• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
It'd be kind of hilarious to try to see if it'd be possible to make a cloned moveset, admittedly. I'm sure it'd be totally possible, even if it'd be kinda wacky overall.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So what are your favorite Mega Man games? Of the classic series I really like 3, 2, and 6. 7, 8, and 9 all have their pluses as well too. I was not too keen on 1, 4, and 5 though.

Of the X series, the only two I really like are X and X2. X3 and X4 also had their good points, but were weaker than the previous two games.

D

Deleted member

So what are your favorite Mega Man games? Of the classic series I really like 3, 2, and 6. 7, 8, and 9 all have their pluses as well too. I was not too keen on 1, 4, and 5 though.

Of the X series, the only two I really like are X and X2. X3 and X4 also had their good points, but were weaker than the previous two games.
I'd say that out of the Classic games, I liked 10 the most (it's a really good game you should try) followed by 9, then 3 and finally 1. However, I am going to start playing Mega Man games against (starting tonight after work) and will download Mega Man 2 off the Virtual Console (which also has Mega Man X, my childhood Mega Man game).

I also really liked Mega Man X6 (another game I played a lot as a child, though only on the PS2 and as such, couldn't save it) and never understood the hate for it, but that's because I haven't played the rest yet.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I like all the classic games to some extent. I think that 8 would have to be my least favourite, because the controls feel really stiff and also those stupid Rush Jet and sled(or whatever) segments are really dumb and annoying. Mega Man 1 also feels fairly weak to me.

As for X, the first game is still the best, followed by maybe X4 and X2/3. Worst I've played is X6(and no, I haven't played X7 or 8). Oh, and Maverick Hunter X is decent, but still inferior to the original.

My favourite games in the Zero series are probably 2 and 3. Say what you will about the series, it and ZX probably have the most consistent quality of any Megaman series, at least that I've played. Speaking of ZX, I really enjoyed both games. Haven't played them recently enough to compare them.

Still haven't played Battle Network, Star Force, or Legends yet.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When I was a kid I got all the action figures for the Mega Man cartoon show that ran in the mid-1990's.

They were:
Mega Man
Rush
Proto Man
Bomb Man
Guts Man
Cut Man
Elec Man
Snake Man
Bright Man
Drill Man

I had a lot of fun playing with them.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Mega Man 2 has always been my favorite, though I do like 9 and the first X too.

IceColdSmashBrother

Smash Rookie
Welcome IceCold and Hylian to the Mega Man group! Looking forward to seeing you two post more often and on top of that, both of you get cool Robot Master names.
Robot master names?
It does seem rather unlikely. But if by some chance we manage to get a 2nd Megaman rep after Megaman himself, I'd pick Zero. I feel like he would have the best moveset potential next to Megaman.
Yeah I don't really see him being in it either, but I'm also believing that Mega Man will have quite a few similarities to Samus. I think Zero could come out and be his own character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@SSBF
I noticed a couple of typos. First, You've written that KishSquared ran the thread from Jun 23rd, 2013. :p
Secondly, At the end of the list of SmashBoards supporters, qdMbp Man and Arctic Man are in the same line.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Robot master names?

Yeah I don't really see him being in it either, but I'm also believing that Mega Man will have quite a few similarities to Samus. I think Zero could come out and be his own character.
I can't really see Megaman and Samus being that similar aside from the charge shot attack. And even that can have a few differences if implemented well enough.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So what are your favorite Mega Man games?
EDIT: Screw it:

Classic: 1, 5, 9, V,
X: X1/MHX, X2, X3, X8,
Battle Network: 1, 5, Network Transmission,
Zero: The entire series
ZX: ZXA

D

Deleted member

My Wii remote battery is dead. Too bad as I means I have to wait until late tonight (as it is way after midnight where I'm posting) to starting playing Mega Man 2.
Robot master names?.
In the supporter list, I give each supporter a name like a Robot Master name would be, just to keep with the Mega Man theme.
@SSBF
I noticed a couple of typos. First, You've written that KishSquared ran the thread from Jun 23rd, 2013. :p
Secondly, At the end of the list of SmashBoards supporters, qdMbp Man and Arctic Man are in the same line.
Edits are fixed.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I give each supporter a name like a Robot Master name would be, just to keep with the Mega Man theme.
I know I would be labelled as being "Time Man" since my username is ChronoBound, however, I much rather be Snake Man (my username at GameFAQs/NeoGAF is Snakey), because he is my all time favorite robot master by far.

D

Deleted member

I know I would be labelled as being "Time Man" since my username is ChronoBound, however, I much rather be Snake Man (my username at GameFAQs/NeoGAF is Snakey), because he is my all time favorite robot master by far.
I make up the names to avoid similarities with official Robot Masters, which is why I picked Emblem Man for you.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Something ive always thought about when thinking of megamans inclusion was how megaman would look in smash bros, not which design they would use, but rather how would they handle the metal on his body. Would it have a metalic sheen like samus' armor or would it be like a flat matte color? I think the somewhat shiny metal look could be pretty cool for the dark blue areas, since as weve seen with brawls art style realistic details often make them look even cooler than they did before.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Something ive always thought about when thinking of megamans inclusion was how megaman would look in smash bros, not which design they would use, but rather how would they handle the metal on his body. Would it have a metalic sheen like samus' armor or would it be like a flat matte color? I think the somewhat shiny metal look could be pretty cool for the dark blue areas, since as weve seen with brawls art style realistic details often make them look even cooler than they did before.
Yeah, Smash Bros. realistic style would be interesting on Megaman. I could see his light blue clothes being basic, while having some texture detail like Mario's overalls. So that it looks normal clothes. While his dark blue clothes have a realistic sheen to them so that it look more "armored". Maybe he can have his look from the Megaman manga. Like this. Granted I think that the light blue parts would have more detail on the legs.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The one thing I am glad about in regards to Mega Man is that his 25th anniversary is this year. If not for that, I would feel much more dour about his prospects of being confirmed at E3 2013. He really has that going for him as well as being among the Top 3 most wanted characters for Smash 4.

The only reason I could see for Sakurai holding him back is:
1. Not wanting for Mega Man to take attention away from another third-party character has planned.
2. Wanting to save Mega Man for later one in order to boost hype just a bit more a month or two prior to Smash 4's release.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The one thing I am glad about in regards to Mega Man is that his 25th anniversary is this year. If not for that, I would feel much more dour about his prospects of being confirmed at E3 2013. He really has that going for him as well as being among the Top 3 most wanted characters for Smash 4.

The only reason I could see for Sakurai holding him back is:
1. Not wanting for Mega Man to take attention away from another third-party character has planned.
2. Wanting to save Mega Man for later one in order to boost hype just a bit more a month or two prior to Smash 4's release.
I figure he's either going to be shown off at E3 or he's not in the game. That goes for any third party, at least at this point.

The thing you have to remember that third party characters are not Nintendo characters, so you can't apply the same criteria. Even though Megaman is one of the most popular characters, it may not be enough to warrant his inclusion. Sakurai is pretty set on making the content "Nintendo." so he's pretty selective. Even Sonic was held back until the last year of development, and Megaman is not Sonic popular. Given, he has the best chances out of the third party guys. Well, carry on......

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Megaman seems more Nintendo to me than Sonic. Megaman debuted on Nintendo. Sonic debuted on Sega Genesis.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Technically, Megaman and Megaman X are two different characters. If I'm not mistaken that is.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just for the record of every incarnation of Mega Man

Mega Man (Mega Man)
Mega Man X (Mega Man X)
Mega Man Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)
MegaMan.exe (Mega Man Battle Network)
Omega-Xis (Mega Man Starforce)
Bad Boxart Mega Man (Street Fighter x Tekken)
OVER-1 (Rockman xover)

TheKingOfTown

Smash Apprentice
If they go with the X outfit, I hope that he's actually named Mega Man X. That annoyed me in the fan game Super Smash Flash (which sucks horribly and nobody should play it ever)

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
X would be better done as an Alt-Costume, although that might not work too well considering X has quite a few physical differences to Classic (including such things as being taller...)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
X would be better done as an Alt-Costume, although that might not work too well considering X has quite a few physical differences to Classic (including such things as being taller...)
Well Mega Man would just be wearing X's armor that would probably be scaled down to fit him. So it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well Mega Man would just be wearing X's armor that would probably be scaled down to fit him. So it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Chances are, that'll be the only way to get a Megaman X costume to work. Then again you could possibly say that could work for every other Megaman incarnation. Though Megaman X, Megaman Exe, and Megaman Voulnutt would be the most likely options if you ask me. Classic Megaman could also wear his "Normal" clothes like in Powered Up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Habanero said:
Just for the record of every incarnation of Mega Man:

Mega Man (Mega Man)
Mega Man X (Mega Man X)
Mega Man Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)
Mega Man.exe & Lan Hikari (Mega Man Battle Network)
Zero (Mega Man Zero)
Geo Stelar & Omega-Xis (Mega Man Starforce)
Vent/Alie Model ZX (Mega Man ZX)
Ashe/Grey Model A (Mega Man ZX Advent)
OVER-1 (Rockman Xover)
Fixed it.

Also alternate costume wise, pretty sure they'd keep things simple go with helmet-less Mega Man.

D

Deleted member

Posting to say that counterargument #4 has been posted. Pick apart at your own will. Can't wait to finally post my argument on "Capcom Hates Mega Man!" argument and stomp on the misconception that Capcom hates Mega Man once and for all, but I have to revise that one first.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Though our friend Rock Man isn't actually made of rock, if your body was made of common stone, you would weigh over 360 pounds.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Though our friend Rock Man isn't actually made of rock, if your body was made of common stone, you would weigh over 360 pounds.
He may not be made of rocks, but a robot his size probably does way around that amount anyway

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No matter what his true weight is I do picture Mega Man as being a fast-faller.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Though I shouldn't have been surprised, I was disappointed that a man made of steel would only be a few pounds or so heavier than a man made of iron.

Still, that's over 1,150 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom