• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Don't listen to the man! The man is always trying to opress you with his rules and laws and taxes, man! Stick it to the man, man! Fight the power!

.Marik

is a social misfit
Don't listen to the man! The man is always trying to opress you with his rules and laws and taxes, man! Stick it to the man, man! Fight the power!
Where did I hear that line before? I can't remember...

And another thing, the Luigi Boards really need a Moderator that actually plays Luigi lol.

:082:

.Marik

is a social misfit
PhantomX secretly wins tournies with Luigi ;)

I would do it, but Hippiedude's looking better right now.
Does he really? I've never seen him participate in anything related to Luigi. Only Wario and Ganondorf. :dizzy:

Yeah, Hippiedude would be my prime candidate too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My brother plays Luigi ^_^

Also, I don't really know why it's a requirement that mods play the character, when the work they do on the forums isn't related to the character in the least. It's not like I'm a brick wall or something, I'm here to help you guys, and I check in often enough, and am open to suggestions.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Does he really? I've never seen him participate in anything related to Luigi. Only Wario and Ganondorf. :dizzy:

Yeah, Hippiedude would be my prime candidate too.

lol don't forget chic too though he doesnt always post results is why :(

i blame my lack of **** and confidence and choking in tourneys =( i mean I know i constantly get better everyday, but i can't seem to throw it out in the real scene. it mostly comes down to me analyzing the given situation with my top tier observation skills quickly pick up brick walls and patterns but then comes down to me not able to pull off what i want to do with my poor reflexes >_>. but yeah thanks for votes lols, though I don't deserve it yet imo until i really can show it off.

PX help me be pro and consistent like you <3

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I demand PhantomX main Luigi. It's only necessary.

In all seriousness and with no ill intent, PX, it'd be nice to have a Luigi mainer as an extra mod around here. It wouldn't make him a better moderator for this board or anything, but at least we'd have a mod for our Mansion (perviously known as Luigi Back Room). And still being completely serious, hippie is no longer a candidate for this position since he has a Mario icon. Super serious.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I demand PhantomX main Luigi. It's only necessary.

In all seriousness and with no ill intent, PX, it'd be nice to have a Luigi mainer as an extra mod around here. It wouldn't make him a better moderator for this board or anything, but at least we'd have a mod for our Mansion (perviously known as Luigi Back Room). And still being completely serious, hippie is no longer a candidate for this position since he has a Mario icon. Super serious.
Don't be silly. You know I always used Mario as much as Luigi lol. ;3.

I'm changing to Marth naos. :laugh:

Make Hippie, boss, or polmex a mod

or me Phantom *cough*

nou. Btw PX should like spread some light on us, we're aren't the strongest in tourney scene (at least I'm not T.T) since he's a top wario and wario slightly plays similar to Luigi too but aircamps lol >.>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't aircamp.. I also only started recently placing high somewhat consistently. About 3/4 of this success is attributed to the fact that I never miss with one of the most broken moves in the game (Waft).

A lot of what is required to do well in tournaments is experience with matchups and an understanding of what your and an opponents best/preferred options are under given situations. Luigi lacks the ability to manipulate opponents into readable patterns (something Wario has), BUT, if you pick up on their defensive nuances, you guys can punish immensely more than Wario can (all you have to do is read a dodge or a roll and they've just lost a stock).

I honestly think the characters are very different. I try to dabble with Luigi from time to time (b/c he's a silly character like, Wario), but it's too hard due to how differently they move and break/make combos.

As for modship, unfortunately it's not up for me to decide modship stuffs, and they also only have one mod at a given time for a character board (if even that).

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Also, not only does codeset 4.1B suggest they're still testing alot of stuff still, but I'll probably never play it again because of the "no stale moves" thing.
So dont. Play vBrawl and get shieldgrabbed and gayed then shieldgrabbed some more.

horray im 21 today!
A toast to Chic!

I'm 19 in QC ^^

I'd like to say footstooling is the most gayest thing that can happen in a competitive environment espically for Luigi.

Kthx for reading my crying.
It soooo is o_O

I hate footstools.

They're like tripping into Ike's Fsmash. In the air...

Maybeh I'll be a mod. :D

Also, who else thinks Brawl+ fails hard because they ***** Luigi's Mansion?
It was one of the most horribad stages ever created. Aside from the fact that there's ''Luigi's'' in the name, it sucks. All you need is a L/R button and you're invincible, or you could just Nado spam with MK. The stage was also terrible for Luigi...

The only stage that deserved a bigger nuke was WarioWare.

Hippie4ModBecauseImTooLazyToBuildMyselfARep XD

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Hippiedude needs to change his icon before he can become a mod here. I demand it. You should all demand it too. He's not supposed to be "big brother" in that sense. Change it back hippie, or I don't support your bid for moddism.

Duche out!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
OK, guys. Sorry to have to be a hardass but I'm going to have to politely (for now) ask you guys to stop discussing modding and such.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just cuz I know you in person doesn't mean I won't infract you, Suspect :\

Modship matters are for the Staffer Shack to discuss.

Suspect

Smash Hero
i know, you know how many times hylian has got me? and he knows me in person lol

New subject

how many weegees does it take to screw in a light bulb?

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey hippie!... it's like God himself parted the clouds and sent you an angel messener named Budet Player Cadet to tell what guide to write!

It doesn't get much better than destiny, hippie. "If you build it, they will come."
More like infernal messenger from the depths of hell. :V DO OR DIE YOU CRETINS! :laugh:

Jab follow ups (jab>SJP) frame data, chart who it'll hit etc. by Magus:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199907

To hit with the Fsmash, I basically recommend to angle it upward for the 70~100% early kills, have good spacing and angle the fsmash differently depending on the situation.

For example, you could normally miss a small character with up angled fsmash (UAfsmash) so just fsmash normally or to the floor so you have a better chance of hitting with the smash attack. Also note that UAfsmash has IASA frames which could prove helpful depending on the situation.
What's IASA? (/noob) :laugh: I know that down-angled kills well to the side, so I try to use it at places like JJ or pirate ship if close to the edge.

I'll look at those guids you linked me to. Thanks.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
IASA = Interrupt as soon as if I'm not mistaken, basically what it means is that it can be canceled into another move like a jab or dsmash faster than using a regular fsmash or down angled because it can be interrupted around the 25th? frame or so instead of waiting for the whole attack animation to end etc.

Edit:

Went back to Magus's frame data 29th frame to be exact whole move = 41 frames.

B!squick

Smash Master
So dont. Play vBrawl and get shieldgrabbed and gayed then shieldgrabbed some more.
I play Bowser. I do the shield grabbing. And I enjoy it because I'd imagine Bowser would play defensively and it helps Bowser be a less fail character. DeDeDe though is just stupid. x_x And think someone made B+ simply because they wanted Captain Falcon to suck less. Now it's all about short hopping them aerials since everything is safe on block pretty much and landing lag is a thing of the past. Spacing been throughly owned. Last time I played, Bowser's FSmash was safe on block. O.o They're trying to make Brawl into a stardard fighter which it's not. I guess it's good if the Wii is lacking in those, but seriously, just pick up Guilty Gear on the PS2 and play that. >.>

And Luigi's Mansion is awesome. :p

Top Bottom