• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Unlocking, JILL, will survive in Smash!

patriot712

Smash Rookie
"You want S.T.A.R.S.? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S.!!"

-Member of S.T.A.R.S.-

"Who is this lady?"

Jill Valentine, one of the many protagonists from Capcom's wildly successful and influential survival horror series, "Resident Evil."

A skilled member of the S.T.A.R.S.(Special Tactics And Rescue Service) Alpha Team, Jill has been in the middle of many zombie and mutant outbreaks, each one giving her chances of showing her survival skills, no matter how dire the situation is, while also forming a strong sense of comradery along the way with anyone willing to help her in the struggle to survive and finish the mission.

"Why her and not Leon?"

While Leon is a popular choice when it comes to RE characters in crossover games (i.e.: Super Smash Bros., PlayStation All-Stars, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc.), mostly because of the impact of "Resident Evil 4", Jill has been part of the series since the very start and has developed a strong fanbase that cites her as one of the best examples of female protagonists in videogames, and has been involved in many of the series' most important chapters.

It helps too that she's been in a couple of crossovers, with one ocassion having her as the sole representative of the franchise.

These are:

-"Marvel vs. Capcom: New Age of Heroes"
and "Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds/Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3"

-"Project X Zone"
and "Project X Zone 2"

While it's not an extenssive list, it does show that she's RE' go to character when it comes to her series representation in most crossovers.

"Hang on, aren't her games more synonymous with PlayStation?"

In a couple of cases, yes, most notably the original game and "Resident Evil 3: Nemesis", but she has an arguably bigger history with Nintendo, with games like the "Resident Evil" remake (nicknamed "REmake") being a GameCube exclusive at first, "Resident Evil: Deadly Silence" being a Nintendo DS exclusive, "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles" being a Nintendo Wii exclusive at first and most recently, "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D" and "Resident Evil: Revelations" being exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS, with the latter also getting a Wii U and Switch port, giving her more of a "Nintendo edge" unlike most other 3rd Party characters.

"Aren't her games VERY violent and gory, though?"

Yeah, but the thing is, that kinda stuff isn't something SHE does, but rather something done TO her (yeah, a pleasant walk in the park, these games are not), they don't have to duplicate that in any way in Smash.

Besides, Snake and Bayonetta also come from violent and bloody games, and they were introduced rather in Smash anyways.

(Image taken from this site)

CHARACTER BIO
(Info taken from my DA account)
Name: Jill Valentine
Alignment: Good
Company: Capcom
Origin:"Resident Evil" (1996)
Weight: Medium
Emblem: Umbrella logo
Voice actress: Michelle Ruff
Boxing Ring Alias: "Member of S.T.A.R.S."

Appearance:
-Her classic outfit from "Resident Evil" and her outfit from "Resident Evil: Revelations".

Intro:
-Enters doing a combat roll, points with her gun a couple of times and gets into her fighting pose.

Idle animation:
-A combination of her idle animations from "Project X Zone" (her general standing pose), "Resident Evil 3" (puts a hand on her hips) and "Resident Evil: Revelations" (flips her hair).

Gameplay:
-In a way, she'll probably be Snake's "spiritual successor", what with her CQC and weapons, although she might take a few notes from her fighting games appearances, like MvC3, where she puts more emphasis of her speed and swift kicks (most likely for air attacks and tilts), combining that with her various weapons and more "reserved" physical attacks.

Special moves:

• B: Explosive/Flash/Incendiary Grenade: Depending on how long you keep pressing the button, Jill will throw a different grenade, each one with different effects.
    • ▲+B: Grapling Hook: Jill shoots a retractable hook to catch onto edges, but she can also use it to grab opponents in mid-air.
    • ►+B: Charging S.T.A.R.S.: Jill charges forward while engulfed in flames.
    • ▼+B: Return Fire: A counter move using her trusty Samurai Edge.
    • Final Smash: Rocket Launcher: Jill pulls off a massive rocket launcher that shoots 4 powerful heat-seeking missiles.
Taunts:

• Up: Reloads her gun while saying "Alright, I'm ready"
    • Down: Strikes a pose with her gun and says "You want S.T.A.R.S.? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S."
    • Side: Pulls off her Genesis scanner (if there's an opponent when she does, it will make a positive sound effect. If not, it will make a negative one).
Alternate costumes:

• Classic White & Green (Based on Rebecca)
    • Classic Red & Black (Based on Ada)
    • Classic Lavender & Green (Based on Sheva)
    • Dark Grey & Purple Revelations (Based on Jessica)
    • Black & Orange Revelations (Based on Rachael)
    • Purple & Black Revelations (Based on her "Resident Evil 5" outfit)
Stage:
-Queen Zenobia: A seemingly abandoned luxury ship in the middle of a thunderstorm.

or

-Raccoon City: A series of ruined and burning buildings and alleyways filled to the brim with Zombies.

Victory poses:
-Pulls her radio to say "Mission accomplished. Proceeding to rendezvous point."
-Holsters her gun while saying "OK, managed to get through that."
-Poses with her gun while saying "Hmph, that was flawless."

Victory music:
-A short remix of the Results Theme from "Resident Evil 5."

Music:
Trophies:
-Jill
-Jill (Alt.)
-Rocket Launcher (Final Smash)
-Samurai Edge
-Chris
-Barry
-Rebecca
-Claire
-Leon
-Ada
-Carlos
-Sherry
-Sheva
-Parker
-HUNK
-Nicholai
-Jessica
-Wesker
-Spencer
-Majini
-Executioner
-Ooze
-Scagdead
-Zombies
-Cerberus
-Hunter
-Licker
-Rachael Ooze
-Uroboros
-Tyrant
-Nemesis

Pit: WHOA, WHO IS THAT?

Palutena: WHAT IS IT?

Pit: JUST-TAKE-A-LOOK-AT-THIS… IT’S JILL!!

Palutena: I HOPE THAT’S NOT… JILL VALENTINE!!

Viridi: JILL VALENTINE?! OH MY CAWDS!!

Pit: JUSTAMOMENT!

Viridi: WHAT IS IT?

Pit: SHE’S CARRYING A LOT OF WEAPONS!

Palutena: BETTER BE CAREFUL, PIT, HER WEAPONS ARE VERY EFFECTIVE, ESPECIALLY AGAINST LIVING THINGS!

Dark Pit: Er, what the heck is goin’ on here?

Pit: PITTOO, YOU’RE HERE TOO?

Palutena: YEAH, YOU’RE HERE TOO?

Dark Pit: H-Huh…?

Viridi: DON’T GET BEATEN, PIT, OR ELSE YOU’LL BECOME A PIT SANDWICH!

Dark Pit: Have all of you gone insane?!

Pit: YEAH

Dark Pit: Arghhh!!

-GoodGrief741
-SEGAGameBoy
-praline
-Ridley_Prime
-staindgrey
-Dyllybirdy
-Reila
-Takasmash
-Kirbeh
-rat.jpg
-Smashing Ramen
-Idon
-Zeke the Zekenator
-osby
-JDCabrera
-OnyanRings
-GrungeMan
-BrotherAJ
-SwitchButton
-Cap'n Jack
-Jovahexeon
-MrElectroG64
-Kirbsmash
-OrpheusTelos
-ErenJager
-SNEKeater
-Inksaver
-King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I love Resident Evil, particularly Nemesis, which is my favorite game, so I’d love to see Jill make it in. Leon would still be my go-to pick, but hey, there’s no shame in being number 2 to Leon. What worries me is that, based on MvC3, if she were to be considered it’d be her RE5 self, which is hardly the one I’d like to see (not that I dislike that version of her or her moveset, but her iconic look and play style in MvC was just so much better).

Why does boring Chris get to be the main boy of Resident Evil while Jill gets relegated to discount Black Widow?

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I prefer Chris Redfield. But, I like Jill Valentine. I've only played 4 Resident Evil games in my life: Resident Evil: Revelations for my 3DS, Resident Evil Revelations 2 for my PS4, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard for my PS4, and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D for my 3DS. I support!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I see someone already made a support thread for Jill. Add me to the list! I’d love it if they had Jill and then had Claire as an echo fighter.

Later I could post the moveset I thought up for her~

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dang, one of my friends was actually gonna make a Jill thread which he was nearly done making an opening post for, only for me/us to find out at the last minute there was one here. :u

Still support though. The other protagonists like Leon I wouldn’t mind either, but would prefer her, being quiet arguably the most iconic out of them.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Some Moves:
Resident Evil is known for it's guns but I have ideas how this can be worked around so Jill can be in the game. This Jill Valentine is based on the one from the 2002 REmake.

Weapons:
Survival knife: Replace the standard punch move with knife swipes.

Grenade Launcher: Like Shulk's Monado Arts, Jill can optionally switch the rounds for different effects. Red grenades for fire, blue for frost, yellow for lightning, green for the standard explosives.

Taser: Close range attack that stuns the opponent.

Flamethrower: Straight forward attack to keep opponents at bay.

Final Smash
Jill equips a rocket launcher and manually aims for the opponents. If it hits one or more of them within it's blast radius, they're teleported to the rooftop of the mansion in the first Resident Evil right as it self destructs resulting in instant knockout.

Stage: The Arklay Mountains

That opening cutscene, that forest you see our main characters in before they run inside the mansion where you play the whole game? I think it'd be cool to have a stage where you're outside there and while fighting, you see Resident Evil's classic monsters lurking behind the trees plus your fellow S.T.A.R.S. officers Chris, Wesker and Barry in the background running across the screen from time to time.

Alternate outfits

Trophies
  • Chris Redfield
  • Albert Wesker
  • The Tyrant
Assist Trophy
Tyrant. He would walk and jump around the stage, swiping at everything with his massive claw.

Item Drop
First Aid Spray. A rare drop that can reduce a huge percentage on your damage meter.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dang, one of my friends was actually gonna make a Jill thread which he was nearly done making an opening post for, only for me/us to find out at the last minute there was one here. :u

Still support though. The other protagonists like Leon I wouldn’t mind either, but would prefer her, being quiet arguably the most iconic out of them.
I had the same thing happen lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
One question: Can one of her victories have Barry Burton come out and say "That was close! You were almost a JILL sandwich"

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Color me a supporter, though I don't want any Jill Sandwich nonsense in the game.

We don't have any fighters from horror games yet in Smash, and Jill is the face of the biggest horror gaming franchise. I say bring her.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Oh I also support Jill in smash ultimate hey who is Iconic Resident Evil character is it Leon or Jill.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. Love RE, and Jill is among, if not my favorite from the series. Perhaps she could even have Claire as an Echo Fighter as well? Given the shared gameplay and weapons between many RE games, it really isn't too much of a stretch imo. Especially not with the precedent of these two :ultsimon::ultrichter:

Reila

I would like a Resident Evil character for Smash it would be pretty fun especially if we get zombies mode with it
If she is in, and she is anything like she was in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, you will get zombies. Lots of them.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, what'd you guys rate her chances in the Fighters Pass?

I still see Resident Evil at having a really high chance of getting representation. It's Capcom's biggest selling franchise by a long shot, and it's got a lot of Nintendo history. Whether that rep would be Jill or Leon, I can't say because I'm biased toward Jill.

Reila

I think either all or at least four fighters will be third parties. Capcom already has a huge presence in the game so Jill isn't that unlikely. I think the fact Joker is playable, yet another SEGA-related fighter, might give us hope that we get another Capcom fighter (and Ken doesn't count).

However, even if we get a Resident Evil rep, there is no guarantee it will be Jill. IMO Jill is the face of the series, but Leon is very popular, too.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Leon also has recency on his side.

It comes down to whether or not Capcom wants to further push RE2 or if they want to diversify by putting in a totally different RE rep.

Or, being really hopeful here, bring attention to Jill for their inevitable RE3 remake. :4pacman:

Reila

Nintendo seems to favor how iconic the fighter is usually, although there are exceptions such as Joker (if they went for "iconicness" then someone like Hitoshura/Demifiend or even Jack Frost would be playable instead - who knows). Leon would be interesting but Jill is the girl who is in Resident Evil 1/Remake, and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, two of the most iconic horror games out there.

It is hard to predict. Regardless, a fighter from a horror game would be super cool in Smash.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello! I am here to support!

Mostly because I want a certain person I know, to be happy

You know who you are, staindgrey

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ay Staind, I gotchu.

Count me in.

(I'm just a poser though, I haven't actually played RE1-3, just 4 and 7.

D

Deleted member

RE is a fun series, have a few of the games but havent finished most. At least I have finished Revelations and played in the original quite a bit, Jill was cool on both and I feel that RE in general could bring a bit of modern horror on Smash.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, just to breathe some life into the discussion here (because I constantly talk about it elsewhere), Jill has some potential ammunition for her inclusion.

This guy has a long track record with accurate leaks for Resident Evil games in particular. According to him, Capcom is planning to unofficially annualize the series, meaning RE3's remake should be out in early 2020.

If this is true and Nintendo wanted a RE rep for their DLC, Capcom would have a very good reason to choose Jill.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I fully support Jill !

...But only if she's playable in her original S.T.A.R.S outfit :p
Preach brother!
This guy has a long track record with accurate leaks for Resident Evil games in particular. According to him, Capcom is planning to unofficially annualize the series, meaning RE3's remake should be out in early 2020.
Well, if that's the case then surely we'd know by this year's E3.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
SO.

The ponytail coding for "Jane" in the datamine leak didn't apply to a female alt for Joker at all. It applied to someone else.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Also guns don't really seem to be a problem anymore. I made the argument back in Smash 4 DLC speculation that they just need to stylize the gunshots MvC style and they did. Now we have Bayo and Joker, so characters from RE, DMC, and what have you do seem like they have a fair shot. Joker's Neutral Special is literally just Gun. Just Gun. Jill with a handgun, grenades like Snake (or maybe the launcher), etc. could work perfectly fine. Not to mention with how big of a series RE is and the plethora of Capcom content already in the game, AND with RE making a big comeback with 7, RE2make, and future games already planned it really does seem like the perfect time for someone from RE to get in.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Anyway, might as well take this time to pledge my support for Jill Valentine in Smash.
The ponytail coding for "Jane" in the datamine leak didn't apply to a female alt for Joker at all. It applied to someone else.
Though didn't it show up in Joker's data from the mine still?

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I was team Leon for a while, but I've seen the light now. I'm not too fussy about which of the two we would get but I see Jill as a bigger net positive due to her more classic status. Plus, the grenade launcher she uses in RE3 would be hella fun in Smash. I'd kill someone if they used mind control Jill though.

Anyway, the closer we move to Super Bash Sisters, the better :4pacman:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m gonna post my kdea for a move set later... well what I have, i’m still working on it lol

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe Joker stole Jill's recovery

Took me long enough, but I'd like to see Jill in Smash and yes, staindgrey staindgrey converted me.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I would like to be on the supporters list.

RE is a franchise which really has a big mark on the gaming industry, so having it present in Smash is probably the next step.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hell yeah it's active. That makes me happy.

You know what that means.

Moveset time.

Top Bottom