• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

busken

Smash Ace
damn abadango play nairo off stream so we couldnt see the battle, Nairo didnt go ZSS though..

EDIT: wait i think nairo did go ZSS lol

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
http://pulse-gaming.challonge.com/SFW9/standings

This is the bracket from the pre-Big House tournament. 128 entrants. **** was stacked AF lol

Both Katakiri and I tied for 17th. Abadango took 3rd. He started the day off using mostly Pacman but then switched to mostly MK for bracket. I lost to BoScotty's Rob (ranked Chicago player) in a close set to get 2nd in my pool. As I was second seed, I started bracket in Loser's. I played Regralht (Best Yoshi in MI) for my first set. Lost Game 1 because he landed a Down B on me when he had 160% rage and I was at 100%. Game 2 was last hit also. I clutched it out with an OoS Shuttle Loop. Game 3, I almost JV 2 stocked him. I then immediately played Ryuga (best Ike in the world). Both games were last hit. I even got a early death combo on him. I performed well but I'm about to tear **** up at Big House.

The MKs that will be at Big House are:

Technology
S2H
Abadango

Katakiri will be farming free $ at a local event. Tyrant lost 0-2 to Pre-registration. Ito was never going AFAIK.

Wish us luck! I will give it my all and then some for you guys!

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

This is the bracket from the pre-Big House tournament. 128 entrants. **** was stacked AF lol

Both Katakiri and I tied for 17th. Abadango took 3rd. He started the day off using mostly Pacman but then switched to mostly MK for bracket. I lost to BoScotty's Rob (ranked Chicago player) in a close set to get 2nd in my pool. As I was second seed, I started bracket in Loser's. I played Regralht (Best Yoshi in MI) for my first set. Lost Game 1 because he landed a Down B on me when he had 160% rage and I was at 100%. Game 2 was last hit also. I clutched it out with an OoS Shuttle Loop. Game 3, I almost JV 2 stocked him. I then immediately played Ryuga (best Ike in the world). Both games were last hit. I even got a early death combo on him. I performed well but I'm about to tear **** up at Big House.

Technology
S2H
Abadango

Katakiri will be farming free $ at a local event. Tyrant lost 0-2 to Pre-registration. Ito was never going AFAIK.

Good luck ZTD | TECHnology ZTD | TECHnology and the MKs! Hopefully you guys will be on stream.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This stream calling the BNB the "LEO COMBO".

This community sometimes...

:196:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
I got everyone in my community to call the combo the Stairway to heaven. Idc if ZSS's was called that earlier ours is much more epic and deserves that name.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Ok, so I don't know if this is right, but I've heard that Marth is a good secondary for MK. If that's true, that could prove helpful to me, as I co main MK and Lucina, and my only secondary atm IS Marth.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Ok, so I don't know if this is right, but I've heard that Marth is a good secondary for MK. If that's true, that could prove helpful to me, as I co main MK and Lucina, and my only secondary atm IS Marth.
MK's worst MUs are probably like... Sonic/ZSS idk

Marth is not good vs those characters

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace

Technology
S2H
Abadango

I watched you in the archived video!!

This stream calling the BNB the "LEO COMBO".

This community sometimes...

Excuse my ignorance, but what does BNB stand for?

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
MK's worst MUs are probably like... Sonic/ZSS idk

Marth is not good vs those characters
Well Sonic is a 45:55 apparently, which is still mostly even and Greninja would be a good 50:50 with ZSS from what I can tell (Also 45:55 vs Sonic).

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
If you're in the business of getting a secondary for your bad matchups, I would say that you should get one that can beat Yoshi. It was a already a hard matchup and this patch made it even harder.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sonic himself is has good matchup spread against MK's bad matchups, namely Yoshi, ZSS (which I think is even), and the Sonic Mirror.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does BNB stand for?
Stands for "Bread and Butter", meaning that is the basics of the basics.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
We discussed a name a while ago and didn't really come up with anything good. I just call it the death combo, or even more simply, the Uair combo. Fairly sure "stairway to heaven" refers to any combo which does Uairs to up-B, I've heard it used for Mario, ZSS and Samus as well. If we want a good name it has to be short and sweet (like hoo hah).

Alternatively there is always:

You're my *****: The combo.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Uair chain to shuttle loop or simply uair combo is just fine. It's just that "Leo combo" bothers you guys so you wanna officially dub it for the stream folk. It kinda bothers me too I have to admit lol.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Is it true that people were full blown ******** about Metaknight when Aba was on stream?
yep. Saying **** like no skill and how mk is brain dead. Their on to us :lol:
People complained more when S2H was playing. (2 Forward smashes per second)

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Nairo does uair combo with ZSS

so kewl

so stylish

NAIROOOOOOOOOO

No chill

Abadango does uair combo with MK

this isn't brawl why is he good?

broken. nerf pls

NERF METAKNIGHT

so braindead takes no skill

one trick pony.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

so kewl

so stylish

NAIROOOOOOOOOO

No chill

broken. nerf pls

NERF METAKNIGHT

one trick pony.

well MK is Dash Attack the character

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Abadango is waving the MK flag too hard he is effectively slapping people in the face with it.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
bat balled is perfect and ANTi was so close lets hope he goes again and kicks ZeRo *** he maked a huge comeback if he would beat ZeRo i think he would took the tour nairo should have replace grab with u air lmao and havent u guys relaised abadango has been replacing wario with meta knight and in his twitter he put mk where he had wario at o-o

Last edited:

Twiranitar

Smash Cadet
TBH5 is over, and even with ZeRo getting knocked out of winners bracket by Seagull he still won, as expected. What about MK results, then? Tech? S2H?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I won a random 30ish people tourney yesterday, yay.
People were so salty about getting Shuttle Looped for jumping above me... as if I cared lol.
About to watch some of TBH5's matches with MK on it so I learn stuff.
Next week is real tourney and Leo told me he's coming, and we'll play so he gives me some advice, and then he'll probably win lol

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Oh that's pretty nice. We don't really here much from him internationally. Kick his ass?

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

so kewl

so stylish

NAIROOOOOOOOOO

No chill

broken. nerf pls

NERF METAKNIGHT

one trick pony.

Meta Knight isn't meant to have nice things.
If that's all you have to your character you kinda are a one tricky pony =)
ZSS' set ups are, on average, a little more telegraphed hence "not brain dead" (very stupid logic but whatever). If your dash attack was 16 frames and beat shields with lots of end lag you'd be apart of the hero we deserve crew too.

Last edited:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Well, Mexico City(where Leo lives) is about 45min from where I live and there's no documentation needed to travel, so it's a lot easier than going to the US ;(

so kewl

so stylish

NAIROOOOOOOOOO

No chill

broken. nerf pls

NERF METAKNIGHT

one trick pony.
This probably happens because ZSS has powerful girl attributes that MK doesn't...

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
People were legit calling for nerfs on stream but no one said anything about ZSS. We have to put double the effort to get our combo going and the % for it is much more strict and they still want it gone. Come on.. I'm legit pissed. ):

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
TBH5 is over, and even with ZeRo getting knocked out of winners bracket by Seagull he still won, as expected. What about MK results, then? Tech? S2H?
I got 65th out of 512. I lost to two players who made it to Top 32: Megafox :4fox: and Demitus :4falcon:. My games with Megafox were close. My first game with Demitus was last hit but I got bopped game 2 due to not being able to kill him. Patient/smart with his recovery.

S2H got 25th. Trela :4ryu:beat him in Winner's but he was taken down by Vinnie :4sheik:. S2H said Ryu is pretty scary. He said his biggest issue was trying to kill him. Couldn't figure out how to get around his Down B shenanigans while recovering.

I did however get 13th out of 120 + teams with Coco :4olimar:. Almost beat MVD/ESAM on stream in a very close game 3 set. We did beat Seagull Joe (ZeRo slayer lmao) and Feel Tension.

I met Abadango. He's very nice and I learned a **** ton from him! He said MK is a top 10 character easily. Also...his labbing of combos ....omg. There's a reason why he's so consistent. I'll have to tell you guys in Skype later lol. S2H and I also sat down and played friendlies forever. I learned a lot from him also.

EDIT: Oh and yeah everyone should get on tilt stick now. Its worth. I'm starting today.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The guy used mk for 2 months and he's already one of the best. Im jealous of Japan's FG servers never see a **** player always experienced players. Aba placed the higher than all of the US Metaknights at a national what a guy.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Meta Knight isn't meant to have nice things.
If that's all you have to your character you kinda are a one tricky pony =)
ZSS' set ups are, on average, a little more telegraphed hence "not brain dead" (very stupid logic but whatever). If your dash attack was 16 frames and beat shields with lots of end lag you'd be apart of the hero we deserve crew too.
Mfw zss user plays mk.

Top Bottom