• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All I know is that Opossum Man should give the Marsupial Mallet. I wonder which RM is weak against it? :awesome:

On a serious note, as far as Mega Man's moveset, I wanted everyone's opinions on a weapon switch special. Many people suggest it, but what I'm asking is this: How exactly would you want it implemented?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
All I know is that Opossum Man should give the Marsupial Mallet. I wonder which RM is weak against it? :awesome:

On a serious note, as far as Mega Man's moveset, I wanted everyone's opinions on a weapon switch special. Many people suggest it, but what I'm asking is this: How exactly would you want it implemented?
Kinda like kirby's but copies the Up-special instead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I've seen the idea of switching guns with his taunts. I kinda like that idea myself. Each taunt can change his B move(most likely the mega-buster) to other projectiles like the metal blade. That way, Megaman can still use all four B attacks for various attacks, instead of wasting one on a switching move.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So with five weeks left until a possible Mega Man unveil, are any of you fellow Mega Man fans replaying through any Mega Man games to build anticipation for a possible confirmation?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So with five weeks left until a possible Mega Man unveil, are any of you fellow Mega Man fans replaying through any Mega Man games to build anticipation for a possible confirmation?
I'm planning on getting 2 at the E-shop because it has the best song, i'm talking Dr. Wily Stage-1

PressStart

Smash Cadet
New article today, posting finds on the Miiverse as promised:
http://megaman4smashbros.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/mega-man-on-the-miiverse/
I almost forgot Europe had a Mega Man community as well, and made sure to check it too. Unfortunately, it did not seem to have hardly any Mega Man/Smash Bros related drawings. Still, it had more than Japan! While America's Miiverse had quite a few, I would like to see more on all 3 as soon as possible (before additional Mega Man titles are released!)

I really, really hope there will be an early Smash Bros Miiverse community, as that would be an even more appropriate place to show support!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm why don't we make some Megaman for Smash 4 stuff on the European Miverse ourselves and see if that stokes the embers?

D

Deleted member

Ironically enough, despite me only really supporting Mega Man's inclusion, I find Capcom's cast more interesting than that of Namco's.
Habanero said:
People, stop worrying about Capcom skipping over Mega Man due to some sort of imaginary spite going on. The staff at Capcom are all cool with the idea of Mega Man in Super Smash Bros., though at the same time they are not going to push the inclusion. Regardless of what happens, Sakurai is the one that will always get the last word.
We know that Capcom of America are fine with Mega Man's inclusion and I do believe that Capcom of Japan will have no qualms with Mega Man as well, but did COJ ever confirmed that they would be? Like I said, there's no reason not to believe that they won't, but it's good to have some proof.
thekewlusername said:
Well, in most places I tend to visit, its been toned down a lot. But some people play the "Capcom hates Megaman" card from time to time.
Not sure where you and Opossum go, but from my experience on GameFAQs, most people are pessimistic about Mega Man's appearance in the next Smash and are under the false assumption that Capcom wants to kill Mega Man and as such, won't allow Mega Man in a Smash game.
Guybrush20X6 said:
The best part is, if Megs is in, we'll finally have an official 3D model of Megaman and perhaps others to use in Gmods Source Filmakers and all those things.
This. I have been awaiting an official 3-D model for so long. If Mega Man gets in, my avatar will change to that of Mega Man's 3-D model (as long as it doesn't suck which it shouldn't).
Frostwraith said:
If anyone wants, here's a Mega Man signature icon made by yours truly:

Thanks. Will be adding that to the OP.
Frostwraith said:
Actually, I found an even easier and better way to fix that.

The [ collapse ] tags MUST NOT have any sort of formatting or else they will glitch. See that rubber icon on the top left corner of the text editor? That returns any selected text to default formatting. Do that to ALL [ collapse ] tags and their respective ends [ / collapse ] and the collapse boxes will be normal.
Seriously, this is awesome and is a life saver. Now I finally don't have to worry about multiple collapse tags as well. I also appreciate FalKoopa for helping out as well.
MaskO' Gears said:
I just noticed that you listed me as "Gears Man".

That's awesome.....
One of my favorite part of the OP is giving supporters Robot Master names. Helps make the thread stick out from the rest in a great way.
Dudemaster47 said:
And Dude Man...um...

I dunno. Can use his Dude...

I can't think of a weapon!
I'll assign you one... Dude Guitar.
Opossum said:
Would prefer if Mega Man just had his weapons built into his move sets, but if we went with this, it should be built into the taunt button. However, I'm not sure how many would be implemented nor how we would figure out which weapon to choose, which is why I'm not for the weapon switch special.
PressStart said:
New article today, posting finds on the Miiverse as promised:
http://megaman4smashbros.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/mega-man-on-the-miiverse/
I almost forgot Europe had a Mega Man community as well, and made sure to check it too. Unfortunately, it did not seem to have hardly any Mega Man/Smash Bros related drawings. Still, it had more than Japan! While America's Miiverse had quite a few, I would like to see more on all 3 as soon as possible (before additional Mega Man titles are released!)

I really, really hope there will be an early Smash Bros Miiverse community, as that would be an even more appropriate place to show support!
Once I get a Wii-U and a Mega Man game on there, the first time I'm going to do is show support for Mega Man on the MiiVerse community.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I had an idea, maybe every time you defeat a character, you get their Special move, a' la Robot Master defeat.

But what would happen if you defeated Kirby.......? Any comments on it?

D

Deleted member

I had an idea, maybe every time you defeat a character, you get their Special move, a' la Robot Master defeat.

But what would happen if you defeated Kirby.......? Any comments on it?
Like stated before, this wouldn't work because Robot Masters are inorganic whereas most characters in Smash are organic.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You could get Kirby's Hammer, Cutter, Rock, etc move. I don't see Megaman getting other people's moves, I see him just having combos of moves that he obsorbed in past games. Kirby kind of has that with his abilities already but he still has the suck move as an added feature. To be honest, Kirby's copy move really isn't that great because most of the moves he absorbs suck anyways.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still think that weapon switching with the taunt buttons would be a cool idea. That way you wouldn't waste a B-move on switching. And you wouldn't keep needing to press the same input to cycle through three or more weapons.

FourStar

Smash Ace
but that would kind of degrade the game by making it too complicated for people to just simply fight instead getting other weapons

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Which Megaman do you want?

Classic Series
X Seies
Zero Series
ZX Series
Legends Series
Battle Network Series
Starforce Series

I prefer the classic, and you?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the consensus is Classic Megaman but I wouldn't mind seeing X.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I prefer Classic but wouldn't mind X as well. I haven't played any of the other Megaman titles outside of the classics and X.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Classic Megaman makes the most sense and probably has the most diverse movepool to draw from. Not to mention Classic Megaman being the most popular as well. Though I myself wouldn't mind if any of the other Megamen managed to playable either. But they simply aren't as likely that's all.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would love either Legends or Star Force Mega Man.

I grew up playing Legends and loved the game and i adore Star Force and it's anime adaptation. (I love Classic also)

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
If Megaman will be Smash Bros 4, then other characters from the Megaman series will be appear:

Roll

Protoman

Bass

Could you imagine them all together? Fighting in that Smash Bros game?
This will be epic, don't think?

D

Deleted member

Which Megaman do you want?

Classic Series
X Seies
Zero Series
ZX Series
Legends Series
Battle Network Series
Starforce Series

I prefer the classic, and you?
I want the one from either Classic, X or Battle Network. I also don't mind Legends.

As for multiple Mega Man reps, I'm not opposed to Proto Man as a second Mega Man rep (or Zero if the X incarnation makes it in), but like FalKoopa said, not happening.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
More than one Mega Man character is not gonna happen, much like what happened with MGS and Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd prefer classic Mega Man and Bass

Maybe even Rockman online Bass, which makes some changes

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
since there might be alternate costumes in ssb4, would you mind seeing bass, proto and roll as different outfits for classic megaman? maybe even X could be an outfit.

D

Deleted member

since there might be alternate costumes in ssb4, would you mind seeing bass, proto and roll as different outfits for classic megaman? maybe even X could be an outfit.
Would rather not to be honest. The only way alts would work is if they were alternate costumes of the same character.

Like for example, King K. Rool could work with alternate costumes as he has his Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein outfits to work with. As for Mega Man, I'd rather see a Bad Box alternate costume than Proto Man serve as an alt to Mega Man (and by alternate I don't mean the one we saw in SFXT, not that I was insulted).

Also just wanted to link to this article. Should be a good read for all Mega Man fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom