• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mages Present: CATACLYSM 4 - Mods please lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
So here's a little speach.

The ECRC is for and from the community, the purpose is to try to encourage OOS attendance.
And we had decent results.
Well, we would like to expand as much as possible, and be able to give out bigger, and better prizes.
So i have a simple request.
Cataclysm 4 is the end of the 2008 season, and i will be applying for real sponsors shortly after, i want to be able to show them, what we are all about.
How can you help?
Well i dont really have a camera, or recording equipment, or anything (the circuit has no budget, were just players like you)
Basically if anyone, at all has a decent camera, match recording equipment, and even setups to make the event look as lively as possible, please bring them!
Bawls sponsored us this year, with a small donation, point winners will receive prizes, and then grand finals winners as well. Pictures of these people, with the bawls product, would likely be good to send to bawls, for when we apply for a real sponsorship.

Also looking into the future, we are looking for a few more people, and tournament hosts for next season
Please read this thread if you are interested

Regardless this weekend should have plenty of good matches, and cant wait to see you there!
you cats better be ready for a hawt new season!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
unfortunately theres no way for me to get a hold of wes, as he's still in the hospital. It might be possible when he gets out for him to mail it to you, i'll have to tell him.

ALSO, BRING WII'S, BRAWL, AND RECORDING EQUIPMENT.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Ok.

Also......HELP WITH HOUSING!!
Its really tight in CT.. thats the biggest draw back to having these events
Which is why the venue is offering housing saturday night for $10.. win money matchs and stay there lol.. or try bugging people in the ct player finder, theres alot of melee players in ct that dont check this thread

Edit, also.. its kind of personal there cowtipper, or yes, whoever you are. do i know you?
But yeah, he has had better days.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
no one special lol...are we talking about NY Wes or Mogwai Wes? I know both but nah I wont pry i was just concerned.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its really tight in CT.. thats the biggest draw back to having these events
Which is why the venue is offering housing saturday night for $10.. win money matchs and stay there lol.. or try bugging people in the ct player finder, theres alot of melee players in ct that dont check this thread
See? I was gonna MM People to get some cash if I could but I have a mental problem with that.

I always screw up at the last min when it counts in them. Problaby the reason I don't get as far as I think I could/should in tournaments ether. so me going commando in MM won't help. cause if I lose it then what?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
oh...too many wes's. my bad then. i don't know OWM but i hope he gets better soon. hospitalization sucks.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If it's NY Wes, I just texted him to see what's up, lol.

Edit: Well it's not NY Wes, LOL. He called back and was like "wtf someone said I was in the hospital?"

Edit 2: Is Wes omegawhitemage's real name?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
With some thinking. People telliong me the same thing over and over, I decided that I will play Niko. I still hate the kid. But just to end this. and this bull**** for ten months have lead to so much hype and people always wanted to see us fight. People across the USA and even canda know about this feud.

People wanted to see M2k and ally fight for so long too and it is happening. so why not give them yet another match that people been dieing to see? This will also relate to the speech solid jake made. to help boost the smash community and its image, this would help. and show that we don't play around and need to be sponsored big time. kinda like helping with the ratings.

Here is how it will go:

- Best 3 out of 5
- 8 mins
- Bann one stage and we play by official tourny rules.

This is not a MM since you said before you don't have money for this, and the way things are looking now, same just might apply for me. It's just an international match that must happen and people from all over wanted to see. This match must also be recorded. We will have to use one of the main TV's for this. I'm sure solid jake or w/e can set this up. and when it is ready, they will let us know and we will play.

Canada's best Peach main Vs USA Best Peach main on the East coast (or second best Peach main in the USA)

You people can thank me later. This just might be the best tournament in the country. its a much watch/see.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm curious as to what the outcome is going to be. I will be sober afterall, **** border johns. GL man.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
best mario???
N the vids just get better and better...

[U could say that Seibrik and Ally getting 1st 2 me would be wishful thinking considering that M2K and DSF DESTROYED the competition at the last major tourney.

Wait! WHAT!!!! Seibrik aint comin no mo???

Looks like we couldn't have that bet anyways

Then again I forgot about Inui, and DSF + whoever he's with.

Ok, so bet lower. $50 says BlackWaltz beats you. I'll go lower if you want. He's going to **** you, lmao.

Atomsk and I are winning teams btw.

Call it trash talk, but...look at the results.
I thought u team wit Chu dat???

So here's a little speach.

The ECRC is for and from the community, the purpose is to try to encourage OOS attendance.
And we had decent results.
Well, we would like to expand as much as possible, and be able to give out bigger, and better prizes.
So i have a simple request.
Cataclysm 4 is the end of the 2008 season, and i will be applying for real sponsors shortly after, i want to be able to show them, what we are all about.
How can you help?
Well i dont really have a camera, or recording equipment, or anything (the circuit has no budget, were just players like you)
Basically if anyone, at all has a decent camera, match recording equipment, and even setups to make the event look as lively as possible, please bring them!
Bawls sponsored us this year, with a small donation, point winners will receive prizes, and then grand finals winners as well. Pictures of these people, with the bawls product, would likely be good to send to bawls, for when we apply for a real sponsorship.

Also looking into the future, we are looking for a few more people, and tournament hosts for next season
Please read this thread if you are interested

Regardless this weekend should have plenty of good matches, and cant wait to see you there!
Good ish, way to hop on the ball already XD!!!

With some thinking. People telliong me the same thing over and over, I decided that I will play Niko. I still hate the kid. But just to end this. and this bull**** for ten months have lead to so much hype and people always wanted to see us fight. People across the USA and even canda know about this feud.

People wanted to see M2k and ally fight for so long too and it is happening. so why not give them yet another match that people been dieing to see? This will also relate to the speech solid jake made. to help boost the smash community and its image, this would help. and show that we don't play around and need to be sponsored big time. kinda like helping with the ratings.

Here is how it will go:

- Best 3 out of 5
- 8 mins
- Bann one stage and we play by official tourny rules.

This is not a MM since you said before you don't have money for this, and the way things are looking now, same just might apply for me. It's just an international match that must happen and people from all over wanted to see. This match must also be recorded. We will have to use one of the main TV's for this. I'm sure solid jake or w/e can set this up. and when it is ready, they will let us know and we will play.

Canada's best Peach main Vs USA Best Peach main on the East coast (or second best Peach main in the USA)

You people can thank me later. This just might be the best tournament in the country. its a much watch/see.

I'm glad U finally made the right decision. But I think yaw gonna become friends sooner or later. Brawl was made to be fun, not competitive... I mean the Wii was made to give Nerds a chance to entertain H@es at they crib long enough for a chance to F**K em. I mean come on now, U kno how often this pick up line works. "I got a Wii at da crib, wanna come play w/ it?" her answer about 7 out of 10 time has been a yes for me :-)

It's not THAT big of a deal xD.
It only means that 2 people that were gona fight each other came together to PLAY A GAME because of Brawl. Its an important ideal at least...

Jtails

Smash Lord
ehh this event is being troublesome =[
i really want to go, but idk how to get to the venue, from amtrak, or metro north.
im willing to pay for gas money, up to 50, many new york players know me, im good for it.
just sucks that i would have to pay a ****load to get there, than just to play.

what is overnight fee?
and if you dont advance to pro bracket, can you still stay overnight?
(due to train ticket conflicts)
are there couches to sleep on? or beds?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Important!!!

I need a pick up from the train station on saturday and a ride back on sunday. if I don't get an answer to this by midnite, I can NOT make it to this. This is the only thing stopping me from going. As I said 100 times the station where I have to get off, the venue is 20 mins away by car.

Come on people someone help me out here. ugh. I know someone can do me this favor. I don't wanna let a 20 min car ride be my downfall for not making this. I have all that I need and ready for this tourny so come on!

I NEED AN ANSWER BY MIDNITE OR I CAN NOT GO TO THIS AT ALL!!!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Is there anyone in the Boston area that could pick me up at South Station tomorrow, and then drop me off at OBMs? I'd also probably need a ride back to South Station Monday...

haaaaalp D:
Probably not going if there isn't a response to this when I get back from work (4 PM) today.

:(

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pch sorry I missed your IM's yesterday. I talked to M-D but apparently it's going to snow bad saturday? If that's the case I can't pick you up but I'll check out the weather reports some more and get back to you tonight. Also, I can't bring you back sunday night sorry.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dark.pch, if you're #2 in the US for peach mains whos the best?

*knows nothing about peach players besides the two he met at c3, you and hova*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Trust me, that match up is more annoying for us then it is for you. And Peach only has a slight advantage anyway. its not a big deal.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Now you know it's true, thats why you are saying that. Even if I come out the winner Vs Diddy it is still annoying. ****, makes Peach Vs Marth like like fun, and that is not a match up for Peach at all.

edit- Opps, read your post wrong thought it was to me. But bleh,I can still say what I said though.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
except luigi but we're not gonna go into that are we :3

back on topic. I LIKE TURTLES...except GWs

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
^ Tru dat chu dat.

What's even funnier is when R.O.B mainers complain about Metaknight, because they can't outcamp him, and if you main R.O.B and only R.O.B, you probably don't know how to do anything BUT camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom