• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The most I've gotten in tourney was 3 in a row, and it has only happened once.

I called it too. After the first kne, I was like, here comes round two, and they were like wat. Then I misfired.

Then right after that I said "here comes the hammer" and it misfired again. Everyone was laughing so hard.

FIREL

Smash Ace
The interesting thing with misfire days is that when you "think of misfire", you get misfire...

Luigisama

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about D3's infinite being legal in the Unity ruleset?
I think that everyone is going to try to turn d3 into the next ics where they only depend on a grab and they suck at fighting by themselves.
But really I don't care if I have to deal with those infinites I'll find a way to win. When there is a will there is a way.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yo, Luigis! I don't play against Luigi too often here in Austin, and I'm looking for some MU practice via Wi-Fi. I know Wi-Fi SUCKS, but I'd really appreciate your help sometime.

If you'd like to play sometime, let me know!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
or you could just come down to Dibbz and play me sometime.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
hey, man, i went ALL THE WAY TO WHOBO, and you. werent. there.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
wait.... you were in LA while i was in TX!?

wait, louisiana or los angeles?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
oh yeah!! the story about the bear!!

it was really good, btw. i dont remember if i told you after i read it all.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Boss, Yosh? Why say? Do.
**** up purposely, free bracket (character-wise) & earn winnings.

Edit: Hold on...*remembers Boss's second pool@*Pound** V...OICwutUdidthur...GGs. Brilliant.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
hmm so just went to a tourney yesterday and I lost to will. Any tips for playing against DK? :)

I used a lot of fireballs to rack up damage and I barely approached him because he always had a charged donkey kong punch. Fair worked really well against him imo and I REALLY have to learn to how to tech lol Dk upb to stage spikes. Lastly how do I get back on the stage against will? It was really hard to do. :( This is what I basically did.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
BC, just from me watching my room mate play DK's, I think you're best bet is to keep your head low, fireball like you were doing, and when he misses a move, tornado him.

I don't know what else really. I'm just going off what I've seen. I'm pretty much useless on "will knowledge". It'd be good to try to use an aggressive recovery method to keep DK off of you, using fair, fireballs, or just tornado him off of you.

And hai Weegeez

BSP

Smash Legend
Weegee is going down. Down, Down, Down.

Slipping into low tier would be good for him

Luigisama

Smash Champion
BC, just from me watching my room mate play DK's, I think you're best bet is to keep your head low, fireball like you were doing, and when he misses a move, tornado him.

I don't know what else really. I'm just going off what I've seen. I'm pretty much useless on "will knowledge". It'd be good to try to use an aggressive recovery method to keep DK off of you, using fair, fireballs, or just tornado him off of you.

And hai Weegeez
hmm I see. I'll try different stuff against the next time I play him.

boss8

Smash Hero
BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jJeiFW3iM

as you ALL knw that up-b i landed first stock means we have frame advantage...

same as 2nd stock...

NO GRAB in brawl comes out as fast as luigi's up-b

up-b=2 frames?
shortest grab in brawl shiek=4 frames....

so why not airdodge infront of their face and jus hit the up-b? (only within kill range though) careful most opponents like to do OOS moves....which i still think up-b will win...unless its MK's up-b i think...we should all look into this...cause its MAD unexpecting..:oneeye:

if you all already new this sry for the spam...jus abuse it more!!! xD

-one more thing if ur opponent catches on and jus holds shield...its a free grab xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxH6NDACcdA&feature=related

last stock me and mk up-b at the same time....for some reason mine wins and i get the star KO idk if its real though...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
olimar's grab comes out on frame 3, but we still win that one.

i want to try that thing on MK, lol

Luigisama

Smash Champion
BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jJeiFW3iM

as you ALL knw that up-b i landed first stock means we have frame advantage...

same as 2nd stock...

NO GRAB in brawl comes out as fast as luigi's up-b

up-b=2 frames?
shortest grab in brawl shiek=4 frames....

so why not airdodge infront of their face and jus hit the up-b? (only within kill range though) careful most opponents like to do OOS moves....which i still think up-b will win...unless its MK's up-b i think...we should all look into this...cause its MAD unexpecting..:oneeye:

if you all already new this sry for the spam...jus abuse it more!!! xD

-one more thing if ur opponent catches on and jus holds shield...its a free grab xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxH6NDACcdA&feature=related

last stock me and mk up-b at the same time....for some reason mine wins and i get the star KO idk if its real though...
I have a feeling this is true only because I get more up b kills when I air dodge into my opponent than jab to up b.

Top Bottom