• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

D

Deleted member

@Sold2: Elaborate on why you want either me or Blue Yoshi gone. Also, saying that we post too much is a very bad reason for picking us as top suspects. Give us other reasons and explain them.

@Xonar: Using bad language is against the code of conduct here, please try to avoid it next time you're posting.

Guys, we have what, less then fouty-eight hours? It's time for us (especially Guus) to decide upon a lynch.

My final top lynch candidate is soaring-raptor-blast. Vote: soaring-raptor-blast.

I would be happy with an Xonar lynch as well.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
No, I'm probably not lynching Xonar. I don't think he acted in a bad way yesterday. He acted different, lynching someone who was not on the suspect list. It brought him in a bad light, probably not worth it. Being king on day 1 must be really ****ty if you're townie, because you're bound to lynch another townie and be fairly guaranteed lynch the next day.
SSBF has been scummy since day 1 and hasn't done too much to convince me.
SRB, I dunno. It's a toss up between those two atm.

Oh I love being the most beautiful quing in the world :)

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
so to comment on recent things and let our magesty know where I stand:

S2: yeah, saying you don't wanna read what has already happened isn't very pro-town. That said, the fact that he came by it honestly and said he would pay close attention to what happens from here on out, so I think he is likely town. Also I think this because I did the exact same thing in a smashboards game I replaced in where I was town. I skimmed the hell out of some stuff but enough to get the gist of things. I think this is the case with S2 because I have heard him comment that he prefers other sites for mafia than this one (something else we have in common). so I'm pretty sure he is just having the feelings happen to him. I would also be against his lynch because I think S2 will be more useful when the game progresses.

but THAT said, he is like ALWAAAAAYS scum so I'm not taking my eyes off him and you shouldn't either.

Xonar: really should watch his mouth unless his posting restriction is to use profanity or be a downright *******. If I was king I'd kill him just for being disrespectful.

and my top three are still Xonar/SSBF followed by swords

I think part of the reason I still have my vote on Xonar is partly because of his rudeness. I think if I were to completely ignore that, then SSBF would seem more scummy because he has acted pretty consistently scummy from his first post and hasn't really defended the arguments against him as well as Xonar has.

so with a heavy heart

UNVOTE VOTE SSBF

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Xonar: really should watch his mouth unless his posting restriction is to use profanity or be a downright *******. If I was king I'd kill him just for being disrespectful.

I think part of the reason I still have my vote on Xonar is partly because of his rudeness. I think if I were to completely ignore that, then SSBF would seem more scummy because he has acted pretty consistently scummy from his first post and hasn't really defended the arguments against him as well as Xonar has.
Then that would make you a very bad king and I'd never want to elect you. If you really can't notice it's part of what he is supposed to do and would lynch him for that you must have **** in your eyes.
I agree with you that SSBF is more suspicious than Xonar.
I'll summarize the day tomorrow and state the lynch.

-Your beautiful quing Guus

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Then that would make you a very bad king and I'd never want to elect you. If you really can't notice it's part of what he is supposed to do and would lynch him for that you must have **** in your eyes.
I agree with you that SSBF is more suspicious than Xonar.
I'll summarize the day tomorrow and state the lynch.

I assumed the yo momma joke was all his posting restriction was calling for and he was just one of those guys. my bad I guess. you know what they say about people that assume. :embarrass

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If you all try to lynch me solely because I say I don't feel like reading 20 pages, that's a very poor reason and I would call you scum for picking such an easy reason to wagon. I'm lazy so what.

@ SSBF it was a joke. I picked you and Blue Yoshi because SRB and Blue Yoshi had posted right before me. Then I thought "well actually SSBF posts a loooot" and meant to replace Blue Yoshi with your name, but I messed up and replaced SRB's with yours. No biggie and you're looking too hard into this and everything else.

@Blue Yoshi, you just triple posted, almost quadruple posted, while saying you don't post too much! Hahaha... but seriously that was a joke bro. Wocka Wocka Wocka.

@SRB, don't worry about me. Also don't make exceptions for me just because you know me. And also, I'm always scum because me and the Random Number Generator are dating~!

I'll make a more serious content post in a bit.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I said serious content but this is what you get instead.

Not Xonar, I don't care about SSBF, and I'd say SwordsRBroken.

Before anybody calls me out on lack of reasoning or some bologna, no.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
oh haha Gheb's deadline warning plus time zones equals ULTIMATE MINDGAMEZ!!!!!

I live in the Pacific time zone (Pacific North America), and at the time of his post, it was Tuesday 11:55 pm, so I assumed tomorrow meant Wednesday. you know what they say about people who assume ;)

Anyways, S2, from your skimming, you probably know this about me, but just so that you don't get confused too much, 90% of what I do will make no sense... and I do this purposefully. Self-voting is probably the dumbest thing you can do in a mafia game (with some exceptions), so, I do it as my first post in every mafia game I play. Also, whenever someone says doing something is scummy, the next time I post, I do that action (Xonar's Pinkies, for example). The quadruple post was done purposefully in response to you saying that we are scummy for posting too much.

But yeah, my posts will make no sense at times (or a very obvious contradiction, like the posting too much quadruple post). If it's an obvious contradiction, I did it purposefully, and it was meant to be a joke.

Just a warning for my future posts...

In real life, 90% of what I say is serious, and 90% of what I say is a joke. And that statement is not a joke (in other words, what I say is a joke, while being serious at the same time).

ok, I think I should stop before this post becomes completely pointless (as if it already isn't lol).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Deadline is today - midnight CET. Shouldn't be a problem for King Guus of Holland ;)

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
FYI that's still 13-14 hours left
Anyway BY, I don't like how you excuse yourself for any contradictions you've made and might make. I'm gonna ignore that argument every time you bring it up and see it as a scumtell rather than a towntell.

Yo mama house so dirty she has to wipe her feet before she goes outside.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
lol my post itself was not supposed to make sense :p

Take that post as you want, but... well, we've played before, and I've done that in our past games as well, so you should know my "make no sense" playstyle :p

Anyways, I just play these games for the fun of making no sense and joking around in a game where everything you say must be serious and make perfect sense (lol jk... well... at least for half of it...).

;)

But seriously guys, I really see nothing to talk about... either because we've already discussed it to death (like Xonar's lynch yesterday) or because... well, there isn't anything to talk about. I'm stuck to doing stupid posts that make no sense lol :p

Someone start up a good post of some sort so we can have some sort of direction with this conversation ;p

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
geez BY you are being rather distracting and flufftastic in your recent posts >_>

it's kinda hard to tell if you were just trying to help S2 understand you, or if you were just being preemptively defensive.... which I don't see being a very town-like move.

if you really want to talk I'd suggest making a case for who you want to be lynched or defend a person that you think might be lynched, if you think them likely town, and appeal to guus while you can.

it would help us with this to know who he is leaning toward or if it has changed.

and that's all I got. personally I'm good with Guus' last suspects so unless he has had a dramatic change in opinion, I've pretty much said all I wanted to say.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
If you're not gonna post something that makes sense 90% of the time, do things that mafia would do and then say that this is a warning for future reference. I also don't like how you say you play this game just for the heck of the fun of making no sense and joking around and then say at the end of that line JUST KIDDING.
You have definitly taken Xonar's place on my list. You're a very viable lynch candidate to me if your posts won't make sense now and won't in the future either.
What an easy excuse to hide your contradictions.
tl;dr; I agree with Xonars post above.

Here's the summary of the day as I saw it;
Xonar has constantly been on the suspect block. Fine by me, more info, but dragged on for a bit too long.
Swords kept asking to get Xonar lynched, never with reasoning behind it. You did not convince me AT ALL.
Blue Yoshi made a nice post on scenario's. It contained lots of fluff to make it bigger than the information in there suggests it should be.
Clownbot/Sold2- Clown didn't do anything noteworthy the first day, kept along the sidelines. Then he got replaced by Sold2, who is not planning to read the first 20 pages. I don't really mind this, but at least skim trough most of it.
After that, Xonar makes a big post, making me think better of him.
SSBF and Clownbot complimented him on his post. SSBF says he's way down on his scum list, next post he puts Xonar on top, as best lynch. :confuse:
SSBF brings attention to SRBlast, good thing IMO. SRB has seemed rather useless toDay and yesterDay, looking back.
SSBF didn't want to vote a lot because it might give him attention and could get him lynched. I'm going to be honest here, I've never seen someone being build a case on and getting lynched if they voted a lot. This changes however if all your votes go to the current bandwagon.
Blue Yoshi feels "attacked"(?) because he calls him out on posting alot, then he says he doesn't post a lot while quad posting. Okay.
SRB thinks Xonar is rude because of what is most likely his posting restriction, refers to it, and then says he would kill him over it. Really?
Sold2 still hasn't made a serious post attempting to contribute new content to the discussion.
Blue Yoshi makes his scummiest post yet, stating why we shouldn't take his post seriously and warning us about his contradictions.

Here is what I think of today.
I am going to lynch SwordsRBroken, he has been the most useless today, wanting nothing more than lynching Xonar. Almost every post he made was a one-liner or responding to something in no more than one line.
My next lynch would be a toss-up between SRB, Blue Yoshi and SSBF.
I feel Sold2 should be able to contribute Tomorrow, so I don't think lynching him is useful, altough Clownbot has been coasting toDay before he got replaced. This time, I'll blame it on him being absent a lot. I expect Sold2 to catch up a bit more.
Xonar doesn't seem scummy to me, being King is pretty weird role. You don't want the town(sfolk) to think you're going to lynch someone without a reason. Xonars lynch on McMaymays was pretty uncalled for, but I think it got some interesting results, whereas a SSBF lynch wouldn't have gained that much if he were a townie.
I'm not going to lynch myself :bee:

I don't want people to think I'm ignoring everything today by lynching Swords, I took note of it, but I want you guys to reread toDay and tell me what Swords has contributed and what would actually make him town. Swords, you can defend yourself, but it better be a **** good defense. You haven't made an attempt recently on contributing and something tells me you are not going to in the future. Is this to not let any scumslips out?

- Your beautiful quing Guus.

P.S. The lynch has not happened yet, I'll wait untill I'm going to bed (should be in about 6 hours or so)

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I claim. I Animal. I town cop. I investigate Xonar. He guilty. That why he be lynch. I Animal.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I honestly doubt that claim, a cop would never out himself on d2 already, that's just insanely dumb.

Yo mama so tall she tripped over a rock and hit her head on the moon.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, if Swords is scum, well... he's scum lol

If swords is town, and he's the cop, then Xonar is scum.

If swords is town, and he's not the cop... then... well... ugh...

Though I'm willing to bet that (at least?) one of the two are scum simply based off of their three recent posts (yes, I know I'm stating the obvious... but someone had to do it lol). I'm fine with either one being lynched today.

Although I wanted to leave my joke posts as joke posts... seeing as Guus is calling me on them... might as well prove where they are joke posts. Well... the quadruple post is easy to see it's a joke post... just re-read it as if I'm in a joking mood, and you'll see (basically I just wanted to make 4-5 posts... even if some were useless (namely my last one)).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
This was not meant to be a double post... but I already posted, so... :(

I am working, and won't be home for about 10 hours... so I'll take a guess and say the lynch will happen before I come back, so (unless I got timezones wrong again), I won't be posting anymore today.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Interesting claim.
I'm undecided on the lynch yet.
If I lynch Swords and he's cop, Xonar is scum.
If I lynch Xonar and he's scum Swords is cop and is likely to be nightkilled.
If I lynch Xonar and he's town, Swords is scum. Either way, I think we have one scum, now it's up to us to decide who it is.
Anyone care to post on the subject before I am forced to lynch someone?

-Your beautiful quing Guus.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Note: If there's a real cop out there and you want to counterclaim, it's up to you. It's your call to do so.

-Your beautiful quing Guus.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Clownbot/Sold2- Clown didn't do anything noteworthy the first day, kept along the sidelines. Then he got replaced by Sold2, who is not planning to read the first 20 pages. I don't really mind this, but at least skim trough most of it.

After that, Xonar makes a big post, making me think better of him.
I'll admit to not reading, nor do I plan to, if you want, SRB. I skimmed over Day 1 but didn't go through the details.
You skimmed my post, in which I say I skimmed, and tell me to skim! How much skim could a Sold2 skim if a Sold2 could skim skim? Wocka Wocka Wocka!

And also, big post =\= good. Go read Newbie 3 or ask raptor about it, they're not good at all imo.

@Xonar. Cop outing them self to catch 1 scum is a worthwhile trade imo.

As far as the lynch goes. I'd like to assume this is a simple set-up, given flavor of the game and the two flips we have already. Based on weight alone, if we lynch Swords, he can either be Cop or Mafia. If we lynch Xonar, he's most likely Townie or Mafia.

The only problem with this is that I haven't been particularly fond of Swords's lazy posts this day phase, and the frustration that comes across Xonar hints town to me. Town gets angry far more often than scum, from what I've seen.

Of course it's up to you, Guus, but personally I'd say lynch Xonar. If Swords truly is cop, he's more valuable.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Okay I have to go now, which means I have to lynch someone.

lynch: Xonar

Your lynch just seems more worthwhile. If you turn out town, Swords is next to go.

-Your sad, but still beautiful quing Guus.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Xonar (Statler, Mafia Goon) has been lynched!

Night 2 begins. All night actions and King votes due Saturday midnight CET!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Hey guys it's me again, Scooter. So how are things going? You got rid of some bad guy yet? I really hope so because ... you know ... I got some bad news for you:

SwordsRbroken (Animal - Town Cop) has been killed in the night.

Hmmm...so I see you already got rid of a bad guy yesterday? Now that's good to hear but since one of your friends was killed this night I think there's still some mafiosi left. Please keep on searching for the bad guys - you're on the right track here, guys! Since things went so well yesterday I'd like to announce the new - or rather old - king:

Guus has been re-elected as the king!

I leave things to you again hoping you'll do as well as yesterday. We need your help to get rid of the bad guys so please keep on doing your best! You have ten days time to come to a decision!

Day 3 starts
Deadline: 5th May; midnight CET

D

Deleted member

Before we do anything, we need to look at the people who didn't support his lynch. Basically anyone who did not vote for Xonar.

This leaves us with me, soaring-raptor-blast, Guus, Blue Yoshi, and Sold2/Clownbot. Guus is king so we can't really do anything about him, but me, soaring-raptor-blast, Blue Yoshi, and Sold2/Clownbot needs to be investigated to see who had the strongest connection wtih Xonar.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You do realize that is everyone who is in the game...?

Thanks for choosing me as a king today. As expected, Swords got nightkilled, but at least he caught us a scum. I'm glad I chose Xonar as the lynch. I know this doesn't clear me, but still glad I did it.
Will post more later

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
1 cop for 1 scum is plenty good trade, especially when there's only 2 scum(I assume). Also Guus you're not clear but apparently everyone feels comfortable enough with you to elect you again lol. Oh Sunday.

D

Deleted member

@Sold2: Excuse me, but nothing is good about a townie getting killed when it comes to townie.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I agree with Sold, I don't see how what happened yesterday was a bad thing. It's a shame I had to call Swords out to reveal his identity, but otherwise I wouldn't have lynched Xonar, so I guess it was the right thing to do.
What do you mean with your last statement. It's pretty, no, very obvious that a townie gets nightkilled. If anything, I could have lynched a townie yesterday, plus a nightkill would have been made this night. That would be a lot worse, don't you think?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
When I have the time, I'm going to go through a full re-read. As already stated, everyone who pushed a Xonar lynch (before he was semi-confirmed to be the lynch... as in, since the start of day 2 or earlier) will look much more town in my books (obviously not 100%, but much more town).

Problem, as usual, is that I don't ever have a large block of time available where I'm able to read for... however long it would take to read everything.

But yeah... some people should re-read everything (hopefully me included). Lots of info can be gained from a re-read.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
This game looks a lot smaller every time I look at it. Who's still alive even? Me, Blue Yoshi, Guus, SSBF, and SRB? IMO SRB looking most suspicious out of everyone. He's been pretty useless.

Is it really a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?

Top Bottom