• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are there Smash Bros characters without a recovery-based special move, or does everyone need to have one?
Yoshi and Jigglypuff.

But Megaman could easily use Rush for recovery.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
The uppercut would obv not be in it, because it wouldn't represent MM as well. Not only are you giving up an excuse to have Rush in the game, but the uppercut isn't even a boss weapon. You might as well just remove his Mega buster while you're at it.

Yoshi and Jigglypuff.
wow, just those two? If it's just those two then those characters must be really hated.

So what counts a recovery move? I'm going to assume that the moves doesn't have to lift you up, it can still be horizontal such as gliding.

And yes, I know MM will have rush coil, but I was asking in general.
I guess that means if Bass is in the game, he will have Treble coil, and if Protoman is in the game, he will use his shield as a Rush coil like he does in MM9 and MM10.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
wow, just those two? If it's just those two then those characters must be really hated.
Troll? :troll:
What makes you say they were hated? Yoshi has a "kind of" recovery and Jiggs is so good in the air a recovery might make her broken.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^Wily's Moon base, Or a Robot Master Level(Airman's is a popular choice.)

Go get 9 and 10 now. 9 is the best in the series and 10 is the best if you include replay value (easy/hard mode, bass mode, 3 bonus levels).

Metal Blades aren't even the most broken weapon in the series :/ And tbh, Quick Boomerang is about as useful on real mode difficult. There isn't a non-zip official speed run for mm2 difficult so you guys will have to take my word for it.

I guess if we are talking super casually...it's still Rush Jet MM3 or Junk Shield from mm7.
there is a weapon more broken then one that uses low ammo, has 8-way control, is a huge projectile and can off 4 bosses in the game(including the dude you get it from?)

final lap

Smash Journeyman
MvC lets you switch between 3 different weapons... Smash bros might use a mechanic like this.

B - buster
B up - Rush coil
B down - choose a boss weapon (summon eddie?)
B left/right - use boss weapon

This would allow the makers to use any number of boss weapons in the game.
Plausible?

Oh. Maybe instead of summoning eddie, down+B would simply switch to a different weapon on the fly, like L/R buttons.
So if you want to use let's say Tornado Hold, you hold down and keep pressing B to cycle through weapons until you get to Tornado Hold.
Wow.

D

Deleted member

A lot of people suggests a Robot museum level. Perhaps something like that.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
^ This means there is not much else to talk about. o.O

Well there is a funny thing about Mega Man, which is the matter of which art style to go with.
I suppose it will just use the look from Mega Man 9 and 10, in the cutscenes.

hopefully this image shows up:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
^ This means there is not much else to talk about. o.O

Well there is a funny thing about Mega Man, which is the matter of which art style to go with.
I suppose it will just use the look from Mega Man 9 and 10, in the cutscenes.

hopefully this image shows up:
I'd imagine that Megaman would look like this. But in 3-D of course.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Haha I remember when Characters were actually hidden and unknowingly unlockable. I really hope he's announced but a small part of me wishes that they'd just put him in and not tell anyone. along with a few other surprise Chars.
Yes I totally agree with this. I personally would love it if they revealed no new characters just the returning and new stages, items, songs, etc.. maybe offering hints but never officially revealing any new characters. This would make my day I would love not knowing any new characters and discovering them all on my own. Now I know some people would say well just don't look at updates...but, I can't! Lol the temptation is just to high. I also would personally love to see it be Megaman X instead of Megaman. All other versions of Megaman have been in fighting games but, no Megaman X I think he needs his due!.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes I totally agree with this. I personally would love it if they revealed no new characters just the returning and new stages, items, songs, etc.. maybe offering hints but never officially revealing any new characters. This would make my day I would love not knowing any new characters and discovering them all on my own. Now I know some people would say well just don't look at updates...but, I can't! Lol the temptation is just to high. I also would personally love to see it be Megaman X instead of Megaman. All other versions of Megaman have been in fighting games but, no Megaman X I think he needs his due!.
Unfortunately, that'll probably not be the case. It can be pretty hard to keep things secret nowadays. And as much a I would like Megaman X(seeing as how he's my personal favorite version Megaman)I'd rather have Classic or EXE. for Smash. Classic and EXE. kinda have the closest ties with Nintendo as all but one of the main games for the classic series has been on a Nintendo system. If I'm not mistaken, all of the EXE games that were released worldwide have on Nintendo systems too(exclusives at that). Granted if X does get in over those other two Megamen, I can't say I'd be disappointed. I think he is the coolest Megaman and he'd have a good moveset. Personally I'd be fine if just about any main Megaman got in Smash.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a new idea for how SSB could handle MM's boss weapons.

B up - rush coil
B down - change form (i.e. change color)
B and B left/right would do something depending on what form you're using.

For example:

Standard (color: blue)
B - Mega buster
B left/right - rock ball (or leaf shield?)

Blade (color: gray)
B - Tornado Hold
B left/right - Cut Man weapon

and so on

Even if the game used only 3 forms, that would still be 6 weapons in all. (5 if you don't count Mega buster)
Ideally there would be only 3 or 4 forms. The primary reason for this is to reduce confusion and time spent changing to the form you want. And just to keep things simple. A possible secondary reason is because it quadruples the color schemes needed. (4 players x 4 Mega Man forms = 16 color swaps)

Forms/weapons chosen could be decided based on their era. For example MM1-6 could be one era, MM9-10 could be another, MM8/Bass could be another, MM7 could be its own era, that leaves one more.
Another version is MM9/10, MM8, MM&B, MM7, Powered Up. Yea I like that idea better, to be honest. It leaves out the NES series but not really because Powered Up and 9/10 sort of represent that era anyway. It would be hard to represent 6 games with a single weapon anyway. (Though on 2nd thought, Cut Man weapon, or Leaf Shield, would satisfactorily accomplish just that!)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd imagine that Beat could be used in as his Up-B recovery. The move could be used in a similar way that it was in Super Smash Flash. Where he can shoot buster shots while flying.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Unfortunately, that'll probably not be the case. It can be pretty hard to keep things secret nowadays. And as much a I would like Megaman X(seeing as how he's my personal favorite version Megaman)I'd rather have Classic or EXE. for Smash. Classic and EXE. kinda have the closest ties with Nintendo as all but one of the main games for the classic series has been on a Nintendo system. If I'm not mistaken, all of the EXE games that were released worldwide have on Nintendo systems too(exclusives at that). Granted if X does get in over those other two Megamen, I can't say I'd be disappointed. I think he is the coolest Megaman and he'd have a good moveset. Personally I'd be fine if just about any main Megaman got in Smash.

I know I'm not actually expecting them to keep it all under wraps but a man can hope lol.

Also I'll be happy with any Megaman being in the game as well but, X would be my personal preference X did make his debut on SNES so I think he's got enough association with Nintendo lol. Definitely more than Snake in any case heh. Personally I would like to not see .EXE just because I was never a huge fan of the games. They were fun enough but just could never fully win me over.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
X would be ok, but I hope they don't use his ruined Maverick Hunter X version.
I might even be ok with his X8 version. (See, Capcom? I'm willing to compromise. Throw me a bone!!)
In fact, the risk is too high, it might be better to leave X out of SSB altogether.

As for EXE, if EXE is in, I hope Geo Stelar makes it in as at least a reskin.
But to my knowledge SSB has yet to ever do that. (I don't see why not, though)
Thus far, every character in SSB has its own spot in the character select screen, and is always a semi-clone and never an exact clone, even Dr. Mario. (except maybe Mario/Luigi in SSB 64? I only played Melee and Brawl so forgive me)
It seems awfully practical for both EXE and Geo Stelar to get in if either get in, seemingly the only thing to prevent it would be an arbitrary "one per franchise/company" rule for third party characters.

Reposting pic from last page. He is way cooler than EXE!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know I'm not actually expecting them to keep it all under wraps but a man can hope lol.

Also I'll be happy with any Megaman being in the game as well but, X would be my personal preference X did make his debut on SNES so I think he's got enough association with Nintendo lol. Definitely more than Snake in any case heh. Personally I would like to not see .EXE just because I was never a huge fan of the games. They were fun enough but just could never fully win me over.
Ah. Well I understand where you're coming from. I would also be fine with any form of Megaman getting into Smash. I would personally prefer Classic, MMX, or EXE. but any of the other two would be fine with me.

@final lap Having Starforce Megaman being a costume for Megaman EXE. would be sick. Vice versa would be fine too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I loved his moveset in Super Flash Brothers 2, he was fun to play as in that spin-of game.
Yeah his moveset in that game is pretty good. easily one the best of the newcomers in the SSF fan games. But I do think that his Down-B should be changed, given the color changing would be bad for team battles. Maybe he can use a shield weapon. His Side-B could be changed into something that less....Protomanish. Maybe the fire blade or the silver tomahawk. Speaking of Protoman he could be Megaman's alt costume.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Would love to see the Robot Masters rematch room from any of the Wily fortresses, that way, the terrain would change constantly (but not drastically).

I'll use my example with MM2 robot masters.

The stage begins and you all fight in a large room with several (8) telepods. At one particular moment, they will all start flashing. If a player lands on one of them while they flash, the room will change.

METAL MAN: Flat stage, but the floor moves to the right. Occasionally it will change to the opposite side.
FLASH MAN: The stage has some stair-like patterns of big chunks of ice.
BUBBLE MAN: Spiked ceiling, and low gravity. May have bubbles which damage you.
AIR MAN: It's cloudy, and wind will occasionally push you to the sides. No ceiling (Star KO possible)
HEAT MAN: It's just flat, and flames might rise from the floor at any given time.
QUICK MAN: Ground has ups and downs. No ceiling. (Star KO possible)
WOOD MAN: Leaves may fall from the ceiling to cause damage.
CRASH MAN: Flat, completely neutral. No ceiling (Star KO possible)

(To go back to the main room, a player would have to enter the telepod in the new room once it starts flashing again)

It's all very simple tweaks to the terrain, so that they can work on some of these. I wouldn't want them to be TOO random, so simple ground pattern changes, and a few effects here and there ought to do the trick.

Also... one would only be able to KO by the left side of the screen, unless the current stage area had no ceiling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would Mega Man look like his powered up version?

He'd look like this

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would love to see the Robot Masters rematch room from any of the Wily fortresses, that way, the terrain would change constantly (but not drastically).

I'll use my example with MM2 robot masters.

The stage begins and you all fight in a large room with several (8) telepods. At one particular moment, they will all start flashing. If a player lands on one of them while they flash, the room will change.

METAL MAN: Flat stage, but the floor moves to the right. Occasionally it will change to the opposite side.
FLASH MAN: The stage has some stair-like patterns of big chunks of ice.
BUBBLE MAN: Spiked ceiling, and low gravity. May have bubbles which damage you.
AIR MAN: It's cloudy, and wind will occasionally push you to the sides. No ceiling (Star KO possible)
HEAT MAN: It's just flat, and flames might rise from the floor at any given time.
QUICK MAN: Ground has ups and downs. No ceiling. (Star KO possible)
WOOD MAN: Leaves may fall from the ceiling to cause damage.
CRASH MAN: Flat, completely neutral. No ceiling (Star KO possible)

(To go back to the main room, a player would have to enter the telepod in the new room once it starts flashing again)

It's all very simple tweaks to the terrain, so that they can work on some of these. I wouldn't want them to be TOO random, so simple ground pattern changes, and a few effects here and there ought to do the trick.

Also... one would only be able to KO by the left side of the screen, unless the current stage area had no ceiling.
This is a really cool idea. Being able to fight a group of robot masters would be sick.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would love that in the single player mode, a Megaman level were you fight 8-10 past Megaman bosses. It would be epic doing that with Mario, Link, Sonic, Jigglypuff, etc. (Jigglypuff was put in there for a joke).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would love that in the single player mode, a Megaman level were you fight 8-10 past Megaman bosses. It would be epic doing that with Mario, Link, Sonic, Jigglypuff, etc. (Jigglypuff was put in there for a joke).
Chances are it'd be more like 6-8 Robot Masters. Rather than 8-10. If they did have ten bosses to fight, you could fight one boss per main game. But it would be cool to see. I could see a Yellow Devil boss fight being kinda possible if Megaman made it in the roster.

D

Deleted member

We tossed around a similar idea where Mega Man would fight the original 8 in a mode, which would be neat to see.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone think that the Astro Crash would make a decent Final Smash? Or maybe the Tornado Blow?

M@v

Subarashii!
My favorite megaman is X, but in terms of nintendo it should probably be the original megaman that gets into this. (though it would be nice finally see X get a fighter). Seeing Zero as a rep from either the X series or the Zero series (his redesign) would be nice as well.

But when it comes to the blue bomber, should probably be the original :3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, if Smash 4 has alt costumes and if Megaman was playable, what would be his alt costume? Granted I think it would end up being Protoman. Bass could be an option as well. Or one of the other Megamen, but those are bit harder to pull off, given the all the other Megamen are taller than Classic Megaman.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what, screw Mega Man. They are remaking Duck Tales.

Scrooge McDuck for Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom