guus: who is your number one suspect at the moment?

maybe that will help get things rollin'

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
@SRB

My top suspects, I really don't know. Probably you and BY.

I don't know about SSBF. Props to Xonar, he made a nice WIFOM. Is SSBF town and Xonar was just buddying him so obvious that it looks like he's scum? Or is that what he wants us to think? I really don't know and I'm going to forget about that.
SSBF hasn't done anything scummy since day 1 (actually, no one really has). I'll try to re-read most of the game today.

-Your beautiful quing Guus.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Guus c'mon I just said it. Cut all links between SSBF and Xonar. You're just going to get WIFOM out of it, and that's what Xonar wanted, very clearly. Whomever we lynch should be lynched based off of scummy behavior, not Xonar mindgames. That being said I'll be back at 11 PM or some nonsense like that.

D

Deleted member

This is my re-read of soaring-raptor-blast, Clownbot/Sold2, Guus, and Blue Yoshi. This is basically a progress of my response. The scummiest of the group will receive my vote. Things I noticed:

- #46 (Guus): Random votes McMaymays when there was clearly a serious discussion starting up.

Guus said:
vote: Mcmaymay's

Does not seem to be my lovely Kermit.
- #49 and #72 (Blue Yoshi): Asks me what previous games in here I've played. Then said that we need to stop talking about previous experiences. Sounds a little hypocritical, don't you think?

Blue Yoshi said:
SSBF, what mafia games here on smashboards have you played before? Just so that I can get an idea of how you play.
Blue Yoshi said:
At the moment, having conversations about past games gives scum a free post about what this guy did in that game, and can lurk freely while making their one post every day/two days (whatever the limit is).
- #81 (Guus): Said that we are still in RVS, even thought serious discussions (Regarding me) are going on. Also said he kept his vote on McMaymays based off gut feelings.

Guus said:
Of course it's still (sort of) RVS, though.
Guus said:
I'll stick with my vote on McMaymays because I have nothing but my gut to trust.
- #122 (Blue Yoshi): Promises to make a more useful post. Not much came from him for awhile.

Blue Yoshi said:
I'll make a more useful post after work.
Will review these posts until I find something really useful:

- #131 (Blue Yoshi): Totally useless post with a promise that he'll make a better post tomorrow.

Blue Yoshi said:
re-reading my post, if it doesn't make sense, don't worry about it. I'm tired, and too lazy to make it make sense at the moment. If anyone wants me to clarify, I can do that tomorrow (unless you all understand it).

enduselesspost

startcountingsheepinthehopesoffallingasleepbecause iamtired.

ok... /uselesspost :p
- #135 (soaring-raptor-blast): Call SwordRbroken his 2nd biggest suspect. Accused him for trying to take away a case from me, which was clearly not his intention at all.

soaring-raptor-blast said:
@swords: my next biggest suspect is you. you're trying to take away from the case against SSBF by calling it "tunneling". I see it as either trying to save your scum buddy, or buddying a townie that might be lynched.
- #137 (Blue Yoshi): Said he'll post his suspicion tomorrow. Promised a long post. It never came.

Blue Yoshi said:
Well, if no one else has any suspicions, I'll post mine... though I'd rather wait.

It's also because I don't really have a large amount of time available to give a large description of why... which is what I'd like to do. I'll have basically all of tomorrow free to make a long LONG post.

That said, I gotta go. You'll see what I mean by long (and why I don't have enough time now) tomorrow. I promise :p
- #154 (Blue Yoshi): Said that people he thought were scums were more confirmed, but choose not to speak on it and vice versa with other people.

Once again, he promised a huge post.

Blue Yoshi said:
omg just with the recent posts, most of the people I had thought scum were more confirmed scum, and most of the people I had thought to be town were more confirmed town.

Once Gheb answers a question I asked him, I'll start writing a huge post about my thoughts on everyone in this game so far.
- #157 (Guus): Rambles off a list of reason why Blue Yoshi deserved an FoS, but lacks explination for Xonar.

Guus said:
Vote: Xonar and Fos: Blue Yoshi

Why would you honestly need to know who has or has not got a posting restriction? I don't often find mafia members with a posting restriction, and sometimes the restrictions are so obvious you don't even have to BOTHER looking for them. Ah well, who cares, I'm gonna be a star someday!
- #172 (Blue Yoshi): Originally fails to properly respond to SwordRbroken's post about why he disagreed with me.

Blue Yoshi said:
... can't comment... ;)
- #191 (Guus): Said that Xonar does not give decent reasons for suspecting them, so he shouldn't have to do his part. If so, he missed the oppertunity to capitalize on his mistake and earn even more town points.

Guus said:
Why should we give any decent reason not to die if he doesn't even give a reason as to why either one of us should die.
- #194 (Guus): Makes a post that I can't really understand at all. Guus, would you mind elaborating on this?

Guus said:
You'd modkill someone for calling you Stalin, why not shoot them them here in a game?
Only Kermit can do that!
- #210 (soaring-raptor-blast): First line was an obvious parroting of SwordRbroken, his second line was completely useless.

also. you don't know he doesn't have a restriction. some of them could be harder to notice

BTW if somebody quotes this post they will get EXTRA candy from the easter bunny :bee:
- #222 (soaring-raptor-blast): Another useless post in the game.

lol yes my bad. my fingers just like typing "paprika".

hey mcmaymays!!! want me to vote you for prez!?!?! quote this post to answer "yes" :bee:
- #227 (soaring-raptor-blast): Said that he loves attention but no one will give him that. Also said if it made McMaymays dead in the face, he would ask me to quote him. Quote what is what I like to know.

soaring-raptor-blast']no. i just like the attention and no one else will give it to me. if it makes you dead in the face I'd ask ssbf to do it.[/quote] - #293 (Clownbot): Said that Xonar thinks I'm town said:
What the ****, guys.

Xonar still thinks SSBF is town.
- #302 (soaring-raptor-blast): I remember saying that he was the 2nd to suspect Xonar. This is wrong. He was the fifth. First SwordsRbroken, then Blue Yoshi, then Clownbot, then me, then finally him.

SwordsRbroken said:
Can we lynch Xonar? He lynched Mcmaymays. We didn't want that. He lynched Mcmaymays. Mcmaymays wasn't scummy IMO. Can we lynch Xonar?
Blue Yoshi said:
The two people at the moment I find the scummiest are SSBF and Xonar.
Clownbot said:
The whole shebang, Xonar.
Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
@Xonar: Seriously, you defended me throughout most of Day 1, now you're suggesting that I get lynched? What about soaring-raptor-blast? He hasn't really said much throughout the entire game. Given that you're responsible for lynching a townie (abide accidently or not), you have to play extra well to gain our respect back.

And before anyone here say "So should you.", I know, I know.

FoS: Xonar
so yeah. xonar is obv. scum. so is ssbf. I'm fine with lynching either.
- #305 (soaring-raptor-blast): At #304, SwordsRbroken asked soaring-raptor-blast to explain his suspicion. I found the quote pretty poorly executed and this does not help.

this^

I don't forget to easy ;)

still would prefer xonar/ssbf lynch before you.
- #327 (Clownbot): Gives poor reason for not looking at the thread originally. I for one personally prefer manual reading because it feels more natural and I feel it makes me a better player in general.

- #355 (Sold2): Did not like this post at all. First off, he said that he was too lazy to read through the thread. He said he'll be active, but I haven't seen much out of him. He also gave the worst ever reason to suspect a person when we have a lot of information.

Sold2 said:
I'll admit to not reading, nor do I plan to, if you want, SRB. I skimmed over Day 1 but didn't go through the details. I'm replacing to make the game not become inactive and out of respect for the mod moreso than my own enjoyment. I'm playing 1 game more than I'm generally happy with, but I'll see what happens.

I will however, pay attention to what's going down now.

My "top" subjects are Blue Yoshi and SSBF. You two post so much, I'm spinning!
- #370, #371(Sold 2): Said that we're going to lynch him solely due to his laziness. That is an major scum tell because he thinks it's not a problem to be lazy. Plus he would try to lynch us just because of calling him out for the right reason.

Also, remember when he promised a huge post? Yeah, that's not happening.

Sold2 said:
If you all try to lynch me solely because I say I don't feel like reading 20 pages, that's a very poor reason and I would call you scum for picking such an easy reason to wagon. I'm lazy so what.
Sold2 said:
I'll make a more serious content post in a bit.
- #375 (Blue Yoshi): Said there was nothing to discuss about the game. If there isn't, make up something. You may or may not like the reaction, but it'll give us something to work on.

Blue Yoshi said:
But seriously guys, I really see nothing to talk about... either because we've already discussed it to death (like Xonar's lynch yesterday) or because... well, there isn't anything to talk about. I'm stuck to doing stupid posts that make no sense lol :p
- #386 (Sold2): First paragraph made very little sense to me.

He also said that big posts does not equal good. I agree, but that at least improve that bad post you've just made as it allows more oppertunities to make good posts. He also criticize SwordsRbroken for being lazy, but yet he admits he doesn't want to read. Obvious hypocrite is obvious.

Sold2 said:
You skimmed my post, in which I say I skimmed, and tell me to skim! How much skim could a Sold2 skim if a Sold2 could skim skim? Wocka Wocka Wocka!

And also, big post =\= good. Go read Newbie 3 or ask raptor about it, they're not good at all imo.
Sold2 said:
The only problem with this is that I haven't been particularly fond of Swords's lazy posts this day phase, and the frustration that comes across Xonar hints town to me. Town gets angry far more often than scum, from what I've seen.
- #402, #411 (Sold2): I don't know about you, but it sounds like Sold2 is trying to buddy me, which is looking a little suspicious. Sold2, I suggest you stop buddying me already, you most likely don't know if I'm scum or not. While I do agree with you, I really don't need it. I already got more then enough from Xonar.

He also hates being called a skimmer, but he very well deserve it. I'd like to see his analysis of the entire game.

Sold2 said:
I'd dismiss all links between Xonar and SSBF if I were you. Xonar clearly intended to buddy with SSBF.
Sold2 said:
Cut all links between SSBF and Xonar. You're just going to get WIFOM out of it, and that's what Xonar wanted, very clearly.
Okay, from most pro-town to scummiest:

Guus: At this rate, I'd be very disappointed if he fliped scum. Sure he was questionable early in the game, but he has massively improved over time. I have an possible town read on him.

Blue Yoshi: Looking back, Blue Yoshi had a lot more scum tells then I've ever covered in my original re-read of him while Day 1 was going in. He was my top suspect then. However, he did manage to slowly climb himself to an null read.

soaring-raptor-blast: I have an possible scum read on him. He has improved a little, but he really hasn't been such a good player in my eyes. I especially didn't like him in Day 2. I personally wouldn't mind an soaring-raptor-blast lynch. To be fair, thought, he did make an legimate case on me.

Clownbot/Sold2: I've never imagined putting Clownbot or even his replacement down as a scum read, but Sold2 has managed to suceed in that. Clownbot had a strong town read on Day 1 and most of Day 2, but during the mid-late Day 2, he started to go downhill. His replacement has not been very good. He admitted to not only skimming, but being lazy as well and his excuses is a cop out. I also don't like his buddying on me, saying that my connection with Xonar should not be investigated. If he's certain that I have not possesed scummy posts, then he seriously needs to read Day 1 and tell me with a stright face that I haven't been scummy. And I know this is a joke from him, but I personally did not like him listing me and Blue Yoshi as top suspects just because we were active.

Both soaring-raptor-blast and Sold2 are good candidate for a lynch on Day 3. I'm willing to give soaring-raptor-blast the benefit of a doubt, thought, as I do think he'll improve on Day 3. I'm not so sure about Sold2, so I'm going to:

Vote: Sold2 (Even thought I know this won't count, he is still my top suspicion.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
- #49 and #72 (Blue Yoshi): Asks me what previous games in here I've played. Then said that we need to stop talking about previous experiences. Sounds a little hypocritical, don't you think?

- #122 (Blue Yoshi): Promises to make a more useful post. Not much came from him for awhile.

- #131 (Blue Yoshi): Totally useless post with a promise that he'll make a better post tomorrow.

- #137 (Blue Yoshi): Said he'll post his suspicion tomorrow. Promised a long post. It never came.

- #154 (Blue Yoshi): Said that people he thought were scums were more confirmed, but choose not to speak on it and vice versa with other people.

Once again, he promised a huge post.

- #172 (Blue Yoshi): Originally fails to properly respond to SwordRbroken's post about why he disagreed with me.

- #375 (Blue Yoshi): Said there was nothing to discuss about the game. If there isn't, make up something. You may or may not like the reaction, but it'll give us something to work on.

Blue Yoshi: Looking back, Blue Yoshi had a lot more scum tells then I've ever covered in my original re-read of him while Day 1 was going in. He was my top suspect then. However, he did manage to slowly climb himself to an null read.
In my defense, by colour:

Lime: When I asked, I wanted to know so that I could figure out your playstyle (never ended up reading those games... didn't have the time). When I said the second time that talking about past games is useless... we had spent the entire game up to that point talking mostly about past games, and nothing much at all about the current game. I was trying to get people to start getting on track. So... in one way, yes, it could be considered hypocritical, but... well, talking about other games had gone for a long time.

Red: Simple defense: I never had the time. I know it's probably the dumbest thing to promise a huge post, and not make a post (and worse to do it several times)... but... well, I just never have a large block of time to read a huge number of posts. So... that said, if I get the time, I'll have a huge post that I'll make... but... well, looking at my future schedule, the only way that would work is if I stay up until 3am or 4am local time... so... yeah. Lame excuse, but that's my excuse.

You have no restriction.

... can't comment... ;)
Enough said. Actually, this was another reason why my big post never occured... come to think about it... but that's not a factor anymore.

If I remember right, we were going nowhere with the conversations, as well as everyone (me included?) were being fairly inactive. So I was trying to spark a bit of life into our conversations.

Null? That's it?

Anyways, if I get the time, I'll re-read everything... but as I said, I don't have much time available to me. I will do it eventually... just... looking ahead, this upcoming week is really busy (maybe except for Friday...).

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: Regarding me putting me you as null, like I said, I found you the most suspicious at Day 1. However, you have improved yourself considerably since then, so you're currently off my suspect list.

Your defense are okay, thought, as I'm willing to accept that.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I find your case on Sold2 very shaky SSBF.

You make a fair point on his second post, where he says "you lynch me because I did not read day 1? That's the worst reason ever" (core essence of post) and then pull a sort-of OMGUS, calling them out for scum after calling him scum for not reading. I find this a pretty fair scumtell and reeks of AtE.

Then you (SSBF) say "remember when he promised to make a huge post?". No, I don't and he has never said that. He said he would post more serious content and it seems like you're trying to twist his words in a way that makes your case look better.

The first part of that 3rd quote part you looked over was just a joke, forget about it. You call him out on hypocricy (spell check?), but I don't find that a fair reason. If you have a point, you have a point, doesn't matter if you do it yourself, we'll note that as well, but don't refute someone's point because of that.

About Sold2 trying to buddy you; He said exactly the same as I said in a post before, I sort of repeated him in my own words, more as a note to myself. He said what I think and I don't give him any scum points for that.

Elaboration on the Stalin joke in #194;
In a mafia game on another site where he was the mod, he would modkill anyone calling him Stalin, because in other games he was so dominating and everyone that was against him was instant scum. Funny, he was scum there as well.

-Your beautiful quing Guus

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
hmm.... I really likes SSBF's wall but there was some points where you just completely missed the point of some of the things I said. maybe that's why i seem useless. I've done a lot of hinting and no one seems to really understand it.

after that, i'm thinking blue yoshi jumps ahead on my list. I don't like how he posts a lot of fluff and filler.,I don't like the empty promises of cases that never seem to come, I don't like setting up easy outs for himself by preemptively defending contradictions that he hasn't even made yet. (we remember this, yes?)

I think blue yoshi would be a fine lynch

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Wocka wocka wocka (h). What a ridiculous offense. Deserving of a ridiculous defense, but I'll try to make it clear for you.

If you didn't notice, I have a post restriction. I'm fairly sure everyone does. I have to make 3 bad jokes every day phase, as well as saying wocka wocka wocka. My "top" subjects... post so much they make me spin. C'mon I even quoted 'top' when I said it to make it obvious. It's a joke (a really bad one at that!). Would you prefer I put a ba dum tssshhh when I make one?

I love how I still get dissed on for admitting to skimming. What would town do? Admit to skimming so that everyone knows that they're not familiar with the details of D1, or hide and pretend they can help on a subject they cannot? I'm telling you the truth very bluntly because town has very little reason to lie. I called out Swords for being lazy, quite simply because he was. I supposed I should have used the term "active lurking" or something like that. I'm lazy, not lurking. I contribute what I feel needs to be said, and that's good enough for me.

You call me out on buddying... seriously? There's no way for me to refute this, to be honest. It was never my intention to buddy you, but if you interpret it as buddying, how can I tell you that you're wrong? I'm trying to tell town to stay away from WIFOM, which is what your and Xonar's buddyfest is. It's circular logic and all it does is confuse and distract, adding nothing of value. Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't seem to remember you calling Xonar out on the multiple occasions he very clearly and intentionally buddied you. A bit odd.

Lol at my original threat to anyone going to lynch me by calling out my straight-out "I'm skimming!" First off, refer back to my 3rd paragraph in here. Second off, SSBF. If I didn't convince myself earlier that you're just a dumb and confused townie who wants to be helpful but has no idea what they're doing, I would start a wagon on you right now. You go for the easiest target possible. Not for true scumtells or anything like that, but for how easy it would be to make the lynch happen and that's partially why I so blatantly acted lazy. I wanted to see who would respond to it so I could get some easy reads despite being a replacement.

Traditionally after I make a decent sized defense like this, I would declare that I'm launching an offense soon after. No one stands out enough to me to do this though. To be honest, everyone of you is suspicious to me, Guus less so than the others. I need to organize my thoughts.

I bet I could have found some really cool counterpoints and solid defenses if I read back a little bit. This defense would be 20x better with quotes, salmon, and some honey, but "bear" with me. ba dum tssshhh

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
... you're not supposed to talk about your posting restriction...
How would you know about what his role can do, other than you and him communicating outside the game?
Or is this an assumption? A rather bold one? Care to explain why you actually think he can't talk about it? Untill mod make a notification about or something, I think this quote is pretty stupid.

D

Deleted member

Very hypocritical of you to say that. At Day 1, it was blatantly obvious that you asked people with posting restrictions to post. We had an big argument about this and neither of us got anything good.

Why are you saying we shouldn't do posting restrictions (I agree) when you were guilty of the same thing?

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Very hypocritical of you to say that. At Day 1, it was blatantly obvious that you asked people with posting restrictions to post. We had an big argument about this and neither of us got anything good.

Why are you saying we shouldn't do posting restrictions (I agree) when you were guilty of the same thing?
you miss the point. according to the mod, you are not allowed to confirm that you have a posting restriction. ... and he kinda did...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I don't see the rule saying I can't in the OP. If it was mid-D1 that he said this I'm gonna lol cus then I must have totally skimmed over the rule. Ahaha.. right after I pretend I might have read over D1 in detail.

You all are wasting your time talking about me when you should be scum hunting. I'll start. Blue Yoshi was already suspect, he apparently wanted everyone to post posting restrictions when he knew that you can't. One could also say he's started a discussion on something that's not going to help anyone, but w/e.

SRB continued keeping the discussion useless by striking down SSBF's point, which was actually decent and could get some info from.

Guus and SSBF react normally.

@Mod. Is there is a rule stating "Do not confirm your posting restriction." ?
I'm suprised nobody did this yet. As if anybody knows rules better than the mod.

Wocka wocka wocka.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Oh. My. God. Seriously guys. What is it with all of you and changing my post to something else? For those of you who are too lazy to read my post, here it is.

Actually... a question to everyone. If you do not have a posting restriction, can you post here indicating that you don't? There's nothing preventing you in doing that. For those of you who have posting restrictions... well... you can't talk about it, so don't answer. Just trying to figure out who does not have a posting restriction...
There. I never once ask for someone WITH a posting restriction to post stating that they have a restriction. Actually, let me break it down for you.

Blue Yoshi;9984307If you do not have a posting restriction said:
I ask that only those who do NOT have a posting restriction to post stating that they don’t. Reason being that they (as far as I am aware) have nothing preventing them of stating that they have no posting restriction.

For those of you who have posting restrictions... well... you can't talk about it, so don't answer.
Here, I clearly, CLEARLY state that anyone who does have a posting restriction to NOT ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, as in DON’T RESPOND.

Sorry for the angry post, but… well, I’m really getting annoyed of people taking my post, and completely changing the meaning completely.

So, that said:

No, I was not being hypocritical, but thanks for completely changing my post, as I said, just to make me look scummy. So that said, Vote: SSBF. Of everyone here excluding this post, you were the scummiest person (basically since day 1… except for Xonar). This post almost makes me want to bet money that you are scum.

Due to… “other factors”, I was unable to defend myself, but since those aren’t factors anymore, I can now defend myself from this post that someone is clearly trying to use against me.

Sorry, I had a very bad day at work today (really busy… etc.), so sorry that this post is a bit more “angry” than my regular posts… but really, I had to defend myself before SSBF convinces everyone to lynch me for something I didn’t do.

Anyways, from posts 420 to 425 alone, I think I can state with high certainty that I know everyone’s alignment (and not by stating one person is scum the rest are town, but by stating each person is town or scum).

420:
I simply inform S2 that he wasn’t supposed to state he has a posting restriction… for reasons I don’t think are in the OP, but that he should know ;)

421:
How would you know about what his role can do, other than you and him communicating outside the game?
Or is this an assumption? A rather bold one? Care to explain why you actually think he can't talk about it? Untill mod make a notification about or something, I think this quote is pretty stupid.

Well… maybe Guus I can’t confirm from this post, but his lynch of Xonar (when there was more than just Xonar as possible lynch candidates) confirms this fairly well. But… well, I guess to answer his question, it’s an assumption that, for reasons I can’t comment on (but others should know as well wink wink ;)), he isn’t supposed to state this. But yeah, I’m willing to put Guus under “likely townie” for his lynch on Xonar.

422:

Reasons stated above. Throwing me under the bus, trying to make me look scummy so that I get lynched. Very willing to put SSBF under “likely scummy”.

423:
you miss the point. according to the mod, you are not allowed to confirm that you have a posting restriction. ... and he kinda did...
I guess SRB doesn’t get confirmed as a townie from this post, but… well… accidentally confirmes something else… (Gheb never stated in the game thread that you are not allowed to confirm that you have a posting restriction… wink wink ;)).

424:
I don't see the rule saying I can't in the OP. If it was mid-D1 that he said this I'm gonna lol cus then I must have totally skimmed over the rule. Ahaha.. right after I pretend I might have read over D1 in detail.

You all are wasting your time talking about me when you should be scum hunting. I'll start. Blue Yoshi was already suspect, he apparently wanted everyone to post posting restrictions when he knew that you can't. One could also say he's started a discussion on something that's not going to help anyone, but w/e.

SRB continued keeping the discussion useless by striking down SSBF's point, which was actually decent and could get some info from.

Guus and SSBF react normally.

@Mod. Is there is a rule stating "Do not confirm your posting restriction." ?
I'm suprised nobody did this yet. As if anybody knows rules better than the mod.

Wocka wocka wocka.
Now, before I start being hypocritical with my reasoning…

Ahaha.. right after I pretend I might have read over D1 in detail.
So… I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt in this case and assume that what I’m about to quote next, you skimmed, and took someone else’s word and assumed it to be true (since… well, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I’ll assume you didn’t read my post properly). So that said, assuming this is the case (We can’t prove either way, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt), the rest of your post could be taken as you having not known what I really post. But what makes you seem town in my opinion:

425:
EBWOP, if I get modkilled you should No Lynch for sure.
if you get mod-killed, we are left with 4 people, and if we lynch today, we enter the night with 3 people, one person gets night killed during the night, leaving 2, meaning under normal game circumstances, 1 town and 1 scum means scum wins… but let me remind you, whoever was king that day ends up winning. But anyways, back to this post. Well… actually, I guess I already explained why I think it makes you town. Plus, the tone of the post has a “townie” feel to it (if you know what I mean).

On another subject, if you read between the lines, within these last 10 posts, everyone confirms (whether on purpose or accidentally) whether or not they have a posting restriction or not. I am 99% sure that I know whether or not each person here has a posting restriction or not… simply based off of posts since S2’s post. And not everyone here has a posting restriction.

Well, I think this is long enough right now, so if I feel like I want to add anything, I’ll do it later.

Summary: I am very convinced SSBF is scum. Almost willing to bet my life in this game.

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: Darn it, I mean WITHOUT posting restriction. I tend to get mixed up a LOT.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I lol'd at you getting townie vibes from that but that's fine I guess. 1 sec.
What do you call a video of pedestrians? Footage!

I want to lynch SSBF. BlueYoshi, if he's not scum, I'll be expecting that life.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
EBWOP. wait did you mean your life in this game, or your real life? If it's just your game life, I take back the previous statement and still want to lynch SRB.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
EBWOP. wait did you mean your life in this game, or your real life? If it's just your game life, I take back the previous statement and still want to lynch SRB.
hello, I'd like to place an order for some reasoning on that SRB lynch please. hold the pickle.

I'm seeing Blue or SSBF as much more likely scum

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Wocka wocka wocka.

I love how when I try to just be dumb and lazy, nobody thinks I'm scum, but when I try to be a good little townie I'm like top 3 suspect always.

kk SRB I'll deliver it to you within 2 days or your money back. Today is a day for playing brawl! Tomorrow is a day for playing mafia, I suppose. Pickle included, just to spite you.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
This isn't the "delivery" but I'll just talk a bit to myself while I'm here.

I think SRB is scum because he's playing too safe and also has this "semi-lurking" thing going on. IMO it's very uncharacteristic of SRB to not get himself lynched D1. SRB, historically, as a townie says a lot of things, a lot of them really dumb a lot of them not. He's won the "scummiest townie award" on at least 7 different occasions.

Basically what I'm saying is that SRB doesn't stand out nearly as much to me as he should be...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
uh... did we all of a sudden decide not to post in this game anymore? Other than Sold2, no one's posting anymore (yes, I'm somewhat guilty of this as well).

Also, something we should consider, our one extension. I think it's safe to assume that there are two days left, one with 5 people, and one with 3 (if we don't lynch the mafia player today). Should we use our extension today with 5 people, or save it for when we have 3 people? I'm thinking it may be more important when there's 5 people... but... well, it has to be a group decision. So... extension today, or tomorrow?

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
uh... did we all of a sudden decide not to post in this game anymore? Other than Sold2, no one's posting anymore (yes, I'm somewhat guilty of this as well).

Also, something we should consider, our one extension. I think it's safe to assume that there are two days left, one with 5 people, and one with 3 (if we don't lynch the mafia player today). Should we use our extension today with 5 people, or save it for when we have 3 people? I'm thinking it may be more important when there's 5 people... but... well, it has to be a group decision. So... extension today, or tomorrow?
I doubt we need it now but that's just me. I'd rather save it.

I havent posted because
a.) I've already stated who I'm ok with lynching and
b.) waiting for S2 *taps foot impatiently*

I guess it'd be nice to know who guus is wanting to lynch at the moment?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I was at a tournament yesterday.

I'm willing to lynch anyone, mostly SSBF, or SRB, or BY. Sold2 is not a bad player and he's not done any things that make me say "oh now THAT's a scumtell".

BY, your point on you not looking for the people who have a posting restriction; It doesn't matter, if you know who doesn't have one, you know who do, so essentially it's the same thing, it's just bending a certain rule.
I don't think it matters one bit, the roles were random and the PR's are just for fun/theme I guess (Xonar, McMaymays and Swords all had one, they were different allignments and roles) so I don't really know if this is scum looking for power roles with a post restriction (to compensate) or town looking for scum without one (because it would make them noticable).

SRB, I agree with S2, you play way safer than I've seen you play before (I've seen you in 1-2 other games). Your semi-lurking isn't characteristic to this game.

SSBF, I can't really put my finger on what makes me suspect you, it's something in your posts, but I won't let it influence my decision too much.

S2, I'm eagerly waiting for your "delivery".

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: No, we have three days left in the game.

To be honest, Sold2 has actually made some decent posts lately and I haven't been able to fault him lately. soaring-raptor-blast is my top suspect again.

@Guus: If I remember correctly, McMaymays was a Vinalla Townie. Also, I believe we still have a Doctor Role left, if we have one.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Yes, there was a vanilla townie, a cop and scum with a PRS (= posting restriction). That gives a great variety of roles and makes me doubt wether or not PRS has any relation to your role.

Summary - Posting restriction has nothing to do with your role.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Posting restriction has nothing to do with your role, and I'm fairly sure we're playing with a relatively basic set-up based on flips so far, the flavor of the game, and the size of the game.

I'm going to go ahead and say with confidence that the set-up is either
6 vanillas or 5 vanillas
1 cop 1 cop
2 mafia goon 1 doctor
1 mafia goon
1 mafia roleblocker
and I want to say that it's the latter of the two based on our mod. Gheb would want a simple, but still somewhat interesting set-up.

I still have about 24 hours before I have to deliver it :p. Anyways I'll get on it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
On my reread I convinced myself that SSBF is scummier than SRB, sorry. I'm confident in this.

But if you want a delivery anyways, SRB you been useless since D1 man! I think I counted like a maximum of 5 posts of yours in D1. Hey hey, what's the difference between a rock and SRB? You don't have to ask the rock if he's useless!

Also, my formatting on my guess at the set-up got messed up in the above post. 5 or 6 vanillas, 1 cop, 2 mafia. If 5 vanillas, theres probably 1 doctor and 1 mafia roleblocker.

Top Bottom