• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
^

the best is when someone edgeguards, you command misfire and stick to the ledge, then buffer shoryuken when their invincibility goes away.

yoshq, watching you play is ****ing inspiring.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
WHOBO report:
5th in doubles with Chibo. Almost beat Razer and Gnes - go watch the videos. Our team worked by me going in and him camping. We beat FAE and Bio.

Got ***** in all other events. In singles, made it out of the second hardest pool, got MikeRay first round. ***** him first game, 2 upbs. Second game, he barely beat me. 3rd game, he got the lead and I fell apart, I think. I have a mental block where if a good player gets ahead vs me, I don't feel like I can make up the deficit. Second round, DRN the zss. He has BigLou xp. I went into the game knowing it would be very hard. Tried my best, got 0-2. Upbed him second game and almost brought it back. He was much better than I had expected.

In mt doubles with P-3, we had a game against Chibo and his partner but he outcamped us and barely won. I was very mad at this.

Made $34 in MMs. Beat Sebriek (sp?) 2-1. Lost to ESAM and Will. Beat like 5 TL's. FAE. Some others.
sp? what is that?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
got a tourny on saturday, hopefully can do something special

still sour that i had to leave IMPULSE early, especially after that heartbreaking loss to zinoto in pools :( :( :(

chinese food rocks (every once in a while)

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
Revelations National Tourney

Yo guys, took M2K to last hit last stock both games. His words: "You're definitely the best luigi by far I've ever played, on a whole different level compared to Boss. "

Basically, what every Luigi needs to utilize now is the technique of PSC OoS FJ (Worked on M2K, caught him off guard alot) and reverse buffer it if you can. I averaged 4 Up B's per game in Doubles, and made

Top 4 Dubs with Pelca.
Top 13 out of 70-80.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQRwaF5p8o

Peace.
(originally had this post in the Q&A thread but this seemed more fitting)

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
Yeah guys, this technique is gonna take Luigi to near Top Tier I can see it. I went dead even with M2K. He NEVER plays in consistent patterns which made it easy to predict a different approach.

Also: How to do the PSC OoS FJ, the exact frame you see the powershield, you need to buffer an OoS FJ, if you get it frame perfect, its an instant kill, worked on m2k's glide attack, dash attack, ledge get up attack, etc.

It works for many other characters too, its just hard to pull off at first. Like you can PSC OoS FJ Falco's Dair from above and its a free kill, so many options lol

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
^ive been trying that on kirby's bair/DDD's bair and what not...
You have to have a forward momentum towards the opponent if they're spacing it.

Works on all of G&W's aerials, and I'm almost positive it works against every jab in the game. So if you predict a jab, some might also require forward momentum to the opponent, or sliding on the ground from knockback, it should work and get the free kill.

Like easy scenario vs M2K:

When he was going to approach me there were many options, many times I just spaced in and out, hit a few jabs, but when i felt the dash attack near i fox trotted with shield every time avoiding a possible grab range and once the dash attack hit I PSC OoS FJ, and bam he was gone.

Napos

Smash Ace
Power shielding is when you shield and hear that "clink" sound? so when that happens you simply upB? not simply but you know, thats what the inputs are?

mrconcon

Smash Cadet
Power shielding is when you shield and hear that "clink" sound? so when that happens you simply upB? not simply but you know, thats what the inputs are?

Yeah, after you hear that/see the spark, immediately buffer a shield and jump out with Up B on the very next frame. It will prevent any multi-hit moves from hitting you after and get you the kill. So far most of the moves i've tried it against work. I've been perfecting it for months, and its finally showing its true potential. Say hello to a raise in a tier? /maybe lol

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
DAMMIT, CONCON, WE WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE LUIGI LOOK BAD, NOT ADVERTIZE HIS TRUE POTENTIAL!!!!

:phone:

TreK

Is "that guy"
How do you train at that ?
I tried to, but with CPUs I get bored quickly so I gave up...
/nomotivationatall

Edit : have you got any replays ? :V

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
How do you train at that ?
I tried to, but with CPUs I get bored quickly so I gave up...
/nomotivationatall

Edit : have you got any replays ? :V
maybe you could try that endless deathmatch thing with the alloys

Top Bottom