• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's your opinion, but it would be really dumb. Megaman is the main character, so he should get in before any other MM character.
(Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

:troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chances are Megaman would/should the only character from the Megaman franchise to be in Smash Bros. And if the extremely unlikely chance of getting a second rep does happen, my vote would go to Zero. Otherwise, its just Megaman or bust(er....eh...eh...get it?).

PressStart

Smash Cadet
There's been quite a few new posts on the Miiverse requesting Mega Man for Smash Bros.! Very exciting to see people showing their support : )

D

Deleted member

shinpichu said:
Well that's Capcom, they're..."special", shall we say.
Also from what I've heard, part of the reason why Mega Man was removed was because his play style in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 could be partially inherited by Arthur, Zero and Dante (although I could be wrong on that). Mega Man would fit better into a platform-fighter like Smash anyway (and let's face it, he wasn't received well in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2).
PressStart said:
I'm really pleased to see all the requests for Mega Man coming in. I would have already whipped up one of these posts already if I had a Wii-U.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know if anyone here knows about infamous user dedekong from GameFAQs, but this post is so bad and so stupid that I laughed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't imagine a number would be all that fun to play as. Though what do I know. :troll:
Psssh. If think Zero would be fun, then you would love Eighty-Nine :troll:

But seriously, I'd much rather have any of the Megamen than the Protoman/Zero type guys. Despite that, Zero's still cool in my book. Unless by some unspoken miracle we get another Megaman character, Then that's another discussion on its own.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't know if anyone here knows about infamous user dedekong from GameFAQs, but this post is so bad and so stupid that I laughed.
Yeah that was pretty bad. I do agree with him that at this point I doubt it'll actually have any effect on Mega Man being included or not, but definitely not for the reason he thinks.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that was pretty bad. I do agree with him that at this point I doubt it'll actually have any effect on Mega Man being included or not, but definitely not for the reason he thinks.
This. It's not that I expect Miiverse to get Mega Man in that bothers me (I don't), it's that dedekong is trying to discourage people from supporting Mega Man and it shows in the threads he's created. He always claims he's only trying to send in news to Mega Man fans or ask for opinions, but it's pretty obvious that he has ulterior motives for creating these threads.

Mega Man requests on Miiverse should be ignored because Dark Pit fans can't do the same thing? Give me a break, let fans support Mega Man however they want.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
he had ONE valid point. that people would be dissapointed if he didn't get in. but i think he's a shoo-in so we're good.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This. It's not that I expect Miiverse to get Mega Man in that bothers me (I don't), it's that dedekong is trying to discourage people from supporting Mega Man and it shows in the threads he's created. He always claims he's only trying to send in news to Mega Man fans or ask for opinions, but it's pretty obvious that he has ulterior motives for creating these threads.

Mega Man requests on Miiverse should be ignored because Dark Pit fans can't do the same thing? Give me a break, let fans support Mega Man however they want.
AMEN!!! Sorry, I just had to get t hat out.

D

Deleted member

he had ONE valid point. that people would be dissapointed if he didn't get in. but i think he's a shoo-in so we're good.
I wish I was as confident as you, but sadly I'm not, especially given that third-parties aren't even a guarantee.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
oh and here is some short about megaman thats kinda.... ummm.... I can't really describe it, but it mentions smash at the end, so thats good, right?

D

Deleted member

legendofrob1 said:
being confident has the risk of major disappointment, but nothing I can't handle.
Fair enough and I can definitely see why people are confident in Mega Man. I just wouldn't call a third-party a guarantee, at least not until we get confirmed information whenever or not we're getting new ones this time around.
oh and here is some short about megaman thats kinda.... ummm.... I can't really describe it, but it mentions smash at the end, so thats good, right?
Doesn't really mean anything since it's a video, but I did find it pretty humorous.

D

Deleted member

basically if megaman doesn't make it in smash 4, dont ever expect him in smash again.
Sadly this, but this applies to most every other potential newcomer in the game. This is why I am pushing for his inclusion now because Mega Man fans probably won't get another chance.

Out of the current pool of characters I consider contenders, the only characters I could see getting in Smash 5 if they miss out are Bowser Jr. and Little Mac. As for everyone else, it's show up or die. And as for Bowser Jr and Little Mac, failing to get into Smash 4 will probably mean a very long wait.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sadly this, but this applies to most every other potential newcomer in the game. This is why I am pushing for his inclusion now because Mega Man fans probably won't get another chance.

Out of the current pool of characters I consider contenders, the only characters I could see getting in Smash 5 if they miss out are Bowser Jr. and Little Mac. As for everyone else, it's show up or die.
For Little Mac, he recently got a revival in 2009. So why would you dismiss him?

D

Deleted member

For Little Mac, he recently got a revival in 2009. So why would you dismiss him?
I did say that if he failed to get Smash 4 that he would be one of only two contenders for Smash 4 that I could see getting into Smash 5. That being said, I find Little Mac to be a highly likely addition for this game and would be surprised if he were left out.

FourStar

Smash Ace
well unless we have a sonic snake situation where they were supposed to be in the game but due to time constraints they are added to the next game

D

Deleted member

well unless we have a sonic snake situation where they were supposed to be in the game but due to time constraints they are added to the next game
I don't see that happening to any third-party if you ask me. Either Sakurai will add said third-party into the game or he won't add said third-party at all.

D

Deleted member

Third counterargument in regards to the possibility of no third-parties has been posted. If you have any suggestions on what else I can cover in regards to this, please tell me and I'll take it into consideration.

Also just want to remind people that Frostwraith's Proto Man signature is on this thread. Supporters should grab 'em before they forget.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As far as I can remember Sakurai said there would be less focus on third parties but as far as I know that only means not to expect like 3 new ones added, not that there would be no more. He did note how well received they were. The crossover with the Sonic comics shows that Capcom is more than willing to have Megaman in crossovers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As far as I know Sakurai didn't explicitly say there'd be no new ones, just there'd be less focus. Given how much debates on Sonic ddelayed the game I can't say I blame him. Still, the game needs extra characters to generate hype and Mega Man would not only get the smash fans excited but revitalize the hope for Mega Man fans.

volbound1700

Smash Master
basically if megaman doesn't make it in smash 4, dont ever expect him in smash again.
Based on what? LOL that has to be dumbest statement ever. Who knows, a new director could make the next Smash and it be totally different.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sorry for the double post by the way, thought the first one had gotten lost so I redid it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If Megaman is in Smash 4, he was likely in the initial roster. I think Sakurai's comment about a Capcom character could be in the game, while vague, gives the best evidence that Megaman is in the game and was likely in the initial roster.

I don't see Sonic or Snake going anywhere as well based on comments. The interesting question is Namco. Are they going to get a character since they are helping? I think Sakurai would want one for the hype, question is was it expected by Namco and is Nintendo happy with it.

D

Deleted member

If Megaman is in Smash 4, he was likely in the initial roster. I think Sakurai's comment about a Capcom character could be in the game, while vague, gives the best evidence that Megaman is in the game and was likely in the initial roster.

I don't see Sonic or Snake going anywhere as well based on comments. The interesting question is Namco. Are they going to get a character since they are helping? I think Sakurai would want one for the hype, question is was it expected by Namco and is Nintendo happy with it.
The only characters I could see working as hype characters are Mega Man and a surprise character (Professor Layton, Ryu Hayabusa, etc). I'm sure Namco wants one (they've already expressed interest in one), but the problem isn't Namco so much as Namco seems reluctant to push anyone so far (like Capcom is with Mega Man, although from what we know, Capcom is fine with Mega Man being in Smash) and that I don't see Sakurai being interested in a Namco rep. Sure there's Pac-Man and his super iconic status, but Pac-Man is hurt from not only being expected but not wanted by a majority, but current lack of interest from Namco in regards to Smash. Other Namco reps are hurt from not being as important as Pac-Man, no evidence that Namco will push another Namco rep and that one is even less requested than Pac-Man (although not expected but not wanted).

volbound1700

Smash Master
The only characters I could see working as hype characters are Mega Man and a surprise character (Professor Layton, Ryu Hayabusa, etc). I'm sure Namco wants one (they've already expressed interest in one), but the problem isn't Namco so much as Namco seems reluctant to push anyone so far (like Capcom is with Mega Man, although from what we know, Capcom is fine with Mega Man being in Smash) and that I don't see Sakurai being interested in a Namco rep. Sure there's Pac-Man and his super iconic status, but Pac-Man is hurt from not only being expected but not wanted by a majority, but current lack of interest from Namco in regards to Smash. Other Namco reps are hurt from not being as important as Pac-Man, no evidence that Namco will push another Namco rep and that one is even less requested than Pac-Man (although not expected but not wanted).
Publicly. We don't know what is happening behind closed doors. Who knows, it maybe Sakurai and Nintendo that want Pac-Man in Smash and I don't see Namco saying no. Remember, everyone that is developing Smash 4 has been very hush-hush. I imagine Namco is not going to come out and spoil it for us with comments such as "Hey Pac-Man should be in Smash." since they were working on the game.

D

Deleted member

Publicly. We don't know what is happening behind closed doors. Who knows, it maybe Sakurai and Nintendo that want Pac-Man in Smash and I don't see Namco saying no. Remember, everyone that is developing Smash 4 has been very hush-hush. I imagine Namco is not going to come out and spoil it for us with comments such as "Hey Pac-Man should be in Smash." since they were working on the game.
I fail to see how saying they want Pac-Man in Smash would be spoiling his appearance. Just because Namco wants a character doesn't mean that Sakurai is going to want that character as well. Remember that third-parties characters are decided by Sakurai and that in order for a third-party to occur, both parties (Sakurai and a third-party company) have to agree to put said character in.

As for us not knowing a lot, that is true, but from what we know, we have seen no interest in Pac-Man. This wouldn't be an issue, but Namco has expressed interest in having a Tales rep in the game. Given the Tales's battle mechanic being similar to Smash's, I wouldn't be surprised if what Namco has in mind for a rep is a Tales rep (although like I said, they seem to be leaving the fate of a Tales rep up to Sakurai).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chances are when it comes to Namco, they might've already chosen their 3rd party rep in Smash 4 anyway. If they have one that is. I wouldn't worry too much about Megaman making it or not, Capcom seems willing enough to put him in other crossovers like Project X Zone or those Megaman/Sonic comics. That and Sakurai did mention a possible Capcom character before so there's that. I also remember Ono(one of the Street Fighter developers)saying that if could chose a Capcom rep it'd be either Megaman or M. Bison, granted I don't know how important that statement is but I thought it was worth talking about. If Megaman makes it, awesome we get a really cool character. If not, oh well better luck next time. Just keep your chin up and all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom