• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Urameshi_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ban00dle
can i also be added to the skype group? my name on skype is: UrameshiMk

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bleh, I'll go back on my own words from before and ask to join the Skype group too. The socializing one that is. I wouldn't be much help in the mu one unless someone cares for the mus of laggy, time based, doubles matches with no team attack on FD. Skype is Krysco Pew.

Last edited:

Twiranitar

Smash Cadet
Whoever changed the tread title is a savage. We shouldn't let those under-developed puffball mains enter here, anyways. :p

And greetings, Meta Knight boards. I'm just lurking over here because I don't have anything useful to say to all of you, while the things y'all say are useful to me.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Whoever changed the tread title is a savage. We shouldn't let those under-developed puffball mains enter here, anyways.

And greetings, Meta Knight boards. I'm just lurking over here because I don't have anything useful to say to all of you, while the things y'all say are useful to me.
Rude we just want to be friends :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Whoever changed the tread title is a savage. We shouldn't let those under-developed puffball mains enter here, anyways.

Hi fellow lurker!

Just a reminder that this bat cave welcomes people to come in, but they can't expect to initiate a discussion about their character and leave without a blade scar.
:196:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
To be fair, during the series, MK was just baffled that Kirby wasn't at the level of a Star Warrior.
Like, he had the potential, even is able to beat MK himself, but then he decides to act as an idiot.

I can only imagine MK's thoughts "is he trolling?" "is he legit stupid and acts out of instinct?" "why does he keep on defending this awful planet?" "whyyyyy" and such.

:196:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Does it matter if its motion + or not?

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Does it matter if its motion + or not?
I find that using a wii mote without a motion plus, but with the little motion plus plugin put into it is pretty good. It really equalizes the balance and grip to have that extra 2 cm on the end.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Lol doods stahp trollin
You doubt the tellings of experienced MK mains? Wiimote is the new MK meta. I used to use the Classic Controller but I have seen the light; with the Wiimote, Uair combos are easier than ever, and the Sheik matchup is an absolute doddle.

busken

Smash Ace
Looks like I'll have to make a skype. Right now I'm trying to solidfy my neutral as I feel it's the weakest part of my game. I think this extended dash dance thing can be really helpful.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Results last night: 17th out of 89. My worst performance since initially picking up this character. Lost to some random ZSS and a decent Sheik who just camped after I bodied him Game 1.

Same ****, every tournament. Sheik, Luigi, ZSS, Yoshi.

Maybe I should just pick up some busted easy mode ass character rofl. I cannot keep doing this.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm trying to find that post by @Ulevo about shuttle loop sweetspot but can't find it.
Also, situational but uair to mid-air jump and immediate Mach Tornado is a combo at certain percents. Works well with having a shoulder button set to jump.
Another thing. Turn off A+B smash if you haven't already because it messes with multijab ledge cancel.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Results last night: 17th out of 89. My worst performance since initially picking up this character. Lost to some random ZSS and a decent Sheik who just camped after I bodied him Game 1.

Same ****, every tournament. Sheik, Luigi, ZSS, Yoshi.

Maybe I should just pick up some busted easy mode *** character rofl. I cannot keep doing this.
I feel you, just got rekt by Luigi :(

I didn't play the MU correctly though, should have camped the platform a lot more (SV both games), so partly my blame.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
I was doing some matches earlier on dreamland, and I was suprised by how easy it was to circle camp/platform camp/ run away in general as a strategy. Guess I learned something new. Also, I feel that it is way too easy to get the forward/backward hit as opposed to the upward hit on the up-b.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Excellent I've caught up with life, now I can post...

Had the monthly last week and I finally broke my 9th streak........
by coming 17th......

Not too fussed since I would put it as one of the hardest brackets I've ever had to face in addition to being the largest tournament I've ever been to (126? and numbers likely to keep increasing...)

Double Luigi was terrifying, but kept things on top and took it as slowly as I could. Can't remember the 3rd set, even if it's only been a week (sorry if you see this).

But lost my 4th and 5th set to Rosaluma and Sheik respectively, two match ups I've barely ever faced. The RosaLuma set was very close however and I lost trying to mix up my recovery with an auto cancel cape, but the up-smash arc/range is too big to escape.
As for Sheik, I just got dominated hard since there are no Sheiks down here, never really seen how safe / almost impossible to exploitable her attacks are, but on the other hand I feel like I may have played too aggressively in the set.

Before I go back to lurking as usual, hows the Skype shaping up? Seems to be a lot of talk about it just curious how it's going?

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Uh. Hi. Can I be added to the Skype group? Skype:Helloimdeath

I've got a tournament to attend next week, around 20+ entrance so far.. I keep wanting to train but goddamn MGSV stands in the way. ;-;

Urameshi_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ban00dle
I'm sure some of you were aware of this before with it probably only being a thing with mac and his ko punch from rapid jab but now apparently you can throw in special moves with multi jabs at the ledge as soon as your jab slides you off, opening up a kill option or a nice punish for neutral get ups

Edit: i tested it with nado and up b and it doesn't actually need a+b to be off but you need to be kinda quick to input your special otherwise you'll just slide off stage doing a nair.

http://youtu.be/GzhuS8K18Yo

Last edited:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Hi, Meta Knight mains! Just wanted to drop this in: the Kirby boards have been discussing the puffball's eternal rival, Meta Knight! If you could, please lend any sort of advice on the MU and input it HERE.

Thank you very much guys, and may the clash of swords be a good one!

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Had a good run at my local monthly. http://competitivegaming.challonge.com/k9lc6afo

4th place boys! Got sent to losers by Gile, who plays a mean Ganon. I was not expecting how good he was lol and play suffered because of it. Beat 603 who is a really solid Pikachu. Ended up losing to MrRyanNess who plays Yoshi. Damn, that matchup is annoying. Altogether really satisfied with how today went! I JV3'd a villager lol

:dazwa: Remains the reigning King of Maine Smash

Last edited:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Yesterday I got kinda better with some MK stuff, but I noticed and learned that I SUCK with the Bair > Dtilt lock

Couldn't do it consistently, or even set it up cuz I don't know how lol, and the best part was when I couldn't think on how should I follow up with when I got it on low %
I think doing a simple charged Fsmash wouldn't be that good, probably there could be a lot better options damage wise, like converting into a combo or something like that. Was thinking on some setups for Uair stings, but my brain can't think on something real good Dx

The good thing is that I still beat most people in my city with my not optimal MK, so yeah

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Got 2nd out of... 40+, I forgot to ask how many were there >_>
Went through Winners Bracket cleanly for the most part, but a Luigi gave me trouble halfway in. Faced TheReflexWonder's Wario in WF, got bodied 3-0. Came back in Grand Finals and took a game off him, but he was using Lucario on that one. Every time I was in the air I felt so pressured, kept letting myself do the neutral ledge getup into his Chomp attack, and got a bit too greedy at some points too... Still, I'm satisfied with what I got. Yo, could I join the skype group? Skype name is the same as my Smashboards name.

SAX

Smash Ace
For the yoshi matchup, All you have to do is get under his. Yoshi has a really hard time landing against mk, and is one of the few characters that can truly edge guard him. I never have trouble with it, but you just have to respect yoshi's ground game. Grounded yoshi is pretty easy to bait out tho. MK wins the match up for sure. Like poltergust is a better player than me and I force him to go luigi lol. He will never go yoshi against me any more haha

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Random thought: is u-throw to up-b a thing at some percents?

Edit: kills at 50% on top platform of battlefield, assumably similar on dreamland, but only if they aren't expecting it or you get a good read.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Before anyone says anything, it's been a day and a half with no posts on a normally active social.

(definitely nothing under here)

Now, go help a fellow underling of the Triple D and vote for Bandana Dee on the ballot!

Last edited:

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
Uthrow to up b is not a true combo, but dash grab to fthrow to up b with no di works. They wont be able to di in time because of how fast it comes out.

Top Bottom