• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Minibosses: Dominating EC Melee. NEW Crew Signature & Video Section

GOTM

Smash Champion
just so you guys know, at cot3, i'm entering the crew tourney with TOS. i mean, its our tourney so it only makes sense, lol.

JFox

Smash Hero
Oh man, scar if you are gonna start saying gay gay, I just wanna say for the record that its been mine for years.

BTW I'm real upset we didn't get to crew battle the other day...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for an extra $10 il make sure that Minibosses and Tunes are matched up first round at CoT3s crew tourney lol jk

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm updating this thread soon. I'm gonna make sure Darnell feels at home here and that Gotm spams it with me.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So I want to make a crew combo video. Scar's Falcon, My Luigi, Cactuar's Fox, Mogwai's Falco, and if he decides to come out from under his rock Velocity's Doc.

We need a rad title and rad footage. I don't want to use anything in Oh Girl and I don't think Scar should use anything from IKM or IKM2.

I will handle the video editing unless someone else wants to. So what do you jerks think?

Edit: My Browser is waaaaaaaay better than McFox's. (I finally figured out what this means. Thanks, Wes :-p )

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So I want to make a crew combo video. Scar's Falcon, My Luigi, Cactuar's Fox, Mogwai's Falco, and if he decides to come out from under his rock Velocity's Doc.

We need a rad title and rad footage. I don't want to use anything in Oh Girl and I don't think Scar should use anything from IKM or IKM2.

I will handle the video editing unless someone else wants to. So what do you jerks think?

Edit: My Browser is waaaaaaaay better than McFox's. (I finally figured out what this means. Thanks, Wes :-p )
I think DBR is about to get served.

I also think that I will require sections of my section where it is just me turning around in place and repeatedly crouching.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I lent Cactuar my recording setup. So, whenever we smash at his house tell him to record. His computer is a lot better than mine so we get more frames at higher quality. So remember to use tags and all that junk.

Cactuar, try and keep the videos somewhat organized. I like when the videos have dates and who is playing in the title. Also, I will show you how to get the raw footage on my website so I don't have to physically get it from you.

We are still looking for title and music suggestions.

Mogwai, are you planning any visits to Philly in the near future, or possibly host another Mogwai-fest? Any footage you can get on your own would help.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I lent Cactuar my recording setup. So, whenever we smash at his house tell him to record. His computer is a lot better than mine so we get more frames at higher quality. So remember to use tags and all that junk.

Cactuar, try and keep the videos somewhat organized. I like when the videos have dates and who is playing in the title. Also, I will show you how to get the raw footage on my website so I don't have to physically get it from you.

We are still looking for title and music suggestions.

Mogwai, are you planning any visits to Philly in the near future, or possibly host another Mogwai-fest? Any footage you can get on your own would help.
Well, are we planning on doing it like DBR evolution, like, where each person has a separate section with different music, or are you looking to do like, a big jumble of all of you guys ****** and me killing myself before I can finish ******?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well, are we planning on doing it like DBR evolution, like, where each person has a separate section with different music, or are you looking to do like, a big jumble of all of you guys ****** and me killing myself before I can finish ******?
My idea was to have sections. Although, I was gonna cut my section and Scar's section a little short and possibly put in a Blue Lazer section. I am very open to suggestions. Mogwai, you frequently **** without killing yourself. I am sure we will get some excellent footage from everyone.

We are the MINIBOSSES after all.

I kind of want a cool graphic. Steve Mack is a bum and probably won't do it. Cactus, get Mary to draw stuff for us.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
There is a grood chance we are all going to be at Sensei's fest (including Mogwai) before his tournament. I will have my recording setup and Wes might have his. We should definitely get some footage.

We still need title suggestions.

People need to post in this thread more.

My Browser > McFox's

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Ok I got Steve Mack to make us a logo.

Here is what I am thinking.

It would be a lot wider then it is high.

A Minibosses Logo would be in the middle. I was thinking having this made of stone or some gritty but cool looking material.

To the left of the logo is Pink Luigi and some version of Scar's Falcon back to back with their arms folded.
Luigi is on the left with a smug grin. His hat is backwards and instead of an L it has a P.
Scar is on the right with a more serious look. If it is visible, he should have the Falcon Symbol on his back and the letters "IKM" above it.

Then there is the Minibosses logo. Like I said before this would be the word "THE MINIBOSSES" in some like gritty stylish material like stone.

Green Falco is leaning against the last stone S looking like he doesn't really care. (Need some more mogwai-esque traits for falco. Starcraft maybe?).
Edit: Mogwai's shadow will be of a Gremlin Falco.

And Green Fox is to the far right with has his back fully turned and his head is turned looking towards the front. (Similar to when Akuma finishes with Raging Demon) On the back of his green shirt is a red circle with a line through it like a no smoking sign but instead of a cigarette there is a Cactuar. Under the logo it says "No ESCAPE".

Under each character, there is the players name in varying fonts.

Pakman in a yellow boxy font like the old arcade machine fonts.

Scar in like a stylish reddish badass font.

Mogwai is a Dark Tan/ Orangish font.

Cactuar in a green sleek font.

Please make suggestions.

What should the background consist of?
Philadelphia?
A stage in melee?
Just like a cool design?

Note: I am paying Mack for this so it should be pretty well done and once we get the design finalized I can hassle him until it is finished.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I still kinda like the idea of our avatars in our main's cloths

Scar with a Falcon helmet on
Pakman a la Beeryuken
Cactuar wearing fox cloths shining
Gizmo wearing falco cloths shooting lasers

but as discussed with Pakman might be conceptually difficult to piece together.

regardless of design, my character has to have a gremlin shadow cause that's a cool idea that Pakman threw out there.

I also kinda like the "Chiller"-esque style of font for Mogwai, it gives a sort of sinister feel that works well with a gremlins shadow.

Top Bottom