• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Finished 4th out of like 18? Won many clutch games. I think I have a thing for this character again.
Actually, the ones I lost were because I wasn't familiar with the opponents' matchups and switched characters.
:196:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Considering every top metaknight (other than leo) know about the uair combo percents on the whole cast you expect floaty characters to get **** on. Tyrant already displayed it against ally and ito demolished a villager and kirby by ending their stocks below 20, floaty characters are so easy no matter how they DI its super easy to follow them.

Oh forgot that salena got the uair combos on ranai every game but dropped them due to missing the shuttle loops or fast fall inbetween for no reason. Even pocket metaknights like abadango is abusing metaknights dominance on floaty characters.

Next time you fight marth get him to 20-23% get the final hit of dash attack and uair him 5 times before shuttle loop. He's basically lost at that point.
I don't know the percents, but I somewhat know which characters are floaty and light, except for most of the newcomers. I don't hace a WiiU so I can't really test it. So that's why I mostly end up having to go for hard Fsmash reads and/or baiting stuff to get the kills ._.

Also, there are many times when I can't actually follow up Dash attack with the Uairs, as they have enough time to airdodge, just wondering, does the Uair follow-up need to be buffered for it to work, or it's that it's not the "good" percent anymore? Is there a place I can find those so next time I can play I just need to practice them instead of having to look for it on every character?(can't do it as it's friendlies only and no time to actually test stuff...

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I don't know the percents, but I somewhat know which characters are floaty and light, except for most of the newcomers. I don't hace a WiiU so I can't really test it. So that's why I mostly end up having to go for hard Fsmash reads and/or baiting stuff to get the kills ._.
Getting kills at high %s:
  • Dash attack or sliding Fthrow to Shuttle Loop can still work until about 110%
  • Uair to Shuttle Loop
  • Ftilt 1 to Shuttle Launch
  • Dtilt to running Shuttle Launch or DCape
  • Bait with shield (eg. dash into shield) to Shuttle Launch OOS
  • Save DCape for a read when they're at kill %

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So I've been using the tag CSE~Pamyu for a while now.

Just this last weekend my crewmates noticed, but still nobody seemed to know what it refers to.

I sometimes feel I'm too much of a weeb.... even more than the guy who actually went to Japan and has a huge collection of Gundam, One Piece and Pokémon.

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Came 7th out of 48 in my weekly yesterday using solo MK.

Bracket: http://gp-tips.challonge.com/dmm12

By the way for those who are wondering why some of the scores are '-1s', they couldn't finish grand finals in time so 1st/2nd split the 1st and 2nd pot winnings.

One of my matches was streamed which was nice. I'll be putting that twitch archive in the video thread.

Got sent to losers by Khanage, an up and coming Peach player. I 2-0ed him at KiC then he came back to 2-0 me with Peach. My matches vs Peach seem so 50-50 heavy. Either I'll just get the early dash attack > uairs to up b and kill her easily or she'll just zone me out, survive until high rage and she'll just fair me and I'll die at 60%. I'm thinking of just using D3 in that match-up as he has big horizontal hit boxes which is something Peach struggles with. There are many things I gotta work on vs Peach to be honest, like how to edge guard her as well.

Got eliminated by Hoe4u, a pikachu player. I started out fine at first using nair to stop quick attacks but I started getting to Dash Attack happy at uair kill percents and got punished for it every time. Which didn't work out well in the grand scheme of things.

Things I Noted From That Day

Played a Jigglypuff player in friendlies and it was really weird. The neutral between those characters is just weird in general and you can't be too reckless with your approaches unless you wanna die at like 50% to rest. But it was fun nonetheless. It forced me to work on my aerial frame traps.

Starting to get a little bit more comfortable with the Luigi match-up after facing J.Miller in long set of friendlies before the tournament. It's a case of Luigi's Position > Your Percent over anything else really. He should be uploading the notable friendlies matches on his Youtube channel. (I said something similar last time for KiC and can you believe they still haven't uploaded Top 8 of that tourney yet?)

But yeah overall not bad. A little worse than last time but the competition for this one was stronger and I still got a top 8 spot so I can't be too disappointed at the result. This'll be the last one before I have to go to DBZ 7 in October. Gotta do some serious lab work until then.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sheesh Meta Knight mains are bloodthirsty

Here I am frauding with Pink Meta Knight

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
So I've been using the tag CSE~Pamyu for a while now.

Just this last weekend my crewmates noticed, but still nobody seemed to know what it refers to.

I sometimes feel I'm too much of a weeb.... even more than the guy who actually went to Japan and has a huge collection of Gundam, One Piece and Pokémon.
bruh pokemon aint weeb instead u talking of excess of love to dawm, serene and those b****
Thread title should read "Five nights at Meta Knights: the game where you must survive five up airs to Shuttle Loop."
its impossible to pass that game

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yesterday's results:

5th out of 71 entrants. Lost to 1st and 2nd place lol. I played so many Fox and Diddy players for some reason. Beat a very good formerly ranked Diddy off stream (he was inactive for a while). At one point I gimped him with Jab at 20 when he was recovering lol Lost to Zinoto :4diddy: and Regralht :4yoshi:.

Zinoto bopped me but I went last hit with Reg. I dropped a lot of combos though. Nerves. I'll get better at it. Overall, it was fun. My placements have been good lately. I truly feel as if I did level up recently. Just getting started though.

Bracket:

http://smashboards.com/threads/smashfield-weeklies-7-southfield-mi-9-17-15.417899/

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
yo today is the meta knight day or something like that, but cool to see Tyrant and Ito and Katakiri and Tech in the same tourney
They're trying to end the Smash community's lazy lifestyle, one Shuttle Loop at a time

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Just wanna say there as some random called "Leo Itou" and mains Diddy and has Metaknight as a pocket. He drowned in pools. I hope none of you come up with a **** name like this. Thank you and stay safe.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I think i played more Meta Knight than Villager this week, send help

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If the Sheik knows how to throw 1 single Needle, the matchup is suddenly ten times more difficult.
Seriously, most Sheiks only charge Needles until full and don't really 1-Needle camp.

It's not the only reason MK loses it, but yeah, it's a factor.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Tyrant lost to void TWICE, ito also lost to void.
Anyone calling that mu even are idiots, anyone who picks up mk to fight sheik... good luck.
One day a random low tier is going to catch a top level sheik main slipping and everyone will hailing that character as the anti sheik character

Sheik is so dumb btw

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Something something "rosalina match up".
Heavily one sided neutral but MK can still get those near-death combos.

It's probably even at worse for Rosa, IMO.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
https://youtu.be/-p-LzgJGGg8?t=14m31s

Some of you may not know this but Fair can be autocanceled after the 2nd hit. With higher damage on your opponent/rage, if you time this right, you have enough hitstun to get a follow up from this. Not sure when its true but this can lead to kills. Its situational but just wanted to show that Fair has uses.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Just wanna say there as some random called "Leo Itou" and mains Diddy and has Metaknight as a pocket. He drowned in pools. I hope none of you come up with a **** name like this. Thank you and stay safe.
LOL I remember that guy, he's just a wifi random who always got ez wins via wifi bs in brawl. He probably pockets MK because he watched Leo and thinks MK is easy and wins just by itself(he's from Mexico)... Pretty much like many others who said MK sucks are and now I've seen them trying to play MK post Smash Factor.

Btw, I keep not counting the number of Uairs I hit with and the result is not killing people. Man, I gotta git gud at that FailFish

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
https://youtu.be/-p-LzgJGGg8?t=14m31s

Some of you may not know this but Fair can be autocanceled after the 2nd hit. With higher damage on your opponent/rage, if you time this right, you have enough hitstun to get a follow up from this. Not sure when its true but this can lead to kills. Its situational but just wanted to show that Fair has uses.
I don't know if that's possible, perhaps you landing synced it?
Looking at it, you didn't instantly shield after landing though, it was a while.

2.28:58 hit mario at this stage
2.28:45 landed (roughly)
2.28.11 shield was up by this stage

Although not perfect, that's close to a third of a second, which is 20 frames, which is Meta Knight's fair landing lag. I'm not sure if that's the animation for the landing lag itself, but it did look like you moved just before shield came up though.
warionumbah2 warionumbah2 is this a worthy radical moment? :p

Anyway, somewhat related kinda gifty:

Attack | DMG | ShieldStun | Fresh | Mod | Att | Diff | Hit Frame | Duration | Ending | AC Frame | Landing Lag | Full Action | Auto Cancel | Landing
Neutral Air Sweet | 10 | 4 | *+ | 1 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 2 | 43 | 43 | 16 | [-32,-33] | [-33,-34] | -12
Neutral Air Sour | 7.5 | 3 | *+ | 1 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 13 | 43 | 43 | 16 | [-20,-32] | [-21,-33] | -13
Forward Air Pre | 2.2 | 1 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 9 | 4 | 45 | 44 | 20 | [-32,-35] | [-32,-35] | -19
Forward Air Final | 3 | 1 | | 2 | 0 | -3 | 15 | 1 | 45 | 44 | 20 | [-32,-32] | [-32,-32] | -22
Back Air Pre | 2.2 | 1 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 7 | 8 | 51 | 40 | 18 | [-36,-43] | [-26,-33] | -17
Back Air Final | 4 | 1 | | 2 | 0 | -4 | 20 | 2 | 51 | 40 | 18 | [-33,-34] | [-23,-24] | -21
Up Air | 5 | 2 | *+ | 1 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 1 | 26 | 24 | 18 | [-18,-18] | [-17,-17] | -16
Down Air | 6 | 2 | | 1 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 27 | 26 | 22 | [-21,-21] | [-21,-21] | -20

tl;dr Auto cancelling bair, uair, dair is worthwhile, staying in the air after uair/dair is worthwhile, otherwise always landing ASAP.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Its disgusting what they did to Metaknights sh game, i hate looking at the frame data of his landing lag its upsetting.

Also im on the attack stick hype, i can't go back to c stick unless im fighting pikachu. Walking Dtilt is disgusting honestly no other character(cept Diddy) has such a dumb Dtilt while walking.

Dtilt is such a good spacing tool....against characters with **** ground range. Dtilt outranges all of Sheiks ground moves other than F-Smash and Rapid Jab. Dtilt is disjointed,frame 3 and can cause tripping. But Sheik has Fair. I hate this character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom