• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Master of Unlocking, JILL, will survive in Smash!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Jill, Leon, and Nemesis are coming to Dead By Daylight, along with a Raccoon City Police Department map. Also, when you play as Nemesis, zombies are added to the map. (a first for the game)

More information is supposed to be here, though it's not up as of the time that I'm typing this: https://residentevil.deadbydaylight.com/

Also, when it looked like the PS3 store was shutting down, I got Resident Evil 1-3. Which one of those is the easiest to start with?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Jill, Leon, and Nemesis are coming to Dead By Daylight, along with a Raccoon City Police Department map. Also, when you play as Nemesis, zombies are added to the map. (a first for the game)

More information is supposed to be here, though it's not up as of the time that I'm typing this: https://residentevil.deadbydaylight.com/

Also, when it looked like the PS3 store was shutting down, I got Resident Evil 1-3. Which one of those is the easiest to start with?
I’d say start with RE1 although you’re best off playing the Remake which is basically the definitive version of it

So in that case it may be best to start RE2 first and then play 3, and maybe go to RE1 classic if you’re curious

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For 2 and 3, you could honestly go either or with the originals or remakes. RE3 2020 was missing a decent chunk of content that was in the original though. It not getting any additional single player DLC like the RE2make did was also insult to injury which is a shame, as I really liked it at launch. That Resistance multiplayer not many cared for took up too much time/resources at the expense of the main game.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
For 2 and 3, you could honestly go either or with the originals or remakes. RE3 2020 was missing a decent chunk of content that was in the original though. It not getting any additional single player DLC like the RE2make did was also insult to injury which is a shame, as I really liked it at launch. That Resistance multiplayer not many cared for took up too much time/resources at the expense of the main game.
Honestly nah I'd say you should play both as there's a very large amount of differences between the games unlike RE1R which is pretty 1:1 to the point where the remakes are inconsistent with Resident Evil's lore (RE2R's final area literally contradicts Resident Evil 0 for example).

I'd say they're both worth playing however just that you'll be missing out on certain important details if you just play the remakes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Chris and Jill appear as a duo similar to Ice Climbers with Leon and Claire as alternate skins, how would Chris' infamous boulder punch work?

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Honestly nah I'd say you should play both as there's a very large amount of differences between the games unlike RE1R which is pretty 1:1 to the point where the remakes are inconsistent with Resident Evil's lore (RE2R's final area literally contradicts Resident Evil 0 for example).

I'd say they're both worth playing however just that you'll be missing out on certain important details if you just play the remakes.
Haven't played Zero, but know a bit about it's lore. How does RE2R contradict it?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Haven't played Zero, but know a bit about it's lore. How does RE2R contradict it?
The end area is completely different in terms of structure from 0’s which is the same as RE2 classic’s endgame areas

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm not holding my breath, but an RE rep does seem a bit more likely now after Kazuya. If we can get a Mii costume from Tekken before receiving a character, then surely we can get a RE character after getting spirits. Honestly, I think RE is the most obvious omission from Ultimate so far. I still really hope we can see the series get represented.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Here's hoping Jill gets in tomorrow! She's a well known gaming icon so I think she'd be a great choice for the last character as both Western and Japanese audiences would appreciate her. The horror genre of games isn't well represented in Smash so I'd love to see anyone from RE make it in for that reason as well.

Top Bottom