• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Don't forget how to Rise with Luigi Cyclone. lol
This deserved an entire video by itself. The video will start off with a slow motion Luigi in his cyclone animation, and then it will transition into a montage of a bunch of people mashing B really fast with heavy metal blasting in the background

Luigisama

Smash Champion

Luigisama

Smash Champion
aww man today was great at college. BBQ with lots of burgers and hot dogs. Free soda and water. I should have taken some since it's all free. So tired.... Digesting burgers.. need sleep. Z_Z

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I donated blood you lucky son of a charming woman.

:phone:

Pics or it didn't happen :troll:. lol jk

I only donated blood twice, but I think donated to soon after the first time I did and I got sick. Still not sure what happened. Still they give free food, but it is so hard to enjoy because of the pain. :p

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can't right now because of acne medicine, but I've given twice. We do it during school, so I miss class.

The first time was normal.
The second time, I decided I wanted to do only platelets (it takes longer). I missed like 4 classes.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I can't right now because of acne medicine, but I've given twice. We do it during school, so I miss class.

The first time was normal.
The second time, I decided I wanted to do only platelets (it takes longer). I missed like 4 classes.

oh wow didn't know donating platelets took longer.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
They have to take your blood, separate the plasma from the platelets and one other thing (I don't remember the third one), then pump the rest back in so all they have is platelets.

So it takes longer just because of that, AND you get to donate more because you keep some of the fluid. So longer for two different things. Legit.

yoshq

Smash Master
accutane? that **** will **** you up....

They have to take your blood, separate the plasma from the platelets and one other thing (I don't remember the third one), then pump the rest back in so all they have is platelets.

So it takes longer just because of that, AND you get to donate more because you keep some of the fluid. So longer for two different things. Legit.
yess i donated plasma 3 times... but it's messed up. fluid pumping in and out of you: not a fun time. got $120 for the 3 times though, so I'm happy. almost passed out twice so I'm not going back lol

Luigisama

Smash Champion
anyone watch the juice concentrate stream? I wish I could have been there. Interesting how Tornado alley decided to use more falco.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi isn't bottom tier yet?

Hmm. Well just felt like posting...just cause. I haven't played brawl in forever.

Good luck though on any further advancements made to Luigi's metagame!

I myself got 2nd place in some online Survivor game as Luigi lol. That doesn't count for much though -.-

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Alright well I don't exactly know the frames and all that jazz, but for some of the cast this works.
Can you say free Up-B?

On the BF platforms, if the opponent is shielding and you knock them off the platform to the free fall animation, you can get the Up-B on them. I was playing vs some norcal smashers and I stumbled upon this in doubles, asked to test it more, and found it work on MK, Falco, and Snake.

I found it easier to set it up with SH Up-Air, since I'm hella used to Mario lol. FF back to the stage as they fall and *PING* free stock.

yoshq

Smash Master
Yosh are you really going all MK at IMDB?
yes.
Alright well I don't exactly know the frames and all that jazz, but for some of the cast this works.
Can you say free Up-B?

On the BF platforms, if the opponent is shielding and you knock them off the platform to the free fall animation, you can get the Up-B on them. I was playing vs some norcal smashers and I stumbled upon this in doubles, asked to test it more, and found it work on MK, Falco, and Snake.

I found it easier to set it up with SH Up-Air, since I'm hella used to Mario lol. FF back to the stage as they fall and *PING* free stock.
oh nice. no what you're gonna wanna do is sh fair to non ff fireball... or does that work? just theorycrafting here. then into a fireball lock of like 5 or 6, into forced getup, and it would work on any char. it proly works on those chars because they're fat while laying down.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
don't do that...
Play diddy instead.
Help the community to ban mk, srsly >.<

Check out Metagame minute - RCO Lag mechanics.
just hit their shields (only possible with jab i think, because the others are not that fast), then come down INSTANTLY, go jab so they enter in stun animation and Up>B.
because up b while they're on the ground wouldn't work!

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Luigi isn't bottom tier yet?

Hmm. Well just felt like posting...just cause. I haven't played brawl in forever.

Good luck though on any further advancements made to Luigi's metagame!

I myself got 2nd place in some online Survivor game as Luigi lol. That doesn't count for much though -.-
You know what sucks hard?
We traded position with ike.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Can you say free Up-B?

not a bad idea and this works on heavy characters because they can't do anything until they hit the ground. There's a video on it to.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I got **** by an Ike at WHOBO.

In fact, the video is up in someone's blog on AiB titled something like "Beat **** videos you've never seen"

I have johns though.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
i get ***** by ike all the time. nysyarc kills me hahaha

goin to a tourny this weekend, teaming with Mr. L i think. gonna be so tiiight, hopefully we'll rep luigi well!
cool gl to you two and good in singles or I'll send a lobster to you guys in the mail. Then when you open the box the lobster is going to pinch you. :3 meow

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Yea, we're teaming. Aslong as nothing comes up and somehow one of us don't make it lol

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Can you say free Up-B?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFtJDxsqMs

There's frame data and a list of characters that are unable to tech, jump, etc. as they land when hit off of platforms on BF.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
I Like the Fireball get-up. I guess you can do that if you don't believe you can get the up-b. Just wait for the land and Fireball to force the get-up and Shoryuken them appropriately.

...and Maybe i should have been more clear on this.

You input the Up-B as they are in free fall animation, since Luigi is a tall dude and the hitbox is his chin, you can land it as they are falling, NOT when they are on the ground. I mean if they happen to not tech and just bounce, then by all means get the Jab -> Up-B.

Cheers. Have fun.

Top Bottom