• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
like who?
Pichu, LANDMASTER, Metaknight overpowered, Mewtwo cut, Clones, etc. He usually does a good job of making a great game but always falling short of fan expectations on what we truely want for a character (s). Another good example is the fact that Megaman never made the cut for Brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pichu, LANDMASTER, Metaknight overpowered, Mewtwo cut, Clones, etc. He usually does a good job of making a great game but always falling short of fan expectations on what we truely want for a character (s). Another good example is the fact that Megaman never made the cut for Brawl.
You forgot the stamina mechanic. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Fixed mistake.:rotfl:
To be fair, Mega Man wasn't even in the Top 10 of requests for pre-Brawl and Sakurai did comment on how hard it was to add third-parties.

D

Deleted member

Here's some more music. Sorry of some of these were already suggested before.
Flashman(MM2)
Metalman(MM2)
Flameman(MM6)
Turboman(MM7)
Jewelman(MM9)
Starman(MM5)
Link to Flame Man was broken, but that's okay since I got a working link on the OP. Suggestions have been added.

Edit:

Okay, I need help in regards to a few things in regards to my fifth counterargument;

- How do I explain the lack of Mega Man's appearance in Wreck-It Ralph? Supposedly, Mega Man characters were removed by Capcom due to licensing issues. I NEED to address this or detractors will use this argument and discredit my very important counterargument completely (the main reason why I'm even bothering defending Mega Man so intensely, especially on GameFAQs).

- Where are some things I can look at in regards to development for Street Fighter X Mega Man and Xover? There are questionable things in regards to both games that I have to address.

Very important I address these things, so please respond if you have some advice here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
- How do I explain the lack of Mega Man's appearance in Wreck-It Ralph? Supposedly, Mega Man characters were removed by Capcom due to licensing issues. I NEED to address this or detractors will use this argument and discredit my very important counterargument completely (the main reason why I'm even bothering defending Mega Man so intensely, especially on GameFAQs).
I found this on TV Tropes. Link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ShoutOut/WreckItRalph
Another audio Shout Out that's easier to miss; the sound effect that plays when Felix gets a pie is the same sound effect used when Mega Man gets an enemy ability from Mega Man 3 onwards.

At one point when Tamora Calhoun draws her gun, it makes the charging sound effect that X's buster makes when he charges it from Mega Man X 4 onward.
Seeing that there was something from Mega Man, it can be explained similarly to Mario's absence.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Link to Flame Man was broken, but that's okay since I got a working link on the OP. Suggestions have been added.

Edit:

Okay, I need help in regards to a few things in regards to my fifth counterargument;

- Where are some things I can look at in regards to development for Street Fighter X Mega Man and Xover? There are questionable things in regards to both games that I have to address.

Very important I address these things, so please respond if you have some advice here.
The Wreck It Ralph thing doesn't seem all that important though. But I assumed they didn't bother with Wily because Capcom was already repped with Zangeif and M. Bison. Either that OR Disney didn't want to pay for Wily too, who most likely didn't have any lines unlike Zangeif. Perhaps Capcom had been paid by Disney per franchise. From what I understand Wily was the only one to show up for the Megaman series, much like Bowser had done for Mario. Pac-Man didn't show up either, he was only mentioned.

Edit: as FalKoopa had mentioned they had used some sound effects. It's not much but it is a neat little nod. Namely the gun charging one sounding the same as Megaman X's X-Buster being charged up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Going Turbo" is first spoken by M. Bison, in a nod to Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (as well as Street Fighter II Turbo aka "Hyper Fighting" in North America).
  • Actually, it's a non-sexual Double Entendre, with the other meaning explained later with the story of Turbo. Though having M. Bison be the first character to reference Turbo before they explain what it refers to is probably an intentional misdirection...
It misdirected me all right. I thought they were referring to street fighter Turbo...Or more specifically Capcom's style of rehashing the same game over and over with a few changes

D

Deleted member

2,000 votes on Shortie's poll!

Mega Man - 1080
Mewtwo - 968
Ridley - 699
King K. Rool - 694
Little Mac - 681
Waluigi - 582
Isaac - 561
Bowser Jr. - 548
Roy - 541
Ghirahim - 503
Palutena - 491
Chrom - 452
Zoroark - 446
Krystal - 442
Shulk - 421
Pac-Man - 419
Geno - 380
Toad - 334
Dixie Kong - 286
Takamaru - 263
Samurai Goroh - 244
Saki Amamiya - 236
Bandanna Dee - 213
Black Shadow - 207
Mona - 176

Not bad for the Blue Bomber if I must say so myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want Palutena to overtake Ghirahim...she should be in the Top 10.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For who she is, Palutena is actually doing very well. I mean think about it, apart from some minor stuff she's really only had one large role as a supporting character in a very erratic series, yet she can hold her own against lead protagonists and characters with many frequent appearances or who are part of triple-A franchises, with already built-in audiences. I mean yeah, it'd be great if she was higher, but considering everything, it's hard to complain about her current standing. Sakurai made her a really great character. :)

Edit: I guess maybe this isn't the best place for my post, but whatevah. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I didn't even realize it was the Mega Man thread when I posted that...man, I need sleep. :laugh:

As one final word on that, N3ON, when you put it that way, it actually does show quite a bit that Palutena is as high as she is. And that if you subtract the Waluigi votes from 4Chan, she'd be in the Top 10 anyway.

FourStar

Smash Ace
you know i was wondering during class today what would megaman's victory theme be? i was really thinking hard too about what it would be and i can seem to think of any

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's really good to see Megaman in first so far on the list. It shows how much people really want him in, even over the likes of Ridley or King K. Rool. Also nice to see Isaac in the top ten too. Though I agree with Opossum, Palutena should be higher on the list.

FourStar

Smash Ace
It's really good to see Megaman in first so far on the list. It shows how much people really want him in, even over the likes of Ridley or King K. Rool. Also nice to see Isaac in the top ten too. Though I agree with Opossum, Palutena should be higher on the list.
people started wising and realized we wanted a badass character. and i would like to see ridley too. megaman vs ridley. SO SICK

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I love that little ditty. Maybe it's what should play when the player sees his "Here comes a new challenger!" screen. It'd be awesome seeing him introduced like he's a Robot Master, hehe.

D

Deleted member

Rock Man X is coming to the Japanese Virtual Console.

Surprised it was coming out so soon, especially given that the Wii release came out so late in the Wii cycle. Not that this means anything for Smash, but I do think Capcom is trying to keep Mega Man semi-relevant until they can come up with a good game to bring back interest in the franchise. I look forward to it coming to the Wii-U so I can get finally get my hand on the game again.
thekewlusername said:
Not gonna lie, that sounds more victorious than the actual victory theme in Megaman 2. Though both could work really well.
I think it'd work better in a Robot Medley as I said before and it'd work better as a challenger theme anyway.

Edit: True that the Wreck-It-Ralph argument isn't too big of an issue, but knowing detractors, they will use everything in their disposal against Mega Man, so it's good to cover all base.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rock Man X is coming to the Japanese Virtual Console.

Surprised it was coming out so soon, especially given that the Wii release came out so late in the Wii cycle. Not that this means anything for Smash, but I do think Capcom is trying to keep Mega Man semi-relevant until they can come up with a good game to bring back interest in the franchise. I look forward to it coming to the Wii-U so I can get finally get my hand on the game again.I think it'd work better in a Robot Medley as I said before and it'd work better as a challenger theme anyway.

Edit: True that the Wreck-It-Ralph argument isn't too big of an issue, but knowing detractors, they will use everything in their disposal against Mega Man, so it's good to cover all base.
It'd be pretty cool if any of the Megaman X or Megaman Battle Network games were re-released on the 3DS. C'mon people you know you'd want it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
im sorry but what is the virtual console.....
It's Nintendo's rerelease of old games on the Wii, 3DS and most recently the WiiU. On the Nintendo shop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
im sorry but what is the virtual console.....
Its an online system within Nintendo consoles used for downloading titles that can be played from the system without the need of a disc. Most virtual console games are of NES and SNES and Gamboy games made by Nintendo(Mario, Zelda, Metroid,Kirby ect ect.) by you can find some stuff from Capcom, Namco, Konami and other too(Megaman, Pac-man, Castlevania ect ect). While not as often, you can find Sega Genesis games as well(like Sonic or Streets of Rage). I think they have also recently added Gameboy Advance games on the 3DS virtual console as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Then's there's the Virtual Console's "big brother" so to speak, the E-shop. The E-shop has new downloadable games and other apps.

D

Deleted member

It'd be pretty cool if any of the Megaman X or Megaman Battle Network games were re-released on the 3DS. C'mon people you know you'd want it.
Well Mega Man X2 and X3 are also possible. Mega Man Battle Network games could appear on the Wii-U since the GBA is going to be supported (as is Mega Man and Bass, but I prefer Rock Man & Forte).

As for the poll result, I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how well Mega Man is doing. I fully expected Mega Man to be in the Top 5 and thought there was a good chance at Mega Man being in the Top 3, but to be #1 and as far ahead as he is from Mewtwo and especially every other newcomer is great. Along with Mega Man being probably the most popular newcomer in Japan, I would be surprised if Mega Man wasn't the most wanted newcomer for this game (and I do think he's competitive in requests with Mewtwo).

Also, can someone please answer this question:
Thanks.

FourStar

Smash Ace
forget the poll hopefully his chances in smash are increasing because of the support from the community!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As with Ridley, this could very well be the last month where Mega Man fans will even have to wait for his playable inclusion in Smash Bros. Just one more month and Mega Man could finally be confirmed.

I still think a confirmation for Mega Man in Smash Bros. would be the best possible way for Capcom to honor his 25th anniversary.

FourStar

Smash Ace
As with Ridley, this could very well be the last month where Mega Man fans will even have to wait for his playable inclusion in Smash Bros. Just one more month and Mega Man could finally be confirmed.

I still think a confirmation for Mega Man in Smash Bros. would be the best possible way for Capcom to honor his 25th anniversary.
OMG YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS. i didn't even realize capcom was celbrating 25 years lol. at E3 they should have the head of capcom shake hands with sakurai on stage and be like "you know what? Megaman's in the game *******!!!!!"

D

Deleted member

Just got a revision of my 5th counterargument done (although I haven't sent it to nLiM8d yet, he also hasn't reviewed my 4th one yet, so there will probably be a major change once I get done with it. I consider this to be the weakest part of my argument and really need help fleshing this out:

There has been several instance in which Capcom has even tried to appeal to the fans. In Rockman Xover, Capcom has shown fan sympathy by hiring the Rock Man X and Rock Man Gigamix manga artists to do some work in the game. The game also had the series's first Robot Master contest ever since Mega Man 8. Another case of fan sympathy is Street Fighter X Mega Man. Instead of ordering a cease and desist like most companies would, they even went to the effort of helping to assist with the game, helping with funding development, handing marketing and other things. Capcom has not forgotten about the fans and they are trying to appease the fans whenever possible.
ChronoBound said:

*continues to cross his fingers as much as possible*

please make it happen Sakurai.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF:

Street Fighter x Mega Man seems to be fine IMO. But if you're looking at fleshing it out more I'd watch this video to maybe get some ideas.

With Xover, honestly the big thing seems to be that it came out at the wrong time. Yeah it's nothing special but putting it out at such a crucial and harsh time for the series (which I would argue also means fans expect more than usual) with a lack of releases and being the 25th anniversary is a death sentence with fans. In hindsight I think the west missed out on something. The game is doing very well in Japan and all the fan stuff with it is rather neat. Had it come out back when MM9-10 it probably wouldn't get even half the heat that it's gotten now. Would look at these articles to maybe help out as well:

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/11/29/rockman-xover-first-impressions-yeah-it-sucks/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/12/02/rockman-xover-reaches-top-3-on-itunes/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/12/06/rockman-xover-is-100000-strong/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/01...-capcom-usa-may-not-bring-rockman-xover-west/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/tag/rockman-xover/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom