• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
Name: tyro8
Talents: play smash, draw, READS
Likes: smash, girls, music rap, hip hop, some smash themes, sleep, tyrannnosaurus rex, cars
Dislikes: racism, geometry
Goals: become a top player, be a good person irl and have a good family
Other facts: ding dong combo and u air combos are da best

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Central America reps go!
You just reminded me how much I've been slacking into updating the OP....
:196:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
@ Krysco Krysco

If you like ROB then play ROB, I wouldn't say he covers any bad MUs though. The only ones you might really want to cover are ZSS and Greninja and (correct if I'm wrong) I don't think ROB does particularly well in either of them.

By the way man your font colour is painful lol, I had to ctrl+A to read your post.
I get that philosophy of using a character if you enjoy them and I do enjoy R.O.B. There might be some mus where I'd rather use R.O.B. over MK even if the mu is equal or in MKs favor if R.O.B. simply feels more comfortable to me. I was just wondering if he's considered a good secondary to go along with MK. Like, back in Brawl I mained Wolf and Pikachu was my secondary and those two alone gave me an equal or advantageous mu against every character in the game save for Diddy. Didn't matter since I never went to tournaments but it was cool to see that my two best characters covered 38 mus so well. I wouldn't bother asking if R.O.B. was low tier since the answer would most likely be no but since he's generally considered mid tier at worst, I figured I'd ask.

As for my font colour, yeah I know =P Smashboards allows me to use my favourite colour and so I use it despite the eye sore it can be. Might mess around with it and see if there's a lighter shade of purple that can be used so my posts don't cause any further eye damage.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
My MK alternate colour tier list

A: Red, White
B: Default, Grey
C: Galacta, Edgy, Green
D: Pink

For reference

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Galacta Knight is inferior, doesn't he just turn up and get bodied in the Kirby games? Why would you want to dress up as a scrub?

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
Am I the only one who uses the white theme over the black?
the white one has way to much light i prefer sugilite

For reference

o.o galacta and edgy C how dare u galacta is tha 2nd best knight he aint no scrub nitendo has to help him make that comeback

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991

For reference

Er, by edgy are you referring to #5? I don't see it being edgy, it's just dark blue. Plus, a lot of people thought that was referring to Dark Meta Knight before they added the ACTUAL Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight outfits in SSB4. I liked how almost all his outfits had differing eye colors, but now they removed that from green (had a greenish silver tint) and Red (orange tint). The only ones with that little extra detail NOW are the pink one with silver, and Galacta Knight and the dark blue with red. ANYWAYS, minor nitpicks aside, I kinda haven't picked a favorite yet, as I feel they're all really good. (Even the pink one, because it has the duo colored cape which looks nice...and you can kinda call that version the Kirby Knight :p)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've said this before but pink got nerfed. It used to have yellow and pink wings and now they're just pink. The golden gauntlets are a nice touch though.

My outfit 'tier list':
Galacta Knight
Red
Green
Grey
Pink
Blue
White

Pink would be above grey if it had the yellow/pink wings. White is too white for my liking and I've never been a fan of blue, mostly the cape.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I gave mine in an earlier post but I'll give it again. Name is Krysco Pew and picture is an upset, red anthropomorphic creature with a speech bubble that says 'poop'...don't ask xD

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
Id like to help. Do I have to have any type of recording equipment or can it just be done in game?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm on a quest to become a legendary fraud and my latest adventures have brought me here

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Skype group is filled with too much non-information.
This is my fault, I sidetrack the chat a lot, though we do genuinely talk about MK stuff I swear.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Skype group is filled with too much non-information.

Does anyone here have a way of testing the shield hit lag of Meta Knight's moves?

@ Shaya Shaya
What do you mean by testing this exactly?

Hit lag on shield for the receiver is always floor([Damage / 2.6] + 5). And for meta knight the aforementioned has the hitlag modifier applied (usually would be times 1.0)

Ulevo

Smash Master
What do you mean by testing this exactly?

Hit lag on shield for the receiver is always floor([Damage / 2.6] + 5). And for meta knight the aforementioned has the hitlag modifier applied (usually would be times 1.0)
Oh, so it could be calculated? I was under the assumption a 60 fps camera was necessary to count the frames of shield hit lag.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I did Up throw to Shuttle Loop, I know that shouldn't work but the fact it did made me so happy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh, so it could be calculated? I was under the assumption a 60 fps camera was necessary to count the frames of shield hit lag.
From what I've seen that formula is correct.
If you want to know the hitlag modifiers of moves you need to look at dantarion/master core.

Must remember that the flooring occurs after hit lag modification.

8.8 frames of hit lag calculated is going to be 8 frames, while a hit lag modifier of 1.25x will make it 11 in game, not 8 * 1.25 scaling back to 10.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Today:

5th out of 60 in bracket.

All Meta Knight. Beat that Yoshi that beat me a few weeks ago. Got multiple Up Air strings to death combos. In one set, 3 out of 4 stocks I claimed were taken by that combo. I did well. I overcame barriers and realized some big things. Today was a good day.
Grats man
Villager looks on in the distance

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Day one of returning to Fraud Knight:
I think i have the 2 up air to up b combo down and I'm not completely incompetent at more up airs
Meta Knight is now the only character whom i can do a footstool combo with
Goash Darn I never felt as stressed in smash as i do when I play MK against someone :/

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Today's results:

2nd out of 20 teams. 3rd out of 57 today in singles!! I played so well today and I got several sets recorded. I finally beat Ksev! I almost beat Zinoto also. Something in me clicked after my two week break. Sets will be posted tomorrow!

Last edited:
Top Bottom