• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Minibosses: Dominating EC Melee. NEW Crew Signature & Video Section

JFox

Smash Hero
When is the next SPOC date set for?

Cheezit's is already on 20th, and tastrophe is 26th. Are you holding off til early may? Keep in mind that if you go too far into may, you run into tangling with college finals for many players.

I think May 3rd would be best for me personally.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
If you have no words for it then don't post. No I'm serious just stop like posting.
i hate it when people im supporting tell me to shut up. so take this as a post edit.

Personally i'm glad that the ability to airdodge was added with its new mechanic into the game... the old system bassically made players that were OVERLYTECHNICAL very good in the tourney scene.. which bassically meant, mindgames mattered very little, if you can do a 0-death combo with Fox/Falco/Falcon/Peach/Marth/Mario, ect and only really need to hit your opponent to start it off.

Look at the "johning" players that claim brawl is a croak of ****... most of them claim it lacks "the depth" of melee IN THE TECHNICAL ASPECT.. and they are saying this, and giving examples of players like M2K [who btw, was fcuking terrible until he became extremely technical.. and didn't even make the FC3 EC team] saying that these "pros" shouldn't be beaten by kids or people new to the game.. but im saying that if you're really the "pro" you say you are.. then your mindgames should be phenomial enough that you should still be quite rediculous at brawl. Many melee players used tech skill as a crutch for lack of mindgames. Brawl>Melee.

This being said.. unless you can jump+airdodge your AD momentum doesn't take you anywhere, and manyatime airdodging does nothing/can't help you whilst you are being combo'd in brawl.. time will tell if someone invents NunchuckCanceling, or TyphoonDashing.. but who knows.

For now, follow that DI, and "create a combo".. no hitlag johns here sir ;p

Good Day Sirs.
this post is dumb for so many reasons. the main reason however is saying brawl is better then melee. Your complants about 0-deaths i find confusing. Since when in a competitive game do we complain about another players skill...? 0-deaths weren't a cheap one button combo (toon links dsmash...) 0-deaths required a certain skill and preciseness. Not to mention it also took a certain skill to avoid them.

next the technical aspects of melee only allowed the game more options. in brawl you are restricted to the same ways of approach every time, which promotes camping. this makes game play boring and repetitive. you should be terrible in melee if your not technical because you arent using the maximum amount options available to attack your opponent. Not to mention i hope ur not one of those idiots who thinks the technical players lacked mindgames. in fact those players probably had the most because they had to calculate multiple steps ahead of time faster then the slower players.

third however mindgames are clearly more prevalent in brawl it is harder to apply them. in melee a player who lacked mindgames could easily be predicted and punished. in brawl you may predict your opponent but after hitting them once you must wait again for another moment to hit them because what... ... ... ?? theres no hit stun aka no combos so i can't hit him twice without him just hitting me first. mindgames = still there but it takes alot longer because after every hit i gotta stop and start control over again.

i believe the lack of hit stun is the biggest downfall in brawl because it allows nubs who mash buttons inbetween hits to ruin the skill of other players. not to mention some people can just spam their attacks and have no lag ever (Metadouche). oh and i almost forgot the fuucking dumb cross stage infinite chain grabs >_>

but honestly clearly brawl is better

Velocity

Smash Lord
I hate it when people randomly post spam in a thread they have no reason to even post in, contradict themselves by saying they have no words for something yet post there opinion, then post again and right this big wall of crap that no one wants to read, I didn't click quote cause i didn't want more spam in this thread. I really don't care if people support me or not this thread doesn't need to have any of this in here.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Do you guys want to track our tournament placings?

Scar, I realized I have the pittsburgh tio file. Do you know how to get that online?

Scar

#HarveyDent
just go to all is melee>brawl .com, go to my tournaments, post a new one, call it tastrophe and upload.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well I mean so did Velocity sort of. But we're still the Minibosses. Cactus would play in crews @ SPOCs which is the only thing I really care about.

GOTM

Smash Champion
yo....bro...we better crew, and get some key....

i know this horse...hes a tank bro...plays samus, best thtock holder ever bro

anyways...velocity...u gonna be there on the melee day?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I have already told Pittsburgh that I plan on crewing with the minibosses.

However, I'm theriously worried about our ability to hold thome thtock. I mean, to me mythelf, perthonally, holding thtock is the key to winning a crew battle. We could be more competitive without holding thtock, but to be better competitive, we need to learn the delicate art of thtock holding.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Hey, I am just in here to randomly post spam, and I have no reason of being in here. Get at me *****es.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Do you guys want to track our tournament placings?

Scar, I realized I have the pittsburgh tio file. Do you know how to get that online?
just go to all is melee>brawl .com, go to my tournaments, post a new one, call it tastrophe and upload.
I'd be willing to put it up too. All I need is the image bracket in a pm and I can have it up today.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I have already told Pittsburgh that I plan on crewing with the minibosses.

However, I'm theriously worried about our ability to hold thome thtock. I mean, to me mythelf, perthonally, holding thtock is the key to winning a crew battle. We could be more competitive without holding thtock, but to be better competitive, we need to learn the delicate art of thtock holding.
most intelligent post on smashboards. we have finally found the key to this game

Velocity

Smash Lord
yo....bro...we better crew, and get some key....

i know this horse...hes a tank bro...plays samus, best thtock holder ever bro

anyways...velocity...u gonna be there on the melee day?
i dont know if i can its not close to where im going to be

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I need a new avatar. I changed my sig, and now it is really hard for me to see my own posts. Before I just looked for blue lazer. Any suggestions.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am not paying for an account so I need a standard one. Freakazoid will do for now but it is not permanent.

However, if I had a choice it would probably be MacGyver or a Toejam and Earl Villan.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah i had to tell an admin and they fixed it -_-

but now that you've changed it away i'm not sure if you can get it back =\

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
This thread has been dead for like a month.

Anyway, I am really excited about this. I found a 4 character ascii pacman. Are you ready....?

(:V)

Top Bottom