• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a number of stages. But I was thinking around the concept of Mega Man being based on his Powered Up version, and/or Bass appearing in the game.

My idea for a Powered Up MM stage:
Time Man's clock tower (could be called Clock Tower or Time Tower or something)
The stage would be literally the boss arena for Time Man from MMPU, but modified to include more platforms, and so the main platform can be fallen off by walking off the sides. It would also be zoomed out more so you can perhaps see more of the clock tower in the background.
The stage mechanic would be that every once in a while the clock tower would ring like an alarm clock, thereby temporarily slowing down time. In other words, yes, the stage has Time Man's power down to its effect and animations. Optionally the stage could also temporarily speed up time, in which case the stage would follow such a cycle (40 seconds of normal gameplay -> 20 seconds of time slowed down -> 40 seconds of normal gameplay -> 20 seconds of time sped up -> rinse and repeat)

Possible main themes:
-- Mega Man Powered Up OST, T11: Bomb Man Stage (Dynama City) Very funny how well this theme would fit the stage, also considering that the stage is outdoors like the NES Bomb Man stage, unlike the Powered Up version of Bomb Man stage.
-- Mega Man Powered Up OST, T16: Boss Battle Complete
Possible alt themes:
-- the one above that is not used as main theme
-- Time Man's stage theme and maybe other themes from the game

The only other stage I thought out in full detail is the Robot Museum intro stage from Mega Man Bass.

Other things I thought could make good stages for MM:
- Wily castle. (Stage themes: MM7 Wily stage 1, Shade Man's Power Battles theme, and Thunder Tornado AST version)
- Grenade Man stage (from MM8)
- Strike Man's stage (from MM10)

But what I don't get is Cut Man's stage. Why Cut man's stage? Just because of the music?
Well I guess that's a good reason.
But the Powered Up version of the music kinda sucks. Hopefully that version isn't used.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean an ios game...

meh

If it's something real, it'll be cancelled eventually

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd be cool if some "liberties" were taken with Megaman's potential moveset. Like using the Silver tomahawk for close range moves. Or a shield weapon being released in multiple directions(if I'm not mistaken, shields are in one direction). It'd be cool to see the copy vision being implemented in some fashion. Maybe like a temporary "Ice Climber" of sorts, the copy can punch, kick, slide, and shoot right after Megaman does. I think someone mentioned this before.

D

Deleted member

If we do get Mega Man in Smash 4, he will probably be confirmed this year at E3.

As ChronoBound has said; Mega Man's confirmation at E3 would be a great way for fans to celebrate his anniversary (only getting a good new game announcement would beat that). Fans have been waiting for his inclusion for a long time and Sakurai has noticed his popularity all the way back to pre-Melee time. Mega Man is among the Top 3 most wanted characters and is by far the most wanted third-party.

Not only do I think we'll be getting a new third-party (although nothing is guarantee), I also do think that what third-party character we do get will be revealed at E3. As for how many third-parties I do expect, I only expect one new addition and find a second one very unlikely.

Mega Man fans might be a little under two and a half month to knowing whenever or not he gets in Smash 4. I am crossing my fingers that if a third-party is revealed at E3, that it will be Mega Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, IF we do get a new 3rd party character, chances are they'll be shown at E3. Or at least, some major gaming event. Chances are that said 3rd party will be either Pacman or Megaman if you ask me. Of course I'm more so pulling for Megaman myself.

Oh, and it'd be cool if Protoman was some kind of alt suit for Megaman.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
classic mega man would be cool to see

he's probably the only third party character i actually care about that has a "chance" to get in besides pac man

that said though, if he isn't revealed at e3, then i'll be pretty certain that he isn't be in the game

same goes for pac man

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
that said though, if he isn't revealed at e3, then i'll be pretty certain that he isn't be in the game

same goes for pac man
Unless they both make it in, but only one gets unveiled so Sakurai has a shield in case of future unforeseen development changes/delays. If the trailer has enough other hype-generating characters, and another 3rd party (probably a Namco character) saving Mega Man would effectively be an ace up Sakurai's sleeve for later use. Ofc if Mega Man is the only new 3rd party, then yeah, unless he's added late like Sonic, it'd either be trailer or nothing imo.

I doubt we get more than one new 3rd party reveal at E3 anyway, makes sense to spread out the hype.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

he's probably the only third party character i actually care about that has a "chance" to get in besides pac man

same goes for pac man
Eh, pretty much. I like Pacman and all but I think he'd be kinda boring. Even with the Pacman world games. With Megaman I see a lot of potential when it comes to his moveset. And there's enough weapons both long-range and close-range to make the moveset viable and unique. All you'd really have to do is come up with some punches and kicks for his A moves. And yeah Classic would be the best choice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just downloaded Mega Man II on the E-Shop, and I gotta say, it's really fun. It's my first Mega Man game, so I can now say that I fully support him, more than just expect him.

volbound1700

Smash Master

same goes for pac man
I think we will have a third party held on later to get a late reveal like Sonic was for Brawl. I only see one third party being revealed at E3.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think we will have a third party held on later to get a late reveal like Sonic was for Brawl. I only see one third party being revealed at E3.
Well sonic was put off because he was late in development. This time, I imagine, they'll have a plan for third party characters established ahead of time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
They likely have them all planned out but they won't reveal all their gems this early, they will save one to build hype before the release.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They likely have them all planned out but they won't reveal all their gems this early, they will save one to build hype before the release.
Chances are that's the case. I still think think that Pacman and Megaman are the most likely third party characters. Pacman would be shown first while Megaman would build more since he's less "expected" than Pacman.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't seen much fan demand for pac-man here. For hype, they would do well to show MegaMan at E3.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't seen much fan demand for pac-man here. For hype, they would do well to show MegaMan at E3.
True, many on this site don't seem to big on Pac-man. But I'm sure there's other sites where Pac-man fans are at.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
True, many on this site don't seem to big on Pac-man. But I'm sure there's other sites where Pac-man fans are at.
Everywhere I go, Pac-Man's fanbase is dwarved by Megaman's.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People wouldn't even be suggesting Pac-Man seriously if Namco weren't involved. His fanbase mostly formed under circumstance, not unconditionally like Mega Man's.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not true, while he isn't my top choice, I did have Pac Man in my list I made during the development of Melee

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not true, while he isn't my top choice, I did have Pac Man in my list I made during the development of Melee
Let me rephrase then: People shouldn't even be suggesting Pac-Man seriously if Namco weren't involved.

Because unless we're in a situation like this, he wouldn't stand a chance. Especially during Melee times.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't really care about any of that, and just put down characters I liked

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well there's a difference between seriously expecting a character and having a character on a wishlist.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get your logic though. If Sega was suddenly involved, would you say that Sonic shouldn't and wouldn't be suggested unless Sega was involved?

What is your dislike of Pac Man?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People wouldn't even be suggesting Pac-Man seriously if Namco weren't involved. His fanbase mostly formed under circumstance, not unconditionally like Mega Man's.
Hm. I guess so. Well in other news here's a palette swap mock-up I did a while back. I think I did alright. Could've done better but oh well. Maybe next time.

MM10MegaManWeaponGet.png

1: Classic Megaman(Blue Team)
2: Protoman/Scorch Wheel(Red Team)
3: Bad Box Art Megaman
4: Bass
5: Leaf Shield/Similar Weapons(Green Team)
6: Gravity Bomb/Similar Weapons
7: Megaman X/Darker Blue
8: Zero

So, yeah that last color needs the most work I think.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't get your logic though. If Sega was suddenly involved, would you say that Sonic shouldn't and wouldn't be suggested unless Sega was involved?

What is your dislike of Pac Man?
No, I'm saying some characters like Sonic and Mega Man can get in through their popularity and demand, and some characters, like Snake and Pac-Man would have to get in through other means, and unless we're in a situation where one of those means is possible, it's rather pointless to seriously expect such a character.

I don't have anything against Pac-Man, I just recognize without Namco's involvement, he wouldn't get into Smash.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
I like the bad box art MM color scheme.
I don't like the X, Zero, and Bass color schemes. (edit: the X one is alright.)
Better to include Mega Ball color:

(besides, you gotta have at least one pink on there, and it might as well be Mega Ball)

MM is supposed to be 2 colors. his forehead "gem" shouldn't be a different color from his tights imo.

I think these color palettes are nice:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like the bad box art MM color scheme.
I don't like the X, Zero, and Bass color schemes. (edit: the X one is alright.)
Better to include Mega Ball color:

(besides, you gotta have at least one pink on there, and it might as well be Mega Ball)

MM is supposed to be 2 colors. his forehead "gem" shouldn't be a different color from his tights imo.

I think these color palettes are nice:

Those choices aren't bad at all. But he would need a green one for team battle.

volbound1700

Smash Master

Actually it is better to do Pac-Man early because you want the bigger hype for Megaman before the release, plus at E3 we will also get 4-5 1st-2nd party newcomers as well as a view of the game itself as hype.

Megaman will be a Sonic style reveal this time around if in.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually it is better to do Pac-Man early because you want the bigger hype for Megaman before the release, plus at E3 we will also get 4-5 1st-2nd party newcomers as well as a view of the game itself as hype.

Megaman will be a Sonic style reveal this time around if in.
What makes you so sure?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well it is an educated guess based on these factors:

1. Discussion and IP are already set with Namco plus we know about the relationship so the best time to show a character would be at E3.

2. You need a big-time announcement in your back pocket to generate hype close to release. Sonic's announcement was perfect timing for Brawl.

3. Capcom may not have their contract in place with Nintendo and also the develop probably isn't quite there like it is with Namco since Namco had the head start already working on the game. (That is if Capcom has even agreed to allow Megaman in the game, if Capcom won't play with them then there will be no Megaman).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just downloaded Mega Man II on the E-Shop, and I gotta say, it's really fun. It's my first Mega Man game, so I can now say that I fully support him, more than just expect him.
Buy Mega Man 3 next. Its my favorite Mega Man game (it probably has the best set of Robot Masters in the entire series alone for just Snake Man and Shadow Man).

I even bought it on the eshop again (and I don't usually rebuy games I already own).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Buy Mega Man 3 next. Its my favorite Mega Man game (it probably has the best set of Robot Masters in the entire series alone for just Snake Man and Shadow Man).

I even bought it on the eshop again (and I don't usually rebuy games I already own).
Yeah, Shadowman and Snakeman are pretty cool. Though I think that Magnetman is almost as cool too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I beat Megaman 9 recently.

IT"S HARD AS BALLS!!!!

Now I have to beat Megaman 10.....

Any tips for Commandoman?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make an 3DS eShop version of Mega Man 9 and 10

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I beat Megaman 9 recently.

IT"S HARD AS BALLS!!!!

Now I have to beat Megaman 10.....

Any tips for Commandoman?
For Commandoman, weeeeell. Keep your distance as much as possible. His bombs have a large hitbox. And when he jumps I think it causes a shockwave so you'll have to jump when he's about to fall, or you'll get stunned.

EDIT: He should be weak to the Wheel Cutter, so if you got that already, you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom