• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
The only correct name for the DA > Up-Airs > Up-B combo and the only one I'll ever use:

The "What a cool character"

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Can you guys stop ruining my character with lame combo catch phrases.

What combo is this spread sheet for?
Bthrow, dash attack, turn around full hop uair, ff bair, dtilts, utilt (possible redo of full hop uair and ff bair, more dtilts), uair > upb > death.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Bthrow, dash attack, turn around full hop uair, ff bair, dtilts, utilt (possible redo of full hop uair and ff bair, more dtilts), uair > upb > death.
It is worth noting that this will not true combo over time. The back air can be air dodged. Whether or not there is a % where the back air cannot be dodged remains to be tested on my end.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
It is worth noting that this will not true combo over time. The back air can be air dodged. Whether or not there is a % where the back air cannot be dodged remains to be tested on my end.
I never see it as being able to be air dodged.

I did this combo over and over again for about 4 hours. It works 90% of the time

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
I never see it as being able to be air dodged.

I did this combo over and over again for about 4 hours. It works 90% of the time
If you test this in training, the hits only connect after a certain %, and I remember being able to air dodge out of the back air. That being said, the additional .05% damage will change the hit stun and will make it a true combo at earlier %.

There is also the fact that players can literally just mash buttons and get out when they strike the floor.

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
If you test this in training, the hits only connect after a certain %, and I remember being able to air dodge out of the back air. That being said, the additional 5% damage will change the hit stun and will make it a true combo at earlier %.

There is also the fact that players can literally just mash buttons and get out when they strike the floor.
That's not true. Dtilt jab locks. It's not escapable if you miss the tech.

Ulevo

Smash Master
That's not true. Dtilt jab locks. It's not escapable if you miss the tech.
There seem to be certain instances where if you mash A while going into the knock down from the back air your character will bounce into an aerial, while other times it will not. Is there a specific reason why this occurs?

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
There seem to be certain instances where if you mash A while going into the knock down from the back air your character will bounce into an aerial, while other times it will not. Is there a specific reason why this occurs?
I've never heard of such a thing. Maybe a lurker can explain? (shaya pls)

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Been using MK since before you were born son.
I also trained and worked on MK with Tyrant during the times before he started using him in tournaments; when MK elitists would do nothing but scoff at the mere mentioning of his name :3
You're a demonic advantage state lover.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I figured out why it happens. If you hit with the third hitbox of bair right before they hit the ground, they will ground bounce instead of land in a tumble. So you can't jab lock.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I figured out why it happens. If you hit with the third hitbox of bair right before they hit the ground, they will ground bounce instead of land in a tumble. So you can't jab lock.
This does not make sense. The third hit does not have semi spike properties that woud allow for a ground bounce. It would send them away.

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
This does not make sense. The third hit does not have semi spike properties that woud allow for a ground bounce. It would send them away.
If it hits close enough to the ground it will ground bounce, I keep testing it and the result is the same.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
You should almost always use back throw at 0 percent against almost all the characters anyway. It has applications with footstool combos as well which is convenient since characters that aren't able to be B-air comboed usually are able to be footstool comboed.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
My friend was watching this video about perfect parries (aka option selects https://youtu.be/RlGQpPg5PQc ) and we tested some stuff with MK.

This is sooooooo SOOOOOOO useful since we run and shield the whole match. The first thing I am working on is to run and shield, if I power sheild something, an instant f-tilt will come out. Taking this to the next level would be getting a grab to come out if we normal shield, and the most advanced one would be full hop dair if nothing hits the shield.

I only started working on this earlier today but I managed to get the f-tilt to come out. I don't think I'm being too optimistic if I say this is going to be so useful.

Twisted Jokerr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4442-1237-4201
Name: Twisted Jokerr
Talents: Played guitar since 11, been making music since 18.
Likes: Smash Bros, Cats, African Americans, Movies, Music, Meta Knight
Dislikes: Racism, Arrogance, Drama, Footstools, Hatred
Goals: To be one of the best Meta Knight players in the world. And to become a director/writer in the film industry.
Other facts: I also play hearthstone on the side. I Started playing smash in 2014 when project m was the bees knees. Now I'm still trying to get used to everything in due time.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Please avoid posting twice in a row, it's against the rules of the site, consider this a friendly reminder before we start taking action c:

Now, I really like the "Halberd Combo", though I also like the idea of including the word "Shuttle".

:196:

Furret24

Smash Master
Please avoid posting twice in a row, it's against the rules of the site, consider this a friendly reminder before we start taking action c:

Now, I really like the "Halberd Combo", though I also like the idea of including the word "Shuttle".

:196:
How about the "Shuttle Combo"?

We should probably make a straw poll and which one is the most popular among us.
:gawmelee:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
What about the "highway to hell"?

Edit: cause mk is definitely not bringing you to heaven.

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
I don't have anything in mind, but if I had to make a suggestion I would say to dumb it down a bit. No need to give it such a serious, straight-to-the-point name. I would suggest "Elevator Combo", but I'm pretty sure that belongs to Zelda.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How about we focus on actually being able to do said combo consistently instead of naming it? Especially when Abadango is putting all of us to shame who have been playing the character much longer.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
I play against a Marth pocket all the time and he mashes the A button a lot when I do things with mk that he doesn't quite understand. Result: sometimes in the same situation where Marth could tech the ff bair off the floor, Marth will also simply bounce up and nair immediately. It happens so often, my training parter developed a habit of spamming the A button whenever I begin a jablock setup off ff bair. This happens quite frequently once the target knows when to mash lol.

HyperL

Smash Cadet
The character's name is Meta Knight.
The combo is a huge part of MK's Meta

So what about....META COMBO!...................

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I suggest the "Shuttle Pop" Combo, because then we can be like -

"How many up-airs does it take to get to the sweetspotted center of a shuttle loop combo?"
"Let's find out!"

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The Galaxia Rise!...
The Back to Brawl!... (cuz like, he's taking you back to where he was in Brawl...the top...yeah no)
The Galaxia Guillotine!...
The Popstar Punisher!...Heck that'd be more of a name for MK in general
The Halberd Lift!...
The Tier List Combo! (cuz like, he rises like he's been doing through the tier list...man I'm bad at this. Also completely unrelated but mentioning tier lists gets me thinking that there are still people who probably think MK is low or mid tier.)

**** it! I'm done! Those are all I've got and the one I like most is Galaxia Guillotine but that's a mouthful. We can just be that bad*** high tier character with a nameless combo that everyone fears.

Speaking of said combo, I gotta learn how to do that eventually. Make people on FG fear the third most rare character ever (MK is less rare than Palutena and Olimar from my experience)

Top Bottom