The Master of Unlocking, JILL, will survive in Smash!

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I quite like the idea of the Desperation mechanic supplementing an ammo one. Jill gets progressively worse the longer she's out and expending ammo, but the same time gains new surprise threats as she's sustained serious damage. Would make for a really varied and dynamic playstyle.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Dark Grey
Premium
Writing Team
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
NNID
staindgrey
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Currently the only two characters with that sort of "comeback mechanic" currently on the roster are Lucario and Little Mac.

Would definitely make her a unique addition if she takes on something similar to that.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I had an interesting thought, what if Jill had a sort of anti-grab mechanic where she can push off the person grabbing her, like how RE characters shake off zombies?

Shake Off: Jill can more easily break out of grabs via wriggling the control stick rapidly just like in her home series. Has a special animation that does damage in the process. Very easy at lower percents, but gets much harder after certain damage thresholds.

osby

Smash Legend
I had an interesting thought, what if Jill had a sort of anti-grab mechanic where she can push off the person grabbing her, like how RE characters shake off zombies?

Shake Off: Jill can more easily break out of grabs via wriggling the control stick rapidly just like in her home series. Has a special animation that does damage in the process. Very easy at lower percents, but gets much harder after certain damage thresholds.
Not sure if you can meaningfully implement this, as button mashing already makes it easier to break out of grabs for all characters in Smash.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if you can meaningfully implement this, as button mashing already makes it easier to break out of grabs for all characters in Smash.
Well I mean, characters could always break out of grabs, but no character currently has a true grab counter. I get your point, but it'd be a cute detail that makes her stand out a little bit, like PP's crouching footstool counter.