• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I disagree with the idea that Megaman is the only option for Capcom. I would say that Amaterasu fits all the criteria to be in Smash and would be accepted and draw excitement.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I disagree with the idea that Megaman is the only option for Capcom. I would say that Amaterasu fits all the criteria to be in Smash and would be accepted and draw excitement.
True but Ammy lacks the history and the levels of hype. You see many people mistake the old Megaman games for Nintendo games.

D

Deleted member

Can't say I agree.

Amaterasu's downfall are two things; her lack of requests and her obscurity. Aside from quite a few third-parties outclassing Amaterasu in requests, Okami is a very obscure franchise in comparison to other third-party characters that could get in. There are several characters we would get from Capcom before Amaterasu gets in and that's not taking into account Mega Man himself.

Now I'm not against her getting in, but I just don't see any reason why Sakurai or Capcom would want Amaterasu in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can't say I agree.

Amaterasu's downfall are two things; his lack of requests and his obscurity. Aside from quite a few third-parties outclassing Amaterasu in requests, Okami is a very obscure franchise in comparison to other third-party characters that could get in. There are several characters we would get from Capcom before Amaterasu gets in and that's not taking into account Mega Man himself.

Now I'm not against him getting in, but I just don't see any reason why Sakurai or Capcom would want Amaterasu in.
Pssst! Psssst!

Amatarasu is a girl.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Nope.

Okami is nowhere near a popular enough franchise, especially when compared to other games under Capcom's belt, such as Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter. If there's a Capcom rep and it's not Mega Man, I can pretty much guarantee you it'll be someone from Street Fighter.

D

Deleted member

I'll be happy with him in there as long as Capcom/Sora/Namco doesn't **** up and get his new design in there.
It'll be either the Classic or X version so I don't think you will have to worry much about that.

Adding you to the list of supporters

D

Deleted member

I was gonna wait until Monday to post about this but TMMN made an article SO:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/05/03/mega-man-fans-take-to-miiverse-in-support-of-the-blue-bomber/

I think I'll still make it a topic for Monday, because it's a neat way to show support for Mega Man (and getting him in Smash Bros!) if you own a WiiU. Heck, maybe there will be even more Mega Man/Smash Bros. posts by that time!
You have to really appreciate the dedication that the fan base has towards Mega Man. Even if we tend to whine a lot, I feel as our passion for the franchise is what has kept the fan base from collapsing as most other fan base would have depreciated seriously after recent events.

I'm also going to be posting the Smash Bros. image on the OP and will eventually update with signatures that fans can use as well.

Another thing, do you know of some potential websites I can expand this group to? I am planning to take this to GameFAQs once I can finish my counterarguments (The "Capcom hates Mega Man!" argument absolutely must be fully addressed before that group touches GameFAQs) and Mega Man Network as well. Right now, I am also trying to see if Capcom-Unity will approve a Mega Man for SSB4 group (I know that these topics tend to get closed and I want to be safe rather than sorry).

D

Deleted member

I think the music list should be put in collapse tags.
That's what I've been thinking about as well. However, I've currently held off until now simply because the collapse tag are a pain to handle (even when only one is put in, at least two collapse tags usually show up. Not sure if I should contact the moderators about what to do).

Edit: I have just posted the Capcom-Unity group here.

Currently, there's barely anything on it, but since I got a good enough answer to indicate that I'm following the rules by opening a group, I decided to go through it. Note that there's barely anything in it so far, but there will be an overhaul coming...

volbound1700

Smash Master
True but Ammy lacks the history and the levels of hype. You see many people mistake the old Megaman games for Nintendo games.
Well I definitely agree with this statement, I just wanted to point out that their are other Capcom characters out there that could potentially be in Smash. I think Ammy would be a welcomed addition even if Megaman is already in.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Can't say I agree.

Amaterasu's downfall are two things; her lack of requests and her obscurity. Aside from quite a few third-parties outclassing Amaterasu in requests, Okami is a very obscure franchise in comparison to other third-party characters that could get in. There are several characters we would get from Capcom before Amaterasu gets in and that's not taking into account Mega Man himself.

Now I'm not against her getting in, but I just don't see any reason why Sakurai or Capcom would want Amaterasu in.
Capcom is currently working on an Okami sequel for Wii U and it made headlines on IGN. They are suppose to announce sometime around E3. Okami was a very popular game and had a fanbase but the lack of a sequel and the time has caused the popularity to decline. However, with the hype of a sequel about the same time as Smash, I would say Ammy's popularity would increase. (Also Okami was very popular in Japan and in US IGN and other reviewers referred to it as the Zelda-like game that out did Zelda on the Wii).

My point was that Amaterasu fits well into the Smash world and is another Capcom character so there is another option after Megaman. However, Megaman's chances are BY FAR superior to Amaterasu's at this point.

I also don't think Sakurai would go the Street Fighter route because it is already a fighting game and more adult oriented them Smash. I put Street Fighter in with the category of Mortal Kombat and Tekken in that it is a more mature and serious fighter game. It just doesn't fit with the slap happy, silly nature of Smash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's misinterpreted that Capcom hates Megaman. Besides, other than Megaman and this guy:
Phoenix Wright.jpg

I would not support any other Capcom rep.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Literally the only thing I can see getting in the way of Meg's inclusion is someone at the Capcom end messing it up by either wanting too big a cut from Smash 4's Profits in exchange for his appearance or refusing it because there's no Mega Man games coming out and thus no marketing potential.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People, stop worrying about Capcom skipping over Mega Man due to some sort of imaginary spite going on. The staff at Capcom are all cool with the idea of Mega Man in Super Smash Bros., though at the same time they are not going to push the inclusion. Regardless of what happens, Sakurai is the one that will always get the last word.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People, stop worrying about Capcom skipping over Mega Man due to some sort of imaginary spite going on. The staff at Capcom are all cool with the idea of Mega Man in Super Smash Bros., though at the same time they are not going to push the inclusion. Regardless of what happens, Sakurai is the one that will always get the last word.
Thank you! Someone who isn't a freaking downer! Capcom doesn't hate Megaman, they just don't know what the heck they want to do with the franchise at the moment(Which hopefully, Capcom can get that all sorted out as quickly as possible). Still, I'm hoping that one of the Megamen will be in SSB4's roster.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thank you! Someone who isn't a freaking downer! Capcom doesn't hate Megaman, they just don't know what the heck they want to do with the franchise at the moment(Which hopefully, Capcom can get that all sorted out as quickly as possible). Still, I'm hoping that one of the Megamen will be in SSB4's roster.

What world have I stepped into...?
:troll:

But yeah, in my experience supporting Mega Man outside of this site, the "Capcom hates Mega Man" bit always comes up, sadly enough.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Super Smash Bros. Fan

I found a way of dealing with the collapse tags. Click the "more options" button below, and in the new page, copy the part of the OP which you want to be put in collapse tags. Then place the collapse tags around that text, and click "Preview". Only one collapse tag should appear. Then copy the code back into the OP.

It worked while I was editing the Ashley thread. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What world have I stepped into...?
:troll:

But yeah, in my experience supporting Mega Man outside of this site, the "Capcom hates Mega Man" bit always comes up, sadly enough.
Well, in most places I tend to visit, its been toned down a lot. But some people play the "Capcom hates Megaman" card from time to time.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
First off, you can add me to the supporters list as "Ragnell Man". I feel an awesome recolor or alternate costume would be Proto-Man, I just love hearing that whistle. Also, did you know the Megaman comic and Sonic Comic are having a 12 part crossover comic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The best part is, if Megs is in, we'll finally have an official 3D model of Megaman and perhaps others to use in Gmods Source Filmakers and all those things.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Super Smash Bros. Fan

I found a way of dealing with the collapse tags. Click the "more options" button below, and in the new page, copy the part of the OP which you want to be put in collapse tags. Then place the collapse tags around that text, and click "Preview". Only one collapse tag should appear. Then copy the code back into the OP.

It worked while I was editing the Ashley thread. :)
Actually, I found an even easier and better way to fix that.

The [ collapse ] tags MUST NOT have any sort of formatting or else they will glitch. See that rubber icon on the top left corner of the text editor? That returns any selected text to default formatting. Do that to ALL [ collapse ] tags and their respective ends [ / collapse ] and the collapse boxes will be normal.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just noticed that you listed me as "Gears Man".

That's awesome.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom