• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth walking down tilt is also pretty solid, but MK's may be the best in the game overall due to disjoint. Diddy has a slightly better on hit angle, but MK's feels safer/longer.
Only thing I feel I'm missing in execution from the tilt stick transition is pivot up smashes.

Otherwise all gains.
Walking down tilt is one of my favourite things in this game on nearly every character because of tilt stick :p

and the day they take 15-20 frames off of Marth and MK's forward air auto cancels is the day this game is almost complete.
Going just by frame data, back airing is always a better choice to fair.

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Marth walking down tilt is also pretty solid, but MK's may be the best in the game overall due to disjoint. Diddy has a slightly better on hit angle, but MK's feels safer/longer.
Only thing I feel I'm missing in execution from the tilt stick transition is pivot up smashes.

Otherwise all gains.
Walking down tilt is one of my favourite things in this game on nearly every character because of tilt stick :p

and the day they take 15-20 frames off of Marth and MK's forward air auto cancels is the day this game is almost complete.
Going just by frame data, back airing is always a better choice to fair.
I'd be fine with fair getting the same treatment as nair, shave off some landing lag so that you can use it with out having the ridiculousness that would be a multi-hit autocanceling fair. It's got a great disjoint and comes out pretty quick, but it's just... so unusable. Even offstage, the reward is less than bair, and you're locked into it for 46 frames. If they decreased the landing lag on fair so that max spacing it's minus enough on shield that you would need a frame 3-5 or so move to retaliate I'll be happy with it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's simpler and is probably preferred, but then you have to think about the first/second hit comboing when landed into the ground. They probably have gone with numbers that devoid you of FF fair to shuttle loop/up smash/up tilt/etcetc

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
It's simpler and is probably preferred, but then you have to think about the first/second hit comboing when landed into the ground. They probably have gone with numbers that devoid you of FF fair to shuttle loop/up smash/up tilt/etcetc
I hadn't that of that. Kuroganehammer.com shows the third hit as being a separate entity to the first and second hits, so potentially they could decrease the endlag on only the third hit? Just throwing around ideas. Such a long range confirm into upb would be pretty absurd now that I think about it.. Almost as absurd as Ryu's confirms into Shoryuken heheh

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The third hit's listed separately because it's the only hit with different numbers to it, all three hitboxes fall under the same subaction. I don't think the game's coded in a way that would allow for variable landing lag on the same attack.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
The third hit's listed separately because it's the only hit with different numbers to it, all three hitboxes fall under the same subaction. I don't think the game's coded in a way that would allow for variable landing lag on the same attack.
Ah that answers that then. Thanks

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
what is that supposed to mean

I've been following this thread for a long time

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
You licked the character and now it's yours and everyone who plays it after you did is a fraud? Bruh.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
on the subject of Leo's Meta Knight.
TBH I really don't care about him. I never watched the stream nor the video nor do i really want to watch them.
I've been knowing about how good MK is since that one gif of Ito and after that i even tried to main him but stopped due to intense frauditude (If I a fraud now I was a super fraud back then like Shuttle Loop, the player levels of bad) and really only started maining him now on a whim
I think as far as my characters go I think MK might actually stay for a while as I've been doing 2 weeks+ of playing as him more than Villager or Swordfighter
Still I accept being called a fraud cuz i am

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So am I a fraud too then? I liked the character before I even knew who Ito was, let alone Leo but due to my younger selfs' laziness and my city's lack of a Smash scene, I'm stuck with online matches.

I mean, if I'm a fraud then cool but damnit, I am one of few who shows FG that the character is not a push over!

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Not sure if I have to explain this (is anyone actually annoyed by being called a MK fraud?) but I'm going to anyway.

IMO you're a MK fraud if, for example
  • You saw Leo vs Mr R and decided to pick up MK, only to give up on him a week or two later when you realised he's harder to play than you thought. 'Give up' meaning drop him completely, or relegate him to a "secondary" or "pocket" character
  • You play MK cause you think Uair combos are broken, but don't realise that they require a lot of practice to pull off against a good opponent in a real match consistently, and only go for Uairs after any set up move and fail almost all of the time
:p

Calling anyone who picked up MK from the beginning of summer onwards a fraud is just a joke dudes. Hell I only picked him up at the end of May but that's because I'm a poor student and only managed to get a Wii U + Sm4sh for my birthday thanks to a majority of my loved ones pooling together. I'm def not a fraud though cause I have stuck with him and consider myself very much involved in the MK community.

When someone hires me for being awesome at science and I move house I'm going to show you all what I can do when I start going to tournaments. I'm going to work hard to improve and eventually become the best MK in the UK (come at me warionumbah2 warionumbah2 and N~W . N~W . )

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I also need more practice. I spent more than 3 hours playing FG with MK. Of course, its not true practice because most people on FG don't play like tournament players.

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I have to explain this (is anyone actually annoyed by being called a MK fraud?) but I'm going to anyway.

• You saw Leo vs Mr R and decided to pick up MK, only to give up on him a week or two later when you realised he's harder to play than you thought. 'Give up' meaning drop him completely, or relegate him to a "secondary" or "pocket" character
  • You play MK cause you think Uair combos are broken, but don't realise that they require a lot of practice to pull off against a good opponent in a real match consistently, and only go for Uairs after any set up move and fail almost all of the time

Calling anyone who picked up MK from the beginning of summer onwards a fraud is just a joke dudes. Hell I only picked him up at the end of May but that's because I'm a poor student and only managed to get a Wii U + Sm4sh for my birthday thanks to a majority of my loved ones pooling together. I'm def not a fraud though cause I have stuck with him and consider myself very much involved in the MK community.

When someone hires me for being awesome at science and I move house I'm going to show you all what I can do when I start going to tournaments. I'm going to work hard to improve and eventually become the best MK in the UK (come at me warionumbah2 warionumbah2 and N~W . N~W . )
Cool I'm up for it. There's so many things I still need to implement and learn with this character. If anything, I'd say Bowser fundamentals are carrying me at the moment in terms of reads, spacing, punishing and mind games. The other day I was finding that falling uair combos into uairs into up b and I can use it to read rolls to get kills at around 40-50% on characters who get hit by it.

It's fun discovering stuff like that and I feel as if the more I learn the game and get a better grasp on how to play it, the better my MK gets.

To be honest, I started playing this character for fun aside Bowser when the Wii U version came out. Usually I'd go first game MK and if I lost I'd use Bowser. My MK only really started levelling up when I got the game about 2-3 months ago and labbed with him. People initially said it was a waste of time for me to learn him but some of those same people now are starting to see what's up. I used to doubt myself when I beat some players as MK but some of them I'm starting to beat consistently. That's given me more confidence to use him at tournament.

Looking forward to DBZ 7 as Mr R and a lot of strong European players are coming to it. I'm just gonna go there to have fun. If I screw up then that means I have much left to learn :4metaknight:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Are you saying that I'm not a fraud? EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!!!!!1one1!!!!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So I'm not a fraud, I'm just a scrub xD good to know. That being said, I did win a few matches against that one MK from the Skype group. Didn't get too many combos but I got the reads. Thanks Brawl!

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Tourny today.
Last night I had a long ass training session to prepare. Basically playing Meta Knight vs. The best two players in the city for like 9 hours straight. We played on one of the lag-free TVs that will be used in the tourny.. I never knew it was THAT different. Things like the uair strings and f-throw to Shuttle Loop were so much easier to pull off. The window was just so much bigger. I loved it. I probably should get one of those.

I'm kind of nervous about running the tourny. I thought I would barely get 30 to sign up but about 60 did.. Some are coming from out of the city. The champ of the capital is coming as well, an 8 hours drive from there.

I really need to make this event the best thing ever, I am not going to make any compromises. It must go exactly like I have in mind.

TECH-1X1.jpg

The logo and name of the tourny. And yes, we are going to play airhorns/sad airhorns/violin every time someone doesn't tech those. (;

Wish me luck and channel me your energy. I'm gonna need it.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Tourny today.
Last night I had a long *** training session to prepare. Basically playing Meta Knight vs. The best two players in the city for like 9 hours straight. We played on one of the lag-free TVs that will be used in the tourny.. I never knew it was THAT different. Things like the uair strings and f-throw to Shuttle Loop were so much easier to pull off. The window was just so much bigger. I loved it. I probably should get one of those.

I'm kind of nervous about running the tourny. I thought I would barely get 30 to sign up but about 60 did.. Some are coming from out of the city. The champ of the capital is coming as well, an 8 hours drive from there.

I really need to make this event the best thing ever, I am not going to make any compromises. It must go exactly like I have in mind.

View attachment 75337

The logo and name of the tourny. And yes, we are going to play airhorns/sad airhorns/violin every time someone doesn't tech those. (;

Good Luck! Have fun and learn as much as you can!

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
So I realized why my MK in Smash 4 isn't up to par.
It's because I'm trying to juggle between Smash 4 MK and MK in Project M.

Now that I've realized this, I will start focusing on MK only in Smash 4 and get another main in PM.

busken

Smash Ace
feels weird having sooooooooooooooo many more people on this board. Usually if you'll leave for a week or two you won't get so much activity. I would wonder what the future of this board would be, but I already know MK's destiny.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Tourny today.
Last night I had a long *** training session to prepare. Basically playing Meta Knight vs. The best two players in the city for like 9 hours straight. We played on one of the lag-free TVs that will be used in the tourny.. I never knew it was THAT different. Things like the uair strings and f-throw to Shuttle Loop were so much easier to pull off. The window was just so much bigger. I loved it. I probably should get one of those.

View attachment 75337

What do you mean, lag free tv? Like a crt instead of an hd tv? Cause it shouldn't matter

Top Bottom