• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Luigisama

Smash Champion
well the college semester is finishing up for me. Good bye 1st semester of Junior year and hello 2nd semester of Junior year.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
For some reason I'm feeling insanely Peachy today. Time to play some Peach.

EDIT 1: Doesn't. Display. Sig. I'm. Sad.

EDIT 2: It. Works!

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I think I learned something YoshQs tech advance video XD

At first it was Elementary, then... Damn...

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Good guy yoshq helping out!

On a side note tournament tomorrow. Bring. Out. The. Green. Machine. :luigibrawl:
I have my own tournament tommorow.

Wish me luck. And I'll wish you luck as well xD

Btw I forgot to say this, thanks YoshQ for the video!

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I thought you were going to the NYC one which I'm going to too xD

:phone:
Nah, I am an hour away from NYC though XD

I have to watch my younger brother when my parents go to a Christmas Party, so I'll be playing Brawl via wifi tommorow.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You should go to apex so I can finally meet you and we can share our love of SG.

boss8

Smash Hero
luigi's negative MU's are too much in their favor.....

at this point luigi would just hafe to be switched.....

and a new character would hafe to take the place of that incredibad MU....

(sad but true =/)

it sucks cause i always loved to use luigi...people jus limit everything...and play keep away all day...

the only thing luigi has going for him or nado n fireballs. (obv mindgames n such)

but that only goes so far....

in reality luigi doesn't really have ANY positive MU's......they can ALL lame u out....

including-falcon,ganon,link,samus,etc....

any character that can land an easy spike,is also ur worst enemy.Mainly because ur recovery limits u...they auto get free hits off of just luigi doing missle.....(main reason MK destroys us in the air..)

yea u can do the snake recovery,but u can also still get hit during ur missle/nado lag.....

snake recovery is kinda risky also vs many characters...

its funny...sometimes i wonder how i even beat people....

mainly because no one knows the luigi MU...once they learn...its redic..

also im low on money.....

so i might not make apex =/

me9595

Smash Apprentice
so i was messing around in training mode today and i noticed that if you do an aerial right as you hit the ground, it works best with bair, and then hold that direction for just a second longer, you slide in that direction. it's interesting because i remember reading about when brawl was first revealed at like e3 or something like that, someone found that you could wavedash by doing aerials like bair close to the ground, but it was taken out in the final version of the game. either way, im not sure that there is much that could be done with it because you have to be landing from a jump and there isnt anyway that i am aware of to cancel your upwards momentum so you could wavedash

Luigisama

Smash Champion
so i was messing around in training mode today and i noticed that if you do an aerial right as you hit the ground, it works best with bair, and then hold that direction for just a second longer, you slide in that direction. it's interesting because i remember reading about when brawl was first revealed at like e3 or something like that, someone found that you could wavedash by doing aerials like bair close to the ground, but it was taken out in the final version of the game. either way, im not sure that there is much that could be done with it because you have to be landing from a jump and there isnt anyway that i am aware of to cancel your upwards momentum so you could wavedash
This could just be luigi thing or a slide thing. There is a whole chart on it on characters that can slide after some movement.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Up-Air almost makes go up a bit. But I bet you already know.

Also, Luigisama, thanks for the signature.

White91

Smash Apprentice
Since zhao can't go to apex I'm lookin for the next best thing, yoshq want to team for apex

yoshq

Smash Master
Since zhao can't go to apex I'm lookin for the next best thing, yoshq want to team for apex

I don't know who you are.
luigi's negative MU's are too much in their favor.....

at this point luigi would just hafe to be switched.....

and a new character would hafe to take the place of that incredibad MU....

(sad but true =/)

And a bunch more negative stuff
Boss, stop being emo. Some of what you said is true, but some of it is just emo. Sure, Luigi needs a second to handle some matchups. But he definitely can handle a lot of matchups and has a lot of positive ones. Like the characters you listed.
I don't know about the wavedashing property, but I use ground bair into walk grab or walk dsmash a lot. People don't expect it.

Luigisama

Smash Champion

Don't team with yoshfree he'll go metaknight because it's easier to press b with metaknight than it is easy with luigi to rise with cyclone. Team with me:reverse:

Top Bottom